i just checked "angrimapprentice.esp" with tes5edit and saw that there's a chastity belt (the one i'm wearing) which hasn't the keyword. i think this might be the cause of my problem :lol:

EDIT: i added the keyword to the belt and lo and behold, it solved the problem. strange, this issue must have been noticed by someone before :huh:

The belt added by Angrim's Apprentice provides it's own filter, using different scripts: Though the belts are visually identical, they are scripted completely differently. Stobor plans on switching over in the future, though, I believe. By adding that keyword to it, you've ensured that my scripts will process the belt from his mod. This will work fine, so long as you ensure that you don't have that belt in your inventory when you start one of the quests this mod adds / wear one of the belts that this mod adds (By adding the keyword to that belt, you've broken a check to prevent a rather nasty bug).

own filter, own scripts, but the belt doesn't work. thx for the advice. how could i find these quests? i already discovered one (a key and a forbidden bookcase in the arcaneum), but i want to finish angrim's apprentice first.

another question: why the fuck doesn't lesbian scenes work with the belt? i just startet a round of whoring and that stupid bitches bothering me to lick her cunts. can't she lick a pussy while wearing the belt? instead of 1 lesbian scene it starts 2 masturbation scenes. that doesn't seem very logical to me :D

Arrok_Lesbian contains the banned Vaginal tag. ZynLesbian contains the banned Vaginal tag as well. I could see about adding positional context awareness to the filter in future updates, though the implementation would be rather inelegant as it varies from animation to animation. Hmm.

that would be great, if it works. if not - not so bad.

after i slept outside i'm getting a message, something about "..interrupted by a strange sensation.." and after awakening i'm naked and tied up, but only for a sec and nothing else happens. is this usual or is something wrong? it feels like something should happen, but it doesn't. :huh:

Hmm! That's odd, that's part of the next (unfinished) quest, and should be disabled by default. Did you have Surreptitious Streets enabled from 2.5.3 prior to updating?

hmmm...good question, i don't know. if i have to guess, i would say yes. i hope this isn't really bad? if i deactivate SS and RM this event doesn't start. too bad, i would really like to play this. it sounded very promising. can you say when it will be finished? i hope very soon :)

i just checked "angrimapprentice.esp" with tes5edit and saw that there's a chastity belt (the one i'm wearing) which hasn't the keyword. i think this might be the cause of my problem :lol:

EDIT: i added the keyword to the belt and lo and behold, it solved the problem. strange, this issue must have been noticed by someone before :huh:

The belt added by Angrim's Apprentice provides it's own filter, using different scripts: Though the belts are visually identical, they are scripted completely differently. Stobor plans on switching over in the future, though, I believe. By adding that keyword to it, you've ensured that my scripts will process the belt from his mod. This will work fine, so long as you ensure that you don't have that belt in your inventory when you start one of the quests this mod adds / wear one of the belts that this mod adds (By adding the keyword to that belt, you've broken a check to prevent a rather nasty bug).

own filter, own scripts, but the belt doesn't work. thx for the advice. how could i find these quests? i already discovered one (a key and a forbidden bookcase in the arcaneum), but i want to finish angrim's apprentice first.

another question: why the fuck doesn't lesbian scenes work with the belt? i just startet a round of whoring and that stupid bitches bothering me to lick her cunts. can't she lick a pussy while wearing the belt? instead of 1 lesbian scene it starts 2 masturbation scenes. that doesn't seem very logical to me :D

Arrok_Lesbian contains the banned Vaginal tag. ZynLesbian contains the banned Vaginal tag as well. I could see about adding positional context awareness to the filter in future updates, though the implementation would be rather inelegant as it varies from animation to animation. Hmm.

that would be great, if it works. if not - not so bad.

after i slept outside i'm getting a message, something about "..interrupted by a strange sensation.." and after awakening i'm naked and tied up, but only for a sec and nothing else happens. is this usual or is something wrong? it feels like something should happen, but it doesn't. :huh:

Hmm! That's odd, that's part of the next (unfinished) quest, and should be disabled by default. Did you have Surreptitious Streets enabled from 2.5.3 prior to updating?

hmmm...good question, i don't know. if i have to guess, i would say yes. i hope this isn't really bad? if i deactivate SS and RM this event doesn't start. too bad, i would really like to play this. it sounded very promising. can you say when it will be finished? i hope very soon :)

The Forbidden Tome (the one you discovered) is the only quest that I've released so far for this mod. I can't provide support for the belt from Angrim's Apprentice, as I didn't write the scripts for that mod.

Regarding the animations thing, eh, maybe, we'll see.

