First and foremost I would like to say that I like this mod very much. Now the zinger, I tried all different combinations of mod and I cannot stop random ctds from occurring. I have no problem the slave girls mod or other similar mods and would like very much for it to work for me. I have no skill in modding but have gained some skill and experience in troubleshooting. My instincts tell me that my problem may be with the dependencies such as the heels and not the primary mod. Normally with a new mod I expect things like random ctds or glitches, unfortunately they happen too frequently for me to run and test this mod properly. Lastly there is no excuse for rude behavior and criticism should be constructive as much as possible.

I did some more troubleshooting and found two possibles that might not be working well with slaverun. They are puppetmaster and sexlab hormones. Right now my money is on puppetmaster. I'll do some more testing and let you know. After disabling those 2 mods I had no ctds in over 30minutes of play inside whiterun itself. That's a good thing.

With a new character I find that every time I enter Whiterun I'm on a timer till the game freezes. Sometimes I can get enslaved before that happens, but I never have enough time to run to Zaid. 

With an old character, I got as far as Zaid and got inspected by him.... only I found my character unresponsive afterwards, even if I used "enableplayercontrols". Now however my Skyrim crashes whenever I go to load a game whilst I have Slaverun running. :P

What I did experience of the new Quest is very promising though... :)

Well, cleaning the ESPs helped, but the city is still laggy as hell and prone to infinite loading screens. Meanwhile, some things that might help a lot:

1) get rid of all the slave boots, or at least use non HDR versions. All that physics comes at a price, and while it's not so bad if it's just the PC, a lot of NPCs with custom HDR can kill the game

2) Less stuff in general. Vanilla Whiterun has a ton of meshes and is prone to sudden FPS drops as it is. All those cages, crosses, devices an so forth all add to the overhead. I think if this is ever going to be widely playable, it's going to need to find ways to do more with less.

I know, know, beta software in heavy development. I really do like the mod, and really appreciate the direction it's going in. I'll be watching with interest.

Guest ruger392

Well, cleaning the ESPs helped, but the city is still laggy as hell and prone to infinite loading screens. Meanwhile, some things that might help a lot: 1) get rid of all the slave boots, or at least use non HDR versions. All that physics comes at a price, and while it's not so bad if it's just the PC, a lot of NPCs with custom HDR can kill the game 2) Less stuff in general. Vanilla Whiterun has a ton of meshes and is prone to sudden FPS drops as it is. All those cages, crosses, devices an so forth all add to the overhead. I think if this is ever going to be widely playable, it's going to need to find ways to do more with less. I know, know, beta software in heavy development. I really do like the mod, and really appreciate the direction it's going in. I'll be watching with interest.

I'd go with this, but keep a version with all the additions currently included updated if possible. Personally, I have no trouble running Skyrim like this and I quite like the way there's really no white space to speak of - everywhere you turn there's something.

Well, cleaning the ESPs helped, but the city is still laggy as hell and prone to infinite loading screens. Meanwhile, some things that might help a lot: 1) get rid of all the slave boots, or at least use non HDR versions. All that physics comes at a price, and while it's not so bad if it's just the PC, a lot of NPCs with custom HDR can kill the game 2) Less stuff in general. Vanilla Whiterun has a ton of meshes and is prone to sudden FPS drops as it is. All those cages, crosses, devices an so forth all add to the overhead. I think if this is ever going to be widely playable, it's going to need to find ways to do more with less. I know, know, beta software in heavy development. I really do like the mod, and really appreciate the direction it's going in. I'll be watching with interest.

With the last beta release I had an incident that ruined all of my saves; upon entering Whiterun, the game autosaved, and crashed. When I tried to load that save it had been named HDT Physics Ext...

I have been convinced that HDT needs to be removed from my mod list, with the exception of the high heels mod; that can stay.

