On 12/8/2017 at 6:14 PM, dborg2 said:

Hello Apolux99,

Seems that SexoutSpunk doesn't detect SexoutPregnancy. Have you enabled SexoutPregnancy and is SexoutPregnancy loaded before SexoutSpunk? Also sometimes in long load orders it takes too much time to find SexoutPregnancy and SexoutSpunk will display this error, a couple of seconds later you will see a message in the top-left saying Sexout Spunk has detected SexoutPregnancy and started.

Now I get it lmao, I have a total of 90 mods installed and I started a new playthrough and it has this error but my older playthroughs don't have it 

I've had some comprehension issues with spunk, as in how does it work and all that. Firstly the perks given in order to guide arousal are, in my understanding, mystical. I don't understand whatever is written in there, neither the titles or the description make sense to me (at all). So when I got stumped when my toon stopped enjoying intercourse, no idea why it happened because nothing tells you or hint you towards what happens. At that time I simply dismissed the perks as random bollock doing nothing, and resolved myself to digging a bit with FNV. To my surprise I discovered that the perks were doing something and somehow their EditorID are a lot more understandable. SpunkPNDoggyDone as "Rear-Ended" or SpunkPPDoggyDone "Lassie-Fashionista" taught me that no, "Rear-Ended" doesn't means my toon likes it in the ass but instead means she hates it doggy style (who would have thought?).

Researching this topic, I confirmed my suspicion that enabling spunk rape handling is a terrible idea: it'll ruin your toon XP and any future intercourse enjoyability. I know rape is bad, but this game is a fantasy in which people are very happy to find an old stimpak (health item) lying around in an old garbage bin, and where chameleon are the size of dinosaurs... I've taken perks thinking it would counter the rape debuff, which I find now ineffective and possibly counter productive. I understand the immersion appeal and the design decision, but I don't really care about the effects so long cows have two heads.

The thing is that I only truly understood how this mod works after turning on debug, getting a log, and going through the troubleshooting steps just to realize that my understanding of this mod was wrong from the start. Your toon gets aroused during intercourse with the help of perks, those perks gains XP as the toon orgasm. But if your toon is being raped, negative perks are added and/or gain XP, which reduce arousal and chance of orgasm. Meaning that if the toon has negative perks from the start of the game, there will be almost no chance to turn things around. I didn't understand that and continued to consume story content, racking up negative perks ones after the others. And as I stated earlier, negative perks do no appear negative at all: the description is just not explicit enough. I didn't realize I did anything wrong until the arousal meter stopped growing, and then I assumed a bug.

I know, after reading the OP, that it is possible to reset the enjoyment tracking and XP. Which I intend to do. I wonder if I can safely get rid of submissive and masochist perks: I don't know what they do nor how they affect intercourse. From what I read, masochists needs to not have full health in order to enjoy things but, in my mind, masochist would raise the enjoyability of rough acts. The health factor is really not what I would think of right away, and at the limit I would expect my toon health to drop down after a rough exchange but I would never expect that I need to initiate the orgy while already being hurt.

Anyhow, sorry for this confused rant. It's as confused as I was during the two dozen hours of play I did with this mod active :). Would it be possible, however, to make the perk less confusing for the less poetic minded individuals in the audience? I would greatly appreciate that.

Perks like Rear-Ended do nothing and only provide flavor. They really only reflect characters' enjoyment/preference of their role in the act, which is data held in nx vars. The issue is that with a very active PC and virginal NPCs, the difference in mutual xp makes it increasingly harder for the PC to orgasm, and failure to orgasm does indeed decrease enjoyment for that act. Add rape trauma on top of that, and yeah...

I once thought about randomizing/seeding xp/enjoy stats for NPCs at the start of an act but decided against it because it'd always feel off to somebody. I think I did leave a way for people to add such data to NPCs themselves via the MCM menu, and hoped they'd take me up on exporting and uploading such profiles for others to import. I don't think anyone ever did.

'Masochist' could've been implemented better, sure, but it was only in a later iteration where I assigned 'roles' for every anim pairing, and I probably forgot to double back and fully integrate that bit.

