I have a problem since i've upgraded from 2.9.1 to 3.1. When wearing an armbinder and doing some action with creatures*, animations will be overwritten every time, switching from creature-female to human-bound female, usually after stipping the armbinder and finishing the first stage. It does not matter if i deactivate overwrite in ZaZ, DDi, or both.

This bug is fixed in the current development repository. If you play with creatures a lot, you can download and try it.

Actually i'm trying to play CD and Shout like a virgin, it's your fault that i had to walk all the way through Skyrim all in pink and met all these creatues helpless. ;)

Thanks for fast response, though. Does this fix also change something for human-human? They get overwritten as well, but at least not totally broken.

*edit: but if you need somebody to test it, i'll be glad to help. :)

I have a problem since i've upgraded from 2.9.1 to 3.1. When wearing an armbinder and doing some action with creatures*, animations will be overwritten every time, switching from creature-female to human-bound female, usually after stipping the armbinder and finishing the first stage. It does not matter if i deactivate overwrite in ZaZ, DDi, or both.

This bug is fixed in the current development repository. If you play with creatures a lot, you can download and try it.

Actually i'm trying to play CD and Shout like a virgin, it's your fault that i had to walk all the way through Skyrim all in pink and met all these creatues helpless. ;)

Thanks for fast response, though. Does this fix also change something for human-human? They get overwritten as well, but at least not totally broken.

Animations will get overwritten only if they are otherwise invalid. E.g. involve vaginal sex if you're wearing a chastity belt. In this case DDI tries to find an animation that accounts for you being belted (e.g. a blowjob)

PS: DCL doesn't support animal creatures and doesn't trigger sex scenes involving them. I doubt it was my fault. :P

Animations will get overwritten only if they are otherwise invalid. E.g. involve vaginal sex if you're wearing a chastity belt. In this case DDI tries to find an animation that accounts for you being belted (e.g. a blowjob)

PS: DCL doesn't support animal creatures and doesn't trigger sex scenes involving them. I doubt it was my fault. :P

I'd appretiate if the option to toggle off overwrite would actually work and not decide for me, that the option is ignored is at least part of the problem imho.

And no, not that directly your fault... but you made me walking from Riften to Dawnstar in an armbinder, and there sexlab hit me and teleported me in the middle of a giant camp, still bound, hungry and slow. But i love this quest. :) 

I have added a MCM toggle to completely disable the filter in the newest dev build.

Thank you.  :heart:

*edit: i hope that wasn't too much work, after a few quick tests it seems that wasn't necessary.

Unchecking the "use bound animations" already works like this, at least for creatures i couldn't find a difference if i uncheck only them or both bound animations and your option, tested with open belt and your balloon head from rubber doll quest.

And for creatures + armbinder all settings are ignored, makes sense since there are no animations for creatures + armbinder anyways.

Only sexlab tools freaks out, once an animation started, the beltedDDSolo is the only option, no matter if in armbinder or not, again with open belt and balloon. But that#s not your concern i think. ;)

Anyways, thanks for the work again, i'm happy now. :)

Slight compatability issue with the Immersive First Person mod, gags are a bit too far out from the face when you have the mod on (you can look down and see the part of the gag that should be inside your mouth) and blindfolds... don't blind. All they do is make it so I can't move.

Speaking of which... is there a way to get myself out of such a bind? I can't 'wiggle' to free my arms to get to a key because I can't move. I'm honestly a bit stumped as to how to get out of this without just loading a save before I'm blindfolded.

Slight compatability issue with the Immersive First Person mod, gags are a bit too far out from the face when you have the mod on (you can look down and see the part of the gag that should be inside your mouth) and blindfolds... don't blind. All they do is make it so I can't move.

Speaking of which... is there a way to get myself out of such a bind? I can't 'wiggle' to free my arms to get to a key because I can't move. I'm honestly a bit stumped as to how to get out of this without just loading a save before I'm blindfolded.

