When my character recovers from passing out from the drink, there's nothing showing me where to go next.

Does anyone have any idea why?

Same for me. No questmarker :/ 

This was my problem last night.  Clean save sorted it out. 

Remove old version, load game, bop about for an in-game hour or two (longish sex session and snogs with spouse in this case).  Save.  Install new version.  You will see a note telling you where to go but no questmarker, unless that's something that's still borked on my game, I assumed it was deliberate. 

Weird enough but the quest started but the stage remained on "1"

Changin' the stage from "1" to "10" did give me the marker.

"setstage qayl 10" was what I used to begging the quest.

Also I suggest you to make the note more visible or something I didn't see it for like 10 minutes and it was lying on the ground next to me this whole time.

Maybe replacing it with the npc who drugs us would be better? I can easely picture him making fun of our new situation while explaining what we'll have to do to get our stuff back.

But so far, so good, i'm loving this mod =)

Also if you switch the mug there are times you can tab out from conversation and no goodbye dialog will play and you can go around as normal. Nothing too big.

Yeah, it's a complex dialogue tree. Noting places where it bugs out will help me immensely, so thank you.

I don't know what you have in mind with the dialog tree's outcome, but it seems like it can get kind of crazy with a lot of missable content.

It's just a sort of "creeping contract" sort of deal. Gives the player a chance to find out just how far their player is willing to go before they say "I'm not doing that!" Orm alternatively, surprise themselves by what they will agree to do :) It's there so people can RP a little. Same principle for the mugs; it gives clever characters a chance to be clever. Albeit not quite clever enough ;)

And I have never seen the follower dialog play even though I always have follower with me. Using a custom follower with AFT. Probably don't need to worry about them too much tho, they don't really interfere with the quest so far. Unless you want to put them in the race too  :P

Followers, right. That's the other thing I want to look at tonight. I knew there was something. 

Quest works fine now, other than the tattoo, which wasn't a problem until you showed your lovely new designs!  Do they need to be a custom add-on pack for new Slavetats to get them to work?  (I'm not whinging or pressuring about this, BTW, thanks for your work on this mod)

It's just the API changed. I knew about it well in advance, just forgot about it with everything else going on.

I like your dialogue tree, I tried it from one extreme to the other before actually doing the trip.

Good :) I sometimes wonder if all that detail is worth the effort in the long run. I'm glad it's appreciated.

Speaking of evil, have you thought of spawning a draugr near (but not right next to so technically avoidable) either the start or end point for all we lovers of Deviously Helpless?

Not dremora. I had one race in mind with four sabrecats in cages behind the racers. You'd get a resonable head start. Humanoid chase teams are definitely going to happen too, so the occasional dremora should be doable.

(This is the mod I started making becuase it was simple and unlikely to get complicated...)

When my character recovers from passing out from the drink, there's nothing showing me where to go next.

Does anyone have any idea why?

Dunno, but it seems to affect a few people. I don't suppose you have a log file you can slap on pastebin for me? 

Weird enough but the quest started but the stage remained on "1"

Changin' the stage from "1" to "10" did give me the marker.

Humm... actually, I think I know what's happening. I'm trying to catch events when all the devices are equipped and not advance until the gear is all in place. What I really want to do is keep the player in the dark until the scene is set, but I couldn't get the imagespace to work last night for some stupid reason.

Anyway, the quest needs to get events indicating that you've been equipped with collar, armbinder, leg cuffs and gag, and until it gets them the quest won't advance. Which sounds a lot like what's happening.

Were you wearing any DD kit before the quest started by any chance? That might account for it.

"setstage qayl 10" was what I used to begging the quest.

Yeah, the DD one comes in at stage 5. I made the non-DD one kick off at 1 because it needs a bit different set-up.

Also I suggest you to make the note more visible or something I didn't see it for like 10 minutes and it was lying on the ground next to me this whole time.

Ahh, there's a quest marker on it, or there is when the quest fires. How hard can it be? :P

Maybe replacing it with the npc who drugs us would be better? I can easely picture him making fun of our new situation while explaining what we'll have to do to get our stuff back.

Cursus is ... complicated. Although I do have a few NPCs who'd do that. But I like the notes for this first one :)

But so far, so good, i'm loving this mod =)

Cool. Glad to hear it :)

Were you wearing any DD gear before you spoke to Cursus?

(Haven't got around to testing it myself, mainly because I'm up to my elbows in virtual tattoo ink at the moment :))

[edit]

Specially for Windu - slave pack released on the download page. No new version of the mod, just the tats. Note that you'll need Slavetats 1.0 and JContainers 0.67.5 for them to work

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s      index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

The placement of some of those is a little off. I'll have to tweak them later.

NB: The tats are set to lock and resist removal. I've not seen that working at this end yet but ... be aware.

[edit]

Fixed the path in the tattoo archive so it will install correctly

South of Falkreath, by Southfringe Sanctum. There's a road leading to the gate at the edge of the map. The race end is at the gate.

You can pick up the road by the Bloodlet Throne if that's easier.

(Haven't got around to testing it myself, mainly because I'm up to my elbows in virtual tattoo ink at the moment :))

[edit]

Specially for Windu - slave pack released on the download page. No new version of the mod, just the tats. Note that you'll need Slavetats 1.0 and JContainers 0.67.5 for them to work

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s      index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

The placement of some of those is a little off. I'll have to tweak them later.

NB: The tats are set to lock and resist removal. I've not seen that working at this end yet but ... be aware.

[edit]

Fixed the path in the tattoo archive so it will install correctly

giphy.gif

Thank you for sharing this mod, nice to see more quest/adventure based mods being made. Just played through it, here are my thoughts: I really liked the detailed dialog tree in the beginning, it was clever written and allowed some roleplaying,  even though the "offering a drink" thing is still too obvious.

