Just letting everyone know, I've spent the last 2 days debugging yet another problem due to the new hidden undies system.  I can now say, I HATE that system.

A few weeks ago I ran into the problem where Dual Sheath Redux would not work for me.  It worked for EVERYONE else, just not me.  Low and behold, it was this mod's new hidden undies taking up slot 60.  I begged the OP to put a WARNING on the front page.  I can see, none has been added.  I had a post up on the nexus forums and when I figured it out, I let others know.  I have received a lot of mail about this mod, messing up DSR's default use of slot 60 wit this mod's use of slot 60.

So, new problem. I had switched it to slot 61.  Afterall, it doesn't show any relevant use in the Devious Devices MCM menu.  I was so WRONG!!  I have spent 2 days trying to figure out why my level 50+ character (who I almost deleted) did not get the glowing armor from "Dragon Aspect" shout from Dragonborn DLC.  Guess what?  It's slot 61.

GAH  

I hate the hidden undies.  I'd remove the mod if so many other mods didn't rely on it.  Going to load up my level 50 character (who I almost deleted because I had decided it must be a corrupted save) and see if I can somehow disable the hidden undies.  It was a horrible idea to make it slot 60 by default, and to not mention the sick bug with the dragon aspect shout.  

I wouldn't be so irate, except I had strongly suggested once, already, that a warning be put up about a conflict with Dual Sheath Redux (unless the user changes the slot # on DSR or DD).

I apologize if I have angered anyone.  Just letting ya'll know, that there is some serious hidden conflicts with the hidden undies.

Can anyone share any possible commands to disable the belt and forward/ complete the Zed quest line?  Mod is too big a pita and just want to get past it.  Long story short, I would be going way too far back for a save prior to starting it and mine is bugged.   Any help is appreciated..

Just letting everyone know, I've spent the last 2 days debugging yet another problem due to the new hidden undies system.  I can now say, I HATE that system.

A few weeks ago I ran into the problem where Dual Sheath Redux would not work for me.  It worked for EVERYONE else, just not me.  Low and behold, it was this mod's new hidden undies taking up slot 60.  I begged the OP to put a WARNING on the front page.  I can see, none has been added.  I had a post up on the nexus forums and when I figured it out, I let others know.  I have received a lot of mail about this mod, messing up DSR's default use of slot 60 wit this mod's use of slot 60.

So, new problem. I had switched it to slot 61.  Afterall, it doesn't show any relevant use in the Devious Devices MCM menu.  I was so WRONG!!  I have spent 2 days trying to figure out why my level 50+ character (who I almost deleted) did not get the glowing armor from "Dragon Aspect" shout from Dragonborn DLC.  Guess what?  It's slot 61.

GAH  

I hate the hidden undies.  I'd remove the mod if so many other mods didn't rely on it.  Going to load up my level 50 character (who I almost deleted because I had decided it must be a corrupted save) and see if I can somehow disable the hidden undies.  It was a horrible idea to make it slot 60 by default, and to not mention the sick bug with the dragon aspect shout.  

I wouldn't be so irate, except I had strongly suggested once, already, that a warning be put up about a conflict with Dual Sheath Redux (unless the user changes the slot # on DSR or DD).

I apologize if I have angered anyone.  Just letting ya'll know, that there is some serious hidden conflicts with the hidden undies.

Some slot conflicts are inevitable, given the number of limited slots available to us in Skyrim. There are no unused slots. 60 was the best fit for the feature. If you used custom armors, they would conflict with the other items added by this mod as well. You admittedly caused the problem you experienced, by changing the slot to a slot used by something else (61, in this case). Thus -you- caused the problem that you are ranting about, by being too stupid to look up / understand the ramifications of the change you made.

"stopQuest zadDevicesUnderneathQuest" will stop the device hider from functioning. Failing that, feel free to uninstall the mod if you wish. Take your irate whining/bitching elsewhere.

Hi,

would it be possible to add a "disable" option for the "devices underneath" feature? It's just I don't like being forced to give up a slot.

Could it be enough to set the bool Property DevicesUnderneathEnabled to "False" or is it essential to keep it enabled for the mod to work?

