It's certainly do-able, or will be with the conversion. Trouble is, I'd much prefer to keep the torture psychological.

That said, I could imagine scenes where some graphic brutality would be very powerful.

Let's just say I'm not ruling it out :)

I also enjoyed the 'creeping contract'.

I also had to manually setstage qayl 10 after reading the note to get the quest marked at Pale Pass.

Some interesting interactions with other mods (not bugs):

I just started using Sexcrime, so trying to talk to people to remove the armbinder started some bounties. The nearby cursed orcs did remove it, but when I thanked the orc with after-removal sex, I got an additional bounty from Sexcrime. :)

I also use Dangerous Nights and got visited by a wolf and spider while sleeping inside the cage at Pale Pass before qayl's dinner plate was left.

I seem to be having an issue with the slave tats appling. for the life of me I cannot figure it out. all other slave tats will work on my, and if I apply the QAYL tats posted earlier the stand alone versions those WILL show up. Any Ideas?

I also had to manually setstage qayl 10 after reading the note to get the quest marked at Pale Pass.

Glad you enjoyed it. Which version did you use? There's one released a couple of hours ago that should fix the quest not starting issue. If it doesn't there's more than one issue (which is very possible of course)

:D That was one of the things I wanted for this mod - to have one that allowed other mods to create situations. Nice to see it working.

I seem to be having an issue with the slave tats appling. for the life of me I cannot figure it out. all other slave tats will work on my, and if I apply the QAYL tats posted earlier the stand alone versions those WILL show up. Any Ideas?

There's a new version of slavetats (1.01, released yesterday) that they should work with just fine. If not, let me know.

Played through it again, using the new version. This time I've tried to take another way, straight to the pale pass, but different packs of wolfs and a bear chased me to Rifton. In the city, the blacksmith helped me out of the armbinder and gag. So again, no harm done after all. The trip to the pale pass was easy from this point on. Then I went to Solitude again, and yep, Cursus was still there. He got what he deserved. For the next time, I'll install a mod that allows me to put restrains on NPCs, and Cursus will learn true suffering if he's still there  :D

Glad you enjoyed it. Which version did you use? There's one released a couple of hours ago that should fix the quest not starting issue. If it doesn't there's more than one issue (which is very possible of course)

:D That was one of the things I wanted for this mod - to have one that allowed other mods to create situations. Nice to see it working.

There's a new version of slavetats (1.01, released yesterday) that they should work with just fine. If not, let me know.

Negative, updating slave tats did nothing. I tried with a new game, with an old game. Tried with some tats already on and with no tats on. Seems weird that the stand alone tats work splendidly but not these mod applied ones. And yes I tried with the stand alone one turned off as well.

Also a note, during the dialog one of the options is broken, selecting "Good? The money better be fantastic." Immediately end the conversation and starts the quest.

I tried several things to get it to work and nothing yet

Negative, updating slave tats did nothing. I tried with a new game, with an old game. Tried with some tats already on and with no tats on. Seems weird that the stand alone tats work splendidly but not these mod applied ones. And yes I tried with the stand alone one turned off as well.

Also a note, during the dialog one of the options is broken, selecting "Good? The money better be fantastic." Immediately end the conversation and starts the quest.

I tried several things to get it to work and nothing yet

Same here with the tattoos, Slavetats updated today.  I like the idea of ones that can't be removed easily so hope this will work.  Slavetats works otherwise with these and other tattoos.

okay so I am guessing if you are dumb enough to get in the cage you have to reload a previous save. I waited 2 days and noone showed up.

also no tats were applied

Did you ever see a note on the ground in front of the cage after 1 day ?

was scanning through my log to help you with debugging a little bit when I ran across a few lines you might be interested to see (Though might not like to see all the same ;)

I'm not getting any tattoos either so I decided to check my log and noticed these.

QAYL_MeetCursusScript attached to QAYL_MeetCursus (7C01139C) cannot be bound because <NULL alias> (1) on <NULL quest> (7C01139C) is not the right type
[07/27/2014 - 08:23:31PM] warning: Property QAYL on script QAYL_Tatifier_Script attached to  (7C01702E) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
(seemed to be one for every tattoo that attempted to be applied)
[07/27/2014 - 08:23:31PM] warning: Property QAYL on script QAYL_Tatifier_Script attached to  (7C00ACDE) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/27/2014 - 08:23:31PM] warning: Property pc on script qayl_libs attached to QAYL_Libs_Quest (7C015536) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/27/2014 - 08:23:32PM] warning: Property voice on script QAYL_Kicker_Scenes attached to QAYL_DA_Kicker (7C007AE5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

It's also worth noting that I tried this on an old save with the previous tattoo pack you released along with a new clean save both following your upgrade instructions that you posted to pastebin on the last page. 

