I'm glad you are enjoying the mod!

On 4/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, SkyAddiction said:

Free use - Works as advertised, but has no way to be completely avoided. It seems kind of odd that the PC would submit when wearing no devices and visibly armed. Maybe adding a condition that disables it when no devices are equipped and a weapon is equipped? It would also be nice if the notification fired a few seconds before the actual SL scene starts. Because it's such a sudden event, it's pretty common for it to force the player to use SL controls to move the scene away from a wall, furniture, etc. A 2-3 second delay would prevent that entirely.

I want to avoid any mod features getting overly complicated with a multitude of checks, parameters, toggles and sliders to them. The gist of the idea is that DIN provides an all-you-can-fuck-buffet of simple and straightforward features that let you further engage with functionality that DD items can provide or tie into. If anyone wants more complex or multi-layered implementations of any of the features included, ticking the option off in DIN's config menu and using a standalone mod that does exactly that should be the way to go.

As for the delay, I feel it's likely to cause issues like the player leaving the current zone which'd force the system to abandon the scene it's attempting to setup. The current temporarily turning off player controls is meant to prevent any unintended consequences.

On 4/26/2023 at 4:44 PM, SkyAddiction said:
  • Bondage offer - Refusing seems to guarantee getting tied up, with 7 of 7 instances so far. Maybe that was just Skyrim's notoriously streaky RNG, but it's actually better to back out of the dialogue right now.

I'm using the built-in random topic selection for that, and yeah, there are more outcomes that do involve some sort of shenanigans than those that do not. I'm going to revisit this and see if I can't, say, tie it more closely together with the rest of the event chances, checked against a random roll.

Edited by Taki17
46 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

I'm glad you are enjoying the mod!

I want to avoid any mod features getting overly complicated with a multitude of checks, parameters, toggles and sliders to them. The gist of the idea is that DIN provides an all-you-can-fuck-buffet of simple and straightforward features that let you further engage with functionality that DD items can provide or tie into. If anyone wants more complex or multi-layered implementations of any of the features included, ticking the option off in DIN's config menu and using a standalone mod that does exactly that should be the way to go.

As for the delay, I feel it's likely to cause issues like the player leaving the current zone which'd force the system to abandon the scene it's attempting to setup. The current temporarily turning off player controls is meant to prevent any unintended consequences.

Fair enough - it never hurts to ask!

47 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

I'm using the built-in random topic selection for that, and yeah, there are more outcomes that do involve some sort of shenanigans than those that do not. I'm going to revisit this and see if I can't, say, tie it more closely together with the rest of the event chances, checked against a random roll.

Got it. I appreciate the reply. :classic_smile:

So...in prison again. ?  Bound and gag, talking to the guard.  Attempting to convince the guard to remove a Devious Item.  Dialog kicks in with the guard not pleased and is going to send PC to prison.  Where the PC all ready is.  This actually got repeated 3 times back to back in prison.

Found myself using Devious Interests dialog more since installation than that of Sanguine's debauchery in trying to remove DD items.

Getting released from prison and visually see the devices coming off.  Was like, "nice, lucked out."  Then to read the dialog of not only are they removing the items but putting on a new device.  Then was like, "well that's just dirty pool."  ?

Most likely not related. Finally turned exhibitionist off in Sexlab Hormones.  Arousal climb has tapered off.  I had a momentary laps, forgetting most mods treat clothing as being nude.  Wear armor, never any issues, wear clothing and proc being naked.  Sexlab Adventures and Naked Dafeat, are two that can name right off hand that work in such a way.

10 hours ago, ooftaj said:

So...in prison again. ?  Bound and gag, talking to the guard.  Attempting to convince the guard to remove a Devious Item.  Dialog kicks in with the guard not pleased and is going to send PC to prison.  Where the PC all ready is.  This actually got repeated 3 times back to back in prison.

Well, that's quite embarrassing. Not sure how I did not think to cover that. Thanks for the report, I will address it for the next version.

10 hours ago, ooftaj said:

Getting released from prison and visually see the devices coming off.  Was like, "nice, lucked out."  Then to read the dialog of not only are they removing the items but putting on a new device.  Then was like, "well that's just dirty pool."  ?

I know, I know. I'm wicked.

Edited by Taki17

A Russian language translation for v.0912 of Devious Interests is now available, courtesy of @S.MayLeR

This translation is an add-on, meaning you need to download the original mod, and overwrite the affected files with the translation.