I did some more troubleshooting and found two possibles that might not be working well with slaverun. They are puppetmaster and sexlab hormones. Right now my money is on puppetmaster. I'll do some more testing and let you know. After disabling those 2 mods I had no ctds in over 30minutes of play inside whiterun itself. That's a good thing.

I've been running Puppetmaster 1.7 since before I started using Slaverun, and had no issues. 

I had a sudden unexpected CTD in whiterun as well. So I fred up Wrye Bash and did a scan for UDRs. This baby has 35 of them - all CTDs waiting to happen. I'm going to clean it up and see if that helps.

Are URDs undeleted records?

Almost. UDRs are deleted records. The UDR term comes from TES5Edit and co, where it stands for "Undelete and Disable Reference" which is the procedure it uses to solve the problem - by reversing the deletion and then disabling the reference.

The reason this is important is that if something else in the game refers to the deleted object - BANG - instant CTD. And it seems that the most unexpected objects can be referenced in this way. You'd think that zapping an inconvenient tree or rock in the wilderness would be safe enough, but that turns out not to be the case. In some cases all it needs is for another modder to have accidentally clicked on the model in question. (Which is one reason why ITMs are also a bad thing, but that's another topic).

Anyway, best practice is to always disable objects rather than delete them, Or to drag them beneath ground level where they can't be seen. Or both. And it's definitely worth cleaning the little sods out of your mods. I'll make a real difference to game stability.

I had a sudden unexpected CTD in whiterun as well. So I fred up Wrye Bash and did a scan for UDRs. This baby has 35 of them - all CTDs waiting to happen. I'm going to clean it up and see if that helps.

Almost. UDRs are deleted records. The UDR term comes from TES5Edit and co, where it stands for "Undelete and Disable Reference" which is the procedure it uses to solve the problem - by reversing the deletion and then disabling the reference.

The reason this is important is that if something else in the game refers to the deleted object - BANG - instant CTD. And it seems that the most unexpected objects can be referenced in this way. You'd think that zapping an inconvenient tree or rock in the wilderness would be safe enough, but that turns out not to be the case. In some cases all it needs is for another modder to have accidentally clicked on the model in question. (Which is one reason why ITMs are also a bad thing, but that's another topic).

Anyway, best practice is to always disable objects rather than delete them, Or to drag them beneath ground level where they can't be seen. Or both. And it's definitely worth cleaning the little sods out of your mods. I'll make a real difference to game stability.

Very nice. Thanks.

so how far does the new enslavement quest work ?

You get a report-to-master task, a spot of rape, a fetch-and-carry mission and a raise-300-gold-by-any-means-necessary one. Then it says "what next" with the answer being apparently "nothing for now".

There didn't seem to be any particular coercion on the PC apart from confiscating all her stuff. No penalties for disobedience that I notices, no opportunities for backchat and punishment beyond the initial enslavement.You do get an opportunity to say "what did you say" to the guys which results in some forced sex.

All in all a decent start. Obviously a lot of stuff still WIP, but looking good if it can just get past the performance and stability issues.

I have done about 12hrs additional testing, real time. Yes, up most of the night. What I found is that my conflict theory was incorrect. Found nothing to support it. Out of frustration and a lot of stubborn I'mcontinuing to test. I cleaned up some old hdt files and am working on the hdt instability angle. It may be that the ctds I'm experiencing may be related to my mod setup. Might be just a little obsessive lol but I WILL MAKE THIS WORK. hehe famous last words. :D  Also don't Know If it wiill happen, but would like the ability to buy and or sell slaves?

I'm testing the Alpha now. I punched brutus, and he ran like a little girl. He should fight back, and there should be a bounty added for attacking him.

Thx for feedback. I'll change his behaviour and add him to (probably Whiterun guard) faction to enable the aggro bounty.

Wait, "Get part", as in profit from the slave trade, or "Take part" as in become a slave yourself? 

What does the new quest do?

You become a slave yourself.