Going to be a while on the Surreptitious Streets system still. Should be fun though, when it's done!

The Forbidden Tome (the one you discovered) is the only quest that I've released so far for this mod. I can't provide support for the belt from Angrim's Apprentice, as I didn't write the scripts for that mod.

Regarding the animations thing, eh, maybe, we'll see.

Going to be a while on the Surreptitious Streets system still. Should be fun though, when it's done!

hopefully it's done very soon. it sounds like hell of a fun. :D keep up the good work.

Not all of the Dwemer Dungeons in Solstheim are locked away behind super long quest-lines, either (And there's a fair number over there!)

No, but don't forget that Solstheim itself is quest locked, and it's bestiary does not exactly scale down for a low-level char either ;)

True. I personally enjoyed playing through Dragonborn while in that...Predicament. Made it quite challenging, and made me majorly adjust my approach to combat.

That said, I'm adding a toggle to limit quest selection to the mainland anyways (As per an implementation suggestion 20~ish pages back. ), as I can certainly see how it could be obnoxious for some users.

Hmm, the "open with key" option doesn't seem to be appearing for collars (not sure about other restraints), belts worked fine though. I'm getting this with the included devices and custom ones, with the correct key in my inventory.

Tis working fine on this end: Are you sure that you have the "Restraints Key" in your inventory? The belt/bra use a different key than the cuffs/collar. If you want a custom key that unlocks both, you only need to add the appropriate keywords to it (Check the existing keywords on the restraints key / chastity key). Assuming, of course, you've created custom devices that use the new class of key.

Hmm, the "open with key" option doesn't seem to be appearing for collars (not sure about other restraints), belts worked fine though. I'm getting this with the included devices and custom ones, with the correct key in my inventory.

Tis working fine on this end: Are you sure that you have the "Restraints Key" in your inventory? The belt/bra use a different key than the cuffs/collar. If you want a custom key that unlocks both, you only need to add the appropriate keywords to it (Check the existing keywords on the restraints key / chastity key). Assuming, of course, you've created custom devices that use the new class of key.

Looks like I didn't have the keywords on my custom key at all. That solved the problem for my custom stuff, where I have the same key both for restraints and belts. But then I think the belt doesn't actually check the keyword since it opened nicely just with the property set in its script. I had cloned the keys off an earlier version of Devious Devices basically and just changed the name so didn't check for updates with the new one, so thanks for the heads up, didn't realise I was missing it.

Something seems to be messing up the default keys though. And I'm thinking it's the Captured Dreams I just installed, looking in CK it seems to modify the default key values and changes the keyword on them to DeviceKeys instead of the zad_restraint/chastitykey.

So problem on my end after all :)

Hey guys!

1:  Almost every NPC in Skyrim wears a chasity belt and plugs. No matter if male or female. WTF? this is kind of an immersion breaking bug...

2: Im trying to have all the features the "Devious Devices" Mod(s) are offering. Right now I have:

"Devious Devices - Assets v. 2.5.0 (UNP)"

"Devious Devices - Ftm DB 2.0"

"Devious Devices -v.2.5.5"

installed.

Today a new version for the "Devious Devices - For the masses -DB- Outfits v2.1" was released. Though, when installing it overwrote / disabled the "Devious Devices - Assets v. 2.5.0 (UNP)" instead of the Devious Devices - Ftm DB 2.0.

The For the Masses mod should not have overwritten anything in the Assets mod as there are only 2 esp's in it: Devious Devices - For the Masses -DB- Outfits.esp and Devious Devices - FtMOutfits - merge.esp. As for everyone having a belt there is only about a 20% - 25% chance for anyone to have them.

As for what they do, the Assets mod has the models and base items but they are removable (this is the base for the rest). The Integration mod (v2.5.5) adds the locking scripts and other controls for the belts. FtM adds the belts to NPC's via outfit lists and leveled lists.

Right now im having

"Devious Devices - For the Masses -DB- Outfits v2-1"

installed.

Did I miss something? or is any of those mods redundant and can be safely deleted?

Also im still getting the "bug" that almost everyone WEARS the belt. This is especially annoying for MALE NPCs who also wear both Plugs....

Thanks to the answers in this thread,  at least the Message and Inventory spamming has stopped.

Hey guys!

1:  Almost every NPC in Skyrim wears a chasity belt and plugs. No matter if male or female. WTF? this is kind of an immersion breaking bug...

2: Im trying to have all the features the "Devious Devices" Mod(s) are offering. Right now I have:

installed.