Edited by Taki17

The Exhibitionism in this mod reminds me of player Exhibitionist. While it's not uploaded here anymore (I think the author ran into IRL trouble, I have backups if people need them), one neat feature they had was shopkeeper voyuerism. Sometimes shop keepers would refuse to do business with you unless you showed them yourself naked. Lines like "Show me your tits and I'll show me your wares." or "I'm closed. Maybe you can convince me with two enormous arguments~", they even had lines for if you were male, similarly they were dick jokes.

This mod is nice, trying the latest version now.

28 minutes ago, Yuni said:

The Exhibitionism in this mod reminds me of player Exhibitionist.

one neat feature they had was shopkeeper voyuerism. Sometimes shop keepers would refuse to do business with you unless you showed them yourself naked. Lines like "Show me your tits and I'll show me your wares." or "I'm closed. Maybe you can convince me with two enormous arguments~"

I remember that. It's certainly a devious twist on merchant functionality, however I feel adding it to the base DIN mod would be a bit of a stretch, since I think anything of this impact is content mod territory.

Fortunately, a mod by @HexBolt8 already does something similar, is aware of DD, has a lower impact and I think pairs pretty nicely with Devious Interests (this reminded me to add it to the recommended mods section on the download page):

28 minutes ago, Yuni said:

This mod is nice, trying the latest version now.

Glad to hear that! I hope you'll like the new additions.

Edited by Taki17
On 4/29/2023 at 11:21 PM, vincent_76849 said:

I don't suppose this mod checks for sexual preference (only male/female/both) when enabling non-con actions. 

Nay indeed.

10 hours ago, PolskiHusarz20 said:

Would be nice to have some sort of defence against NPCs who ignore PCs refusal to the bondage offer which does not involve turing off non con content. And maybe an option to try to negotiate higher reward for this service (with a nasty surprise for too greedy players)

Care to tell more what exactly did you have in mind for both of those?

On 5/1/2023 at 8:49 PM, Taki17 said:

Care to tell more what exactly did you have in mind for both of those?

Yes I do care to share some ideas :)

Well for defence against insisten bondage fans I propose some quite a few options like (method of getting rid of NPC - negative outcome):
- basic persuade/intimidate/attack/bribe/accept that you can't do anything about it option from vanilla game - nothing more than just being forced into bondage and sex like in current build
- trying to convince the NPC that PC is ill - get belted to prevent spread of the disease/force feeding heal disease potion and starting dialogue from where it begun
- beating them up if they try to tie PC - more bondage, no reward, chance to get arrested
- using speech to convince them to at least do that somewhore else to reduce negative effects of public nudity - more bondage since they stashed more gear there
- using speech to convince them to at least do that later to either finish whatever you were trying to do at the moment or to have time to reduce their arousal and not get tied up in the first place -  more bondage since they get more gear in the meantime and got more horny
- scream for help - more horny NPCs who want to use PC
- offer someone else (maybe even without asking them for permission) - if "Someone Else" refuses the NPC should use PC instead/if "SE" manages to defend herself/himself PC should be treated as a criminal
- bribe them to f*** off - lose money and get tied up anyway
- trying to convince them that what they offer for stripping on demand in public is not enough - get tied anyway and get reduced reward
- trying to make sure that NPC won't try to use any particular hole - aggresive sex with that particular hole/getting locked in a high security device which will prevent use of that particular hole
- trying to make sure that NPC will release PC after some time - this time its the "positive outcome" she should get greatly reduced reward/NPC locks her up in something that will make the whole experience much more humilitiating like magic leash so PC will follow the NPC/soulgem restraints to make sure she wont go so too far/high security restraints/more bondage also if PC dissapoints NPC she should be punished by lowering the reward or NPC should refuse to unlock the PC and now a small negative - NPC can lie to PC and start enforcing all the rules listed above but does not unlock restraints in the end/NPC gave keys to someone else, PC now has to satisfy one more person 

Basically negotiating higher reward for bondage offers should imo center around trying to convince the NPC to pay as much as possible for as little as possible by:
- using speech just to squeeze a little bit more money (the most generic and boring option)
- trying to find their exact fetish (proposing specific devices or maybe even thing that are completely unreleated to bondage like dancing in the dialogue with limited amount of tries)
- using PCs own devices to offer the service to NPCs which realistically should not be able to afford a full set of fetish gear which can cost as much as a house and then just completely forget about it after sex and reduce the full cost which NPC must pay to get this kind of service,
- offering the companion (possibly for threesome)
- offering a private/public/group session (yes I know that some of these were listed above in something completely different but with slightly different dialogue they can be reused to get more money)

