On 4/18/2023 at 2:30 AM, SkyTem said:

I've noticed that when this mod is running the find devious devices and events for Cursed Loot doesn't seem to work.  Anyone else having this problem?

I'm gonna be honest, I've never intended DIN to be compatible with Cursed Loot. I don't use it and there are probably more than enough overlaps between the two that'd make sorting out any compatibility issues a moot cause.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:51 AM, SkyTem said:

There's an option in the MCM to find restraints in containers when aroused and another to automatically equip them when found in chests and aroused enough isn't there?

If you have "Find Restraints In Loot" in enabled and "Restraints Can't Be Dropped", there is a chance - based on player arousal - that items found in the containers are automatically added to the player's inventory. Currently this, coupled with the Self Bondage feature is sort of the closest you can get to that in DIN.

On 4/18/2023 at 5:09 AM, Slagblah said:

The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is DIN auto-equipping devices. I have not actually seen that occur.

That only happens during Self Bondage events, and nowhere else at the moment. However, it may change as I continue to develop and expand this mod.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mister X said:

I've just seen this project, and TBH I was flushed and honored that you actually considered and built Mimic Clothes into it ?

I never imagined that someone really would use that event hook, but here it is ?

I absolutely adore DMC, it's precisely the sort of straightforward, no-nonsense mod that does the exact thing it was set out to do, does not drown out other mods and therein lies its charm and efficiency. And given the easy event hook you set up, it lent itself to being a soft dependency - and fortunately, I've had just the right place to make use of it in more ways than one.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:29 AM, Mister X said:

Now I just have to find a way to tangle this into my DD setup, as there a already quite a few mods that all do similar things but in different ways ^^

Still, you concepts for your approach sound really promising, so I definitely will give it a try!

I hope you'll enjoy the mod. I'll be interested to hear your feedback about it!

19 hours ago, ck2modfan said:

can you confirm that Devious Devices 5.2 is needed versus 5.1? i haven't updated yet and don't want to introduce potential changes/conflicts with long list of mods yet.

I've developed DIN on DD5.2 exclusively, and there are several 5.2-exclusive forms referenced in script properties or added to form/leveled lists. So while I cannot explicitly confirm you can't get away with using it on DD5.1 thanks to Skyrim's internal error handling, I also cannot guarantee you won't run into any issues. I will only provide support for users reporting errors on DD5.2.

10 hours ago, Quoozey said:

Reveal hidden contents

You can definitely destroy your character with the "lock menu" option.

This mod is wild.

So I gotta ask, I hope this is the "the events having a chance to seriously impede a player character" and not the "it causes save game corruption" sort of destroy.

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

So I gotta ask, I hope this is the "the events having a chance to seriously impede a player character" and not the "it causes save game corruption" sort of destroy.

No save corruption or crashes related to your mod yet. It's the "impedes player character" thing, which is what people want. This is a good review ?

Edited by Quoozey

I like this mod, it's a lot of fun!  With it -- at least in the way that I am utilizing it -- now there's more serious consequences to getting too horny, instead of just blurred vision (boring)!  If I may be permitted to offer a suggestion, it would be nice if there two more configurable parameters:

• To adjust what NPC gender can have fun with the PC (male only, female only, both), and to
  • Have an arousal adjuster for NPCs separate from the PC arousal adjuster, that way my poor girl can still get potentially stripped when she gets to 51 arousal but still get offered the kinky devices from NPCs that are say only at 25 arousal, for example.

Cheers to you, Taki17, for such a fun mod! ?

Edit:  Cursed Loot, eh?  ? I too am using Cursed Loot alongside this mod.  There doesn't seem to be a conflict.  Actually, when I was leaving the Honningbrew Meadery a cursed door triggered and some devices were equipped.  Then again, I haven't been using them together for long, as I just started trying out Devious Interests.  I'll keep an eye out.  Devious Lore, confirmed, does work with this mod.  :)

Edited by OlBenny

Looks great and I'd love to use it but unfortunately most of the events dont work for me even though non-consensual content is activated. When I get the message that my PC is about to get used by someone she is getting stripped and I lose control for a few seconds but that is about it. 

