13 hours ago, blerg223 said:

May I ask for more customization options with features like Free Use and such?

What other options exactly do you think they could benefit from?

Keep that in mind though - None of these features on offer were intended to be extensively customizable. My intention with them is to offer a solid base functionality of exactly what their titles say, and if you want a more elaborate or intricate implementation of them, you'd look for a mod that does exactly that and easily disable the relevant part in my mod.

Edited by Taki17
9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

What other options exactly do you think they could benefit from?

Keep that in mind though - None of these features on offer were intended to be extensively customizable. My intention with them is to offer a solid base functionality of exactly what their titles say, and if you want a more elaborate or intricate implementation of them, you'd look for a mod that does exactly that and easily disable the relevant part in my mod.

Hi, I guess just simple options like Free Use enabled only when naked or wearing devices would be amazing to have, nothing too complex.

On 5/9/2023 at 5:59 AM, blerg223 said:

Free Use enabled only when naked or wearing devices would be amazing to have

I'll think about it. As of right now, I'm quite happy with the current sliding increase implementation for chances.

20 hours ago, badbat111 said:

the bondage offer doesnt work for me i stand around talk to npcs no devices equiped but they still dont do bondage offer even when slider was set tp 100%

For a bondage offer to trigger, the following conditions need to be met:

• The mod should not be in suspended state - if no other events happen either, toggle the "Suspend Mod Events" option on and off again in the config menu. This is an equivalent of a "dhlp-suspend" event followed by a "dhlp-resume" event, which will set the suspended state variable properly and will allow events to happen again.
  • The arousal of the NPC needs to be at least or higher than the value you set for your Arousal Threshold in the config menu
  • The NPC you are expecting the offer from is not your follower
  • The NPC you are expecting the offer from is not a member of the zadDisableDialogue faction - most quest NPCs from DD-based mods like Deviously Cursed Loot or Laura's Bondage Shop etc. are members of this faction
  • Restraint comments should not be currently on cooldown

If the issue still persists, enable logging and post a log from the time of your issue.

Edited by Taki17

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I read the mod description when you first released it and was greatly looking forward to it. I waited though, partly to see if people had issues, partly because I'm kind of an idiot with a sometimes unstable game (usually caused by adding mods that are still beta, etc). I eventually did add this mod, and it has been working flawlessly. I love that you kept it simple and straightforward, but still have plenty of options to turn on/off or adjust sliders. I'm a huge fan of Laura's, and love that your mod pairs so nicely with it. Really well done!

Oh, and you're also very responsive to people with questions here, another big plus. 

Overall score is 69 out of 10.  ?

I'm happy to hear you are liking the mod!

A question though, because this had me curious:

14 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

I'm a huge fan of Laura's, and love that your mod pairs so nicely with it. Really well done!

Is there any particular aspect aside from the references that makes the two mods pair well?

9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

I'm happy to hear you are liking the mod!

A question though, because this had me curious:

Is there any particular aspect aside from the references that makes the two mods pair well?

It's more the playability and the theme that these 2 mods have. If someone enjoys either of these, then it's a slam dunk they will like the other as well. 

They both fit with any of the characters I've played. Yes, I'm somewhat twisted, but aren't we all here? ? Quite happily so! 

15 hours ago, Slagblah said:

as soon as a dhlp-resume event is received, all Mod Events will resume, despite the the MCM checkbox still being checked.

Well, fuck. That's oversight, if there is any. Will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.

On 5/9/2023 at 8:54 PM, badbat111 said:

the bondage offer doesnt work for me i stand around talk to npcs no devices equiped but they still dont do bondage offer even when slider was set tp 100%

I had similar symptoms and for me the cause was my arousal mod.

I am on SE and using OSLAroused.
When I just normally walked up to an NPC nothing would happen. If I press the "display arousal" key on that NPC, the arousal of that NPC gets displayed, but obviously in the backend of that mod more than that is happening, because after pressing the "show arousal" key the bondage offer event will trigger flawlessly. 