Also it would be nice if NPCs could be intimidated, annoyed or intrigued by amount of option they can get from the PC and would be able to react accordingly:
- being puzzled and confused by having to choose from so many option and just lose interest and go away (peasants, guards)
- being annoyed and just demanding PC to stop > gaggin her and then if she continues to talk about that just strait up assault her (peasants, guards)
- being impressed by amount of options and give a tip (nobles, entitled people in general, pervs and returning customers)
- being indignat by amount of decadence that was just poured out on them and calling guards (only when PC initiates dialogue)

And about the punishments for pissing off the client with being greedy, well I think that negative outcomes listed can be used for that.

I hope that provides enough info on that matter, feel free to dm me if you need someone to came up with some ideas about anything DD related.

Edited by PolskiHusarz20
Grammer and clarification edit
On 5/2/2023 at 6:15 PM, shiagwen said:

getting buffs for wearing restraints

i dont like buffs from mods in general.  can you make an option to get a debuff if not weearing a restraint instead ? a collar or some piercings should do.

With bondage addiction enabled, after the 7th day of continously wearing restraints, the addiction will turn into granting debuffs to the player when she is not restrained. If you want something more elaborate than that, I'd recommend setting it up with Sexlab Disparity.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, PolskiHusarz20 said:

Yes I do care to share some ideas :)

Well for defence against insisten bondage fans I propose some quite a few options like (method of getting rid of NPC - negative outcome):

Thanks for sharing your ideas, however neither of those are fitting for my mod or are things I'm comfortable with having. Aside from most of it is very much content mod territory that invovles more elaborate and subjective scenarios, I don't feel like the payoff is worth the effort of implementing it either.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, PolskiHusarz20 said:

Basically negotiating higher reward for bondage offers should imo center around trying to convince the NPC to pay as much as possible for as little as possible by:
- using speech just to squeeze a little bit more money (the most generic and boring option)
- using PCs own devices to offer the service to NPCs which realistically should not be able to afford a full set of fetish gear which can cost as much as a house and then just completely forget about it after sex and reduce the full cost which NPC must pay to get this kind of service,

I like both of these. Generic and boring or not, this is exactly the level of complexity for additions I'm looking for the mod, and a persuasion option would be well placed here in some shape or form. I will look into how to best utilize it for the next update. Likewise with using the restraints the player is carrying on herself. This has the potential to be used elsewhere too, outside of the bondage offer dialogue.

Maybe someone can get me a new approach/perspective or even the solution for this.

I'm currently tracking a minor but still unintended quirk in the mod - namely, certain NPCs are not stored properly and the condition that'd temporarily prevent that specific NPC from having access to certain dialogue options is not working.

The scenario is the following:

• the last 10 actors the player has asked for help with unlocking restraints or tried to prostitute herself to are tracked, and they are added to a form list
  • the Restraint Unlock Help or Prostitution dialogue options have conditions set up, a check with IsInList to see if the actor in question is in said formlist, the dialogue will only be available if they weren't interacted with recently
  • actors are rotated in an out of the list in a FIFO way
  • IsInList only seems to take ActorBase types, whereas if the template for a leveled NPC is another leveled NPC, GetLeveledActorBase will return and ObjectReference not, an ActorBase - IsInList will not recognize this actor and will allow them to say the lines

The code in particular that handles storing the actors:

;used to manage the list that stores the last several actors that the player approached with special requests like restraint help
Function SetLastTalkedTo( Actor Speaker )

;put the new actor in only if it's not already present in the list
	If ( LastTalkedToPeople.Find( Speaker.GetLeveledActorBase() ) == -1 )
		LastTalkedToPeople.AddForm( Speaker.GetLeveledActorBase() )
	EndIf

;if the list is full, start cycling actors and remove the oldest entry
	If LastTalkedToPeople.GetSize() == 10
		LastTalkedToPeople.RemoveAddedForm( LastTalkedToPeople.GetAt( 9 ) )
	EndIf

EndFunction

So my question is:

Is anyone aware of a solution on how to identify leveled actors in script, and how to reliably get their ActorBase even if their templates are based on templates? SKSE has a member function called GetTemplate that supposedly returns an ActorBase, however I was unable to find any documentation on it - and it'd be crucical to know its potential return values to set up any conditions for using it.