Stripping and masturbation seem to work though. 

I even stripped away all my mods down to a minimum to avoid mod conflicts but that didn't help. Are you sure DD is the only requirement for this mod? 

11 hours ago, SkyTem said:

I forgot to ask earlier.  At what arousal level does your character automatically pick up restraints?  And at what arousal level does your character automatically equip them?  It doesn't say in the MCM menu or description.

The description for the "Arousal Threshold" on the General page of the config menu says the following: "Actors with arousal equal to or greater than this value can participate in events that require aroused actors." This value used for every actor, NPC or the player to check if they are considered aroused. The default value of 25 is also the same level at which Sexlab Aroused starts to consider an actor aroused, so it coincides pretty well.

Automatic restraint pick up also requires the "Can't Drop Restraints" options on the Restraints page to be checked, and aside from having the sufficient minimum arousal level, you also need to pass a random number check against your current arousal level - meaning higher arousal means a higher chance for this to happen.

Self Bondage uses a sliding chance to trigger, as the more aroused the player is, there is more bonus chance added to the roll that is similarly checked against the player arousal - meaning higher arousal -> more bonus chance -> more chance for Self Bondage to happen.

5 hours ago, OlBenny said:

To adjust what NPC gender can have fun with the PC (male only, female only, both)

This is doable, however its application and use in the mod would be limited to a single feature, but otherwise would add much more complexity and difficulties to every other that utilizes sex in some shape or form, so at the moment I don't have plans of implementing it.

• Have an arousal adjuster for NPCs separate from the PC arousal adjuster, that way my poor girl can still get potentially stripped when she gets to 51 arousal but still get offered the kinky devices from NPCs that are say only at 25 arousal, for example.

I much prefer the current sliding chance for player events based on arousal approach, as it should keep players on their toes about managing their arousals, and especially letting it get to high enough levels.

Cheers to you, Taki17, for such a fun mod!

Edit:  Cursed Loot, eh?  ? I too am using Cursed Loot alongside this mod.  There doesn't seem to be a conflict.  Actually, when I was leaving the Honningbrew Meadery a cursed door triggered and some devices were equipped.  Then again, I haven't been using them together for long, as I just started trying out Devious Interests.  I'll keep an eye out.  Devious Lore, confirmed, does work with this mod.  :)

I'm glad you are liking it! I'm actually amazed how little it seems to step on Cursed Loot's toes and vice versa when they are installed together, I never expected to hear reports about them working together. Same with Devious Lore.

2 hours ago, Buggzz said:

Looks great and I'd love to use it but unfortunately most of the events dont work for me even though non-consensual content is activated. When I get the message that my PC is about to get used by someone she is getting stripped and I lose control for a few seconds but that is about it. 

Stripping and masturbation seem to work though. 

I even stripped away all my mods down to a minimum to avoid mod conflicts but that didn't help. Are you sure DD is the only requirement for this mod? 

I'm entirely convinced I haven't added any other dependancies than DD (and by extension, whatever DD depends on). I'm not even sure what other mod would cause sex scenes failing like that, except for not having proper animations to play?

However it's impossible to say for certain from such little information, therefore I'm going to need to you turn on logging for DD and DIN and gather me some logs from the time of this issue you are experiencing, and post them alongside the other information I've named in the issue reporting FAQ entry on the mod page. Then I can look into investigating it properly.

Does this mod auto-strip / disable prisoner rags when the player is jailed?

Nvm it doesn't. I compared the esp records to the esp posted here: 

Still, I think it would be appropriate for Devious Interests to do it by default since you're already equipping gags and the such on being jailed.

Edited by Gyra
3 hours ago, Gyra said:

Does this mod auto-strip / disable prisoner rags when the player is jailed?

Nvm it doesn't. I compared the esp records to the esp posted here: 

Still, I think it would be appropriate for Devious Interests to do it by default since you're already equipping gags and the such on being jailed.

It very much does strip the player in jail. You won't be able to see it in the plugin records since unlike the mods you've linked, DIN does not edit the jail outfits of any crime faction, to preserve compatibility with anything that might edit them. It's all handled through scripts, as in what's equipped is stripped shortly after and removed from the player's inventory so she'll be bound and naked pretty much the moment she's imprisoned.