About the blindfolds: I'm not familiar with the immersive first person mod, but does it by any chance work by actually using a third person camera and repositioning it so it appears you're seeing in first person? I got the feeling from seeing others discussing it in the past that might be the case. If so, the default blindfold mode for dd lets you see when in third person but does not let you move. When in first person you are blind but can move about. That might be what's happening - that dd recognises you as in third person.

Two things I would suggest trying:

- change the blindfold mode in the dd mcm. One of the other modes (I always use Leeches mode) may allow you to move and provide a blinding effect, or...

- I think there is actually an option in the mcm to select if you use the immersive first person mod. Did you select that? Try switching it either on or off and see if that helps.

About the blindfolds: I'm not familiar with the immersive first person mod, but does it by any chance work by actually using a third person camera and repositioning it so it appears you're seeing in first person? I got the feeling from seeing others discussing it in the past that might be the case. If so, the default blindfold mode for dd lets you see when in third person but does not let you move. When in first person you are blind but can move about. That might be what's happening - that dd recognises you as in third person.

Two things I would suggest trying:

- change the blindfold mode in the dd mcm. One of the other modes (I always use Leeches mode) may allow you to move and provide a blinding effect, or...

- I think there is actually an option in the mcm to select if you use the immersive first person mod. Did you select that? Try switching it either on or off and see if that helps.

Hm, I was a little annoyed (deviously helpless had triggered on about every person in the college, all of whom felt the need to add to my predicament) and thought it might be a bug so didn't look that hard in the mcm, I'll be sure to check when I get home from work.

i'm stuck in a kind of weird problem about 'the forbidden tomb'

when i arrive at the place(Alftand) zed have to be, 'aha! i think i see zed up ahead' pop up and quest proceed 'Look around for zed' to 'Approach zed'

but there is no zed around there even another marked location too. day or night that doesn't matter

it looks like he doesn't exist all the time. is there anyone have problem like this?

I didn't see this mentioned in the search I tried, but...

Wear an armbinding restraint (cuffs or binder) and pony boots (I tested the black ebonite ones) and you get no footstep sounds when moving.  Take of the arm restraint and the sounds are back.

Wear an armbinding restraint (cuffs or binder) and pony boots (I tested the black ebonite ones) and you get no footstep sounds when moving.  Take of the arm restraint and the sounds are back.

When you have the sounds going on, does your follower have his/her weapon out? Because so far it's been my experience with the boots that 'combat ready' makes the sounds appear and having 'weapons sheathed' makes them go away.

When you have the sounds going on, does your follower have his/her weapon out? Because so far it's been my experience with the boots that 'combat ready' makes the sounds appear and having 'weapons sheathed' makes them go away.

I have no follower.  And it's only in third-person view that it happens. I can also add the yoke to the list of items that causes a loss of footstep sounds.

So i've been having a wierd issue with plugs. For a while they work fine, but eventually, when I play a new save long enough, they stop working. Whenever I get the "Plugs are vibrating strongly enough" it immediately follows up with "the plugs have stopped" with nothing happening.

What do?

I have no follower.  And it's only in third-person view that it happens. I can also add the yoke to the list of items that causes a loss of footstep sounds.

In which case, are you in your aggressive stance or passive stance when you stop moving? Just easier to tell if you have a follower.

Not saying it's not a thing, I'm saying that when you're 'aggressive' the sounds appear, and when you relax, they disappear.

First, I want to express my gratitude for such awesome work done in this mod and so many others; which has really raised the bar in fun for me.

I am having a problem with Devious Devices, but not as in software issues, but more in how to use it effectively.

In the MCM, I can program the settings which is awesome. But in the Event & Effects section, there are settings that are no intuitively understandable to me. For instance, Armbinder Struggle Chance, what does it mean the lower it is the less a handicap in doing so, or the lesser my chances of doing so? Then I see Belted Empty Chance, what is that? Chance of my keys being removed when getting belted? Restraints + Armor event what is that?

Is there a place, a manual I can go and read-up on them?