So your issue is almost assuredly not really with this mod here, but with how/if your arousal mod has an arousal value assigned to the NPC in question. If your arousal mod has not assigned an arousal value to said NPC, Devious Interest never fires the bondage offer even if you set the threshold to zero. 

6 hours ago, F0xiiNat0r said:

For some reason even after a "engage locks" dialogue event and it saying "manipulated locks have been engaged" or something like that in the top left, I can still take the devices off without issue?

I'm gonna investigate this and see what can be done to address it. Will get back to you if there is a workaround or more info is required.

12 hours ago, Eisenkocher said:

I had similar symptoms and for me the cause was my arousal mod.

I am on SE and using OSLAroused.
When I just normally walked up to an NPC nothing would happen. If I press the "display arousal" key on that NPC, the arousal of that NPC gets displayed, but obviously in the backend of that mod more than that is happening, because after pressing the "show arousal" key the bondage offer event will trigger flawlessly. 

Let's preface this by sying that I'm not particularly familiar with the Sexlab Aroused alternatives. If you or anyone else knows more about their internals I'd welcome more information. Even though I officially support Sexlab Aroused Redux as listed in DD's own requirements, if there are reasonable changes to be made to facilitate compatibility with other alternatives, I wouldn't ignore that just out of principle.

So far what I'm seeing from your post is: that OSLAroused does not set the faction rank of actors that represent their arousal until its prompted?

On 5/8/2023 at 10:59 PM, blerg223 said:

Hi, I guess just simple options like Free Use enabled only when naked or wearing devices would be amazing to have, nothing too complex.

Just quoting you so you'll read what's below. :classic_smile:

On 5/10/2023 at 9:51 AM, Taki17 said:

I'll think about it. As of right now, I'm quite happy with the current sliding increase implementation for chances.

Change one thing - (see below.) After you rejected my request to add a condition to Free Use, I did some pretty extensive testing by constantly checking arousal changes in NPCs while I was playing for... hours. Days, actually. I promise I didn't play for more than a few hours at a time, honest!

If you have "Require Line of Sight for Arousal"  enabled in SLA, it turns out individual NPCs really aren't looking at you all that often. Adding "Require Naked Actors to Change Arousal" or substituting it makes it even more rare for an SLA arousal increase. What that means in practice is that NPC-based actions in DIN can be made something like exponentially more rare by simply increasing the "Arousal Threshold" option in DIN. Changing 25 to 30 makes NPC-based actions less common, 40 makes them rare, and 50 makes them a genuine surprise.

I suspect a lot of us have played with DCL and are used to the default primary influence being player arousal, not NPC arousal. For people who want to roughly replicate that system, use "Arousal Multiplier" along with higher "Arousal Threshold" in DIN, along with previously mentioned settings in whatever version of SLA you're running.

Hopefully that helps some people. :classic_smile:

Edit: Okay, after having to tap the "Move Scene Location" key in SL for the Nth time, I'm going to say, with no uncertainty, that a 2s delay on SL scenes, especially "Free Use" scenes, is pretty high priority.

Just to place further emphasis on this, once a mod triggers a SL scene, it's pretty much inescapable. The worst possible outcome, where the player triggers a door and transits a cell, will do one of two things: execute the animation in the new location, or cancel the animation after a predetermined period of time (only if actor teleportation is disabled in SL). I'm going to make a very mundane statement and say that an overwhelming number of players walk on the grass. That's to say they take short routes to objectives (merchants, quest markers, specific NPCs, etc.) and constantly cut across locations that are bad for animations.

Now, it goes as so:

• Players use SL so they can view sexual interactions between their character and NPCs.
  • DIN creates interactions players want to see, or they would not have installed it.
  • Rather than avoid sudden interactions, players would instead want those interactions to occur in better locations that don't cost them an extra 15s of time.

What I'm asking for is a reasonable delay for people who use your mod as intended. If, for example, you're about to get fucked near the stairs down toward Cidnha Mine in Markarth, you have a precious few seconds to find a new position before it happens so you don't have to use SL to adjust it. If others don't use this mod as intended? Ignore them. They're the assholes. They don't matter.