21 hours ago, Taki17 said:

It very much does strip the player in jail. You won't be able to see it in the plugin records since unlike the mods you've linked, DIN does not edit the jail outfits of any crime faction, to preserve compatibility with anything that might edit them. It's all handled through scripts, as in what's equipped is stripped shortly after and removed from the player's inventory so she'll be bound and naked pretty much the moment she's imprisoned.

Nice. On another topic, could you illuminate what the Add Bounty event entails? Like, does it mean I get reported for wearing visible restraints?

I’m checking if I should turn it off since, depending on the scenario, it’d be unimmersive since I have corsec’s mod installed which forces weak female NPCs to wear restraints, naked.

2 hours ago, Gyra said:

Nice. On another topic, could you illuminate what the Add Bounty event entails? Like, does it mean I get reported for wearing visible restraints?

Mechanically that is what it is. The dialogues however usually revolve around the person in question feeling bothered by the player or thinking it's indecent to go around like that.

I'm back.

Tweaks that I've done to save my PC constructive game playing. ?  Still will continue to test out more tweakings.

As of right now set all but the last two events to 20%.  Turned off auto equip, strip, and masturbation.  Not that these autos are bad.  Just too accustom of having these set to percentile proc at certain level of character's arousal.  Also frequent instances of striping or masterbaiting just after sex act or manual trigger of masterbation has happened.  Feeling being, arousal is set to 0, shouldn't trigger (again, this is only a learned accustomation).  When trying to place a devious device on a NPC.  Not thinking the PC really be in the mood to put that device on themselves first.  D'oh!

As mention before, PC's arousal was out of control.  In defence of Devious Interests  Have experience this with other mods such as when Toys Framwork was installed.  To curve things down.  Went into Sexlab Arousal and set it to default 2, also Sexlab Hormones set Arousal to 2, but left Sexlab Hormones Exobitionist active for further testing. ?

Things I've notice since the update.  These may been existing all ready and first time experiencing them.

Selling Devious Devices and when being ask to show or display the wears.  They are not equipped.  Which I don't mind...Devious Interest has been doing fine job in other areas of getting the PC to wear devices.  Just thought should mention.  They are also not placed in PC's inventory when checking after the conversation with NPC.

Being released from prison and having additional device(s) placed on PC.  Have not experience this for certain till the update.  The PC goes to jail often in my play troughs.  Had actually liked discovering this outcome.  Issue is the length of time it now takes to load when leaving the prison.  Before update, was fairly quick sleep and exit to city devious devices are unequipped.  Now it is sleep and wondering if Skyrim has gone to not-responding trip.  At the same time as the update, tried running installation of Sexlab-JailRape.  To see if they would jive.  In side the prison they worked fine.  Devices get equipped, first sleep, guard comes in gives PC a bad time, second sleep to PC leaves prison. Game just hangs at load screen.  Un-installed JailRape and went to a previous save before installation (aware that clean reboot may be needed, but have bounced around rapid mod installations a lot).  Still experience the length of load time from jail into the city.  Only wonder if it is item related (returning PC inventory or searching of other devices).

Now to mention a hilarious moment.  After remove the above mention mod.  Think Devious Interests was teaching me a lesson.  PC goes to jail, sleep, is released with more devices being placed.  One such device are mittens.  All of PC's items were tossed all over the ground as result of the mittens being equipped first.  ?   So I got the point...for now....

10 hours ago, ooftaj said:

Selling Devious Devices and when being ask to show or display the wears.  They are not equipped.  Which I don't mind...Devious Interest has been doing fine job in other areas of getting the PC to wear devices.  Just thought should mention.  They are also not placed in PC's inventory when checking after the conversation with NPC.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that? Buying and selling restraints to vendors who deal with them never gave me any issues, if that's what you mean.