Either way, both enjoyment tracking in general, and the addition of flavor perks separately, is as toggleable as anything else, so I felt fairly justified in washing my hands off the whole thing. Year in, year out, always something, rewrote everything at least twice, while other projects were winking lasciviously at me. It's under a GPL so if you wanna go change those perk names to something more descriptive, go right ahead.

In messages like theses, I usually to go to the point often forgetting common courtesy which came make me come off as rude or unpleasant. It's not my intent, I'm really focused on the issue I had or continue to have which tends to leave the human factor out (technical problems needs technical solutions, or something). I got frustrated with spunk because of my misunderstanding and of the lack of general information about its inner mechanics, especially within the game. However spunk is still an incredible work and very well made. So Kudos!

3 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Perks like Rear-Ended do nothing and only provide flavor. They really only reflect characters' enjoyment/preference of their role in the act, which is data held in nx vars.
[...]
It's under a GPL so if you wanna go change those perk names to something more descriptive, go right ahead.

Yeah, I do understand why they exists and I appreciate the idea. What I tried to convey was that if the flavor not understandable by the player, then it adds more confusion around as we expect that, in some way, those entries means something. For the life of me, I cannot think of a nice way to present the data. To my mind, it is just data and amusing statistics, and not something that should drive how I experience third party content. The philosophy behind the design of Fallout is that players chose their demons. But spunk is dependent on third party mod to inject content, which may not follow spunk consensual philosophy, or, as noted bellow, doesn't populate their NPC with appropriate data. All of this is silent, of course, which leads the players to believe something, somewhere, broke. Nothing's broken, it's just working as intended.

3 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

The issue is that with a very active PC and virginal NPCs, the difference in mutual xp makes it increasingly harder for the PC to orgasm, and failure to orgasm does indeed decrease enjoyment for that act. Add rape trauma on top of that, and yeah...

[...]

I once thought about randomizing/seeding xp/enjoy stats for NPCs at the start of an act but decided against it because it'd always feel off to somebody. I think I did leave a way for people to add such data to NPCs themselves via the MCM menu, and hoped they'd take me up on exporting and uploading such profiles for others to import. I don't think anyone ever did.

Ah, see, I did not know that. It make sense why my toon couldn't orgasm even though everybody jumped on her as soon as she started a shift in gomorrah. To seed the XP, you would have needed to proceduraly read all enabled ESP, get the id of each NPC candidate and then populate a json/xml/esp file with the random XP. A tool like that exists for skyrim (SkyProc, EDB), and is to my knowledge the no-nonsense way to implement randomization of the world.

Anyhow, the highly advanced MCM editor make sense now. I do not see myself editing random NPC through that interface though. I would prefer to have a list of variables, a list of REFID and a json to inject all the data in the game.

It feels like my toon is cursed to never orgasm ever again.

Now, I toggled off the enjoyment factor but some intercourse (all, so far, from Sexout Breeder) do no raise arousal. If I understand you correctly, it just means that my toon is too experienced to find pleasure? Could it also be a bias introduced by the masochist perk and me toon being at full health? I guess I need to draw another debug log and take a look at the variables.

49 minutes ago, bicobus said:

In messages like theses, I usually to go to the point often forgetting common courtesy which came make me come off as rude or unpleasant.

Don't mention it, I've seen you around the forums enough to understand that you approach these things from your particular background etc. I'm also quite pleased you like it overall - when I started on it in late 2013, I was a mediocre scripter at best, just good enough to add some flavor to my story mod SOFO but little else. For a while Spunk really gave me the opportunity to learn new tricks as NVSE got updated to include arrays and string vars and what not, and trying my hand at a little HUD modding or devising ways of making MCM menus in NV a lot more dynamic. Which has given me confidence in other projects too.

I will admit to a certain disconnect between how my systems are set up, how other mods go about things, and what many people will or will not expect. When I still played I was more interested in meaningful sexual encounters than numerous one-offs, nevermind gang rape. I did leave most things toggleable, but I expect the documentation isn't always up to scratch - several things got tweaked along the way, or added to as part of a bugfix update, and who knows what else went on over the years. The flavor perks were really just a one-off attempt to add a little levity, but then, yeah, you get questions from people being confused, and I go, eh... where to start.

