Okay, another pretty big problem with the mod.

When you enter Whiterun, if you get enslaved, pretty soon you have to go service the Jarl.  But that kicks off the main questline, and if you go try and kill the dragon. . . well, you're bound in your slave cuffs and can't equip a weapon.

There really needs to be better ways to get this to run other than starting up right away with a new game.  Great concept, I'm really enjoying it, but there some rather sizable issues still to be worked out.

EDIT:  If the shackles are "bugged," that is, not showing your character with her arms pinned behind her back, then you CAN equip a weapon, but you still can't draw it, so you can't fight the dragon.

I also noticed a bad interaction with Prison Overhaul.  When you're enslaved and surrender to the guards, they strip you to take you to prison, but then you're not wearing your shackles, and they try and kill you for breaking the law.

Part of me wants to object and point out that Riften, as the wretched hive of scum and villiany in Skyrim, would be a better choice for a slave market. But then the rest of me says, 'Shut up.' Very interesting looking.

I agree,,, for a while now I been saying prostitution, drug trade, bdsm... all should be centre'd in Riften culturally as all the lore, thieves guild, seedy politics - lawbringer's blinder's, black-briar power, all lead to Riften's seedy past and current population.

Whiterun is the pillar/key hold to the Skyrim both of the main quest lines ... interweaves the civil-war turning point, the dragonborn's realization they are dragonborn and capture of a dragon to move the story along... Then we have the Jarl Bulfgruff who is the most grounded, wise, just and insightful of all Jarls in personality and within the game, H'ed be a better high-king than either Ulfric or Elisif if were to be.  Seems strange to walk into whitrun and have this going on, where it would not seem out of place in the Rift. 

He's going to have a heck of a time getting around all the kick-off quests in dragonreach... i.e. the dragonstone from the barrow, the west tower, etc... some of those are nearly auto-assigned and hard to by-pass in ignoring the dialogs on player's behalf.

Anyway, I dl'd the latest of this mod and of course need to back it out... due the clothing issues it has. I get enslaved but attacked for wearing shackles. So what do I need to do here? replace the enforcer.esp with the previous? Otherwise I ralk to Zaid and get pounded ... not sexually but by guards.

... after bringing back his beads he puts them on me so the guards attack me for crimes and his aid casts spells, am in restraints so can't even surrender.

all the same... I like the work and really look forward to this mod, but I can;t help but wonder how well it's going to fit and turn out as there are a lot of issues to get by?

When you enter Whiterun, if you get enslaved, pretty soon you have to go service the Jarl.  But that kicks off the main questline, and if you go try and kill the dragon. . . well, you're bound in your slave cuffs and can't equip a weapon.

There really needs to be better ways to get this to run other than starting up right away with a new game.  Great concept, I'm really enjoying it, but there some rather sizable issues still to be worked out.

EDIT:  If the shackles are "bugged," that is, not showing your character with her arms pinned behind her back, then you CAN equip a weapon, but you still can't draw it, so you can't fight the dragon.

I also noticed a bad interaction with Prison Overhaul.  When you're enslaved and surrender to the guards, they strip you to take you to prison, but then you're not wearing your shackles, and they try and kill you for breaking the law.

Starting a new game ... should not be the solution. That limits a mods playability to have to play it in a windowed timeframe.

Is better than I experienced up there... they like to arrest me and march me in a repeating circle through dragonreach and back into the prison ... over and over.

No it doesnt

The vanilla whiterun questline runs...

Dialogue at riverwood saying go tell the jarl

Dialogue at gate saying you need to tell jarl about dragon

Dialogue with jarls housecarl

Dialogue with jarl in which Jarl sends you to his mage

Mage gives quest to go retrieve dragonstone

Bring dragonstone to mage, dragon attack happens

So you can run around to your hearts content in a dragonless world if you don't go and get the dragonstone

Starting a new game ... should not be the solution. That limits a mods playability to have to play it in a windowed timeframe.

Is better than I experienced up there... they like to arrest me and march me in a repeating circle through dragonreach and back into the prison ... over and over.

A lot of mods will run on existing save games dude, due to how skyrim handles savegames and scripts however something that doesn't work on a particular save may work fine on a new game or a different save game.