10 hours ago, ooftaj said:

Being released from prison and having additional device(s) placed on PC.  Have not experience this for certain till the update.  The PC goes to jail often in my play troughs.  Had actually liked discovering this outcome.  Issue is the length of time it now takes to load when leaving the prison.  Before update, was fairly quick sleep and exit to city devious devices are unequipped.

I have not experienced this. And the jail release event wasn't touched ever since the mod was first released, so updates to the mod are unlikely to be causing it. My suggestion would be to strip your mods back a bit and see if it persists. If it does, grab me a log with DD and DIN logging enabled to see what exactly goes awry.

11 hours ago, ooftaj said:

Now to mention a hilarious moment.  After remove the above mention mod.  Think Devious Interests was teaching me a lesson.  PC goes to jail, sleep, is released with more devices being placed.  One such device are mittens.  All of PC's items were tossed all over the ground as result of the mittens being equipped first.  ?   So I got the point...for now....

Okay, that's indeed hilarious :D However I'm gonna see if I can't add a tiny bit of grace period to only equip the restraints after the rest of the inventory is hopefully returned to you.

Does this mod use WICommentChanceNaked or anything similar to set probability of restraint comments? I've left this event chance and cooldown at default values in the MCM. However, anything north of 10% is causing restraint comments to be seemingly 100% as NPCs don't hesitate to comment whenever I initiate dialogue with them. ~5% and up, and I get the "..." dialogue option after a vanilla greeting, which leads to the restraint comment. Anything less, and I get no comments, Cooldown value seems to have no effect on any cooldown. It's frustrating because I can envision getting restraint keys too easily. It's also just plain annoying to sit through this dialogue everytime before getting to an actual dialogue option.

I've also noticed that the "What do you want, little elf?" vanilla NPC line is no longer voiced. 

I can't tell if these issues are due to mod conflicts or because I'm on SE. I do know that Sanguine's Debauchery sets WICommentChanceNaked to 25 in its ESP.

Edit:

I started a new game with the exact same mod setup, but even with visible restraints, I get no related comments. I've set the comment chance to 100, but still no comments. If I load main menu and load the affected save above, I get my comments. Should I load this fresh save, I get no comments. I'm at a loss as to where to start looking. Did I mistakenly enable/disable an MCM option???

Edited by Gyra
8 hours ago, Gyra said:

Does this mod use WICommentChanceNaked or anything similar to set probability of restraint comments?

No. Wheter you receive a comment or not is determined by the following: is the player wearing a visible restraint, is the actor you want to talk to in the zadDisableDialogue faction, a random number rolled against the comment chance you set and the status of the canTalk variable in DD.

8 hours ago, Gyra said:

However, anything north of 10% is causing restraint comments to be seemingly 100% as NPCs don't hesitate to comment whenever I initiate dialogue with them. ~5% and up, and I get the "..." dialogue option after a vanilla greeting, which leads to the restraint comment. Anything less, and I get no comments,

I have no control over the outcome random rolls, based on the nature of them being random, there is a distinct possibility that have gotten (un)lucky with them. I have done some quick runs with the values you provided and in both cases, comments fired substantially less times at lower chances.

However based on the current implementation, the chance seems to be rolled for every possible opening line which are then go into the pool of responses that are selected randomly, which might be causing a higher-than-intended chance for them to trigger. I will take a look at this and probably rearrange the topics a bit.

8 hours ago, Gyra said:

Cooldown value seems to have no effect on any cooldown.

Maybe the descripton "Restraint Comment Events Cooldown" could see to being clarified. It refers to NPCs doing something to the player, not to wheter they'll comment or not.

8 hours ago, Gyra said:

I've also noticed that the "What do you want, little elf?" vanilla NPC line is no longer voiced.

No clue about what'd be causing that. There is exactly two vanilla topics that have been altered to hook in the new guard dialogues, and this is certainly not one of them.

8 hours ago, Gyra said:

I started a new game with the exact same mod setup, but even with visible restraints, I get no related comments. I've set the comment chance to 100, but still no comments. If I load main menu and load the affected save above, I get my comments. Should I load this fresh save, I get no comments. I'm at a loss as to where to start looking. Did I mistakenly enable/disable an MCM option???