Also in Hardcore mode, I just learned that certain keys were remapped, which makes a huge difference in using the mods and super-enjoying the game. For instance, using the TAB key in hardcore opens a menu box, and in it is the Struggle choice! You do not know, how hard I searched to stumble on that one, and then more blind research taught me that after an apparent partial success, I could do TAB and call for "take off"

Is there a place, a manual I can read-up on those too?

Once more, awesome work! and Thank you for making this magnificent modules.

Footstep sounds are embedded in specific animations so we will need you to be more specific. Which bound animation pack did you install and *exactly* what kinds of movement (walking forward? sprinting? running diagonally left-backwards in combat stance?) don't produce sound.

Footstep sounds are embedded in specific animations so we will need you to be more specific. Which bound animation pack did you install and *exactly* what kinds of movement (walking forward? sprinting? running diagonally left-backwards in combat stance?) don't produce sound.

I've noticed the missing footsteps at least on the armbinder sprint animation, I'm using the MaikCG pack if I recall.

As far as I can tell the animations are from DDi 3.1.  They feature an over-exaggerated hip sway and a slight hitch at every 2 steps.  I haven't tested anything other than running forward (not sprinting).  In 3rd person the footstep sounds are silent (the foot gear doesn't matter) for arms bound with either cuffs, armbinder or yoke (standard DD items).  As long as I use 1st person view all of the footstep sounds are as they should be.  I don't have any "pretty idle/walk replacer" mods loaded.

As far as I can tell the animations are from DDi 3.1.  They feature an over-exaggerated hip sway and a slight hitch at every 2 steps.  I haven't tested anything other than running forward (not sprinting).  In 3rd person the footstep sounds are silent (the foot gear doesn't matter) for arms bound with either cuffs, armbinder or yoke (standard DD items).  As long as I use 1st person view all of the footstep sounds are as they should be.  I don't have any "pretty idle/walk replacer" mods loaded.

That sounds like Cedec's variants but I need you to confirm that that is the pack you installed and see if other movement speeds/directions are affected too.

That sounds like Cedec's variants but I need you to confirm that that is the pack you installed and see if other movement speeds/directions are affected too.

I'm using the 00Core animation pack.  In all movement modes (walk, run, sprint, - forward, side or back) I get sound in first person and silence in third.  The jump animation has sound in both view modes.

Is there a difference between owning an object called something and the same object with the suffix "inventory"?

so

Zad_collarpostureSteel

and

Zad_collarPostureSteelInventory?

I'm guessing but the "Inventory" one is from DDI and the one without "Inventory" is from another collection?

OK I've just confused myself but yeah, I think that's what I meant

My guess is one goes on the player model, and the other is the 3D model shown in the inventory preview.

I should probably try to figure it out myself, and I did, mostly:

thing,

(thingx)

thingscriptinstance

thinginventory

are the same things with different tweaks.

I was hoping to use the exact right correct non deprecated ("No you didn't use *That* one") model,

so I chose "thinginventory"

and then I came here hoping for a confirmation (You have done well, grasshopper, etc) 

----

thingx would be from DDE (expansion)

My bottom line-goal is to have the same messages on "thing" that other mods have

"You put 'thing' on and it clicks shut forever, you maniac",

and stuff.

Some do, some do not.

But it's lots better I think than it was before I started using [whatever]inventory.

How do I make use of DDI to make devious devices block armor slots? 

For instance to make chastity devices, harnesses and posture collars block armor, arm cuffs block gauntlets, leg cuffs block boots etc?

I'm running Deviously Cursed Loot, but most of the time equipped devices are hidden under armor plus ther isn't any real reason not to wear armor with them as that would be gimping my character.

I'm using the 00Core animation pack.  In all movement modes (walk, run, sprint, - forward, side or back) I get sound in first person and silence in third.  The jump animation has sound in both view modes.

One of the additional components (01 Feuertin or 01 MaikCG) mandatory for installation, they were created to fix the core :D