1 minute ago, Hellethia_ said:

Thank you very much !

Yes, it's working, I can talk normally to my spouse now :)

Thanks a lot for your quick fix !

Much obliged for checking it out! I will redeploy v0.92 with the fixed spouse dialogue conditions shortly.

35 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

The mod just appeared out of nothing and I see it evolving already. Your word choice isn't really helpful or motivating, at least that's my impression, because you don't go into any detail about what exactly it is what you desire, thus it leaves to much space for interpretation.

In early mod stages it would be better if you write something that gives inspiration.

53 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

What do you propose, how could it be improved? Or any further pitfalls avoided?

I think you both misread my message. I said DCL Deviously cursed loot was unforgiving and annoying in the RNG department.

7 hours ago, RoxDox said:

I've been looking for a mod in the vain of DCL for a while. I like its idea, but the execution leaves something to be desired. The RNG of it can be brutal and debilitating at times.

If its still unclear, I was saying. " I like the idea of Deviously cursed loot, but its execution leaves something to be desired. The RNG is annoying"

I said that because I wanted to know if this mod was pretty much a DCL light, or if it was its own thing...

upon re-reading the message I do see how it could have been a bit confusing.... Wooops lol

Edited by RoxDox
7 minutes ago, RoxDox said:

I think you both misread my message. I said DCL Deviously cursed loot was unforgiving and annoying in the RNG department.

I know what you meant, though I will admit it did take me a 2nd try to realize exactly upon reading your comment. Still, the question still stands and I'm curious what are the biggest pitfalls of DCL according to you - so I could hopefully avoid them.

7 minutes ago, RoxDox said:

I said that because I wanted to know if this mod was pretty much a DCL light, or if it was its own thing...

It's a mod built from completely the ground up by me and not a stripped down version of DCL. They do have overlapping features, however they are implemented differently. As to how that resonates with you or remedies your issues with DCL with this being a suitable substitute for it, I think there is only one way to find out.

Edited by Taki17
27 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Just keep that in mind that I don't want to turn the game inside out, and I'm looking for stuff that adds a thinner layer of deviousness over existing game aspects.

That's also what I hope for!

I just started to rebuild my LO and tested the LO with your mod for only 6+ hours.

I'm still in the stage of:

> what does it (and what is from other mods that do comparable things in my LO)

> possible conflicts (technically (LO), but waaaay more important: ingame clusterfuck situations if multiple mods want to do the same thing and don't respect each other)

> synergies, how to optimize settings to fit into the game

So far I didn't see any conflicts technically.

I see lots of synergies and spicing up usually boring situations. (like trying to hire calmed bandits while your mod causes them to comment and make it more risky (DDs/Bounty))

New options, like DD escape, but there are so many mods in LO that offer escape that I have to be careful that it doesn't get too easy.

Synergies for bounty:

SCB wait for bounty

Pama's prison alternative wants to be tested but I need a reason to trigger it ^^

Synergies for DDs:

I like DDs a lot, but I also like a not so consensual reason why they ended up on my PC.

It's really hard to find a middle ground there. Either it's too much/frequent or nothing happens at all (for example me on month long quests and not opening any containers). That's where your mod jumps in.

NPC interaction:

Makes any interaction more risky which creates much welcomed tension. The more the actual status of the PC effect this the better, because it makes it possible to reduce the risk by preventing to give Devious Interest a reason to act.

Other comment related mods:

I need to be careful to find out what mod does trigger a scene or comment. It can get confusing after a long Skyrim/LL break.

Atm that would be:

> SLSF Comments 3.4b

> Devious Interests

Edited by donttouchmethere
20 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

It's a mod built from completely the ground up by me and not a stripped down version of DCL.

Oops.

But the inspiration must be from DCL. The similarities are too obvious (self-bondage, not dropping DDs and the like)

The wheel doesn't need to reinvented all the time me thinks.

26 minutes ago, RoxDox said:

upon re-reading the message I do see how it could have been a bit confusing.... Wooops lol

You totally confused me then lol

I agree on the DCL part. Although I just played around with it and it seems to be easier to tame than I can remember. Sadly a bit bloated.

The idea behind it is clearly an AIO solution with the cost that it isn't very flexible in a complex LO.

Edited by donttouchmethere

38 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

I know what you meant, though I will admit it did take me a 2nd try to realize exactly upon reading your comment. Still, the point still stands and I'm curious what are the biggest pitfalls of DCL - so I could hopefully avoid them.

Yeah I just re-read my message and realised it was a bit confusing woops.

For me the biggest issues with DCL were as follows:

• RNG was punishing with standard settings to the point you had to stop playing Skyrim and spend minutes to hours trying to escape your bondage predicament.
  • most of the DCL events were also like this. They broke the gameplay loop and slowed the game down horribly. 
  • DCL is a novice of everything a master of nothing. Prison overhaul, devious style followers, prostitution, combat defeat, etc. I understand DCL is nearly 10 years old and probably pioneered a lot of these things which were then made into separate mods that did it better. (I've already seen that you allow for togglable things which is magnificent)

I could certainly go on but I feel I might be getting a little harsh lol.

37 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

It's a mod built from completely the ground up by me and not a stripped down version of DCL. They do have overlapping features, however they are implemented differently. As to how that resonates with you or remedies your issues with DCL with this being a suitable substitute for it, I think there is only one way to find out.