I'll shut up now. :classic_smile:

Edited by SkyAddiction

If you haven't allowed for this already, I suggest that when a player requests assistance from an NPC to free her, that the NPC's response is configurable based on his/her relationship to the player. E.g., I should think a friend, and especially a follower or spouse, would be more likely to assist the player and less likely to do something nasty than an acquaintance or a stranger.

On 5/15/2023 at 5:33 AM, F0xiiNat0r said:

For some reason even after a "engage locks" dialogue event and it saying "manipulated locks have been engaged" or something like that in the top left, I can still take the devices off without issue?

I was unable to reproduce this issue. If you have more information to share, please do - type of restraint, log, exact circumstances, etc.

8 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

Edit: Okay, after having to tap the "Move Scene Location" key in SL for the Nth time, I'm going to say, with no uncertainty, that a 2s delay on SL scenes, especially "Free Use" scenes, is pretty high priority.

Just to place further emphasis on this, once a mod triggers a SL scene, it's pretty much inescapable. The worst possible outcome, where the player triggers a door and transits a cell, will do one of two things: execute the animation in the new location, or cancel the animation after a predetermined period of time (only if actor teleportation is disabled in SL). I'm going to make a very mundane statement and say that an overwhelming number of players walk on the grass. That's to say they take short routes to objectives (merchants, quest markers, specific NPCs, etc.) and constantly cut across locations that are bad for animations.

The current disabling of player controls when the event happens is there to prevent exactly that - any unintended consequences that'd interrupt or force the scene to abort, like changing cells or initiating dialogue and so on. If the side effect of this is sometimes terrain clipping during animations, it's something I'm willing to take in exchange for robustness.

I'm understandably hesitant to get rid of this safeguard - and "using it as intended" is not enough of a guarantee for me. Throughout the years, I have witnessed people managing to break or exploit mods in various convoluted ways, and I wouldn't trust these users with using a spoon "as intended" and not get back to me with exotic error reports about it not working properly.

6 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

An idea with arousal - I threshold for the PC and another for NPCs. That way it can be set to quite high for the PC so events do not trigger too often and lower for NPCs so that events running off their arousal are not too rare as well.

I'm quite happy with the current "everyone plays by the same rules" implementation. Unless there would be some specific and frequently occuring use-cases where this would provide a very noticeable leap in improvement, revisiting and refactoring every PC and NPC arousal check in the mod scripts and dialogue conditions is not the sort of undertaking that I'm looking to do right now.

6 hours ago, wren888 said:

If you haven't allowed for this already, I suggest that when a player requests assistance from an NPC to free her, that the NPC's response is configurable based on his/her relationship to the player. E.g., I should think a friend, and especially a follower or spouse, would be more likely to assist the player and less likely to do something nasty than an acquaintance or a stranger.

Some relationship awareness is already in place. So far, it only checks for actors with a relationship rank of friend or higher - like friends won't steal gold from the player. In the next version, I have expanded this a bit by adding awareness for the player's spouse for certain dialogue options too.

If you happen to have some exact ideas regarding what out of the current events would/wouldn't make sense to happen/not happen for friends or spouses, I'd welcome some suggestions.

3 hours ago, Taki17 said:

The current disabling of player controls when the event happens is there to prevent exactly that - any unintended consequences that'd interrupt or force the scene to abort, like changing cells or initiating dialogue and so on. If the side effect of this is sometimes terrain clipping during animations, it's something I'm willing to take in exchange for robustness.

Just to add this here for good measure, I like 'the safeguard structure' you've chosen - the events fire reliably, you know they can be expected to execute as indicated, I don't recall ever having by accident changed cells 'during' an event because of script lag or similar, which has happened in the context of other mods. The reliability is well worth it, from my perspective as well.

5 hours ago, Taki17 said:
On 5/14/2023 at 11:33 PM, F0xiiNat0r said:

I was unable to reproduce this issue. If you have more information to share, please do - type of restraint, log, exact circumstances, etc.