Trying a new game eliminates savegame script clutter as a reason so its the first step in trouble shooting since if it won't work on a new game then its highly unlikely it will work on a savegame as its more likely to be a installation/actual problem with the mod

I also noticed a bad interaction with Prison Overhaul. When you're enslaved and surrender to the guards, they strip you to take you to prison, but then you're not wearing your shackles, and they try and kill you for breaking the law.

The updated description says that the shackles are being recognized as clothing and to de-activate enforcer until it updates to account for them. Hopefully that fixes this. :)

Problems

1) Debug notes said all male NPCs can't find people to have sex with when there are plenty of women walking around, I use Populated Cities so yeah, plenty of women walking around

2) Whipping cane kills, my char was whipped to death a couple times.

3) Doors at sex dungeons don't close after my char. left.

4) Most NPCs gather around the Slave Market in front of Jorvaskr.

5) Belethor, fix him. He wanders at night & my char. was told to meet him immediately so as you can guess, nothing happened. If my char. gets inside his shop, he'll kick my char. out.

I also noticed a bad interaction with Prison Overhaul. When you're enslaved and surrender to the guards, they strip you to take you to prison, but then you're not wearing your shackles, and they try and kill you for breaking the law.

The updated description says that the shackles are being recognized as clothing and to de-activate enforcer until it updates to account for them. Hopefully that fixes this. :)

Yes, I did that.  The thing is, if I do something else that pisses the guards off and they arrest me, then they remove the shackles, which because I'm a slave I legally must wear, and then attack me for breaking the law again.

No it doesnt

So you can run around to your hearts content in a dragonless world if you don't go and get the dragonstone

But if you do that on your way to Whiterun (which really, why wouldn't you?) then get enslaved when you first enter Whiterun, you're caught in an untenable save.  Which is bad.

Not saying the MOD is bad, or that the MODDER is bad.  This is an excellent starting point, but aren't we supposed to bring up issues that should be looked into and fixed if possible?

I may be just be a bit thick, but is there any way of starting a new game with all the settings put in place on a prior game?

The reason for asking is that I've just set up a whole new profile in MOD Organizer, spent a whole day to get it running with 250 odd mods, started a new game with Alternate Start, then, set up each MCM menu for about 25 or so mods, all with the previous version of this mod in place, exited out uopn the wide open world, ready to start a new set of wanderings, came here to check something else and found this. As you can imagine, I really really don't want to go back and set up all those MCM menus again, just to be able to update things for this :(

I appreciate that this is pretty much a developing mod, but is there any way, please, to avoid future updates being dependent on a 'new game', and at least be able to cope with updating the versions that we have in current game plays? I can pretty much update everything else in my games, but this one is a potential killer :cool:

How to start a new game, cheat edition. From the main menu open the console and ...

coc zbfTestZone
showracemenu
coc WhiterunOrigin
You're now standing in Whiterun in a new game. If things haven't changed since I patched 20140704, then any game is not going to work unless you're lucky with your load order and overall system load (so that Slaverun starts before whatever other quests blocks Jarl Balgruuf).

For me, this mod worked flawlessly on an existing save after my patching. It may or may not for you.

Not sure how much has changed but you used to be able to tell if the mod was working with "sqv SlaverunDialogueQuest01". At the end of the printout, there's a section with aliases. If all of those are none, then the mod isn't working.

If you develop a way to start a new game with all the mods set up and ready to go, you'll be the biggest hero Skyrim has ever seen.
I don't understand? You can select start new game, but then ofc you have to go through Helgen (long and boring). I posted instructions on how to avoid Helgen,... get directly to the race menu and start playing without Helgen.

The main quest is probably "special" after this, but who cares if you're just gonna try out the mod. I don't think it's recommended to stick this mod in a save you want to keep anyway, at this point. Maybe it's just me being conservative. :)

I just use skyrim unbound for that. The biggest hassle in starting a new game is going through each mod in the MCM one by one to set them all up. I'm saying, if you find a way to have that part happen automatically, everyone's lives would be much better.