I also think that by the time Spunk got updated to allow users to override things with data of their own, interest in the sexout scene was already quite waning. A lot of my attention in between had to go to things like cum & sperm tracking too, where some peculiar bugs survived for a long time and reports were often sketchy, so hopping from one aspect to another bummed me out. It's often the case with me now that when I've designed the systems and implemented most of them, enough to know it can all work, the project in my mind is actually finished, and I start thinking of other projects I could be doing instead of, you know, testing and fixing and documenting.

When it comes to seeding the data, I didn't consider to ever completely randomize things, because there should be different data for different classes (eg prostitutes), factions, ages, and even some individuals. I also don't think there's gonna be anything like skyproc coming to nv anytime soon. Perhaps though, some of my MCM's functionality can help with part of that. You could add stats for one NPC and export that as a template to see what the various data keys are, and use the lists filters to export lists of NPC IDs according to eg class, faction and what not. Then go to town copy-pasting, and import all that back in. It's the best advice I can offer, NV doesn't read anything like json and what not.

As to your current predicament, perhaps it's best to toggle off xp too, so that all the current data is cleared. If you're thinking of doing shifts as a prostitute, xp will always mess up orgasms for a prostitute PC until the NPCs have seeded XP data of their own. With xp off, you may get way with turning enjoyment back on, though, especially if you have sufficiant act duration and potentially use the relaxing key or whatever it's called (defaults to the 'run' key) during the act. Masochist, in any case, shouldn't punish you for not being in pain. Although, now that I look at the arousal script, there's a chance that it might punish you for something boosting your health over what it'd normally be. Hm, should've thought of that.

18 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

I also don't think there's gonna be anything like skyproc coming to nv anytime soon.

Tried to cook something simple using bethesda-structs, but the structure is way too complex and the library isn't able to read every entries. The author seems to be in a lot of pain when dealing with esps and tends to limit himself to bsa.

18 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

As to your current predicament, perhaps it's best to toggle off xp too, so that all the current data is cleared. If you're thinking of doing shifts as a prostitute, xp will always mess up orgasms for a prostitute PC until the NPCs have seeded XP data of their own. With xp off, you may get way with turning enjoyment back on, though, especially if you have sufficiant act duration and potentially use the relaxing key or whatever it's called (defaults to the 'run' key) during the act. Masochist, in any case, shouldn't punish you for not being in pain. Although, now that I look at the arousal script, there's a chance that it might punish you for something boosting your health over what it'd normally be. Hm, should've thought of that.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Hi all,

Great mod, a must have on any of my playthroughs down the years.

Spunk seems to work perfectly except for the fact I'm only getting a tiny, tiny amount of sperm/swimmers. So small they don't register in the medical scanner or AMS. I can see them using Spunk's own list function in the MCM.

Probably a stuff up my end but any ideas?

SexoutSpunk-Log--2020-8-21-15-54-59.txt

EDIT- I was worrying about nothing... I got preggers.

Good morning and a warm greeting to the mod development team. First of all excuse me if something is not understood since English is not my mother tongue. Second, praise the job well done to implement the mod in New Vegas and Tale of two Wastelands.
Third, ask what the hell is wrong with certain perks. Let me explain, between pause and pause from so much wandering through the Mojave and the Capital Wasteland to "disconnect" from the postnuclear world, I have noticed that the perks related to oral roles; more specifically those of giving instead of receiving, do not earn the positive perk no matter how hard you try. On the other hand, if the possibility of rape is activated, the negative perk always appears if the character is the victim of a rape (obviously). Another thing that has caught my attention is that certain perks fluctuate in terms of level:
In my current game of New Vegas, my character was level 4 Holy Communnion perk (positive missionary sex perk); however, after several consensual encounters the perk decreased to level 2 for no reason. Despite using the Animation Manager to only run missionary animations and altering the Enjoy and XP settings in the Spunk menu, it feels like something is preventing that perk from leveling up.

For some reason strapons have stopped working correctly, when doing the sex with a strapon no cum appears in the medical scanner but sometimes covers the actor(s) in cum, but when a man does the sex with someone then cum appears on the medical scanner properly.

