Could some one please help me. No matter what I do I cannot seem to get rid of the Devious Devices Assets is undefined on load of a brand new save with most of my mods reinstalled just yesterday. Is there anyway of fixing this? Or am I able to ignore that message and keep playing?

is it normal that she puts her arms behind her back when walking and running without an armbinder? sprinting is still fine.

I think I had a similar issue temporarily but in reverse (arms in bound animation while sprinting but not walking).  It seemed to fix itself just by putting a new armbinder on and taking it off again.

I figured out the third person camera thing. It wasn't working because a bug. I had an armbinder on and when I struggled it started playing the animation but it got stuck and repeat the animation. I could move in first person mode but couldn't in third person.

Hey I encountered a weird one. Whenever I give my followers arm restraints they also stops following or moving at all.  Oh also when the followers are gagged with the ball gag from DD they don't do the moan. Any idea what might be causing these? Thanks in advance.

Hey I encountered a weird one. Whenever I give my followers arm restraints they also stops following or moving at all.  Oh also when the followers are gagged with the ball gag from DD they don't do the moan. Any idea what might be causing these? Thanks in advance.

Don't know about the first question but with the gags: devious gags don't play the zaz moan sounds. They use their own system.

Don't know about the first question but with the gags: devious gags don't play the zaz moan sounds. They use their own system.

Their own system eh? Can you tell me how I can activate it? Couldn't find it in the MCM.

AI issues with NPCs wearing armbinders is a known problem. A solution is currently being tested. No ETA on a fix.

Ah OK. While we are here then let me just add that the problem pops up with cuffs on the NPC's too, even though the cuffs don't automatically bind NPC hands (potentially another problem?)

Their own system eh? Can you tell me how I can activate it? Couldn't find it in the MCM.

The different systems are activated automatically by equipping a gag from either a devious mod, or one from the zaz pack.

DDi forces you into a mini-game when trying to speak to npcs when you're wearing a devious gag. You have to keep trying until the npc understands you and each time you fail your gag speech skill increases by 5%. When you get it to 100% it becomes much quicker and easier to make yourself understood. Cursed Loot also has its own gag dialogue system which can run alongside the ddi one, or replace it, depending on your cursed loot MCM settings. It results in either being understood by npcs or having them do various interesting things to you due to confusion (or just them being naughty.) Devious gags play their own moaning sounds at specific times (such as when you fail to struggle out of a binder.)

The zaz gags ("zbf" gags) won't ever prevent you from making yourself understood when your character is wearing them, but if you talk to a gagged npc there is some dialogue you can go through with them to basically tease them about not being able to speak. All zbf gags have a keyword attached that allows them to play the moaning sounds you can configure in the zaz MCM, but they won't play devious gag sounds and devious gags won't play zaz gag sounds because they don't have that keyword. Both types of gag will play zaz moans during sexlab animations if you have that option active in the zaz MCM.

Hey I encountered a weird one. Whenever I give my followers arm restraints they also stops following or moving at all. Oh also when the followers are gagged with the ball gag from DD they don't do the moan. Any idea what might be causing these? Thanks in advance.

The different systems are activated automatically by equipping a gag from either a devious mod, or one from the zaz pack.

DDi forces you into a mini-game when trying to speak to npcs when you're wearing a devious gag. You have to keep trying until the npc understands you and each time you fail your gag speech skill increases by 5%. When you get it to 100% it becomes much quicker and easier to make yourself understood. Cursed Loot also has its own gag dialogue system which can run alongside the ddi one, or replace it, depending on your cursed loot MCM settings. It results in either being understood by npcs or having them do various interesting things to you due to confusion (or just them being naughty.) Devious gags play their own moaning sounds at specific times (such as when you fail to struggle out of a binder.)

The zaz gags ("zbf" gags) won't ever prevent you from making yourself understood when your character is wearing them, but if you talk to a gagged npc there is some dialogue you can go through with them to basically tease them about not being able to speak. All zbf gags have a keyword attached that allows them to play the moaning sounds you can configure in the zaz MCM, but they won't play devious gag sounds and devious gags won't play zaz gag sounds because they don't have that keyword. Both types of gag will play zaz moans during sexlab animations if you have that option active in the zaz MCM.

I feel like I need to clarify here. I only use this mod on NPCs, not myself. I like the things the mod adds but not the role it at times enforced (hence why I have the quests disabled).

I feel like I need to clarify here. I only use this mod on NPCs, not myself. I like the things the mod adds but not the role it at times enforced (hence why I have the quests disabled).