> xaz

Much appreciate your time and trouble in responding, but I am not experienced enough in the detail of how Skyrim works - or maybe that should be that I am both just too old, and too thick  :shy:  - to understand how what you suggest avoids what jfraser has also said, ie not having to go through all the MCM menus again, once the new game has started, and set them up anew

If what you have suggested does that - and all we are doing is merely lacking faith! - please just say so, and I'll certainly give it a whirl

Wait wait wait. You misunderstood the instruction (or I have written it ambiguously?): You certainly do not need new game (meant installing fresh skyrim and all mods on fresh). You just need a new save, meaning starting a new character from lvl 1 and so. These terms are sometimes confusing..

Ah I see. Forgive my stupidity  :blush:

I didn't want to spoil the game, but if you want it (story spoiler!):

After you run 3 meet'n'fuck tasks for Zaid, he asks you to bring him 5k gold. Afterwards he offers you to be sort of free - to be able to leave whiterun (I know, you can anyway, but..). However he also asks you to meet him every 7 days, pay him 1000 gold and be of service. Otherwise he sets a bounty on your head in every hold.

There is a working 'countdown' mechanism on the bounty. Every visit to Zaid where you pay him 1000 gold and serve him (sexually) resets the timer back to 7 days.

That's the intent - player remains slave, but is 'officially' able to wander Skyrim..

Very nice. Looking forward to trying it out! :)

I really like the idea of being able to play the game normally, but still be a slave.

> windu190

If you do try this on a 'clean save', and it does work OK, can you please be as good as let us know?  :)

No it doesnt

But if you do that on your way to Whiterun (which really, why wouldn't you?) then get enslaved when you first enter Whiterun, you're caught in an untenable save.  Which is bad.

Not saying the MOD is bad, or that the MODDER is bad.  This is an excellent starting point, but aren't we supposed to bring up issues that should be looked into and fixed if possible?

"which really, why wouldn't you?" well to point out the obvious - you've played skyrim so many times you know that will happen (also from a role play perspective you've just been given a urgent mission to go and alert the authorites that dragons have returned (yes dragons!) so should you really be stopping off to go and get some shopkeeps lost item?)

That's a flaw with the vanilla quest itself (which you can avoid by not doing it :) ) in that the stone is lootable in one of the first bandit killing places you can go to regardless of whether you know about the quest or not (i'm guessing beth didn't like the idea about peeps complaining about having to go back to some place they may have already cleared)

So i would think fixing that is beyond the scope of this mod myself and to be fair a mod may already exist to do that (not looked as its never seemed a problem to me)

Another problems

1) My char. put her clothes on inside the city & nothing happened, only a warning message, the guards still act normally.

2) Quest marker updates slowly, the dialogue already told my char. to go to some place else but the marker is still at the NPC. Sometimes the choices don't show up on new NPCs because the markers haven't reached them yet.

My thoughts

"Sorry sir, did you say something" should be changed into something else. Or maybe through time, later on in the questline it should be something else just to show that my char. is more willing now, good chances for story driven quest?

There should be an end quest for permanent slave, sold to some NPCs & do radiant stuff? Like buy things, deliver things then sleep with that master NPC?

How about something for male chars. to enjoy themselves in Whiterun? Male NPCs can enjoy themselves with any slaves he desires but not for male chars? Or even allow male NPCs to buy slaves. Or contact Zaid for special slaves, like order him to get someone specific for your male chars.

Guest Long John

My thoughts

If the PC is male they should be able to buy a female slave (either the one of the ones up for sale or another new one). Plus it may help to have an auction also staying with the same master on the enslaved questline doesn't make it accurate, could help to be sold to another master. Also having the player character chained up and marched off to the master automatically. Nude through the streets in a round about manner.

No it doesnt

"which really, why wouldn't you?" well to point out the obvious - you've played skyrim so many times you know that will happen (also from a role play perspective you've just been given a urgent mission to go and alert the authorites that dragons have returned (yes dragons!) so should you really be stopping off to go and get some shopkeeps lost item?)

That's a flaw with the vanilla quest itself (which you can avoid by not doing it :) ) in that the stone is lootable in one of the first bandit killing places you can go to regardless of whether you know about the quest or not (i'm guessing beth didn't like the idea about peeps complaining about having to go back to some place they may have already cleared)

So i would think fixing that is beyond the scope of this mod myself and to be fair a mod may already exist to do that (not looked as its never seemed a problem to me)

Well, that's pretty much my point.  Why travel all the way to Whiterun, go BACK to Bleak Falls, run the dungeon, get the thing, and then proceed with the main quest, when you snag it on your way?

