The whole consent thing has many sides that can realistically make sense :

- Money. Sure, running around in bondage gear for fun sounds stupid, but if it's running around in bondage gear for 5000 gold, some greedy/poor people might do it. Now whether you get that money or not is another question (and quest :D)...

- You got manipulated into accepting. That guy in the Inn was going on about how the Dragonborn wasn't so great, that there were some things that even SHE would not be willing, nor able to do. On a whim, you said you'd take anything he'd throw at you and bet him you'd make him swallow his words. Who knew the actual thing was so degrading, but it's too late to back down ...

- You meet a rich-looking girl awkwardly begging in the streets. You ask her what's wrong, to which she answers her family is heavily in dept and her family will be forced out of her house if she doesn't find a way to help. She heard of a certain race that pays surprisingly well, but, living the sheltered life she had, she doesn't have the strength and stamina to do it. But you, strong adventurer, should be able ... right?

There are many ways to exploit the meaning of consent :D

The whole consent thing has many sides that can realistically make sense :

- Money. Sure, running around in bondage gear for fun sounds stupid, but if it's running around in bondage gear for 5000 gold, some greedy/poor people might do it. Now whether you get that money or not is another question (and quest :D)...

- You got manipulated into accepting. That guy in the Inn was going on about how the Dragonborn wasn't so great, that there were some things that even SHE would not be willing, nor able to do. On a whim, you said you'd take anything he'd throw at you and bet him you'd make him swallow his words. Who knew the actual thing was so degrading, but it's too late to back down ...

- You meet a rich-looking girl awkwardly begging in the streets. You ask her what's wrong, to which she answers her family is heavily in dept and her family will be forced out of her house if she doesn't find a way to help. She heard of a certain race that pays surprisingly well, but, living the sheltered life she had, she doesn't have the strength and stamina to do it. But you, strong adventurer, should be able ... right?

There are many ways to exploit the meaning of consent :D

Those are some good points :)

OK, new version is up.

This is a non-DA version. You'll get a note. Fr testing purposes this arrives pretty quickly. I'll make it a little slower to arrive in later versions.

Should be considered alpha at the moment (when is it not?)

The imagespacemod blackout is borked for some reason I can't get my head around tonight. Maybe tomorrow i'll have more luck.

Now, I'm for my bed. Later all :)

Did work fine, at least the path I took. Also I do like this version a lot more than the DA version. Any mod that tries to prevent dying in any way, seems to cause some issues with something every now and then, so I try to stay away from them. :P

Sulking.

Had the conversation and arrived at the starting point.  Restrained but no tattoo.  No note, conversation quest completed though.  Ran to the same finishing point as before but no note on the chest and cage locked.  Does this clash with anything as far as anyone is aware?

:-/

Gave the latest a try 0.2.3 I think

Got the flyer, met the guy.

Quick as you like quest does not start after fade out or picking up first note, there's no pointer to where the gate/cage/chest is. Ran over to where I think it is, pick up the second note on the chest and it starts quest with marker pointing towards the cage.

Also no tattoo, using the latest version of slavetats, 1.0.0

sleep, unlock cage, and get stuff back with no issue however.

You really did went all out with the dialog too bad they don't lead to many different path...yet ;)

Not sure if bug or not, near the end of the dialog tree path after asking the guy for as much info as possible, but before the will confirm to do it part there's a point where if I click through the dialog it'll still play the "listen until drug take effect" goodbye dialog. But if I wait for the dialog to end itself the last dialog option shows up. I think it's after the dialog that is something along the line of "things that I'll do for septim..."

Sulking.

Had the conversation and arrived at the starting point.  Restrained but no tattoo.  No note, conversation quest completed though.  Ran to the same finishing point as before but no note on the chest and cage locked.  Does this clash with anything as far as anyone is aware?

It's probably not compatible with the latest Slavetats. I was that busy thinking about dialogue I completely forgot there was a new version. And this after I got a beter release to test as well... I'll sort that out tonight.

As for the rest - does it happen on a clean save/new char?

Quick as you like quest does not start after fade out or picking up first note, there's no pointer to where the gate/cage/chest is. Ran over to where I think it is, pick up the second note on the chest and it starts quest with marker pointing towards the cage.

Also no tattoo, using the latest version of slavetats, 1.0.0

sleep, unlock cage, and get stuff back with no issue however.

You really did went all out with the dialog too bad they don't lead to many different path...yet ;)

I fugured if I waited until I had everything in place, I'd never update :)

Not sure if bug or not, near the end of the dialog tree path after asking the guy for as much info as possible, but before the will confirm to do it part there's a point where if I click through the dialog it'll still play the "listen until drug take effect" goodbye dialog. But if I wait for the dialog to end itself the last dialog option shows up. I think it's after the dialog that is something along the line of "things that I'll do for septim..."

Interesting. That line is a walk-away in case the player tries to abort after taking a drink. Ah, I know what happened. Should be fixed in the next release. Which given that I messed up on slavetats will probably be tonight ;)

Out of curiosity... did anyone try this with a character who had speechcraft >= 40?

Did a quick chat with him with a speech 100 character

The only extra is the switching mug dialog right?

Which ends in a similar way as original anyways right? :P

I didn't run the quest this time.

Also bumming through TES5Edit I notice there's a dialog path regarding companion/follower, is that actually in?

Did you get the "it's not fair..." Branch at the end?

Follower branch ought to be - he won't talk business until you send whoever home again. It worked when I tested it, but it might have broken with last nights changes

Yes the not fair dialog shows up after a short fade to black then clear up again.

Also if you switch the mug there are times you can tab out from conversation and no goodbye dialog will play and you can go around as normal. Nothing too big.

If player is quick enough it seems like it is possible to talk to the guy again and the game won't proceed to the race starting line, and the conversation will pick up from what's the proposal with or without switching the mug...that actually helped with testing to see all the dialog options :lol:

I don't know what you have in mind with the dialog tree's outcome, but it seems like it can get kind of crazy with a lot of missable content.

And I have never seen the follower dialog play even though I always have follower with me. Using a custom follower with AFT. Probably don't need to worry about them too much tho, they don't really interfere with the quest so far. Unless you want to put them in the race too  :P

I have just had a spectacularly evil idea regarding those tattoos.

It should go a long way towards solving the problem of repeat engagements as well :D

Here's a hint :)

-snip-

Translated from Daedric:

Only when naked - Only when mastered

(in ring around centre)

Only when caged

(in centre)

Shall I slave (shall I, slave,  ?) know release

(bottom)

Sulking.

It's probably not compatible with the latest Slavetats. I was that busy thinking about dialogue I completely forgot there was a new version. And this after I got a beter release to test as well... I'll sort that out tonight.

As for the rest - does it happen on a clean save/new char?

That was the key, clean save, am a silly arse for not doing that first.  Quest works fine now, other than the tattoo, which wasn't a problem until you showed your lovely new designs!  Do they need to be a custom add-on pack for new Slavetats to get them to work?  (I'm not whinging or pressuring about this, BTW, thanks for your work on this mod)

I like your dialogue tree, I tried it from one extreme to the other before actually doing the trip.

Loving your evil mind. 

Speaking of evil, have you thought of spawning a draugr near (but not right next to so technically avoidable) either the start or end point for all we lovers of Deviously Helpless?