Hmm. I mostly use the devices on my dragonborn, not so much on npcs, so maybe I'm not in the best position to judge. As far as gags go, though, my impression is that the zaz gags seem to have more effect on npcs. I'm basing that purely on the fact that I can't remember what happens when you speak to an npc in a devious gag at all, whereas if they're in a zaz gag they definitely make gagged moans when you talk to them and there is a dialogue option for you to tease them. Something like, "You appear to be in a bind." The options you'll get for "talking" to them with that are always the same and don't lead anywhere, but they are quite amusing. You can also just talk to them normally, though, if you want.

Anyway, if you have dd installed then you also have zaz, so I'd suggest getting one of each type of gag and picking a lucky follower to try them out on, see which you prefer.

Hmm. I mostly use the devices on my dragonborn, not so much on npcs, so maybe I'm not in the best position to judge. As far as gags go, though, my impression is that the zaz gags seem to have more effect on npcs. I'm basing that purely on the fact that I can't remember what happens when you speak to an npc in a devious gag at all, whereas if they're in a zaz gag they definitely make gagged moans when you talk to them and there is a dialogue option for you to tease them. Something like, "You appear to be in a bind." The options you'll get for "talking" to them with that are always the same and don't lead anywhere, but they are quite amusing. You can also just talk to them normally, though, if you want.

Anyway, if you have dd installed then you also have zaz, so I'd suggest getting one of each type of gag and picking a lucky follower to try them out on, see which you prefer.

Hey man thanks for trying to help. And yeah I've tried that before, and I liked most things about the zaz gags except how they look. Well actually on their page they had ball gags too but when i installed the latest version I only had zaz ring, bit log, and panel gags, none of which i like more than the dd ball gag. :/ ah well, this part i can live with, but I really would like to figure out the not following part of the problem. Think they followed a bit before I tried to slot the NPCs into DD, but at that time their arms often comes out of the armbinder on their own (without the keys on them, if that matters). But then I openned up about 7 slots for npcs in DD and now they won't follow or go anywhere unless ordered to whenever they have arm restraints on, which again is not limited to armbinders. I tried to disable the npc slots again but that didn't fix it. Any logs I can upload to have someone take a look at it? The game never crashed so I don't think papyrus would help?

Edit: I guess I should add that I'm using this mod with fishburger's sex slave mod. 

Edit again: Ok I think I "fixed" the not following bug. Just disabled the DDi's npc slots and they follow again. Just make sure you reload a previous save before they stopped following (even when the armbinder is off). But this is kinda annoying since having the npc's going through the motions is also a thing i was looking for, and also a lot of events will now break the npcs free from their armbinder, including but not limited to: area transition, engaging in a conversation, entering combat (upon weapon draw), and the npcs masterbating due to the plugs in them or what not. Using the ZaZ animation tester it's usually somewhat alright to offset the animation so they are bound by the armbinders again but this is kind of a hustle. Would be great if anyone else could work out a better fix. (Although, this might be a problem I should ask the ZaZ people...)

Edit again: ah ok, so the key thing here is to not have npc slotted in ZaZ, then the wrist cuffs won't prevent them from following you. However armbinder still won't work. You can unequip the armbinder from the npc, then disable the DD slots, then re-equip them on npc, then they might follow you for a bit, but then even if npc slots are disabled the npc's might still do that little struggle, at which point they will stop following you. Another problem this raises is, if in the future the DDi team decides to actually make wrist cuffs work with npcs (i.e. binds their hands when they have wrist cuffs equipped), then will the same problem as armbinders apply to wrist cuffs (stop followers from following)?

Hey man thanks for trying to help. And yeah I've tried that before, and I liked most things about the zaz gags except how they look. Well actually on their page they had ball gags too but when i installed the latest version I only had zaz ring, bit log, and panel gags, none of which i like more than the dd ball gag.

The latest zaz pack actually includes zaz versions of the devices from devious assets (none of the expansion colours or the boots, but everything else.) You just need DDa meshes and textures installed to be able to use them.

Hey man thanks for trying to help. And yeah I've tried that before, and I liked most things about the zaz gags except how they look. Well actually on their page they had ball gags too but when i installed the latest version I only had zaz ring, bit log, and panel gags, none of which i like more than the dd ball gag.

The latest zaz pack actually includes zaz versions of the devices from devious assets (none of the expansion colours or the boots, but everything else.) You just need DDa meshes and textures installed to be able to use them.