I confirm that. My formulation in the mod description is little ambiguous, I'll change it. 

With a new character I find that every time I enter Whiterun I'm on a timer till the game freezes. Sometimes I can get enslaved before that happens, but I never have enough time to run to Zaid. 

With an old character, I got as far as Zaid and got inspected by him.... only I found my character unresponsive afterwards, even if I used "enableplayercontrols". Now however my Skyrim crashes whenever I go to load a game whilst I have Slaverun running. :P

It must be some kind of conflict. The scripts I use are very simple. There is no 'overtaking' user AI or any such stuff. Just removing items, sexlab sex, quest scripting.

Well, cleaning the ESPs helped, but the city is still laggy as hell and prone to infinite loading screens. Meanwhile, some things that might help a lot:

1) get rid of all the slave boots, or at least use non HDR versions. All that physics comes at a price, and while it's not so bad if it's just the PC, a lot of NPCs with custom HDR can kill the game

2) Less stuff in general. Vanilla Whiterun has a ton of meshes and is prone to sudden FPS drops as it is. All those cages, crosses, devices an so forth all add to the overhead. I think if this is ever going to be widely playable, it's going to need to find ways to do more with less.

I know, know, beta software in heavy development. I really do like the mod, and really appreciate the direction it's going in. I'll be watching with interest.

1) I'm now pretty convinced to remove the HDT requirements/items. Yesterday I was struggling to remove all dependencies using CK and TESVedit, however with little luck. The mod became 100% CDT every time I tried some way to remove the dependencies.

2) That is a core of this mod which I would hate to restrict in any way.. I'm more thinking about releasing purely 'noscript' version without scripted quests and full version with 'slavery' quests (as is 20140604 Alpha).

Could you point me to some article or guide how to clean the ESP for all those UDR errors you mentioned? I'll try to find some on my own in the meantime. Edit: Never mind, I did some search and already found it.

You get a report-to-master task, a spot of rape, a fetch-and-carry mission and a raise-300-gold-by-any-means-necessary one. Then it says "what next" with the answer being apparently "nothing for now".

There didn't seem to be any particular coercion on the PC apart from confiscating all her stuff. No penalties for disobedience that I notices, no opportunities for backchat and punishment beyond the initial enslavement.You do get an opportunity to say "what did you say" to the guys which results in some forced sex.

All in all a decent start. Obviously a lot of stuff still WIP, but looking good if it can just get past the performance and stability issues.

Some kind of punishment is definitely planned. I'll have to come up with some way to script that, first.

I have done about 12hrs additional testing, real time. Yes, up most of the night. What I found is that my conflict theory was incorrect. Found nothing to support it. Out of frustration and a lot of stubborn I'mcontinuing to test. I cleaned up some old hdt files and am working on the hdt instability angle. It may be that the ctds I'm experiencing may be related to my mod setup. Might be just a little obsessive lol but I WILL MAKE THIS WORK. hehe famous last words. :D  Also don't Know If it wiill happen, but would like the ability to buy and or sell slaves?

Player buying/selling slaves is much more complex thing than what I aim for. This mod is intended to give more 'immersion' and 'story depth' to other 'more like framework' mods. I'd gladly recommend you S3 mod which would give you what you seek. S3 was always quite working for me, even though the mod is currently unmaintained and old. Sexlab Submit has a slavery-like options too.

BTW, thx to all of you guys who spend your time to test it and provide feedback!

1) I'm now pretty convinced to remove the HDT requirements/items. Yesterday I was struggling to remove all dependencies using CK and TESVedit, however with little luck. The mod became 100% CDT every time I tried some way to remove the dependencies.

2) That is a core of this mod which I would hate to restrict in any way.. I'm more thinking about releasing purely 'noscript' version without scripted quests and full version with 'slavery' quests (as is 20140604 Alpha).