Today a new version for the "Devious Devices - For the masses -DB- Outfits v2.1" was released. Though, when installing it overwrote / disabled the "Devious Devices - Assets v. 2.5.0 (UNP)" instead of the Devious Devices - Ftm DB 2.0.

The For the Masses mod should not have overwritten anything in the Assets mod as there are only 2 esp's in it: Devious Devices - For the Masses -DB- Outfits.esp and Devious Devices - FtMOutfits - merge.esp. As for everyone having a belt there is only about a 20% - 25% chance for anyone to have them.

As for what they do, the Assets mod has the models and base items but they are removable (this is the base for the rest). The Integration mod (v2.5.5) adds the locking scripts and other controls for the belts. FtM adds the belts to NPC's via outfit lists and leveled lists.

Right now im having

installed.

Did I miss something? or is any of those mods redundant and can be safely deleted?

Also im still getting the "bug" that almost everyone WEARS the belt. This is especially annoying for MALE NPCs who also wear both Plugs....

Thanks to the answers in this thread,  at least the Message and Inventory spamming has stopped.

You can remove the Devious Devices - FtM DB 2.0 as the last item on the list is the updated version. There is no easy way to get rid of the belts from people once they have them. Here is a version of the For the Masses esp's without the belts added to the outfits. As NPC's reset it should remove them. I believe the base time for them to reset is 10 days but there are ways to change it (bashed patch has a setting for it).

Edit - New version of For the Masses is available that does not add belts to regular NPC (those with just clothes not armor)

Out of curiosity, how long (game time) have you had the FtM running?

Hey guys!

installed.

Right now im having

installed.

"Devious Devices - Ftm DB 2.0" is an older version of "Devious Devices - For the Masses -DB- Outfits v2-1" and can be removed.

And now another question. Now that the new version of FTM is out, is the ftm-patch still needed (post #889).

Hey guys!

installed.

Right now im having

installed.

"Devious Devices - Ftm DB 2.0" is an older version of "Devious Devices - For the Masses -DB- Outfits v2-1" and can be removed.

And now another question. Now that the new version of FTM is out, is the ftm-patch still needed (post #889).

The patch Min released is needed until the next release of the Integration mod. The patch he released has an updated script.

I just had a rather interesting experience opening one chest in the player house in Markarth... :D

Gah, haha. Too many curious players enabled the Surreptitious Streets option in 2.5.3.

I never actually had a chance to download 2.5.3, you had the option there in some earlier version though, possibly the first one with quests? I think I enabled it pretty much right away, so looks to have carried over.

Did you add a new questline or? i'm confused

What a chest ? :o in markarath ? whats in it?

Nothing actually added yet, it's just some half-working quest start that shouldn't be activating :) As for the chest, whatever stuff I had placed there earlier ^^

Did you add a new questline or? i'm confused

What a chest ? :o in markarath ? whats in it?

Nope. Nothing to see here, move along!

I just had a rather interesting experience opening one chest in the player house in Markarth... :D

Gah, haha. Too many curious players enabled the Surreptitious Streets option in 2.5.3.

I never actually had a chance to download 2.5.3, you had the option there in some earlier version though, possibly the first one with quests? I think I enabled it pretty much right away, so looks to have carried over.

Yeah, it would in the same savegame. Don't play through that yet, it's not finished (Missing lots of content, buggy, etc) :P

EDIT:

As for the chest, nothing in it is lost: While in your house, type "StopQuest zaddSSQuest" (I think that was the name of it: Can't check right now), and you should be able to access the contents again.

I have a suggestion.

I really like that several plug types have special (disabling) effects, but I have a suggestion for a new effects and (of course) questions.

Suggestion: Since soulgem plugs vibrate, and inflatable plugs have a chance to get 'bumped' and inflate, therefore stimulating you... have iron plugs stimulate you upon being hit by cold damage. Not everyone is into temperature play, so you might want to make this toggle-able in the MCM menu, even default to off and you have to turn it on. But ice damage (possibly fire damage) could be channeled by the, frankly bare metal belt and -plugs- in you to harass/disturb/stimulate your nether regions (possibly both holes?) when you get hit by them. Just a suggestion, trying to help. Couldn't come up with something sexual for primitive plugs. :( Anyone else gets ideas from this, say so... but 'primitive' could easily just be the only basic plug, or something.

Questions: The 'bump' event chance in the MCM mentions triggering it by things other than 'sitting' (Or using a crafting item). I specifically remember it mentions jumping, but I don't remember what else. <3 Can you really trigger it other ways right now? That would be fantastic.... if it just gets bumped as I'm running or jump, if so, please inform me.