Well I also like some of the other items. But thanks for the heads up.

I am having a small issue with Idles and camera.

I use the regular 360 camera for standard gameplay and an idle replacer (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53396/? for the idle, 360 option from herodeleyenda's all in one body replacer).  After armbinders are removed from my character she usually, as in 9/10 times, reverts to standard vanilla camera and idle.  I've tried moving both after all DD mods in my load, made sure I am using latest version of XPMS and FNIS, and still haven't found a fix on my own. I have also run everything through LOOT 2 times now and made sure I have a solid bash patch through wyrebash.

In case it makes any difference the only mod that I'm using that utilizes armbinders is cursed loot.  I haven't seen the issue happen again when getting hands bound together, only armbinders.  Has anyone else run into this?  Does anyone have any ideas for what else I can do to work around whatever is causing this to happen?

Thanks in advance.

Um *blush* i just downloaded this and installed it and in my OCD way i ran tes5edit and I got this

Removing: kof_yokeAA [ARMA:05025407]
Removing: [CELL:000099C4] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -1,-1)
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block -1, -1
Removing: GRUP Exterior Cell Block -1, -1
Removing: [REFR:00104773] (places XMarker [sTAT:0000003B] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 0,0))
Removing: GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 0,0)
Removing: [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 0,0)
Removing: Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]
Removing: GRUP Top "WRLD"
Removing: DA14Interior "Misty Grove" [CELL:0003D62B]
Removing: GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 3
Removing: GRUP Interior Cell Block 5
Removing: [REFR:00032AFB] (places XMarkerHeading [sTAT:00000034] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of QASmoke "Editor Smoke Test Cell" [CELL:00032AE7])
Removing: GRUP Cell Persistent Children of QASmoke "Editor Smoke Test Cell" [CELL:00032AE7]
Removing: QASmoke "Editor Smoke Test Cell" [CELL:00032AE7]
Removing: GRUP Interior Cell Sub-Block 9
Removing: zad_restrictiveCorset_scriptInstance [ARMO:05028F53]
[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 757, Removed Records: 17, Elapsed Time: 00:00

is it OK to remove these?

Hello,

I like the possibilities of the new version especially the time lock shield.

I suppose to make a small improvement that should not be too much complicated:

For the eli.. (? forgot the word) devices in MCM like armbinders etc, there is the possibility

to switch the time lock on or off.

Instead of this just replace the "checkbox" with a slider 0 to 100 percent and multiply

the generated random time with the factor resulting from the percentage value.

So percent 0 is equal to the existing off setting and percent 100 is equal to the existing on setting,

while it is also possible to have a less restrictive time shield.

Regards

Hello,

For the eli.. (? forgot the word) devices in MCM like armbinders etc, there is the possibility

Instead of this just replace the "checkbox" with a slider 0 to 100 percent and multiply

So percent 0 is equal to the existing off setting and percent 100 is equal to the existing on setting,

Regards

If I understand what you're asking for, you're saying that you'd like a slider to affect the lock shield duration on debilitating items, rather than just a toggle?

First, some history: When I initially wrote the code, I didn't exclude gags or blindfolds at all.  But, during testing, I came to the realisation that things could very quickly become frustrating for players if they were blind or unable to speak for days (it is a game, after all). Thus, I added the toggle for those devices only.  I briefly considered adding the ability to select which devices would be affected, but quickly discarded the idea, as people would ask why armbinders weren't included, or why this collar or that belt didn't seem to be affected (answer: Armbinders handle device removal differently than the basic devices, and we can't control the removal of devices other mods may supply).

Note, that while I wrote this bit of code, I am not a DDi maintainer, so this is not official.  Take the following for what it's worth (not much).

It would be trivial, in programmer terms, to change the removal code to check a % time for those devices, rather than a simple yes/no.  However, while I personally like the idea, I'm unconvinced that this would actually be the best course of action, for several reasons.  Adding more code complexity / additional time in a core part of the code not being the least of them.  A more interesting question is "Why do you want this feature?"

• You're saying that in-universe, it makes no sense to exclude these items. Well, you're right: that's what the toggle is for.
  • You're also saying that, from a game-play perspective, it's frustrating having these items enabled. Well, you're right: that's what the toggle is for.
  • However you're also arguing for a lesser penalty for a small subset of items, which seems like specious reasoning, as it conflicts with the previous two points.

Ultimately, while I love the idea, I am unconvinced that the change is actually in DDi's best interest.  However, if the maintainers deem otherwise, I could probably look at the code to make the required changes.