Losing the HDR stuff would probably help a lot. There's an experimental mod on LL somewhere that adds HDR physics to Cloaks of Skyrim. Worked just fine until I visied Solitude and then my FPS drops to single figures. All those guards wearing cloaks. I got rid of the HRD cloaks and my FPS bounces right back.

Could you point me to some article or guide how to clean the ESP for all those UDR errors you mentioned? I'll try to find some on my own in the meantime. Edit: Never mind, I did some search and already found it.

Sure. There's a page on creationkit.com: http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Cleaning_Guide_-_TES5Edit

And there are video guides if you prefer:

In your case, I'd suggest quitting the CK, backing up the slaverun esps, cleaning them and then reloading in the CK. If all goes well, there will be no difference except that stuff that was missing on account of you deleting it will now be missing on account of being disabled.

[edit]

Hmmp. I didn't expect it to embed the video link like that. Oh well, whatever works I suppose...

I'm testing the Alpha now. I punched brutus, and he ran like a little girl. He should fight back, and there should be a bounty added for attacking him.

Thx for feedback. I'll change his behaviour and add him to (probably Whiterun guard) faction to enable the aggro bounty.

Wait, "Get part", as in profit from the slave trade, or "Take part" as in become a slave yourself? 

What does the new quest do?

You become a slave yourself.

I confirm that. My formulation in the mod description is little ambiguous, I'll change it. 

It must be some kind of conflict. The scripts I use are very simple. There is no 'overtaking' user AI or any such stuff. Just removing items, sexlab sex, quest scripting.

Some kind of punishment is definitely planned. I'll have to come up with some way to script that, first.

Player buying/selling slaves is much more complex thing than what I aim for. This mod is intended to give more 'immersion' and 'story depth' to other 'more like framework' mods. I'd gladly recommend you S3 mod which would give you what you seek. S3 was always quite working for me, even though the mod is currently unmaintained and old. Sexlab Submit has a slavery-like options too.

BTW, thx to all of you guys who spend your time to test it and provide feedback!

Doc's pretty much covered the UDRs.

My suggestion for the HDT dependency is to delete the slave shoes using Tes5edit from the outfits or wherever you've added them to the NPCs. Again in Tes5edit, right click your esp and select clean masters. When the cleaning is done (hard to tell when, I expand and collapse the esp until I see some bold text), expand the esp listing and click on the file header entry. If HDT is gone, you're done. If not, go look for some more heels somewhere.

Do not just delete the master listing in that file header, it will certainly break your esp.

And it's probably a good idea to do the cleaning described in the video again. It's a good idea to run that regularly on esps you're editing.

Thx, it seems I did it. There was an issue with cleaning masters: if you ESPify an esp (to emulate it as an ESM - to enable it as a master), in that case TESVedit does not remove this dependency but only removes all regular ESMs. However after cleaning the ESM masters in TESVedit, it seems that removing the remaining ESP master in CK is safe.

I'll upload new version shortly. It'll be just cleaned esp for UDRs and other unused stuff I have noticed. Edit: And of course without HDT stuff.

Just tried the new no_HDT version. I haven't had time to look closely at it, but the enslaved vanilla NPCs at least are still wearing HDT heels.

The other thing I noticed: the custom dialogue has all disappeared. Slaves and slavers alike just have the default options.

[edit]

Reloaded and I got the enslavement dialog. I gave him the "tremble puny mortal" option and escaped being enslaved, but then the game hung on me.

Just tried the new no_HDT version. I haven't had time to look closely at it, but the enslaved vanilla NPCs at least are still wearing HDT heels.

The other thing I noticed: the custom dialogue has all disappeared. Slaves and slavers alike just have the default options.

[edit]

Reloaded and I got the enslavement dialog. I gave him the "tremble puny mortal" option and escaped being enslaved, but then the game hung on me.

Hey, Doc, did you update the cell(s)? Also, what do you mean by "reloaded?" I'm having the same problem.

Edit: Never mind, I tend to over think things.