On 5/16/2019 at 5:18 AM, RowanSkie said:

Help, Spunk doesn't have an MCM menu!

And Pregnancy says that sperm tracking is disabled.

This is my present situation. I didn't entirely follow how to make a debug log (since MCM won't load) what do I name the file, and do I just place it in the game directory, same folder as the exes? Sorry I am a bit of a nub lol.

But not a complete nub, I do have screens of the console log which are attached. I also have my nvse log attached, it mentions Spunk errors. It also mentions an error with Unethical Deeds. I checked the forums for that mod (there are three separate forums) and in one of those threads someone posted on Saturday that they are seeing the NVSE error message with Unethical Deeds after installing the latest xNVSE. Though from the looks of this thread, other people have been having the problem of the MCM menu not loading for some time now. Spunk will be in the list of mods, but clicking on the MCM only shows a blank page.

Sexout Pregnancy also will pop up a window informing me that Pregnancy will not work until sperm is enabled (or something like that, I forget the exact message, several other people have mentioned it in this thread, the message ends with a seemingly out of place 0).

You may recognize some of the error messages here too, as other commenters have also mentioned these errors above. Something about a missing array.

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_30_19 PM.png

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_30_32 PM.png

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_30_51 PM.png

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_31_03 PM.png

nvse.log

On 2/1/2021 at 9:57 PM, jorbits said:

This is my present situation. I didn't entirely follow how to make a debug log (since MCM won't load) what do I name the file, and do I just place it in the game directory, same folder as the exes? Sorry I am a bit of a nub lol.

But not a complete nub, I do have screens of the console log which are attached. I also have my nvse log attached, it mentions Spunk errors. It also mentions an error with Unethical Deeds. I checked the forums for that mod (there are three separate forums) and in one of those threads someone posted on Saturday that they are seeing the NVSE error message with Unethical Deeds after installing the latest xNVSE. Though from the looks of this thread, other people have been having the problem of the MCM menu not loading for some time now. Spunk will be in the list of mods, but clicking on the MCM only shows a blank page.

Sexout Pregnancy also will pop up a window informing me that Pregnancy will not work until sperm is enabled (or something like that, I forget the exact message, several other people have mentioned it in this thread, the message ends with a seemingly out of place 0).

You may recognize some of the error messages here too, as other commenters have also mentioned these errors above. Something about a missing array.

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_30_19 PM.png

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_30_32 PM.png

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_30_51 PM.png

Fallout_ New Vegas 2_1_2021 7_31_03 PM.png

nvse.log 55.33 kB · 2 downloads

What version of xNVSE? The main issues with 6.0.0 through 6.0.3 are pretty much on arrays for the most part, a few functions were also changed in them. i.e. foreach loops fail because the array pointers pretty much are null. Spunk is pretty heavy in array usage - naturally because it has a lot to track. The menus are also built in an array structures (which is the smart way to do it). I don't know if you saved - but the cosave is probably full of null values on top of it. My opinion so far is if you wish to play a game, with any mods which are scripted, is to revert back to a stable xnvse like 5.1b6. I have not played around with 6.0.4 yet but would be my guess that 6.0.0 through 6.0.3 will have issues lingering in cosave files of the nvse... in which you'd get McM menus back but likely the values in them will be gone and have set them all again, they may flush out going to another version but may not?  https://github.com/xNVSE/NVSE/releases

19 hours ago, ChaosReigns9217 said:

I'm having a LOT of ctd with 6.0.4, plus obvious issues on Spunk's end. I've got some debug logs, plus some logs from the console. Hope it helps.

ScreenShot0.bmp 10.55 MB · 3 downloads SexoutSpunk-Log--2021-2-3-10-41-56.txt 304.78 kB · 1 download

Looks to me that 6.0.4 still does not handle arrays correctly?  It's either that or a corrupted cosave, which again is xnvse.  

I'm not a script expert, nor geck but it's pretty straight forward.  

Not that many may care but this is what I see. 

