There is no separate Integration MCM menu, look in the General section of Devious Devices.

The entire "Devious Devices" menu is provided by Integration.

There is no separate Integration MCM menu, look in the General section of Devious Devices.

No Devious Devices tab appears (I know that there is only one).

What I have tried is to register the animations from an older save of a different character and don't ask me why, it now works when starting a new game. Though the new character that had the problem still doesn't work but being new I don't mind to delete.

Weird problem though.

Edit: It gets weirder, after closing Skyrim I started it again and at new game, the same problem, no MCM menu registered, no nothing. but if I register animations from another save (that already had DD) and I start a new game without closing Skyrim everything works flawlessly.

Thanks for your time.

If you want help troubleshooting, please upload a complete copy of your Papyrus.0.log (as an zip/rar/7z/etc'ed attachment) in which you reproduce the problem you're experiencing, as well as a complete copy of your load order.

Btw, registering animations has nothing to do with the MCM menu displaying/not.

Hi again, after telling me to display the log and the load order, I wanted to have the minimal set of mods to make it easier to find the problem. Thinking about the first mod one sees (RaceMenu) I have uninstalled it and everything worked fine.

To make sure it was the problem, I activated it again and NMM put it the last in the load order (while LOOT put it in the middle) and things kept working.

I guess it was a problem with Racemenu load order (even though LOOT assigned it another position).

Thanks again and let's hope everything goes fine from now on.

Did you click on "Register Animations" in the MCM menu, then save and reload?

Also, the updated training plug is evil. Now it wont even let you use magic.

Yeah, it's pretty much a "Shock collar" for mages :P.

Sometimes I'm wondering how it can be so good to not being able to do anything, with all this stuff equipped. I mean more difficulty is ok, but not being able to do anything... ? Being killed or enslaved because the plug triggers during a fight... It can be funny once or twice but... All the time until you've found a way to get rid of it ? What's the point ?

Sometimes I'm wondering how it can be so good to not being able to do anything, with all this stuff equipped. I mean more difficulty is ok, but not being able to do anything... ? Being killed or enslaved because the plug triggers during a fight... It can be funny once or twice but... All the time until you've found a way to get rid of it ? What's the point ?

"Magic can be quite dangerous. Particularly, to a master if his slave has a foul temperament regarding her situation".

That plug was something that I added for my own usage, for a specific character. I did a LADL start with it, under the RP that my character had lashed out at her master with magic at some point before her escape, and was penalized with that plug (As the name suggests, as a training measure to not use her magic without permission).

It's meant to be a rather deabilitating device (Though, that particular character at least had archery to also fall back on). One of the first things that character did, was visit Captured Dreams to get some help getting sprung from the devices (After receiving the flier at level 2, and saving up enough gold (Which took a fair bit of time, haha)).

"Magic can be quite dangerous. Particularly, to a master if his slave has a foul temperament regarding her situation".

That plug was something that I added for my own usage, for a specific character. I did a LADL start with it, under the RP that my character had lashed out at her master with magic at some point before her escape, and was penalized with that plug (As the name suggests, as a training measure to not use her magic without permission).

It's meant to be a rather deabilitating device (Though, that particular character at least had archery to also fall back on). One of the first things that character did, was visit Captured Dreams to get some help getting sprung from the devices.

Thanks, I guess this is a kind of explanation, now I'm wondering why all these mods aren't already merged to make the Ultimate Devious Mod as it looks like every Devious mod is useful for another to work correctly and give the player more choices and challenges. A Ultimate Devious Mod would make a must-have all-in-one mod ! With the right MCM and the right options it would be a fully devious experience without compatibility checking, several mod downloading and all these .esp files !

It's meant to be a rather deabilitating device (Though, that particular character at least had archery to also fall back on). One of the first things that character did, was visit Captured Dreams to get some help getting sprung from the devices.

Thanks, I guess this is a kind of explanation, now I'm wondering why all these mods aren't already merged to make the Ultimate Devious Mod as it looks like every Devious mod is useful for another to work correctly and give the player more choices and challenges. A Ultimate Devious Mod would make a must-have all-in-one mod !

Assets / Integration are the framework that all other Devious mods are built upon. None of the other Devious mods require eachother to function.

Thanks, I guess this is a kind of explanation, now I'm wondering why all these mods aren't already merged to make the Ultimate Devious Mod as it looks like every Devious mod is useful for another to work correctly and give the player more choices and challenges. A Ultimate Devious Mod would make a must-have all-in-one mod !