Edited by Taki17
6 hours ago, Taki17 said:

With bondage addiction enabled, after the 7th day of continously wearing restraints, the addiction will turn into granting debuffs to the player when she is not restrained. If you want something more elaborate than that, I'd recommend setting it up with Sexlab Disparity.

Sorry, actually i cant understand why i missunderstood your addiction description. you already did what i was looking for.  i will delete that post.

Tinkering with this mod in a new load order. Is this the mod that sends you text strings that says things like "you cannot give into your lust right now, no matter how much you want to" and "you can't [tie yourself up] no matter how much you want to"?

If so is there:

1) A way to turn those messages off?

Or

2) A way to tweak when those lines are triggered?

Or

3) A way for me to edit the content of the text string?

I'm still in the starting cell for Alternate Start and I don't think my PC should be addicted to bondage yet; and the settings of my other SL mods do not consider my PC aroused (or bondage addicted) so it's a bit jarring to see those messages continually.

Overall, this looks super promising :)

6 hours ago, Anunya said:

Is this the mod that sends you text strings that says things like "you cannot give into your lust right now, no matter how much you want to" and "you can't [tie yourself up] no matter how much you want to"?

Indeed it is.

A way to turn those messages off?

Not without turning off the features that print them out. That'd be the Masturbation, Stripping and Self Bondage features that display lines such as this.

A way for me to edit the content of the text string?

Find the strings in din_Main.psc, edit them to whatever you'd like tthem to contain, then recompile the script.

I'm still in the starting cell for Alternate Start and I don't think my PC should be addicted to bondage yet; and the settings of my other SL mods do not consider my PC aroused (or bondage addicted) so it's a bit jarring to see those messages continually.

You are only supposed to see those two messages when the conditions of a Self Bondage or Masturbation attempt have been met, except that the player has been found invalid for this event - like being in a scene, in combat, or have not finished the starter quest (like you haven't left the ASLAL starter cell).

As for arousal, you can set the Arousal Threshold value in the DIN config menu to match your other mods - for my mod the player won't be considered aroused unless she has at least the arousal level you have set there. And the features like Masturbation or Self Bondage will respect this too.

There is a problem with the Topics in DIAL - din_ExcludedDialogue_Start, at least in my opinion.

The GetIsAliasRef "Equal To" compares 003 din_ProstitutionClient to a value of 0 for all Topics.

This causes all carriage drivers, Jarls, Imperial and Stormcloak Generals, Companions and Mage's College factions to refuse to talk to you at all when you're in heavy bondage or gagged.

Is that what you intended, or was it meant for them to refuse prostitution advances (in which case the GetIsAliasRef should compare to 1)?

On the other hand, if that is what you intended, then can we please have an MCM option to disable this "feature"? Keep in mind that some of the affected NPCs (Companions and Mages) can be followers and having a follower that won't talk to you is a serious problem.

Edited by Slagblah
On 5/5/2023 at 6:07 PM, Taki17 said:

*code snipped*

I think this code doesn't implements FIFO list, it just replaces the last form in the list with new one. Maybe I'm wrong, but in the game you can ask the same 2 persons over and over again if you alternate between them to have fun with after talked to 10 persons before.

8 hours ago, Slagblah said:

Is that what you intended, or was it meant for them to refuse prostitution advances (in which case the GetIsAliasRef should compare to 1)?

The check is in place so the player can finish up any prostitution attempts and try and get her reward, even if interaction with the actor would be blocked because of wearing restraints.

8 hours ago, Slagblah said:

Keep in mind that some of the affected NPCs (Companions and Mages) can be followers and having a follower that won't talk to you is a serious problem.

And that's an oversight on my part. I will change the conditions to account for current followers in the next version. Thanks for reporting the issue.

4 hours ago, kurotatsu said:

I think this code doesn't implements FIFO list, it just replaces the last form in the list with new one. Maybe I'm wrong, but in the game you can ask the same 2 persons over and over again if you alternate between them to have fun with after talked to 10 persons before.

The order of items in the form lists: https://ck.uesp.net/wiki/AddForm_-_FormList#Order_of_items_in_the_list

I'm aware of the limitations and quirks of this implementation, and since it's both trouble and is not working as intended, I will see if I can't move away from form lists to storing the actors references in an array and checking within activate events if said topics can appear - not unlike how looted containers in which restraints and keys can spawn are tracked currently.

Hello, first of all, thank you for the great mod. May I ask for more customization options with features like Free Use and such? I was walking around fully clothed and armed in Solitude and got grabbed by the hobo guy with no resistance anyway which was pretty jarring.