All saves new and old are affected by this even completely new installs are like this and I am trying now to nuke every single file to get it to work but I dont have my hopes up

On 11/3/2020 at 6:26 PM, doopdoo said:

For some reason strapons have stopped working correctly, when doing the sex with a strapon no cum appears in the medical scanner but sometimes covers the actor(s) in cum, but when a man does the sex with someone then cum appears on the medical scanner properly.

All saves new and old are affected by this even completely new installs are like this and I am trying now to nuke every single file to get it to work but I dont have my hopes up

Nuked both the mod installer and Fallout but no dice, cant for the life of me figure out what went wrong

What I find strange is the perks being assigned by the mod itself. They're very contrary to the actions chosen by the PC. I built a little completely submissive anything goes nympho who seeks just about anything - she chose the perks to match her actions, she sought and performed those actions about a thousand times over, Yet, by the perks auto-assigned via the mod from those actions she really despises all and any sexual activity of any kind?  Reads, Damn right schizophrenic and self-loathing. ;)

On 9/20/2020 at 5:57 PM, LordMalicia said:

Good morning and a warm greeting to the mod development team. First of all excuse me if something is not understood since English is not my mother tongue. Second, praise the job well done to implement the mod in New Vegas and Tale of two Wastelands.
Third, ask what the hell is wrong with certain perks. Let me explain, between pause and pause from so much wandering through the Mojave and the Capital Wasteland to "disconnect" from the postnuclear world, I have noticed that the perks related to oral roles; more specifically those of giving instead of receiving, do not earn the positive perk no matter how hard you try. On the other hand, if the possibility of rape is activated, the negative perk always appears if the character is the victim of a rape (obviously). Another thing that has caught my attention is that certain perks fluctuate in terms of level:
In my current game of New Vegas, my character was level 4 Holy Communnion perk (positive missionary sex perk); however, after several consensual encounters the perk decreased to level 2 for no reason. Despite using the Animation Manager to only run missionary animations and altering the Enjoy and XP settings in the Spunk menu, it feels like something is preventing that perk from leveling up.

The more the PC experiences something the less they enjoy it, thus becomes "not" ones preference nor interest at all. It's more of a tiring libido  mimicking a married couple from the honeymoon through first year, tapering off to lack luster point of disinterest in any sexuality followed by a divorce that unfortunately totally ruins any and all future relationships. ;) It suggestively reads of a preference as just a repetitive act which eventually becomes boring - and thus mundane, nor considers nothing mentally nor philological in why there is a preference. Just runs with the more interested you are in something and act upon it,  the less you enjoy it - until it's no longer preferred. Thus reassigns the perks. 

You are correct oral giving refrain from perk assignment as it barely ever is enjoyed by the PC.

One might imagine lust as an equivalent to libido, thus being horny, in the mood and with the right atmosphere the PC may indicate they would  be closer the edge? Experience you may have developed the stamina and insight to prolong the act but knowing what generally gets you off does not work here? ;) . It's backwards - the high preference perk to missionary is nothing but a symbol meaning redundancy in this case,  the PC is entirely bored with the preference and may sooner get off being strapped down naked on a fire-ant mound then pelted with stones. What's disjoint is that lust still rises but nothing actually excites due repetition, experience of enjoyment is not a variable in determining lust gains, but is a reducer, and a preference becomes a non-preference via crossing it's limits and results in indifference.

Frigid, Horndog, Insatiable, Masochist and Nympho are active perks - they affect lust and arousal, and as I said for some reason do not  have any direct effect upon enjoyment of the act (which is somewhat strange, as I said before in reality typically a person who's horny is far more into the act and thus enjoyment of it than one who is not. The Frigid if you chose it may really enjoy every action and the Nympho will not, but also eventually hate sexual activity (very quickly), the more actions the less enjoyment, less sexual activity produces a higher satisfaction chance of it, but refraining even for a while never resets the ability to enjoy it again. Especially since the time-frame for an act are limited but lust keeps recalculating and going.

The assigned preference perks like Holy Communnion actually mean nothing in defining enjoyment of it, I may be wrong but when looking in GECK they do not really do anything to prefer the act but only reflect the ratio between enjoyment and non-enjoyment of the act and are recalculated after the act - so do not affect the enjoyment of a preference - but record the difference between enjoyed and not, i.e. performed missionary enjoyed +25 places it on the edge of that perk, if below -25  it's disliked - so reaching level 4 of it, it will eventually go back down the more often the act is performed and center upon the mean or go in the other direction. 