Hello,

Regards

If I understand what you're asking for, you're saying that you'd like a slider to affect the lock shield duration on debilitating items, rather than just a toggle?

First, some history: When I initially wrote the code, I didn't exclude gags or blindfolds at all.  But, during testing, I came to the realisation that things could very quickly become frustrating for players if they were blind or unable to speak for days (it is a game, after all). Thus, I added the toggle for those devices only.  I briefly considered adding the ability to select which devices would be affected, but quickly discarded the idea, as people would ask why armbinders weren't included, or why this collar or that belt didn't seem to be affected (answer: Armbinders handle device removal differently than the basic devices, and we can't control the removal of devices other mods may supply).

Note, that while I wrote this bit of code, I am not a DDi maintainer, so this is not official.  Take the following for what it's worth (not much).

It would be trivial, in programmer terms, to change the removal code to check a % time for those devices, rather than a simple yes/no.  However, while I personally like the idea, I'm unconvinced that this would actually be the best course of action, for several reasons.  Adding more code complexity / additional time in a core part of the code not being the least of them.  A more interesting question is "Why do you want this feature?"

• You're saying that in-universe, it makes no sense to exclude these items. Well, you're right: that's what the toggle is for.
  • You're also saying that, from a game-play perspective, it's frustrating having these items enabled. Well, you're right: that's what the toggle is for.
  • However you're also arguing for a lesser penalty for a small subset of items, which seems like specious reasoning, as it conflicts with the previous two points.

Ultimately, while I love the idea, I am unconvinced that the change is actually in DDi's best interest.  However, if the maintainers deem otherwise, I could probably look at the code to make the required changes.

This maintainer agrees. I think the mechanism is fine as is, at least for now.

I have a problem since i've upgraded from 2.9.1 to 3.1. When wearing an armbinder and doing some action with creatures*, animations will be overwritten every time, switching from creature-female to human-bound female, usually after stipping the armbinder and finishing the first stage. It does not matter if i deactivate overwrite in ZaZ, DDi, or both.

I downloaded and testet 2.9.2 too and there it still works just like in 2.9.1.

I'm not entirely sure that it's the same as Yunis problem here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/66827-armbinder-always-overrides-animations-even-if-override-animations-setting-turned-off/?p=1675602 in short: it also overwrites the animations for humans. Yuni, CPU and Xaz seem to be sure that it's a bug in ZaZ and i don't dare to disagree with them here, but they can't find the problem and since it didn't happen in earlier versions in my games, i think it's at least connected to DDi 3.1 somehow. 

Maybe one of the maintainers here an has an idea, with Xaz currently very busy atm, CPU tries to find the problem and provide a fix, i think he'd be glad if somebody has an enlightment and says "Oh sure, we changed this line, and now this thing should be handled different."

*Strange enough: not all creatures, and some not always, i've tested wolves, giants and mammoths so far. It broke every time for wolves (>5x), never for giants (>5x) and 3/5 for mammoths. 2 tests for the mammoths were even without armbinder, but with belt and gag and it changed the animation to ZaZboobjob anyways.

Probably doesn't matter, but to be accurate: arminders and gags where from dcul, belt from Shout like a virgin, and animations triggered by defeat.

Never mind,

it was only a proposal

- If you are using longer time settings for the time lock you must always disable the deli... tools otherwise your game is unplayable. So in this case the Checkbox is complete useless since must be off always, while with a small percent value it could be more interesting

Devious devices from other mods is a problem, which can't be solved. But this problem does not only exist with the devious devices. If you mix a lot of modules together you always must be aware to have interferences and unpredictable results, unless you checked all modules that are not part of skyrim itself.

This would be a nice job for Sisyphus.

I've not yet have a look at how the lock shield works, but i thought it is event based, so a little bit longer when opening the menue and trying to remove a devious item is already a critical action ? Come on

Anyway at the moment i do not know yet the programming mechanics and the achieved results for skyrim, but after some time i will be able to do it by myself, since i have more than 30 years experience in programming for industrial controls starting from assembler to high language.

Regards

I have a problem since i've upgraded from 2.9.1 to 3.1. When wearing an armbinder and doing some action with creatures*, animations will be overwritten every time, switching from creature-female to human-bound female, usually after stipping the armbinder and finishing the first stage. It does not matter if i deactivate overwrite in ZaZ, DDi, or both.

This bug is fixed in the current development repository. If you play with creatures a lot, you can download and try it.