Sound like you did it right. Try and start it from the console with

startquest qayl_dark_quest

There's a chance the quest just isn't starting for whatever reason. If so, it would look you describe.

There's a chance the quest just isn't starting for whatever reason. If so, it would look you describe.

I tried but it is still the same. get black out and back to the last save point.

somehow the code does not do anything. even though the code is enter correctly.

I even input this during the blank screen.

There is no indication if the code is input correctly right or not.

But you no give up. just because mine can't work doesn't other people can't work. i wait for next version and see how

if you have more than 1 quest in da it wont kick in set qayl as only quest in da then when you die itll kick in say if you put bandit and qayl the bandit kills you itll do a loop of bleedouts

I tried but it is still the same. get black out and back to the last save point.

somehow the code does not do anything. even though the code is enter correctly.

I even input this during the blank screen.

There is no indication if the code is input correctly right or not.

But you no give up. just because mine can't work doesn't other people can't work. i wait for next version and see how

I had the same problem with zaz animation pack 5.55 and prison overhaul installed.

I tried a new game without prison overhaul and used zaz animation 5.53 and then all goes well.

The conflict must come from zaz animmation 5.55 that is required for the last prison overhaul version.

I've had one race and got the tattoo.  By the way, I use ECE and with another mod listed here slavetats works just fine... maybe.  Like I said, I got the tattoo but I can't seem to remove it.  When I pull up the slavetats MCM and target my PC nothing is listed.  Haven't had a second race yet but was wondering if the tat is replaced or drawn over?  Also, is it possible to remove??

The tat part is suppose to be removable.

Essentially the idea is that you'll have to find someone to remove the tattoo and it will have it's own consequences (suppose to be part of the slave race faction or something).

But that part is suppose to be in a future release...Guess we'll have to wait for doc to speak up on how to remove the tat's...

Damn... the tats are supposed to show up as "external" in slavetats. Try setting a body tattoo to the last slot. Then open slavetats again and set it to "no tattoo" and that should write a blank dds over the layer QAYL uses.

Also, if I can get the dialogue tree tested in time, I'll see about slipping some tattoot removing potion into the next release, for those who'd sooner RP the solution.

Damn... the tats are supposed to show up as "external" in slavetats. Try setting a body tattoo to the last slot. Then open slavetats again and set it to "no tattoo" and that should write a blank dds over the layer QAYL uses.

Also, if I can get the dialogue tree tested in time, I'll see about slipping some tattoot removing potion into the next release, for those who'd sooner RP the solution.

That worked just fine, as a matter of fact I think it was working as intended I just didn't realize there was a tattoo applied in slavetats.  In the ST menu it listed external in the last slot like you said and for the tattoo it was just blank.  Changed both those back to "no tattoo" and everything worked.  The answer was right there in front of my eyes, I just didn't see it.  Thanks for the help!

Before your mod when I had used slavetats, usually after getting caught by bandits and SD+ or something like that I would apply a tat.  Later in the game I would go to the temple of Mara and do the quest there.  After each part of the quest, I think there are three or four I would RP that the priests or Mara herself would remove one tattoo untill they were gone.  After that a simple visit to the temple would remove them.  Just thought I would share as I was reading through this thread and you mentioned praying at a shrine may remove the tattoos in the future.

I do enjoy seeing post race shots :)

And yeah, that's pretty much the way I used to RP slavetats too. I never thought of making myself to the Book Of Love quests though. Nice idea :)

Status Update

I got a bit bogged down on the kickoff quest for the next part. Couldn't get the aliases to fill for love nor money. So I went and fixed Sexlab Necro like I'd been promising, came back to this and realised that I was tryng to start a story manager quest with setstage(). So that was never going to work.

On the bright side I have a pile of dialogue typed in and as soon as I get this quest running and make sure it all works, we'll have a non DA hook. And then, finally, I'll see about setting up some actual races.

Oh, and if anyone's interested and hasn't seen it, I posted a blog entry entitled "A Coldharbour Bedtime Story" which may or may not have a bearing on future directions for QAYL

'night all!

Awesome Doc! Looking forward to it :)

I'm also really happy you are looking into adding a non DA way of starting the quest. 

I only use DA because Sanguine's Debauchery requires it now, but it caused a lot of problems for me, even on a fresh install. DA is way too unstable for my tastes. 

Anyway, off to read your blog post now, good night! 

I'm having trouble activating the mod.

qayl is in DA

But when it happens to black screen back exactly the same place. How to not start the quest.

Any idea?

I was having the same problem you are describing. 

Setting Death Alternative animation to bleedout only and changing bleedout duration to something higher (I set mine to 30sec) fixed the problem for me.

I'm having trouble activating the mod.

qayl is in DA

But when it happens to black screen back exactly the same place. How to not start the quest.

Any idea?

I was having the same problem you are describing. 

Setting Death Alternative animation to bleedout only and changing bleedout duration to something higher (I set mine to 30sec) fixed the problem for me.