This is why I stated Lust and Enjoyment seem somewhat disjoint a bit and a preference perk does not really seem a preference. Get laid 50 times too soon and you hate sex and the type of sex (position) forever but for some reason always in lust for it but never able to achieve a release at all. 

You have to rekindle it by turning off both xp and the "enjoyment" aspects clearing all counts of sexual activity completely - or better an uninstall/reinstall - for a fresh start or a new game. I noticed the variables are in your saves and so really do not get cleared, at least all the times I checked they had wide values. Adjustment through the McM did not seem to work in any direction so the case is  that there is no making a PC enjoy anything past a certain point.  I've tried to force orgasm with the run key... lol also happens to be the default for many other mods including sexout change position.... in any case even after changing the other mods to use different keystroke... did not really work. So, without modifying the mod itself... I'm not really sure if it's worth turning back on? No matter ho many times I've cleared both XP and Enjoy, or changed the values via McM imports or console when XP was turned back on it resulted in XPS of .001. ;)  Which of course it's in the same boat again. 

I'd have to assume the confusion is probably due that a player may think it should equate XP to how well the PC performed the act (darn your good in the sack, the partner had three orgasms). and sexual release of the PC should have been somehow related to the very knowledge of how to produce release, and the preference of certain acts for a reason had some effect upon it, iow the preference and skill (influence) of it could have been a quicker (positive) way for release, rather than just a measure something tried once and liked or disliked average with no impact upon enjoyment, etc... 

You have said: " I have noticed that the perks related to oral roles; more specifically those of giving instead of receiving, do not earn the positive perk no matter how hard you try." In the script the "giving position" on the oral acts does not generate positive "enjoyment" is why. 

On 12/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, eflat0 said:

What I find strange is the perks being assigned by the mod itself. They're very contrary to the actions chosen by the PC. I built a little completely submissive anything goes nympho who seeks just about anything - she chose the perks to match her actions, she sought and performed those actions about a thousand times over, Yet, by the perks auto-assigned via the mod from those actions she really despises all and any sexual activity of any kind?  Reads, Damn right schizophrenic and self-loathing. ;)

Descriptions don't help either. It has to do with what the doc said a bit earlier in the thread where spunk as a concern for realism, and what I pointed out that its design does not necessarily fit with other mods found on the website. If I understand correctly, any encounter tagged as rape will be negative and thus diminish enjoyment of the type of action. This, in turn, condemn your character to eventually be loathing any kind of sexual intercourse. Now, how many mods on LL are built around consensual relations?

I would advise disabling experience and enjoyment. They're nice concepts but fail to be properly interfaced with from third party mods.

On 12/15/2020 at 2:26 AM, bicobus said:

Descriptions don't help either. It has to do with what the doc said a bit earlier in the thread where spunk as a concern for realism, and what I pointed out that its design does not necessarily fit with other mods found on the website. If I understand correctly, any encounter tagged as rape will be negative and thus diminish enjoyment of the type of action. This, in turn, condemn your character to eventually be loathing any kind of sexual intercourse. Now, how many mods on LL are built around consensual relations?

I would advise disabling experience and enjoyment. They're nice concepts but fail to be properly interfaced with from third party mods.

I agree about the rape - once raped there is no recovery at all - so slave mods and such will not play well with it at all, - make sure the rape detriment is off in McM, First I'll point out Soliciting is the only mod I'm using outside of those affecting companions.  The ironic thing is many mods it may cause issues with list spunk as a requirement or nice to have. :)