This might just be a stupid problem on my end or it might not but there is a good chance others are experiencing this too if they upgraded like I did.

Sorry every time I post (which is few and far between.) It seems to be bad news. I just thinks that's the most useful.

Hope this helps!

Can't get this to start properly, I meet the guy in winking skeever, he drugs me, I pass out and I hear the sounds of stuff being equipped/unequipped and I'm moved somewhere, but vision never returns, most controls are disabled except esc and wait.  tried multiple times on a new character, tried waiting a few hours and reloading auto save, but no dice.  Any1 have any ideas?

okay so I am guessing if you are dumb enough to get in the cage you have to reload a previous save. I waited 2 days and noone showed up.

also no tats were applied

Did you ever see a note on the ground in front of the cage after 1 day ?

okay saw the note read it.  this is too much for my feeble mind.  I think I am done. thanks for the mod was fun running through skyrim.

Wow. Sorry about the slow response. I lay down for five minutes and opened my eyes eight hours later. Must have needed the sleep.

Anyhoo... so, I missed a file out of the archive. (Sleep is Good!)

Also murfk thought tats probably wouldn't work if packed into a BSA. I meant to mention that too. (Sleep. Sleep is Good).

Whatever. New upload is up: the main mod is un-altered, but there's a new tat pack. Download that and install over QAYL. Say "Y" if asked to overwrite, yadda yadda yadda.

From now on I'll keep the tats as a separate archive, I think. I should really hack them out of the BSA as well, but I don't think I'll have time before work.

/me yawns

Time for a shower :)

I was playing some Skyrim and I got in to a Death alternative Scene and I woke up in a room Named "QAYL Dark cell". I was unable to move at all but I used the tfc command and there are three guys in the cell. What is going on here is this some bug or what ? ???

Yeah, that's a bug. I thought I'd disabled DA for this release. Apparently I didn't. Looks like I'll need another bugfix release tonight

keep a save and try setstage qayl 1 from the console

setstage qayl_dark_quest 20 might work as well.

Hmmm... stage 50 means the quest has completed.

Have you run the route before with this char? This particular quest isn't supposed to be repeatable, so if you get dumped into it again, you'll be stuck.

Best bet is probably to reload from an earlier save and disable QAYL in the DA options. I'll get a fix out tonight.

That said, it isn't marked as run once. You could try stopping qayl and then typing setstage qayl 1 and see if that clears it. It might not, but it's worth trying

OK, I got home, deleted all trace of QAYL from my data folder and then reinstalled using only the files I've posted here.

The result is the lovely Qayla here, who is not only sporting a tattoo, but also a pair of stylish pony boots as she enjoys some exhilarating winter sports activities.

ks87ycr.png

So: if anyone is having problems with the tattoos, can they check and make sure they're running the latest versions. Right now that is:

• QAYL 0.2.4
  • QAYL Tats 0.2.4.1
  • Slavetats 1.0.1
  • JContainers 0.67.5
Making sure racemenu/ECE was up to date wouldn't hurt either.

If you get those update and still have problems, let me know. Preferably with a pastebin link to a log file and another to load order.

Now I'm going to get on with making that tattoo remover work... :)

[edit]

Some days my spelling sucks sweaty socks...

Yeeeee-esss... I think that's fair to say :)

I think I'm going to give the PC one free sample and a quest objective. Might be a while before you get them all off, though.

Still, at least it's not like DD. I mean they're just tattoos. There's nothing to stop you from wearing armour, or having sex. Is there?

I might suggest that the removal difficulty be configurable. Perhaps just an easy and a hard option. I haven't really had a chance to play with it yet myself, so I am not sure what side of the fence I might fall on. But that psychological humiliation stuff can vary a lot between different people, for some it may work as a short term thing, a diversion that is quickly set aside again. Others may enjoy a longer term reminder of the fun. Yes, you can always cover it up with armor, but how many people loading this mod don't also have a skimpy armor pack installed? ;)  And some people may just find it immersion breaking to have such a tattoo (partially) visible, but no one ever comments on it.

Could be as simple as a toggle if the slavetats MCM menu can remove the tattoo or not, or if the player must go through the in game method of removing the tattoo. Could go the DD route and lock out the toggle if the tattoo is currently applied. :P