I see health, magicka, and stamina drain effects in there in the effects chances sections. Are those used for anything yet? If so, what/how to get it to happen? Thank you for your time.

The Devoius device mods arent working for me , I can craft them and picking up the book too with key for the forbidden bookschelf , but no quest occurs and the effects arent working too...

MCM menu didnt showing up either , I can put on the cluffs and belts but nothing of them showing up , I have all the required files , Sexlab Aroused , the resource pack 2.50 CBBE. and the latest sexlab.

@eradawn: I had that trouble too. But, it's because the mod isn't registering in the menu, and therefore not starting properly.

What I do is make sure the DD menu gets added before continuing playing. If I start a new game, I always look for DD's entry, because it's about 50/50 that it does activate (or that's what it feels like). So, I keep trying until it does come up (along with all the other mods). Hope this helps you.

I have a suggestion.

I really like that several plug types have special (disabling) effects, but I have a suggestion for a new effects and (of course) questions.

Suggestion: Since soulgem plugs vibrate, and inflatable plugs have a chance to get 'bumped' and inflate, therefore stimulating you... have iron plugs stimulate you upon being hit by cold damage. Not everyone is into temperature play, so you might want to make this toggle-able in the MCM menu, even default to off and you have to turn it on. But ice damage (possibly fire damage) could be channeled by the, frankly bare metal belt and -plugs- in you to harass/disturb/stimulate your nether regions (possibly both holes?) when you get hit by them. Just a suggestion, trying to help. Couldn't come up with something sexual for primitive plugs. :( Anyone else gets ideas from this, say so... but 'primitive' could easily just be the only basic plug, or something.

Questions: The 'bump' event chance in the MCM mentions triggering it by things other than 'sitting' (Or using a crafting item). I specifically remember it mentions jumping, but I don't remember what else. <3 Can you really trigger it other ways right now? That would be fantastic.... if it just gets bumped as I'm running or jump, if so, please inform me.

I see health, magicka, and stamina drain effects in there in the effects chances sections. Are those used for anything yet? If so, what/how to get it to happen? Thank you for your time.

Other people have suggested special on-hit magic events. The reason that I've declined them thus far, is because OnHit is a pretty expensive event to monitor (The Papyrus event we would need to use in order to create such effects). This mod is currently a pretty light load on skyrim's script engine: I'd like to keep it that way.

There is an inflatable-plug specific message for sitting down, though I haven't created any for jumping/running/etc just yet.

The Magicka drain effect is used by the cursed soulgem plugs, the other two aren't used yet.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention, there's also a unique interaction option with the inflatable plugs in your inventory, if you're wearing them. Pretty short, but hey. :P

The Devoius device mods arent working for me , I can craft them and picking up the book too with key for the forbidden bookschelf , but no quest occurs and the effects arent working too...

MCM menu didnt showing up either , I can put on the cluffs and belts but nothing of them showing up , I have all the required files , Sexlab Aroused , the resource pack 2.50 CBBE. and the latest sexlab.

Sounds like the scripts aren't running: Are you sure that you installed the mod correctly? If you are, upload a copy of your log, and I'll take a look.

@eradawn: I had that trouble too. But, it's because the mod isn't registering in the menu, and therefore not starting properly.

What I do is make sure the DD menu gets added before continuing playing. If I start a new game, I always look for DD's entry, because it's about 50/50 that it does activate (or that's what it feels like). So, I keep trying until it does come up (along with all the other mods). Hope this helps you.

No idea why that happens for a small set of you: I've never once seen that issue, nor have any of the users that beta-test releases. I've seen other users report that problem for other mods, too: Perhaps you guys are running a very out of date SkyUI installation or something?

No idea why that happens for a small set of you: I've never once seen that issue, nor have any of the users that beta-test releases. I've seen other users report that problem for other mods, too: Perhaps you guys are running a very out of date SkyUI installation or something?

I have seen this in the past, and it appeared to be caused by another mod failing to initialize properly (due to either a bug in a quest's alias conditions, or due to an outdated SEQ file).  Fixing the other mod (in my case one that depended on Devious Devices) also fixed Devious Devices.  This may have been coincidence... but the problem hasn't come back since.

I wonder if the affected users have any new Devious mod (besides this one) in common.

Well, I had that trouble when I was running around 200 or so mods. So, there's no wonder there's some conflict.

Right now I'm starting over, and I'll be playing with a few mods at a time to see what each has. I haven't started playing yet (since I'm playing around with body shape at the moment), but I'll take note of what mods I have active and such when I put the DD mods back in.