However, when looking through the scripts even when all are consenting acts, the frequency of those acts affect the enjoyment of them, and also anything awarded. In the xp/enjoy designed rape is not the only detriment in it's overall participation over time (especially if the PC most likely female) due the dominant roles are rated higher in both xp and enjoyment than any of the the subordinate roles (They are awarding higher amounts to the f'er than the f'ed)..  any "submissive" acts are not very good. Also, If you partake in an act over and over again it reduces the enjoyment of it, due it's weighted - so averaged - only on total occurrence. plus both xp and enjoyment play in the equation which once if peaked at all keep going down due to that (a quite while you're ahead)... if participating in sexual activity too often over a short period of time, you will never likely go up again once it is peaked, even by refraining for a long period of time from any act it's based upon the last state before (the total count) - so sexual activity became mundane, and eventually just a few unsatisfactory experiences encountered at that point becomes negative, and will likely remain in that state forever. Thus as I stated in the previous post, it's not just a bad experience, but too much experience over time - especially in a short period of time. SpunkFuSetEnjoy is used if no value is found and sets the stage for every occurrence after. If the PC participates in a total of ten acts - all positive - and refrains from any acts for months or even years those first ten times bear the same weight when it comes to xp/enjoyment although they were abstinent for a long period of time. Even if an act result is a positive "Enjoyable" for many instances, eventually the rest of the logic reduces the enjoyment of that act on repetitive occurrences so will end up in the red after too many repetitions , especially when acts are invoked while at lower lust levels - because the equations are set that the more you did it in the past the longer the time it will take to reach like "enjoy" levels the next time you do it - and you're limited to a set time to reach "enjoyment" level.  It's actually a wear and tear system with no recovery.

Hello, I'm getting an error saying that JIP is out of date, even it's the exact opposite case. It's saying it is -1, but the version I downloaded is the most recent one: 55.80. I don't know what I did, but, if I try to continue the game, it says it's going to close it out.

41 minutes ago, Maidenfan said:

Hello, I'm getting an error saying that JIP is out of date, even it's the exact opposite case. It's saying it is -1, but the version I downloaded is the most recent one: 55.80. I don't know what I did, but, if I try to continue the game, it says it's going to close it out.

You have a likely have JIP dependent mod incorrectly detecting the version thus giving -1.

24 minutes ago, aghjax said:

You have a likely have JIP dependent mod incorrectly detecting the version thus giving -1.

I actually found out ALL my mods were counted as being version 1.0. Am I really going to have to go in and edit EVERY SINGLE ONE to the correct version? 😩

15 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

IIRC, the JIP plugin reports its version as -1 if it doesn't detect the version of NVSE that it requires. So make sure you update that first.

I'd load up the whole env in GECK then look at scripts...

i.e. Can tell exactly what this script is looking for - though the code is incorrect (i.e. the latest version of xNVSE anyone may get is 5.1b6 which happens to be a mismatch and will pop that MessageBoxEx. That "if GetPluginVersion "JIP NVSE Plugin" < 55.8" is the correct check for JIP though.

begin gamemode

if getgamerestarted

if GetNVSEVersionFull < 5.16
      MessageBoxEx "Your version of NVSE is out of date. Please update to xNVSE 5.16 or later."
endif
if GetPluginVersion "JIP NVSE Plugin" < 55.8
    MessageBoxEx "Your version of JIP LN NVSE is out of date. Please update to version 55.80 or later."
endif
if GetPluginVersion "JohnnyGuitarNVSE" < 340
    MessageBoxEx "Your version of JohnnyGuitar NVSE is out of date. Please update to version 3.40 or later."
endif
if GetJohnnyPatch 1 == 0
    MessageBoxEx "bLoadEditorIDs is not enabled in the JohnnyGuitar NVSE ini file. Please enable the setting before using this mod."
        endif
    endif
end

The other thing is some mods rely on an .ini to actually check for versions in the first place, and if not there return a negative.

You should probably get and enable FV diagnostics - can get it on nexus if you do not have it already, Most likely one mod in your load order though is screwing up the others though.

54 minutes ago, eflat0 said:

though the code is incorrect (i.e. the latest version of xNVSE anyone may get is 5.1b6 which happens to be a mismatch and will pop that MessageBoxEx

The old method of detecting NVSE by concatting version, revision & beta should still work, even with the latest xNVSE. If not, they should fix that on their end.

3 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

The old method of detecting NVSE by concatting version, revision & beta should still work, even with the latest xNVSE. If not, they should fix that on their end.

Well of course, The code I posted above was something I caught in an update of a mod I just downloaded last night. I notified the author when I encountered the messagebox, but I still looked in the code to see why. ;)