When I was abondoned on the edge of the map, i completely missed the note on the ground, because frostfall was already telling me i was freezing, so the instinct was just to run and find shelter. Had to read this thread again to find out where i actually had to go.

Getting rid of the restraints was too easy in my case, not far from the starting point i just look the right turn to dawnguard Castle, because i knew serena is still living there. So i just asked her to remove the stuff. No harm done, except for running around naked for a while. Then i traveled to the end of the race.

The ending with the Cage, i didn't really understand. The note said something about an intelligence test, however the key just unlocked the Cage and i was free. Went back to solitude to take revenge on that guy, but he had nothing to say (except for his last words)

Thank you for sharing this mod, nice to see more quest/adventure based mods being made. Just played through it, here are my thoughts: I really liked the detailed dialog tree in the beginning, it was clever written and allowed some roleplaying, even though the "offering a drink" thing is still too obvious.

Yeah, it wasn't intended to be subtle, really. :) When I get this thing stablised a little I'll add the Death Alternative option back in as a way into the quest, and maybe a couple of others as well. For the time being, this gets us moving.

When I was abondoned on the edge of the map, i completely missed the note on the ground, because frostfall was already telling me i was freezing, so the instinct was just to run and find shelter. Had to read this thread again to find out where i actually had to go.

Yeah. A lot of the inspiration for this mod comes from the Live A Deviant Life starts with Frostfall running. So I know exactly where you're coming from.

Getting rid of the restraints was too easy in my case, not far from the starting point i just look the right turn to dawnguard Castle, because i knew serena is still living there. So i just asked her to remove the stuff. No harm done, except for running around naked for a while. Then i traveled to the end of the race.

An option for armbinders that can't be so easily escaped will probably find its way onto an MCM menu at some point.

The ending with the Cage, i didn't really understand. The note said something about an intelligence test, however the key just unlocked the Cage and i was free. Went back to solitude to take revenge on that guy, but he had nothing to say (except for his last words)

Cursus was still there? I thought he'd have vanished after the mod ended and his alias expired. I better fix that one :)

The "intelligence test" is just another insult for your character from the writer of the notes. The insinuation is that your toon is so stupid that she'll probably take a couple of months to work out that you can use keys to open locks. Also, there's a chance some players are not going to spot the key for a while, or even not see the plate and the note. In which case, when they finally work it out ... added value! :D

And as for the ones who manage to dislodge the key so it lands out of reach beyond the cage bars ... best not to think about it really :)

No I didn't have any DD gear.  I also noticed that Cursus was still in the Winking Skeever.  Instead of making the armbinder more difficult to remove (especially since right at the start there is always a hostile NPC on a horse there), you should just probably prevent fast travel during the quest like during the Brotherhood quest after you kill the emperor in the castle.  I think the blocking harness would work better as when I was traveling toward the endpoint, I was able to find some decent gear to wear.  As an option maybe include the slave boots, but they are a hassle.

If you are going to have pursuit as described, you could also have rewards/punishments to remove/add gear.

The only other comment I have is about conversation tone.  The tone with Cursus at first is generally polite and well-mannered. The tone in the notes is much more hostile without any indication of why it should be.

Also a funny thing happened with the cage.  I decided to sleep until morning but was awakened because three thugs spawned to 'teach me a lesson'.  Rather funny. 

No I didn't have any DD gear.

Oh well, so much for that theory :) I've been working on the tattoos today (I have a bug...) so not much further investigating why the quest doesn't advance for some people. If anyone has a log file for the relevant session, it might be useful.

you should just probably prevent fast travel during the quest like during the Brotherhood quest after you kill the emperor in the castle.

I thought about that. I was reluctant because the trade-off of struggle-free-and-fast-travel vs run-like-hell might be interesting for the actual races. Still for the first one, there's no real reason why not...

The only other comment I have is about conversation tone. The tone with Cursus at first is generally polite and well-mannered. The tone in the notes is much more hostile without any indication of why it should be.

Almost as if Cursus wasn't the one writing the notes, you mean? :D :D :D

[edit]

OK, I have the tats working again. Kudos to murfk who's worked hard this weekend getting them to work with my oddball requirements :)

I'll get a new version out today with a little luck, once I've looked at why the quest isn't advancing for some people.

There'll need to be a new version of the stand-alone tattoo pack. I wouldn't advise using the current one with the new slavetats. Nothing bad will happen exactly, except that lockable tattoos are now implemented and those ones may be difficult to remove.

Easy work around though: Go to

Skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\slavetats
And open the file called "qayl.json" in a text editor. Notepad will do. Then copy the JSON definitions from this web page:

Pastebin

And paste them over the file contents. Save and you're good to go :)

[edit]

Found the problem with the quest not advancing (basically: I'm an idiot) and removed Cursus from the Skeever lest irate dovakhiin come looking for him... We're almost there. I might see if I can sort out the imagespacemods while I'm at it...

Hey, cool. I might see about adding in a soft depend for them ;)

[edit]

Done that :)

mWPtooz.jpg

Heh. I was just taking my test girl for a run: full gear, binder, boots, collar, you all know the drill.

Anyway, we ended up in Riften and she ran straight into Brynjolf:

"Feeling a little light in the pockets, lass?"

Gee, Bryn. What was your first clue?

Sometimes I love this game :)

[edit]

OK, it's looking good. One more run through and if there are no major problems I'll get the file out tonight.

Yeeeee-esss... I think that's fair to say :)

I think I'm going to give the PC one free sample and a quest objective. Might be a while before you get them all off, though.

Still, at least it's not like DD. I mean they're just tattoos. There's nothing to stop you from wearing armour, or having sex. Is there?