In Spunk all the perks are in an Arrays  based on the roles one for positive perks the other negative.

array_var ar_PerksPos
array_var ar_PerksNeg

It builds these arrays in a script called  SpunkFuArPopPerks

Spunk re-evaluates these perks with just about every act (Sexout call) which based on the role. It then adds or removes the perk. (This is what spunk was attempting to do when the error occurs) 

Here's a set of  Errors:

Error in script 58051E30 (SpunkFuRemovePerk) in mod SexoutSpunk.esp
Array does not contain key
Operator := failed to evaluate to a valid result
Script line approximation: Let ##rPerkP := SpunkVarz.ar_PerksPos[sv_role]## (error wrapped in ##'s)
    Where rPerkP=uninitialized form (0), SpunkVarz.ar_PerksPos=array size 34, sv_role="rubber"
    File: SexoutSpunk.esp Offset: 0x0014 Command: Let
Error in script 58051E30 (SpunkFuRemovePerk) in mod SexoutSpunk.esp
Array does not contain key
Operator := failed to evaluate to a valid result
Script line approximation: Let ##rPerkN := SpunkVarz.ar_PerksNeg[sv_role]## (error wrapped in ##'s)
    Where rPerkN=uninitialized form (0), SpunkVarz.ar_PerksNeg=array size 34, sv_role="rubber"
    File: SexoutSpunk.esp Offset: 0x002F Command: Let

This is the actual function failing:  SpunkFuRemovePerk (actual code lines below)

let rPerkP := SpunkVARZ.ar_PerksPos[sv_role]
let rPerkN := SpunkVARZ.ar_PerksNeg[sv_role]

if playerref.HasPerk rPerkP
    playerref.RemovePerk rPerkP
endif
if playerref.HasPerk rPerkN
    playerref.RemovePerk rPerkN
endif

It takes a role in and removes the perk and fails on the assignment of the Perk reference Id value assigned for "rubber" which should have been in the arrays .

In that functionality, what's really failing is the check with Ar_HasKey making sure that the role key in question actually exists in that array/stringmap. There are more roles parked on the player in NX vars than there are roles in the perk system, so the ar_haskey function makes certain that no attempt is made to retrieve perks that aren't there, leading to the type of error on display there. There are no errors occurring there for roles that actually are keys, and do have perks.

But for some reason 'rubber', which is one of those without a perk, passes the ar_haskey check anyway and then fails to retrieve the perk because it's not there. That shouldn't happen, plain as day. The whole point of the ar_haskey function is to fail if that role isn't a key in the stringmap, and so prevent the error from occurring. If the ar_haskey function now fails to properly fail, I can't imagine what other parts of Spunk and other array-dependent mods are bugging out. It is such a basic function to use, something that you build entire structures on thinking you can rely on it.

The thing is, this is definitely something I've already passed on to the xNVSE guys, so I'm surprised it's still happening.

Edit: I misread, mistaking it for an earlier error happening in SpunkQuEnjoy. It does seem to be SpunkFuRemovePerk, which seems to not receive the role string correctly.

On 2/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, ChaosReigns9217 said:

I'm having a LOT of ctd with 6.0.4, plus obvious issues on Spunk's end. I've got some debug logs, plus some logs from the console. Hope it helps.

ScreenShot0.bmp 10.55 MB · 3 downloads SexoutSpunk-Log--2021-2-3-10-41-56.txt304.78 kB · 7 downloads

Just relaying what the dev over at xnvse asked us when I relayed your issue to him.

The only realistic way for me to attempt to fix this is if the user uploads a save (.fos and .nvse) with a minimal load order (preferably that can be uploaded in a compressed file) where the issue occurs. I appreciate the detailed report, but unfortunately it doesn't give me a lot of hints on what's actually triggering the bug(s).

Edit: actually, it might give me an idea...

On 2/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, DoctaSax said:

In that functionality, what's really failing is the check with Ar_HasKey making sure that the role key in question actually exists in that array/stringmap. There are more roles parked on the player in NX vars than there are roles in the perk system, so the ar_haskey function makes certain that no attempt is made to retrieve perks that aren't there, leading to the type of error on display there. There are no errors occurring there for roles that actually are keys, and do have perks.

But for some reason 'rubber', which is one of those without a perk, passes the ar_haskey check anyway and then fails to retrieve the perk because it's not there. That shouldn't happen, plain as day. The whole point of the ar_haskey function is to fail if that role isn't a key in the stringmap, and so prevent the error from occurring. If the ar_haskey function now fails to properly fail, I can't imagine what other parts of Spunk and other array-dependent mods are bugging out. It is such a basic function to use, something that you build entire structures on thinking you can rely on it.

The thing is, this is definitely something I've already passed on to the xNVSE guys, so I'm surprised it's still happening.

Edit: I misread, mistaking it for an earlier error happening in SpunkQuEnjoy. It does seem to be SpunkFuRemovePerk, which seems to not receive the role string correctly.

Thanks Doc, I'm not sure rubber should even had been in the arrays it's dealing with....  

