I'm testing the Alpha now. I punched brutus, and he ran like a little girl. He should fight back, and there should be a bounty added for attacking him.

Thx for feedback. I'll change his behaviour and add him to (probably Whiterun guard) faction to enable the aggro bounty.

Wait, "Get part", as in profit from the slave trade, or "Take part" as in become a slave yourself? 

What does the new quest do?

You become a slave yourself.

I confirm that. My formulation in the mod description is little ambiguous, I'll change it. 

With a new character I find that every time I enter Whiterun I'm on a timer till the game freezes. Sometimes I can get enslaved before that happens, but I never have enough time to run to Zaid. 

With an old character, I got as far as Zaid and got inspected by him.... only I found my character unresponsive afterwards, even if I used "enableplayercontrols". Now however my Skyrim crashes whenever I go to load a game whilst I have Slaverun running. :P

What I did experience of the new Quest is very promising though... :)

It must be some kind of conflict. The scripts I use are very simple. There is no 'overtaking' user AI or any such stuff. Just removing items, sexlab sex, quest scripting.

I had a sudden unexpected CTD in whiterun as well. So I fred up Wrye Bash and did a scan for UDRs. This baby has 35 of them - all CTDs waiting to happen. I'm going to clean it up and see if that helps.

Are URDs undeleted records?

Almost. UDRs are deleted records. The UDR term comes from TES5Edit and co, where it stands for "Undelete and Disable Reference" which is the procedure it uses to solve the problem - by reversing the deletion and then disabling the reference.

The reason this is important is that if something else in the game refers to the deleted object - BANG - instant CTD. And it seems that the most unexpected objects can be referenced in this way. You'd think that zapping an inconvenient tree or rock in the wilderness would be safe enough, but that turns out not to be the case. In some cases all it needs is for another modder to have accidentally clicked on the model in question. (Which is one reason why ITMs are also a bad thing, but that's another topic).

Anyway, best practice is to always disable objects rather than delete them, Or to drag them beneath ground level where they can't be seen. Or both. And it's definitely worth cleaning the little sods out of your mods. I'll make a real difference to game stability.

Well, cleaning the ESPs helped, but the city is still laggy as hell and prone to infinite loading screens. Meanwhile, some things that might help a lot:

1) get rid of all the slave boots, or at least use non HDR versions. All that physics comes at a price, and while it's not so bad if it's just the PC, a lot of NPCs with custom HDR can kill the game

2) Less stuff in general. Vanilla Whiterun has a ton of meshes and is prone to sudden FPS drops as it is. All those cages, crosses, devices an so forth all add to the overhead. I think if this is ever going to be widely playable, it's going to need to find ways to do more with less.

I know, know, beta software in heavy development. I really do like the mod, and really appreciate the direction it's going in. I'll be watching with interest.

1) I'm now pretty convinced to remove the HDT requirements/items. Yesterday I was struggling to remove all dependencies using CK and TESVedit, however with little luck. The mod became 100% CDT every time I tried some way to remove the dependencies.

2) That is a core of this mod which I would hate to restrict in any way.. I'm more thinking about releasing purely 'noscript' version without scripted quests and full version with 'slavery' quests (as is 20140604 Alpha).

Could you point me to some article or guide how to clean the ESP for all those UDR errors you mentioned? I'll try to find some on my own in the meantime. Edit: Never mind, I did some search and already found it.

so how far does the new enslavement quest work ?

You get a report-to-master task, a spot of rape, a fetch-and-carry mission and a raise-300-gold-by-any-means-necessary one. Then it says "what next" with the answer being apparently "nothing for now".

There didn't seem to be any particular coercion on the PC apart from confiscating all her stuff. No penalties for disobedience that I notices, no opportunities for backchat and punishment beyond the initial enslavement.You do get an opportunity to say "what did you say" to the guys which results in some forced sex.

All in all a decent start. Obviously a lot of stuff still WIP, but looking good if it can just get past the performance and stability issues.

Some kind of punishment is definitely planned. I'll have to come up with some way to script that, first.

