On 5/18/2023 at 4:04 AM, ooftaj said:

Can not say for certain mod's multipliers features really work.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that?

The Arousal Multiplier is applied whenever the arousal is factored into an event chance, like the case of a Self Bondage Event. It does not multiply the existing arousal of any actor to increase/decrease it. Since you have set it to 0, arousal will not factor into event chances anywhere in your game.

On 5/18/2023 at 8:27 AM, 9-BIT said:

This issue is due to the fact that the MCM menu is not appearing anymore. I opened a previous save that I no longer have and the menu had disappeared. I have since restarted to see if I need a new game for it to reappear but no dice. I have multiple Devious mods installed but until a week ago everything was running as expected. Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

I'm not sure what the issue might be just from this. If menus are not appearing on a new game even, see if the kickstart method of using the setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 command works in having the menus show up properly. If not, you may need to look into trimming your mods a bit.

21 hours ago, shiagwen said:

Bondage addiction :

Which devices counts forward that addiction ?  

those with a special keyword or those which need a key or any other specifics ? 

leather collar has no effect.

Any that has the zad_Lockable keyword on it. Bondage addiction will not increase unless your characters is wearing at least 1 such item.

Edited by Taki17
21 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

Idea: Make probability of finding keys dependent on the location?

For example: You now have the option to set the probability of escape mechanisms low in the cities but higher outside of them so that you now have to leave the 'safe areas' in order to find keys you'll be needing (key which might then later get stolen when you have to get back to the city to sell stuff); or set it high in cities but low elsewhere, so that you are now forced to occasionally get back to the cities to escape your restraints - but then 'bad' outcomes might also be high probability there, so you're not really safe anywhere.

Pretty good idea though, just the right ammount of deviousness to it to fuck around with unsuspecting players. I'll look into implementing it in some simple, toggleable form in one of the upcoming versions. Thanks for the suggestion!

21 hours ago, BYJE137 said:

I assume from the implemented mod functionalities that you're not actually tracking the location now, and I'd assume having to do that as well would decrease the robustness of the linked functionalities in the mod to some extent.

You'd be correct in that no such thing is currently implemented, however a simple location type check before the key is added to the container does not have the complexity to be able to throw much of a wrench in the existing implementation, and testing it's limited is scope seems sort of straightforward too.

9 hours ago, F0xiiNat0r said:

Can confirm everything worked fine on a New Game, so all good here! ?

Happy to hear the issue has been resolved!

8 hours ago, shiagwen said:

suspend events lead to ctd on looting

That's odd. Especially since they have nothing to do with each other in my mod. Care to share more info, like mod setup and a log?

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

Not exactly sure what you mean by that?

The Arousal Multiplier is applied whenever the arousal is factored into an event chance, like the case of a Self Bondage Event. It does not multiply the existing arousal of any actor to increase/decrease it. Since you have set it to 0, arousal will not factor into event chances anywhere in your game.

I'm not sure what the issue might be just from this. If menus are not appearing on a new game even, see if the kickstart method of using the setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 command works in having the menus show up properly. If not, you may need to look into trimming your mods a bit.

Any that has the zad_Lockable keyword on it. Bondage addiction will not increase unless your characters is wearing at least 1 such item.

so if i write zad_lockable on the leather collar it will count to addiction ? 

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

Indeed.

problem is : i dont find them in ck. they have different names.  However, even if i give pc slaveharness and blackcollar who need a key in game,,  i cant see anything from addiction. no raising of stats, no message in active effects. if i put a black leather ring gag on, then message appears topleft corner about wearing restraints. without the gag this message does not appear.  btw there is at same time another message in topleft corner: having cum on your skin makes you more aroused. is that message from you ?  (why should it, but i never had this message before i installed your mod).

and i get ctd also with events enabled. i had no ctd since years.

42 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

i cant see anything from addiction. no raising of stats, no message in active effects.

Addiction has three levels. The levels increase after the 3rd, 5th and 7th day. You will be notified with a messagebox after reaching each level.

43 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

then message appears topleft corner about wearing restraints. without the gag this message does not appear.  btw there is at same time another message in topleft corner: having cum on your skin makes you more aroused. is that message from you ?

Arousal is impacted by wearing restraints, which again checks for them having the zad_lockable keyword on them. And the 2nd message you mention is from DIN too, self evidently increasing arousal if the player has cum on her body.

45 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

and i get ctd also with events enabled. i had no ctd since years.

I can't even begin to look into if it's related or not unless you provide all the information I ask for in the FAQ on the mod page.

First, let me say that I love he mod with all the options available.

If you're still considering features to add:
When sleeping at home(s)/inn(s) located in cities while in high arousal, there is a chance you wake up in bondage.

(Personally i'd like to have a full set plus the petsuit as an outcome)

This way you can get 'help' easier for some of the devices, maybe some rarer/harder types can be used since you don't have to drag yourself back from the middle of nowhere with the slower moving ones. Forcing you to burn more keys/money/actual help. 