I've noticed strange things in 6.0.4 though beyond just arrays and strings.

i.e. From some old code in soliciting: 

set SexoutSolicitingTrickQuest.iType to sol._Vaginal
set SexoutSolicitingTrickQuest.iRape to 0
set SexoutSolSexAtLocQuest.rLocation to SexoutSolSloanMachineShopMarker 
StartQuest SexoutSolSexAtLocQuest

Plays a random animation instead of vaginal - could be sol._Vaginal is wrong, may had been lost given that a location must be reached? That should be an integer. 

i.e. From sexout companions:

set Sexout.SexType to Oral
set SexoutNG.ActorA to Player
set SexoutNG.ActorB to Getself
set SexoutNG.CBDialogB to SexoutCompanionsVeronicaLickCB
CIOS SexoutBegin

Again plays a random animation .... so again something is wrong with the variable? 

I think those values are initialized on load every time (and untouched like a constant for readability)? 

It's more likely that NG's own sorting mechanism to translate the sex 'type' var into a fitting anim combo got borked by whatever. The old calling methods are always translated into the new one when used - they're only kept for backwards compatibility.

Regarding the role array containing role keys that aren't in the perk system to begin with: the data is read from enjoyment NX data on the player, which may contain roles I couldn't think up a perk description for, but are still useful for eg arousal and cum allocation. It was either that, or loop through all possible roles in the perk system alone to see if the player has such data. The former is more efficient due to the ability to use the NX_GetEVFLAr function to grab both all keys and values in one go.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, eflat0 said:

What version of xNVSE? The main issues with 6.0.0 through 6.0.3 are pretty much on arrays for the most part, a few functions were also changed in them. i.e. foreach loops fail because the array pointers pretty much are null. Spunk is pretty heavy in array usage - naturally because it has a lot to track. The menus are also built in an array structures (which is the smart way to do it). I don't know if you saved - but the cosave is probably full of null values on top of it. My opinion so far is if you wish to play a game, with any mods which are scripted, is to revert back to a stable xnvse like 5.1b6. I have not played around with 6.0.4 yet but would be my guess that 6.0.0 through 6.0.3 will have issues lingering in cosave files of the nvse... in which you'd get McM menus back but likely the values in them will be gone and have set them all again, they may flush out going to another version but may not?  https://github.com/xNVSE/NVSE/releases

I tried reverting to 5.1b6 and the errors stopped displaying the nvse error notifications for Spunk, but I did find this console error:

ScreenShot8.bmp

My nvse log is attatched for anyone curious, this is with 6.0.5, the only mention of spunk is "Error in script 5E0733DE (SpunkMCMWipeOnLoad) in mod SexoutSpunk.esp"

The MCM menu still won't load though.

ScreenShot7.bmp

I upgraded to nvse 6.0.5 just now. I did not notice Spunk errors in the console, or any notifications of script errors for Spunk. But looking in the nvse log, there are some Spunk errors listed. I forgot to look at the log when I had 5.1b6, sorry.

Ever since I downgraded to 5.1b6, I have been getting this message when I load a save. "Sexout: your nvse cosave seems to be unavailable."

ScreenShot3.bmp

Sexout machine broked, sex scenes no longer trigger :<

nvse.log

19 hours ago, ThyEvilSurgeon said:

Just curious.. was the upgrade to to 6.0.5 done with existing saves, or with a fresh, new playthrough?

I've tried both. Obviously it wouldn't work well with existing save. But the result is all the same. I get that error and my MCM menu of said mod is a mess (others work fine).

19 hours ago, McAron said:

I've tried both. Obviously it wouldn't work well with existing save. But the result is all the same. I get that error and my MCM menu of said mod is a mess (others work fine).

Hmmm, .4 and .5 I think still have issues with arrays. 6.0.5 also has some issues with other mods in reporting it's presence and version.  i.e. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9606593-darnifiedui-error-when-i-load-into-the-game/

This is also likely going to throw off co-saves when reverting back from 6.x.x  to 5.x.x or moving forward 5.x.x to 6.x.x from an old save for many mods unless they've compensated for realignment during the load. In summary: the xnvse co-saves are not physically file compatible. (I also know I read of increasing exponential save bloating issues with 6.0.3.)  

What I am thinking here possibly to get the menus back is to remove spunk before switching out xnvse do a save, install the new/old xnvse then install spunk again and load that save?  I'm not sure how to uninstall spunk without the menu though.    