Thank you

There are a few new device types in the works (Nipple piercings, in particular) that look awful if the system isn't enabled, and armor is worn. I can/will make the system optional though in a future release though.

Now that a few mods are adding dialogue options for removing armbinders or add extra features if you happen to be wearing one, it would be cool to see struggle-proof armbinders. However, I really like watching the struggle animation, so I thought of an alternative that allows for the best of both worlds.

Right now when you struggle X times a popup tells you the armbinder feels loose and you can remove it. What if some armbinders gave you a popup that instead says something like this, "After numerous tries you realize struggling isn't getting you anywhere. You won't be able to get free by yourself." At that point the armbinder will be permanent.

That way you still have the incentive to struggle against any armbinder you get, but sometimes it won't work and you have to go seek help.

I'm not sure if this is the pervue of a new mod or if it would make sense to add to integration, but I wanted to get the idea out there.

^ Dito. :)

I like armbinder, but I would like to see more situations where character can't get relesed on her own.

My settings for armbinder and hardcore escape from Submit (DD+FF) are 50/50, because I kind of like both ideas.

It just sometimes seems a bit silly, that characters are unable to get out of few leathers straps arond their wrists, but manage to struggle their way out of each armbined. :D

Indeed: The logic behind the armbinder being escapable in the first-place is to avoid imposing too heavily on the user's game experience. The armbinder can optionally be set to be inescapable, at whomever equipped it's discretion: There are a few mods that take advantage of this feature (Captured Dreams does so, off the top of my head).

I found some script errors in last version.

Noted, thanks (Though that particular proposed change doesn't account for creature animations, and thus is bugged itself :P). Will be fixed for next release.

I'm getting a small bug with armbinders. Does this not work on npc ?? somehow npc will still be able to move with invisible hand even though they should keep there hands behind there back. So it looks like the armbinder is not initiating correctly when used on npc.

Can anyone share any possible commands to disable the belt and forward/ complete the Zed quest line?  Mod is too big a pita and just want to get past it.  Long story short, I would be going way too far back for a save prior to starting it and mine is bugged.   Any help is appreciated..

You can use

player.placeatme 100012C5

This will summon the guy you need to talk to. Talk to him. Then:

player.additem 1000595B

player.additem 10005963

player.additem 10005964

Talk to him again. Finish the quest in winterhold.

I'm getting a small bug with armbinders. Does this not work on npc ?? somehow npc will still be able to move with invisible hand even though they should keep there hands behind there back. So it looks like the armbinder is not initiating correctly when used on npc.

Assuming you're running the latest version, it should indeed work on NPC's. Post a copy of your log in which it doesn't work properly for you, and I'll take a look.

You can use

player.placeatme 100012C5

This will summon the guy you need to talk to. Talk to him. Then:

player.additem 1000595B

player.additem 10005963

player.additem 10005964

Talk to him again. Finish the quest in winterhold.

Thanks for the help.

Assuming you're running the latest version, it should indeed work on NPC's. Post a copy of your log in which it doesn't work properly for you, and I'll take a look.

If you mean their hands come out while they're running, I see this too, but I don't think there's anything Min can do about it. It seems to be part of the game system at a fairly low level.

If you mean their hands stay out after they run, you need to upgrade SexLab to version 1.58b

i was using 1.57 i will try upgrading to the latest one see if it is still occurring.

If you mean their hands stay out after they run,

Yes this was happening that is why i thought it was not working. Because the hands don't stay behind and turns invisible when moving out of the armbinder.

I'm playing with Defeat + Devious Captures right now, and was running around as a werewolf and got pulled out of form by plain getting my ass kicked. Anyway, Defeat does its thing, then DC triggers too and I get a harness. Blablabla, I run away, transform back into werewolf form and kick remaining asses and then eventually revert. Not using any werewolf mods right now. Anyway, once I'm back in regular form, inventory says harness is still equipped, and it is, but body shows no sign of it. Maybe the equipment hider could be modified to apply the mesh on transformation end too?

So, I'm not seeing Devious Devices anywhere in my MCM.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, messed with mod order (using some suggestions I found searching this thread), and nothing.  I can make the items fine, I found the book that tells you about them, but I can't utilize them or get the quest, and I think that's linked to not seeing it anywhere in Mod Configuration Menu.  What did I mess up?