I have done about 12hrs additional testing, real time. Yes, up most of the night. What I found is that my conflict theory was incorrect. Found nothing to support it. Out of frustration and a lot of stubborn I'mcontinuing to test. I cleaned up some old hdt files and am working on the hdt instability angle. It may be that the ctds I'm experiencing may be related to my mod setup. Might be just a little obsessive lol but I WILL MAKE THIS WORK. hehe famous last words. :D  Also don't Know If it wiill happen, but would like the ability to buy and or sell slaves?

Player buying/selling slaves is much more complex thing than what I aim for. This mod is intended to give more 'immersion' and 'story depth' to other 'more like framework' mods. I'd gladly recommend you S3 mod which would give you what you seek. S3 was always quite working for me, even though the mod is currently unmaintained and old. Sexlab Submit has a slavery-like options too.

BTW, thx to all of you guys who spend your time to test it and provide feedback!

But this then.. "slaverun 20140605 noHDT Alpha FaceGen data"  what it is ? :)

I'm getting the same "after inspection frozen character" bug. I think it has something to do with how your mod handles the player's loss of control at certain points and the fact that the after inspection dialogue box keeps popping up at the beginning of the inspection, but disappears a second later. Presumably, control is returned once the player goes through the dialogue, but since it pops up early and disappears, there's no way to get control back. If this is a unique issue to me and that one other guy (which it sounds like it is) I have no idea what's causing it, I'll take a look in a while.

For me the mods looking good so far, though I hope there'll be an good chunk of content more in the future because I do feel it still lacks currently(Though it is in Alpha state so). Had a bit of an issue where none of the mod characters could be interacted with but that was fixed by me leaving Whiterun and then going right back in. So nothing to worry about there. I haven't explored too much into the other options but when I initially stated the whatever the they will not enslave me option to Brutus, no interactions where made with the guards despite trying to interact with them("Wait, I know you", attempted interact, nothing). 

This is what LOOT is showing me.

slaverun.esp

CRC: 2DD06A7
  • Error: This plugin requires "SlaveHeelsForHDTHighheelSystem.esp" to be installed, but it is missing.

slaverunVanillaNPCEnslaved.esp

CRC: 4B3F1AD5
  • Error: This plugin requires "SlaveHeelsForHDTHighheelSystem.esp" to be installed, but it is missing.

I installed the latest updates for each.

Hey, Doc, did you update the cell(s)? Also, what do you mean by "reloaded?" I'm having the same problem.

Purely for the record: tested with a new char a Mod Organizer profile that had never had Slaverun installed. So a completely clean test.

When no one would talk to me, I saved, quit restarted the game and loaded the save.

Edit: Never mind, I tend to over think things.

Yeah, I know the feeling :)

@pchs: there might be some benefit to just using Devious Devices. They've got slave heels as standard, and a host of other goodies as well. Although I'm still dubious about the impact of having so many instances active at once.

For enabling the dialogue, the dialogue quest must first started. I do that by script, but even when the quest is started via the script, dialogue is still missing. Entering/leaving a cell then enables the dialogue. Or you can quicksave/quickload, that works too.

I installed Devious Devices yesterday with this mod and others.  I'm having a hard time finding exactly where Zeid the Slave Buyer is coming from.  I'm having an issue with this NPC where the game doesn't literally freeze up, but after a scene with this NPC my controls are not usable.  I have to restart my computer in order to continue, but keep getting stuck at this part.  Anyone know anything about this issue or can point me in the right direction?

edit: Seems this issue is from this mod and a common problem.  I did use TES5Edit to see if cleaning things up a bit would help the issue.  I did notice that I got a different dialog option with "sob" as the start of the sentence.  It seems two quests were finished and the "inspection" was skipped, but another scene was started/finished and right back to the last issue with my character stuck and no controls being able to work properly.  Only thing on my keyboard that worked is the ~ key.  Can't do much with that.  I did try once to key coc whiterun and ended up on the bridge outside Whiterun, but still the character does nothing and back to resetting computer.

Hopefully there will be a fix because this mod  seems really cool.  Thanks.

Hi pchs I have just downloaded and installed 20140605noHDTalpha and want to say I am really impressed , the only problem I had is what is already reported where your told to strip and when you refuse the guards don't do anything, apart from that my character was enslaved and every thing else went well all the way till after you get the gold and there is nothing left to do  , that I believe to be as far as you have got in developing the mod. I just want to say thank you for this mod I also liked the dialogue with zaid  here is a screenshot of her

post-115192-0-38439000-1402067010_thumb.jpg

Yep, on the new noHDT version of the game, I can play the game again, but I'm still having the same issue with losing control of my character after the inspection and rape. 