7 hours ago, eflat0 said:

Hmmm, .4 and .5 I think still have issues with arrays. 6.0.5 also has some issues with other mods in reporting it's presence and version.  i.e. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9606593-darnifiedui-error-when-i-load-into-the-game/

This is also likely going to throw off co-saves when reverting back from 6.x.x  to 5.x.x or moving forward 5.x.x to 6.x.x from an old save for many mods unless they've compensated for realignment during the load. In summary: the xnvse co-saves are not physically file compatible. (I also know I read of increasing exponential save bloating issues with 6.0.3.)  

What I am thinking here possibly to get the menus back is to remove spunk before switching out xnvse do a save, install the new/old xnvse then install spunk again and load that save?  I'm not sure how to uninstall spunk without the menu though.    

I'd do that if I didn't fear that my game would just crash again for no reason when I walk couple of meters. When I was coming out of Vault 101 (TTW 3.2.2) I would get to Springvale and then BAM - CTD. Same with other directions.

And I couldn't pin-point which mods caused it. It could be that newest JIP plug-in didn't work well with NVSE 5. But when an idea of updating NVSE crossed my mind I did just that and it stopped. So for now I'll be stuck with half working Spunk (no effects, buggy buffs plus mcm errors) but at least I'll get some use out of it, like getting EXP from sex encounters.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, McAron said:

I'd do that if I didn't fear that my game would just crash again for no reason when I walk couple of meters. When I was coming out of Vault 101 (TTW 3.2.2) I would get to Springvale and then BAM - CTD. Same with other directions.

And I couldn't pin-point which mods caused it. It could be that newest JIP plug-in didn't work well with NVSE 5. But when an idea of updating NVSE crossed my mind I did just that and it stopped. So for now I'll be stuck with half working Spunk (no effects, buggy buffs plus mcm errors) but at least I'll get some use out of it, like getting EXP from sex encounters.

My experience with the exp and especially enjoy flags, are that they degrade over time - eventually acts the pc once enjoyed are less enjoyed until they're irrelevant - eventually with that flag orgasm (well cuming from it) will stop or the very least take  an extremely long time. The xp flag is weighted by the enjoy - so if there is a value for it beside 0 it has an affect on it. any animation marked as rape (which entails almost anything rough) also has some effects - not quite sure if the rape flag need be turned on or not, Docsax may answer that better (no matter what you do never turn that flag on). 

The McM menu system in Spunk is unlike most other mods, it's pretty dynamic - the user may add additional sub-menus. Which of course were built in array structures, which arrays have changed  internally along with some of the xnvse functions which access them from xnvse 5 to 6. My game (which has a lvl 51 pc and 210 (esm/esp), runs tweaked and flawless  in 5, update to 6.0.0 and about 18 mods get issues, at 6.0.5 it's only 4 mods - including spunk), I've been moving back and forth to compare the stability, but that entails keeping track of what save was done with what dll versions (that's xnvse, jip. etc..) . I guess I'll try removing spunk myself - it creates a spunkfree save, upgrade to 6.0.6 then load the save clean of spunk make a savepoint, and then reinstall spunk again. If that works? I guess if that works for spunk I could take the time to see how to hit the reset variable from a console? The key to how spunk initializes on load is SpunkVarz.fVersion, that tells spunk what spunk version was in the save prior to the load, if at all any, and in turn runs the scripts to build or rebuild menus, etc... well at least the way I'm reading the code.

Here's a question, have you used FNVEdit to see if any other mods are in conflict with spunk? While I doubt any because Spunk - being a framework, depends only on FalloutNV, setout and xnvse from all I may see, but we never know without looking.  

I get this strange bug. I tried looking in this forum but it seems on my first pass nobody else has had it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'll go through the animation and everything. But after the characters ragdoll from the orgasm. The player character will stand up. Still naked and I'm unable to move. I can look around and talk to anyone close to me and even engage in the sex again, animations and all. But I'll remain frozen.

Not sure what is causing this because it worked fine before. Is there a setting or option I should fiddle with in the MCM possibly?

Hey folks!

Been a long time since I previously played [and modded] Fallout New Vegas and I've recently got back into it.

My memory is a little hazy so perhaps I was mistaken, adding to that I am not entirely sure if it's this mod or the base sexout mod [or common resources] that involves this but I figured spunk was the right mod given its involvement of "fluids".

Is my memory playing tricks on me, or were the female characters also capable of squirting fluids upon reaching orgasm? I've got a few sexout mods installed, animations play fine [albeit with the occasionally misalignment] and the male actor splooshes the baby batter but the female actor [my character] doesn't even upon filling the lust'o'metre.

So yeah... did I just imagine that feature or is it an existing feature and I've dun goofed somewhere and the mod hasn't worked entirely correctly? Whichever mod that may be if not this one?