Dont work yet :/

A have a small confession: I spent most of the weekend either playing Morrowind, at my brother's birthday or working on an arachnophobia plugin. So not a lot done on the QAYL front :(

Hey Doc, maybe you can put your Tattoos into one of those modular packs SlaveTats now supports :)

Thought about it. What I'd like to do is keep them hidden until the player sees one in the mod, and then have them show up in the slavetats menu. I've not got around to playing with the new slavetats releases either, which is a bit remis of me.

Humm, ok. Try opening the console and typing sqv qayl_da. Does it say the quest is running? If so you should be able to advance it with setstage qayl_da 20. You'll miss the cutscene, but get the main content.

A have a small confession: I spent most of the weekend either playing Morrowind, at my brother's birthday or working on an arachnophobia plugin. So not a lot done on the QAYL front :(

Hey Doc, maybe you can put your Tattoos into one of those modular packs SlaveTats now supports :)

Thought about it. What I'd like to do is keep them hidden until the player sees one in the mod, and then have them show up in the slavetats menu. I've not got around to playing with the new slavetats releases either, which is a bit remis of me.

Humm, ok. Try opening the console and typing sqv qayl_da. Does it say the quest is running? If so you should be able to advance it with setstage qayl_da 20. You'll miss the cutscene, but get the main content.

says "Stage 20 not found" (i can only activate with startquest qayl but that does not seem right ^^)

also in tes5edit it doesnt show any stages for that quest

Hmm, does this mean I have to replay the mod over and over to unlock them all, or do you plan to have them all unlocked after playing it once?

says "Stage 20 not found" (i can only activate with startquest qayl but that does not seem right ^^)

My bad. I meant to say QAYL_Dark_Quest.

Hmm, does this mean I have to replay the mod over and over to unlock them all, or do you plan to have them all unlocked after playing it once?

Good point. I'#d thought to make them available after the play through. Maybe a MCM option...

My bad. I meant to say QAYL_Dark_Quest.

Good point. I'#d thought to make them available after the play through. Maybe a MCM option...

still nothing happens for me =(

REF 'pc'-> NONE

same with 'cursus',hurgi,durgi,lurghi,wounded_marker.lurgis_chair

enabled? no

state:: stopped

stage 0

priority 0

after i startquest 

als those refs are now -> "

enabled? yes

state: running

stage: 10

after i setstage 20

ref's dont change

enabled? yes

state: running

stage: 20

papyruslog:

[07/22/2014 - 12:54:24AM] warning: Property to_dark on script QAYL_Warehouse_Darkifier attached to (4200B250) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/22/2014 - 12:54:24AM] warning: Property to_light on script QAYL_Warehouse_Darkifier attached to (4200B250) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

[07/22/2014 - 12:54:24AM] warning: Property voice on script QAYL_Kicker_Scenes attached to QAYL_DA_Kicker (42007AE5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/22/2014 - 12:54:25AM] warning: Property to_dark on script QAYL_Warehouse_Darkifier attached to  (4200B250) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/22/2014 - 12:54:25AM] warning: Property to_light on script QAYL_Warehouse_Darkifier attached to  (4200B250) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/22/2014 - 12:54:25AM] warning: Property voice on script QAYL_Kicker_Scenes attached to QAYL_DA_Kicker (42007AE5) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[07/22/2014 - 12:56:54AM] Error: QAYL_Dark_Script.Stage_10() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
[QAYL_Dark_Quest (420096FD)].QAYL_QF_QAYL_Dark_Quest_070096FD.Fragment_0() - "QAYL_QF_QAYL_Dark_Quest_070096FD.psc" Line 47
[07/22/2014 - 12:58:10AM] Error: QAYL_Dark_Script.Stage_20() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
[QAYL_Dark_Quest (420096FD)].QAYL_QF_QAYL_Dark_Quest_070096FD.Fragment_3() - "QAYL_QF_QAYL_Dark_Quest_070096FD.psc" Line 59 [code in this line: "kmyQuest.stage_20()"]
[07/22/2014 - 12:59:19AM] VM is freezing...
[07/22/2014 - 12:59:19AM] VM is frozen

those are all warnings that include "qayl"

mhm no it doesnt, when i startquest it with a new game i teleportet to a black room, theres a light, and im to stupid to find anything ^^

e: ok theres a bed and 3 ppl i cant talk to (ill try stuff out from here on out)

seems like nothing happens, im lying in the bed and the 3 dudes do nothing, 1 sometimes walks but nothing else, when i sleep i can get up, but nothing happens

also nothing when i set the stage to 20 (except that my equipment is now in the chest outside of the room)

heres the papyrus log:

http://pastebin.com/A8RgiVmg

I cannot seem to get this quest to trigger at all.  It shows up in ADA in the On Blackout section.  Even if I turn off all of the other quests except the default, I still cannot get this to trigger when the character blacks out.  What would I be missing?  It looks like I have all of the prerequisite mods - Mod Organizer doesn't complain anyway.