Assets / Integration are the framework that all other Devious mods are built upon. None of the other Devious mods require eachother to function.

I know, this was not what I was saying.

I know they are the devious frameworks all other devious mods are based on, but as there is now more than 10+ mods using these frameworks, wouldn't it be a good idea to begin merging some ? Like Assets+ Integration, LADL + Captured Dreams Shop + Deviously Helpless, or some other merges making the mods more than just plugins but actually full new experiences ? Without having to check compatibility, downloads, etc.

I know they are the devious frameworks all other devious mods are based on, but as there is now more than 10+ mods using these frameworks, wouldn't it be a good idea to begin merging some ? Like Assets+ Integration, LADL + Captured Dreams Shop + Deviously Helpless, or some other merges making the mods more than just plugins but actually full new experiences ? Without having to check compatibility, downloads, etc.

Personally I don't think this is a good idea as not everyone will want LADL (which has it's own set of requirements LAL versions etc) or necessarily want Captured Dreams or the other mods.

Merging the framework with the playable mods would be too restricting IMV both for players and for modders

Keep in mind that most of these mods are maintained by different authors, all of which have different skills, tastes and expectations towards the game. Unifying these aspects is not always practical or feasible.

That is kinda an awful idea ^^ If you look at those mods you'll see many of them are made by different authors, have different dependencies, struggle with their own bugs, update at different rates and offer different things that not every user may like. If you know how to merge plugins you're free to do it by yourself but from a development standpoint it's an awful idea, very inconvenient and a little pointless.

AAAAA! I'm surrounded by ninjas! XD

Think the authors already do enough with making the mods/content myself and I would also say if a user is unwilling to spend a bit of time learning how to install them (which is relevant to all non-steam workshop mods) then perhaps they should stay away from using mods

Each of the mods is different and while i think I've tried them all there are some i've kept and some i've not (devious devices regulations for example while the mod idea is sound and well done I just find it a step to far as I doubt any women would join any military) so even if you did make the master mod you'd then need a way to deactivate parts for user choice

All to save what eventually becomes 3-4 minutes of install time at max when you've become familiar with installing mods.

I understand what you guys are saying ! I know this community is full of different skills, tastes and expectations.

But I still believe some mods could be merged, because sometimes if you use one and another which are based on the frameworks but are not fully compatible between each other, there are some issues and most modders don't give enough informations about their mods, this lack of information/feedback results in very frustrating situations like the one I remember : stuck with a blindfold during all game ! This is nonsense and will result in a lot of people giving up on mods which are awesome ! Just because one issue ! I think it shouldn't happen, and maybe some merged devious mods would help these issues to be managed. At least to be less annoying !

And please, tell players in OP/Description how to uninstall your mod so clean saves can be made, there is nothing more annoying than uninstalling a mod and having issues because it was not done well.

I understand what you guys are saying ! I know this community is full of different skills, tastes and expectations.

But I still believe some mods could be merged, because sometimes if you use one and another which are based on the frameworks but are not fully compatible between each other, there are some issues and most modders don't give enough informations about their mods, this lack of information/feedback results in very frustrating situations like the one I remember : stuck with a blindfold during all game ! This is nonsense and will result in a lot of people giving up on mods which are awesome ! Just because one issue ! I think it shouldn't happen, and maybe some merged devious mods would help these issues to be managed. At least to be less annoying !

And please, tell players in OP/Description how to uninstall your mod so clean saves can be made, there is nothing more annoying than uninstalling a mod and having issues because it was not done well.

You might have seen this but... http://www.loverslab.com/topic/26468-guide-want-a-ctd-free-and-blistering-fast-skyrim-game-here-you-go/

Which makes this point

LASTLY - Remember - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "CLEAN SAVING" I CAN NOT STRESS this enough. If you don't "believe" me, ask the creator of Papyrus on the beth forums or ask Arthmoor over @AFK mods or Nexus. It simply DOES NOT EXIST in Skyrim.

So the only truely reliable way is to return to a point from before you installed the mod

@dje34, This is quoted from Arthmoor (Unofficial Skyrim Patch project leader) from the posts section of USKP page at Nexus

There is no such thing as a clean save. It does not matter who tells you there is, it doesn't exist in Skyrim. You cannot remove any mod, not even the patch, without there being some data that's been permanently changed. Doing this repeatedly WILL damage your save and WILL eventually lead to it becoming corrupt and unusable. Bethesda's own developers have confirmed the only way to properly remove a mod is to load a save made BEFORE that mod was introduced into the game. If you started a new game with 10 mods installed, you're going to be stuck with those 10 forever.