(The explanation for the event could be sleepwalking, magic, daedra or something else XD)

11 hours ago, Loki15kun said:

If you're still considering features to add:
When sleeping at home(s)/inn(s) located in cities while in high arousal, there is a chance you wake up in bondage.

I think you'll enjoy the upcoming version.

19 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Well, it was a new installation and things may happen :  i forgot to configurate skse.  so of course ctd came easy. 

Not Guilty , the judge tells you.

though i am angry that something like that could happen to me, i am happy to be able to play your mod now - without ctd.

I have to ask, is there any way to disable to gag talk feature? I'm really not fond of it and I'm about to remove the mod just to get away from that single function. Which is unfortunate because otherwise it's interesting, but something that can lock me out of quest progression is honestly never going to be in my mod order. And by that I mean If I don't cheat my way out of a gag I can't progress on quests because I'm blocked from talking with the NPC because even with 5 arousal and 100% chance on success they don't understand me. Nor do the other 5 NPCs in the room when I try talking to one of them to get them to take it off.

58 minutes ago, Xiaron said:

I have to ask, is there any way to disable to gag talk feature? I'm really not fond of it and I'm about to remove the mod just to get away from that single function. Which is unfortunate because otherwise it's interesting, but something that can lock me out of quest progression is honestly never going to be in my mod order. And by that I mean If I don't cheat my way out of a gag I can't progress on quests because I'm blocked from talking with the NPC because even with 5 arousal and 100% chance on success they don't understand me. Nor do the other 5 NPCs in the room when I try talking to one of them to get them to take it off.

Having DCL with it's own gag talk enabled reduces the strain a bit, because sometimes it wins against DI's one and allows for some talk to be done.

1 hour ago, Xiaron said:

I have to ask, is there any way to disable to gag talk feature?

None currently, and I don't think I'll ever make it fully switchable either. Setting succes chance to 100% is supposed to be the workaround if you want to engage in dialogues with minimal hindrances. However:

1 hour ago, Xiaron said:

I'm blocked from talking with the NPC because even with 5 arousal and 100% chance on success they don't understand me.

This is not intended to happen. Failing to engage in dialogue even with 100% success chance is clearly an issue and I'll look at what's causing it and address it for the next release.

In the meantime, if it's giving you too much trouble, you could get around the feature by adding an impossible condition like "IsXbox == 1" to the gag speak starter lines.

Devious Interests v0.92 has been released.

Once again, my thanks to everonye who downloaded the mod and gave their feedback. This update contains numerous issue fixes, additions and tweaks to existing features, as well as implementing several new ones. Here's what changed:

Changes:

• Bondage Addiction: Renamed the "Unfullfilled Bondage Addiction" magic effect to "Discontent Without Bondage"
  • Self Bondage: A self bondage event can now potentially equip all of the applicable restraints the player is carrying
  • Crime and Jail: Prevented guards from commenting on the player's restraints or starting events when the player is in jail
  • Crime and Jail: Fixed a restraint not being equipped when guards tie up the player
  • Restraint Unlock: Fixed the event being able to unlock quest items
  • Gold Theft: The event won't happen if the player has less than 100 gold
  • Gold Theft: Removed the player's hands being bound as a requirement for this event to happen
  • Activate Plugs/Piercings: Fixed the piercing activation event not working properly
  • Restraint Help: Removed the once-per-day restriction from blacksmiths for unlocking items
  • Gag Speak: Addressed an issue with gag speak failing even when set to 100% success chance
  • Added awareness checks for the player's spouse for certain dialogues (restraint comments, gag speak, prostitution, bondage offer)
  • Introduced an actual random roll against set chances for several potential dialogue outcomes, instead of relying on random topic selection
  • Smoothed out certain events by having their scripts fire on the beginning of the dialogue instead at the end of it
  • Fixed the exclusion dialogue affecting faction followers
  • Solved the issue of recently talked to leveled actors (guards etc.) not being tracked properly
  • Addressed the issue with dhlp-resume events unsuspending mod events even when the "Suspend Mod Events" toggle is on
  • Adjusted some restraint items in leveled lists
  • Fixed incorrectly applied bonus chances for events
  • Improved restraint validation logic
  • Various code adjustments for sanity and robustness
  • Added, changed and rephrased several comments and other dialogue lines

Additions:

• Bondage Addiction: Having sex will temporarily remove the debuffs if the player is addicted to bondage, but is not wearing any restraints
  • Bondage Addiction: A bondage addicted player will be marked as an exhibitionist in SexLab Aroused
  • Stripping: Added the possibility of the player not wanting to dress up for a while after waking up from sleeping naked
  • Restraints: added support and a toggle for hobble dresses
  • Restraints: added support and a toggle for pet suits
  • Find Keys In Loot: added a Loot Keys In Dungeons Bias, its value will increase/decrease the drop rate of lootable restraint keys inside/outside of dungeons, with the possibility of keys only dropping in dungeons/only dropping outside of dungeons
  • Sleep Naked: When toggled on, the player will undress before going to bed
  • Sleep Bondage: The player has a configurable chance to end up bound when sleeping, with the potential of additional events happening too

A new game/clean save is required.