This is what LOOT is showing me.

slaverun.esp

CRC: 2DD06A7

slaverunVanillaNPCEnslaved.esp

CRC: 4B3F1AD5

I installed the latest updates for each.

I have the same problem with the New Alpha No HDT, without the SlaveHeelsForHDTHighheelSystem, Skyrim will not start! back to desktop.. why ? :(

In slaverun the outfits SlaveOutfitServant and SlaveOutfitServantCommon still contain the heels.

In slaverunVanilla... the outfit SlaverunOutfitEnslavedVanillaNPC still contains the heels.

Guess these still need to be removed to make it nonHTD and to be able to remove the dependencies.

When you lose control of your PC, try opening the console and typing enableplayercontrols.

I have never worked, the only keys that do not work for me, when an animation ends with TFC active, only the keys to attack and laciare spells do not work for me

when dgito "enableplayercontrols" enter.. nothing changes! :-/

the only way to fix it is to go back to the desktop :(

/enableplayercontrols makes no difference in this instance. 

However, with a fresh character I no longer encounter this loss of control. 

Turning off auto-tfc for sexlab is what fixed it for me.

is off the Auto-TFC, but but I use it anyway manually, sometimes ends the last stage before I remember to turn off the TFC = attack commands no longer answer until you return to the desktop.. :(

SexLab and any related mods without using TFC, it's like looking but not seeing, little or nothing! :-/

Just a quick fyi, in some cases I think the loss of control or not being able to interact is the same problem that happens to me occasionally...  there is an open dialog when the Sexlab animation starts, which hides the open box but Skyrim thinks you're still inputting to it.  I have a tendency now to start hitting ESC to abort anything open when a scene starts, but it's a pain.

For Zaid as soon as he starts his 'initiation' it seems to pop up the dialog of "What have you determined master?" which is probably the problem.  I was able to get past it by doing the ESC trick.

Another thing is that a Lover's Victim brawl will also reset an open dialog.

But it would be so much easier if someone could pop together a quick addon to bind a key for a dialog message.  Something to take over the dialog system, break anything existing, and start a new one with a "Dialogue Reset" message or something.  I'm just not a coder.  :\

Tried it and got arrested for refusing the dude at the entrance to whiterun, PO worked fine other than it occasionally choose the slave NPC's attached to crosses etc for use in the animations with my PC in the pillory.

It didn't crash but the animations themselves didn't play and the NPC's didn't move back to there default locations

2014_06_07_00004.jpg

Also they are effected by the crowd mode in PO as well (prolly same problem as with the spectator mod)

had all the ones from around the well get up, these did return to there default locations tho

2014_06_07_00002.jpg

Seems it will also let you talk to the dude at the entrance multiple times but when i did the second time and used the submissive dialogue i got directed to Zaid (had quest entry for him but no mark) but couldn't actually find him, where abouts does he hide? or should he have spawned at the PC's location?

Zaid is up the first set of stairs. Across from the slave gear merchant near the cages with a desk.

Played around with this a little. Brutus dialog seems to be repeatable until you pick second choice. With PO nothing happens after arrest and release, can talk to Brutus again and do everything all over again. Might be working as it should, just observation.

The mod also does not work unless it is from a new game, from what I have tested it seems. With Live another Life it might not even work if you pick to start in house in Whiterun, have to pick another start.

/enableplayercontrols makes no difference in this instance. 

However, with a fresh character I no longer encounter this loss of control. 

Turning off auto-tfc for sexlab is what fixed it for me.

Started a new character and turned off auto cam and the mod works smoothly now.  Thank you.

@pinky6225

You can set the marker in your quest log to get the exact location so you're not wandering aimlessly.

Need help:  I haven't seen anything on how to gain back your items.  I've gotten to the "What Next" part, but my character doesn't have full functionality nor my items I had before meeting Brutus.  Can anyone hook me up with some direction?  Spoiler magic style?  Please. :)

edit: After logging off a few times and a few more nights rest I got the function of using my hands again and being able to jump as well.  A little tricky, but I made it. ^^