That's too little information for me to say for certain, however if you are not getting any other dialogue options either, chances are the quest responsible for them was not started properly upon a new game. That, or you haven't finished the prologue quest yet - that means playing through Unbound or leaving the Alternate Start room through selecting one of the start scenarios at the Mara Statue. Or in more technical terms, stage 1000 of MQ101 needs to be completed before any functionality of Devious Interests is active. There are safeguards in place to prevent events or dialogues from firing before said quest is finished.

Edited by Taki17

Devious Interests v0.912 has been released.

As always, thank you to everyone who downloaded the mod and shared their feedback about it. This release is again mainly focused on smaller changes and improvements, with a new feature thrown in there too. Here's what's new:

Changes:

• Restraint Comments: restructured opening lines to prevent them having a higher-than-intended chance to happen
  • Prostitution: added a missing condition check for the unlock request dialogue option
  • Prostitution: added a missing condition check for the outcome in which the player is equipped with more restraints upon requesting to be unlocked
  • Restraints and Keys In Loot: slightly increased the number of tracked looted containers
  • Crime And Jail: added a second of wait time after the player is released from jail to hopefully have all of the confiscated items returned before any other events can happen
  • small changes to some dialogue lines and config menu texts
  • refined logging
  • script and code cleanup with minor fixes and logic improvements for robustness and ease of maintenance

Additions:

• Restraints and Keys In Loot: added the possibility of pickpocketing restraint keys from NPC inventories - the key spawn chance is shared with keys found in loot
  • Restraint Comments: added a proper dialogue prompt instead of the three dots that would sometimes appear in dialogue whenever a restraint comment happens

A new game/clean save is strongly recommended.

9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

That, or you haven't finished the prologue quest yet - that means playing through Unbound or leaving the Alternate Start room through selecting one of the start scenarios at the Mara Statue.

This was it. Im using Alternate Perspective and was too in a rush to test your mod on a cleaner save. Anyway, thanks for 0.912. I’ll test and see if it resolves my issue. I hoped it wasn’t intended for NPCs to comment on your restraints every time you initiate any conversation, lol. It does get old.

My bad on the sales of items.  Went through turning off mods.  Turns out that's dialog is from Devious Magic. ?

Haven't been arrested yet to test new update.  Working on it. ?

Just a FYI of something to stay away from in development. This is just pure observation and experience as non-coder/dev.  Mods that use potion like triggers/effects can proc other mods looking for that trigger.  Case in point: Frostfall hypothermia debuff affects the PC as if consuming a potion.  Thus mods like Force MilkMaid and Pheromones will trigger if options for potions to be tainted are active i.e lactaid/pheromones chance on consumption.  Needless to say, cycle can go on and on some times.  Ending in one tripped out Skooma, Lactaid, Pheromone PC addict.  Tie that with Corruption mod; a complete nightmare.

12 hours ago, ooftaj said:

Just a FYI of something to stay away from in development. This is just pure observation and experience as non-coder/dev.  Mods that use potion like triggers/effects can proc other mods looking for that trigger.

That's the event based triggers - if multiple mods are subscribed to the same event, all of them will fire, provided there isn't some mutex in place. Fortunately for you, I have no plans to alter the base behavior of consumable items in this mod.

Very well done reimagining of DCL features. Everything works as advertised and it's a mod I didn't know I needed until you made it.

I do have two small issues though:

• Free use - Works as advertised, but has no way to be completely avoided. It seems kind of odd that the PC would submit when wearing no devices and visibly armed. Maybe adding a condition that disables it when no devices are equipped and a weapon is equipped? It would also be nice if the notification fired a few seconds before the actual SL scene starts. Because it's such a sudden event, it's pretty common for it to force the player to use SL controls to move the scene away from a wall, furniture, etc. A 2-3 second delay would prevent that entirely.
  • Bondage offer - Refusing seems to guarantee getting tied up, with 7 of 7 instances so far. Maybe that was just Skyrim's notoriously streaky RNG, but it's actually better to back out of the dialogue right now. Not a big deal, but a weird incentive.

Thanks for making this - it has a permanent place in my load order. :classic_smile:

Edited by SkyAddiction