The MCM menu is vital, DD does not work right at all if that does not register.

How many MCM enabled mods are you using? That's the one thing that springs to my mind right now, if you've got a lot of them and they are all trying to register at the same time on a new game start, then sometimes things do get lost in the rushhour initialization traffic.

You could try starting again with a few of them disabled, so there's fewer mods fighting to all get noticed and started, and then enable the rest after a save. 

Devious Devices is the only MCM menu that I have a problems with. It fails to appear almost every time, when I try to make a new game. This is equally true now as it was before changes that were done to it's loading.

However, it usually only fails once. When I exit from the game, go back and try to make a new game again, then it appears normally.

All other menus load normally. I have tried to troubleshoot this on my own, but I thought it was worth mention now that it came up.

It is not big deal for a patient man. Just restart the game and go make some coffee. :)

But it is quite strange.

Ah.  I did get the menu after starting a new game, but there's another odd flaw.  Devious Devices makes the Prisoner Cart at the beginning travel on it's side.  I noticed this before, but this time it was so bad the prisoners with me were stuck behind a fence and couldn't get to the chopping block.  Had to disable the mod, start a new game, then enable it when I got to Riverwood.

Still having some issues with save files not wanting to load (either an infinite load screen or CTD on load), but I'm not sure if that's specifically this mod, a combination of mods, or just my damnable luck.

Similar as the original poster, I have trouble with MCM recognizing and loading the DD mod. While starting a new game does make it show up in the list, loading an older one has Devious Devices remain tellingly absent. Am I doomed to only being able to explore this devious content with a new game, or is there some way to get MCM an extra prod so I don't have to abandon or leave behind my existing character?

is there a way Or can you add a feature for it to - increase the font size of the belt and collar messages that come up in the left corner about the refined posture or the  vibes getting powerful, seems not all of those messages are the same size, some get a decent large size, some its slightly smaller, like a medium of the 3, while the 3rd font size used by these messages is too small to read without getting really close to the screen and end up missing the message as a result

Similar as the original poster, I have trouble with MCM recognizing and loading the DD mod. While starting a new game does make it show up in the list, loading an older one has Devious Devices remain tellingly absent. Am I doomed to only being able to explore this devious content with a new game, or is there some way to get MCM an extra prod so I don't have to abandon or leave behind my existing character?

Try typing..

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

..into the console, and it should promt SkyUI to rescan for MCM enabled mods, and will hopefully help you.

is there a way Or can you add a feature for it to - increase the font size of the belt and collar messages that come up in the left corner about the refined posture or the  vibes getting powerful, seems not all of those messages are the same size, some get a decent large size, some its slightly smaller, like a medium of the 3, while the 3rd font size used by these messages is too small to read without getting really close to the screen and end up missing the message as a result

Sadly no. How long the text stays, and how small the font gets (this is auto selected depending on how long the string of text is) is entirely controlled by Skyrim, and i belive at engine-level, which means there's really not much that can be done about it.

Sadly no. How long the text stays, and how small the font gets (this is auto selected depending on how long the string of text is) is entirely controlled by Skyrim, and i belive at engine-level, which means there's really not much that can be done about it.

Could the long text lines not be split and sent separately to screen, that would at least increase the font size for each line. They would of course scroll down but they would be more readable

Could the long text lines not be split and sent separately to screen, that would at least increase the font size for each line. They would of course scroll down but they would be more readable

Don't look at me, i'm more an assets guys than a programmer. I'm guessing such a thing would be possible though, but the real question is how many more more lines of code would have to be parsed to do it, and would it be worth that? That i honestly don't know. 

Indeed, such a thing would be doable without too much effort. I'd just need to write a wrapper around the relevant notification functions. I'll likely do so for a future release.

Try typing..

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

..into the console, and it should promt SkyUI to rescan for MCM enabled mods, and will hopefully help you.

While this does make MCM register all mod menus again, Devious Devices remains missing, buggery! Even after loading a new game where Devious Devices did load.

Thanks for the help and timely response though, it's much appreciated!

Edit: I should mention, it's only DD that appears to be suffering from missing from MCM, adding another mod that uses MCM does get it's menu registered, but not DD.