I also suggest you read this Thread and at least try to comprehend what is posted -

http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/3676-skyrim-information-baked-into-saves/

Save game script cleaner helps somewhat with this problem. I do regular sweeps for my (properly backupped) save files. It does not entirely make the problems with old scripts go away, but is quite handy tool to clean orphan scripts from updated mods.

I never remove any mods during gameplay - except textures and similar files, so my experience comes purely from update process.

can anyone give a hint why all (?) Event registrations fail?

It's an upgrade from Integration 2.7.5 to 2.7.6 (both direct upgrade and complete removal of anything DD related, then reload only Integration+Extensions and Assets - with and without cleaning of the save).

No matter what combination, it always fails :(

Do I have to start a new game again to use the 2.7.6 version?

Papyrus does not provide additional information apart from stating what the ingame dialog states...

apologies if that is a stupid question but I have not found any info on this in this thread or of Assets

It's an upgrade from Integration 2.7.5 to 2.7.6 (both direct upgrade and complete removal of anything DD related, then reload only Integration+Extensions and Assets - with and without cleaning of the save).

Papyrus does not provide additional information apart from stating what the ingame dialog states...

apologies if that is a stupid question but I have not found any info on this in this thread or of Assets

Create a save and then reload it, as per the installation instructions.

@Min

This is just pure curiosity but did the Forbidden Tome quests change at all in the latest update. The reason I ask is that last night I got the

Mzinchaleft Depths

location a second time in a row (which is extremely challenging for a level 8 character) since the upgrade, or was it just bad luck?

Create a save and then reload it, as per the installation instructions.

I did, several times.... uhm, now, after the third save after the error messages it seems I see corresponding entries in papyrus. I thought I should see entries in the MCM menue in the Events  list (still showing 0 but probably just because atm my char is not wearing anything).

sorry, guess I mixed things up here.

thanks for the help.

I have a request. I always keep keys of the Devious Devices I carry. Basically as a panic button in case something goes wrong (glitches/bugs or just terminal boredom). However, other mods begin more and more to add custom keyed versions of devious items. And those keys aren't always obtainable (even through console commands I can not find the ID for all of them). 

I propose a panic button in the MCM menu. Unequip all Devious Devices. 

I have a request. I always keep keys of the Devious Devices I carry. Basically as a panic button in case something goes wrong (glitches/bugs or just terminal boredom). However, other mods begin more and more to add custom keyed versions of devious items. And those keys aren't always obtainable (even through console commands I can not find the ID for all of them). 

I propose a panic button in the MCM menu. Unequip all Devious Devices. 

I could second this; I've had at least one device get unsynced (usually gags for  some reason) that I cannot remove but nor can I equip any others to the slot several times during play here and there.  You could even call it "Safeword", hehe.

I've been having a problem with installation. I get everyhting in working order, except that nothing actually shows up on my character or any npcs that ived equipped items to. The only thing that seems to be a problem on my end is the DD esp will somtimes indicate that it needs reactavation when it's already active and nothing has been changed, and that i'll randomly get error messages that my SKSE needs to be updated to a least version seven and that skyrim needs to be loaded from it, even though im using 1.9.32, and only load using the SKSE loader. Iv'e been stuck on this for a lot longer than i should have, any idea what im doing wrong here?

I've been having a problem with installation. I get everyhting in working order, except that nothing actually shows up on my character or any npcs that ived equipped items to. The only thing that seems to be a problem on my end is the DD esp will somtimes indicate that it needs reactavation when it's already active and nothing has been changed, and that i'll randomly get error messages that my SKSE needs to be updated to a least version seven and that skyrim needs to be loaded from it, even though im using 1.9.32, and only load using the SKSE loader. Iv'e been stuck on this for a lot longer than i should have, any idea what im doing wrong here?

The latest SKSE version is 1.7, you're looking at the Skyrim version which is 1.9.32.

I did, several times.... uhm, now, after the third save after the error messages it seems I see corresponding entries in papyrus. I thought I should see entries in the MCM menue in the Events  list (still showing 0 but probably just because atm my char is not wearing anything).

sorry, guess I mixed things up here.

thanks for the help.

No, the events will register regardless of what you're wearing.

If you want help troubleshooting, please upload a complete copy of your Papyrus.0.log (as an zip/rar/7z/etc'ed attachment) in which you reproduce the problem you're experiencing, as well as a complete copy of your load order.