@F0xiiNat0r, are you still on DD 4?  That would explain the problem.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:40 PM, Taki17 said:

Might very well be an issue on my end then due to i.e. Unforgiving Devices (dd patch previously uninstalled, 90% chance the cause lmao) or something, not entirely sure. Still really enjoying the mod tho and glad it's most likely working correctly for others! ❤️

Can happily report everything else seems to be working perfectly fine!

On 5/16/2023 at 9:50 PM, HexBolt8 said:

@F0xiiNat0r, are you still on DD 4?  That would explain the problem.

Nah, I immediately downloaded 5.2 as soon as it fully released and was even using the betas along the way so it ain't that.

I'll start a new game to test my possible theory and try to see if it works there lol.

Started new play through.

Testing with Naked Defeat, w/o Sexlab Adventures.  SexLab Adventures is my go to "free-use" mod.  Cause SexLab Adventures works off the NPCs arousal, not the PCs.  Thus, events are lot more manageable.  Naked Defeat in Extras, has a feature "Allow Public Punishment" penalized PC for being naked, bare foot, cover in cum, dirty, sneaking, running, sprinting, and unarmed.  PC will get a assortment of punishments and may even be thrown in prison.  This feature is the only reason Naked Defeat keeps pulling me back (unfortunately its all chance and not base on NPC's vision).  Not total fan of Naked Defeat's defeat mechanics. Hence constant install/uninstall.

My base Devious Interests settings (experimental).

General:

Arousal Threshold 50

Arousal Multiplier 0

Feature Settings:

Bondage Addiction

Restraint Unlock Help

Prostitution

Crime and Jail

Free Use

Event Settings:

Event Chance, all at 20 except for Find restraints and keys set at default.

General observation on NPC's arousal.  NPCs seem to cap-off at 50 level (dogs for some reason seem excel beyond 50).  Can not say for certain mod's multipliers features really work.  Devious Enslave night multiplier so far is the only one to observe to work consistently to reach 50ish.  Note: is hard to track because having to catch the NPC before the act and being reset.  Overall find 50 to be best setting so a least PC can get some things done than always being on it's back.

Turned off a Immersive World Encounter mod. Has made exiting the prisons and other game cells much more crash free. Not conflict with Devious Interests mod.  Just general troubleshooting and experience before Devious Interest's installation.

Hello, I have read through all seven pages and did not see my issue. This issue is due to the fact that the MCM menu is not appearing anymore. I opened a previous save that I no longer have and the menu had disappeared. I have since restarted to see if I need a new game for it to reappear but no dice. I have multiple Devious mods installed but until a week ago everything was running as expected. Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

Idea: Make probability of finding keys dependent on the location? No mod implements this functionality in terms of escape dynamics, as far as I know, and it would lead to interesting new approaches/gameplay mechanisms. For example: You now have the option to set the probability of escape mechanisms low in the cities but higher outside of them so that you now have to leave the 'safe areas' in order to find keys you'll be needing (key which might then later get stolen when you have to get back to the city to sell stuff); or set it high in cities but low elsewhere, so that you are now forced to occasionally get back to the cities to escape your restraints - but then 'bad' outcomes might also be high probability there, so you're not really safe anywhere.. This kind of toggle could also be a consideration for some events, but DCL for one already implements this type of event modularity.

Maybe that's a separate mod (I noticed above: "None of these features on offer were intended to be extensively customizable. My intention with them is to offer a solid base functionality of exactly what their titles say, and if you want a more elaborate or intricate implementation of them, you'd look for a mod that does exactly that" - and I think this is a very good starting point and guiding philosophy, btw.), just putting the idea out there. I assume from the implemented mod functionalities that you're not actually tracking the location now, and I'd assume having to do that as well would decrease the robustness of the linked functionalities in the mod to some extent.

19 hours ago, F0xiiNat0r said:

Might very well be an issue on my end then due to i.e. Unforgiving Devices (dd patch previously uninstalled, 90% chance the cause lmao)

I'll start a new game to test my possible theory and try to see if it works there lol.

Can confirm everything worked fine on a New Game, so all good here! ?