Edited by Taki17

On newest update with a new game. Seems being sent to jail disables the dialog topics permanently. No prison overhauls/alternative arrest sequences. Bounty was 1040 and sent to jail for assault, if that matters. Still get bound and gagged, though there are no pop up messages for it anymore, either.

Edited by HeckinBestBork
Changed "clean save" to "new game" for clarity.
15 hours ago, Taki17 said:

None currently, and I don't think I'll ever make it fully switchable either. Setting succes chance to 100% is supposed to be the workaround if you want to engage in dialogues with minimal hindrances. However:

This is not intended to happen. Failing to engage in dialogue even with 100% success chance is clearly an issue and I'll look at what's causing it and address it for the next release.

In the meantime, if it's giving you too much trouble, you could get around the feature by adding an impossible condition like "IsXbox == 1" to the gag speak starter lines.

A work around would be just fine if it functioned like you intended, my frustration was apparently at a bug so no worries. I'll save the edit in case it's still is too much, but I'll see how it works when it's not glitching. Thanks for the speedy update!

So I assume this is almost an alternative to DCL. A lot of the features sound similar. I've been looking for a mod in the vain of DCL for a while. I like its idea, but the execution leaves something to be desired. The RNG of it can be brutal and debilitating at times.

Hello !
I uninstalled, made a clean save, and updated the new version, and I have a bug related to spouses:

Each time i'm talking to my spouse, she's telling me "What do you need my love", and the only option i have is the "...", and it repeats each time i'm clicking, so stuck in an endless loop.

Do you know how I can fix it please ?
Thank you !

10 hours ago, HeckinBestBork said:

On newest update with a new game. Seems being sent to jail disables the dialog topics permanently. No prison overhauls/alternative arrest sequences. Bounty was 1040 and sent to jail for assault, if that matters. Still get bound and gagged, though there are no pop up messages for it anymore, either.

DIN dialogue is supposed to resume when you either successfully escape from jail or serve your time. Any popup for gags when they are equipped are DD's own, the only popups from my mod in jail happen when the player is released. Will see if I can reproduce this issue and look into it.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

7 hours ago, RoxDox said:

I like its idea, but the execution leaves something to be desired. The RNG of it can be brutal and debilitating at times.

What do you propose, how could it be improved? Or any further pitfalls avoided?

43 minutes ago, Hellethia_ said:

Each time i'm talking to my spouse, she's telling me "What do you need my love", and the only option i have is the "...", and it repeats each time i'm clicking, so stuck in an endless loop.

Do you know how I can fix it please ?

I think I fucked up the dialogue conditions. I have a potential quick fix here ready, however since I don't have any saves with marriages on hand right now, would you mind testing it and getting back to me to see if the solution worked? What I did was to remove the blocking topic and add a spouse condition check to dialogues that are not supposed to trigger for them.

Drop-in plugin replacement: DeviousInterests.esp

Edited by Taki17

What I personally like with your mod is the adding of bounty. I really have a hard time getting anything prison to trigger, because I usually do quests and thus not much time for crime, thus all those great prison mods lay dormant.

Mods that transfer directly transfer to prison might not trigger the installed prison mods and cause the rather boring vanilla prison quest.

I've been looking for a mod in the vain of DCL for a while.

My guess the base of this mod are the scripts from DCL to build upon. To replace DCL you will need multiple specialized mods.

I like its idea, but the execution leaves something to be desired.

The mod just appeared out of nothing and I see it evolving already. Your word choice isn't really helpful or motivating, at least that's my impression, because you don't go into any detail about what exactly it is what you desire, thus it leaves to much space for interpretation.

In early mod stages it would be better if you write something that gives inspiration.

Edited by donttouchmethere
41 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

I think I fucked up the dialogue conditions. I have a potential quick fix here ready, however since I don't have any saves with marriages on hand right now, would you mind testing it and getting back to me to see if the solution worked? What I did was to remove the blocking topic and add a spouse condition check to dialogues that are not supposed to trigger for them.

Drop-in plugin replacement: DeviousInterests.esp

Thank you very much !

Yes, it's working, I can talk normally to my spouse now :)

Thanks a lot for your quick fix !

48 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

What I personally like with your mod is the adding of bounty. I really have a hard time getting anything prison to trigger, because I usually do quests and thus not much time for crime, thus all those great prison mods lay dormant.

If you happen to have more ideas for crime and bounty opportunities, I always welcome them. Just keep that in mind that I don't want to turn the game inside out, and I'm looking for stuff that adds a thinner layer of deviousness over existing game aspects. Like one of the latest addition of seeding restraint keys in NPC's pockets to encourage pickpocketing.

44 minutes ago, excidium93 said:

are there any known mod incompabilities?

I couldn't tell you anything known, since my mod list is pretty light and tightly curated around what I want out of this mod. But generally, mods that share features and aspects might step on each other's toes. I'm thinking the likes of DCL with the restraint dialogues or Fill Her Up for cum inflation.

Edited by Taki17