Another problems

1) My char. put her clothes on inside the city & nothing happened, only a warning message, the guards still act normally.

2) Quest marker updates slowly, the dialogue already told my char. to go to some place else but the marker is still at the NPC. Sometimes the choices don't show up on new NPCs because the markers haven't reached them yet.

My thoughts

"Sorry sr, did you say something" should be changed into something else. Or maybe through time, later on in the questline it should be something else just to show that my char. is more willing now.

1) Did you have "reports player for wearing clothes" checked in the Slaverun Enforced MCM?

2) Yeah, I noticed that too.  Takes awhile to update.

For the dialogue option. . . I thought it was going to be some snarky response that would get my Dragonborn into trouble.  I'd like it if there was more of that rebellious option, so could RP your character slowing accepting, even enjoying, her new role, or keep fighting.

I encountered another problem. Since I installed this mod on a char that has already finished both the main and civil war questline, the problem arises that I chose to be a Stormcloak, which means that Balgruuf is now in Blue Palace basement instead of Slaverun. Would it be possible to check who is the current Jarl and add to him the needed dialogue?

1) Did you have "reports player for wearing clothes" checked in the Slaverun Enforced MCM?

Of course I did. I didn't touch anything so it's already enabled from the start.

That's your problem, then - enforcer hasn't been updated yet, so it views the new version of shackles as clothes. Disable that option for now.

Of course I did. I didn't touch anything so it's already enabled from the start.

That's your problem, then - enforcer hasn't been updated yet, so it views the new version of shackles as clothes. Disable that option for now.

I think he's actually having the opposite problem. . . the "Do not report" dialog box needs to be checked for the shackles to be usable, but with that checked, you can wear anything you like and still not get reported for violating the nudity law.  I actually kind of like it, but I understand the problem.

But yes, until the shackles are updated to not be considered clothes, you have to run with no nudity enforcement.

Tried on a running savegame, i entered whiterun once before but didn't start the slavequest, just followed the nudity law.

Every quest worked as it should. Only problem is that many NPCs get stuck, mainly around the slave market and the wolf pen. This could be a result of the update during the running game though.

The return every 7 days and pay 1000 gold idea is genius, adds pressure in a nice way. I only wonder if 7 days is not too short when you play through dawnguard or dragonborn addons.

Thanks for every update of the mod, keeps getting better and better.

I have just successfully used an existing save after cleaning it with the save scalpel. I am using MO to organize my stuff.

Note: This worked for me, on that save, it may NOT work for others but I wanted to share.

I used a save far outside of Whiterun, at the animal mansion  :angel:

1. disable existing slaverun version (slaverun 20140702 + Enforcer 4)

2. load save and wait until MCM entries are gone

3. save and shut down

4. open save in scalpel from within MO

5. After Analysis was finished I ignored all the warnings and switched to "script data"

6. I flagged the following entries for filter (right-click):

Slaverun ( [script_name] )
 SlaverunCrossPunishment ( [script_name] )
 SlaverunFalmerFuck ( [script_name] )
 SlaverunPeriodicCheck ( [script_name] )
 Slaverun_Fragment02 ( [script_name] )
 QF_SlaverunDialogueQuest01_06011CBE ( [script_name] )
 slaverunmcmmenu ( [script_name] )
 SlaverunMCM ( [script_name] )

7. "Remove Script References"

8. "Remove Instances"

9. "Terminate Active Threads"

I did NOT use "Remove Unattached Instances" - in my experiments with an older version (1.0 instead of 1.0c) this would always reset my SexLab Stats. But that was also with an older version of SexLab so I can't say whether this would still happen or not.

10. Exit the scalpel

11. Load a save game other than the one I just cleaned and then load the cleaned one from there.

=> immediately slaverun kicked in with the notification and quest. Waiting for the two menues to appear, configure as required and off you go.

Without the cleaning I had the problem that while Brutus would make me a slave, Zaid had no quest dialog. Now it seems to work. I haven't worked through the whole mod, just fetched the Beads but so far all looks well.

Maybe someone might find this useful. Again, it may or may not work for you - or even for me on another save.