I haven't gotten around to my new test save with this mod yet but hope to tonight. It is always nice to try something new. 

1 hour ago, donttouchmethere said:

But the inspiration must be from DCL. The similarities are too obvious (self-bondage, not dropping DDs and the like)

The wheel doesn't need to reinvented all the time me thinks.

I never denied that the concepts of some features originate from other mods. I have taken a lot of inspiration from the now inaccessible the dialog events from DD Integration too.

My implementations are completely different though, as are the full extent of mechanics involved. My mod has a different structure to them, so everything is built from the ground up. Not only would it be lazy and scummy to just lift the implementations from other mods, I also especially enjoy solving these design challenges and pushing myself to find more creative and efficient solutions with the tools at hand.

49 minutes ago, RoxDox said:
  • DCL is a novice of everything a master of nothing. Prison overhaul, devious style followers, prostitution, combat defeat, etc. I understand DCL is nearly 10 years old and probably pioneered a lot of these things which were then made into separate mods that did it better. (I've already seen that you allow for togglable things which is magnificent)

Dunno if this'll be disappoint you or not, however with these features in my mod I did also strive for simplicity and minimal impact for their implementations. The idea is that these are straightforward and to the point elements that do exactly what is described. If you want something more elaborate for any of them, you can turn off the feature in DIN and install a mod that does more with it.

Edited by Taki17
27 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

I never denied that the concepts of some features originate from other mods. I have taken a lot of inspiration from the now inaccessible the dialog events from DD Integration too.

My implementations are completely different though, as are the full extent of mechanics involved. My mod has a different structure to them, so everything is built from the ground up. Not only would it be lazy and scummy to just lift the implementations from other mods, I also especially enjoy solving these design challenges and pushing myself to find more creative and efficient solutions with the tools at hand.

No worries. I never thought anything is scummy. I also don't see anything bad in starting the mod with ideas you liked from from other mods to start. Even better if you can work with authors you draw inspiration from. I can feel ingame already that it's different from DCL's approach and I'm super happy that you made a new mod available for my rather devious LO.

NPC reacting to the status of the PC is priceless and makes everything feel more alive and connected. Also you made it easy for us users to customize everything via MCM by on/off switches and % chance and event down times. Connections to other mods are is splendid and everything feels refined already.

13 hours ago, HeckinBestBork said:

On newest update with a new game. Seems being sent to jail disables the dialog topics permanently. No prison overhauls/alternative arrest sequences. Bounty was 1040 and sent to jail for assault, if that matters. Still get bound and gagged, though there are no pop up messages for it anymore, either.

After some additional testing, it appears one of my other mods is the culprit. Apologies for the false alarm.

I had a bondage offer event where one of the items couldn't equip due to a conflict with other devices. I also had a sleep event that equipped a pet suit and a straight jacket at the same time. Maybe having some pre designed suits would help see certain items get used more often? Some items could also be exclusive to the custom suits so that they don't make strange things happen as much.

18 hours ago, Quoozey said:

I had a bondage offer event where one of the items couldn't equip due to a conflict with other devices. I also had a sleep event that equipped a pet suit and a straight jacket at the same time.

Sounds like I have not found all quirks of the restraint validator just yet. I will take good long look at it to what needs to be done.

18 hours ago, Quoozey said:

Maybe having some pre designed suits would help see certain items get used more often? Some items could also be exclusive to the custom suits so that they don't make strange things happen as much.

How do you mean this exactly?

Because if you mean having several item sets made of different restraints for every scenario, it's not something that I want to implement, given how almost every restraint type can be turned on and off for the precise reason to have/not have them featured in events such as these, and having said item sets take this into account sounds a lot more trouble and complexity than it's worth.

Edited by Taki17
8 hours ago, Taki17 said:

How do you mean this exactly?

Because if you mean having several item sets made of different restraints for every scenario, it's not something that I want to implement, given how almost every restraint type can be turned on and off for the precise reason to have/not have them featured in events such as these, and having said item sets take this into account sounds a lot more trouble and complexity than it's worth.

Fair enough. I assume you know what the simplest way to solve this problem is better than I do.

Hey,

I'm currently in the process of planning my next playthrough and haven't gotten a chance to test anything.

But I'm really liking what your mod is aiming to do and am definitely adding it to my game when the time comes.

Do you think the new sleep bondage feature would be compatible with sleep encounter mods such as the sleeping encounter module from sands of time? Basically it interrupts your sleep and throws some enemies at the player.

3 hours ago, skrimname said:

Do you think the new sleep bondage feature would be compatible with sleep encounter mods such as the sleeping encounter module from sands of time? Basically it interrupts your sleep and throws some enemies at the player.

I'm gonna preface this by I know fuck all about the mod you mention. However: the key words here are "interrupts your sleep", and that allows me to make some educated assumptions on compatibility.

The game sends out an event name OnSleepStop when the player awakens from sleep. If the player is awoken before the time you set on sleep time slider, the sleep is marked as interrupted. If the sleep was interrupted, Sleep Bondage from DIN will not happen.

So if the mod you mention works like this, there shouldn't be any unintended consequences of suddenly needing to fight enemies bound. However: if you have Stripping enabled and your character went to sleep naked, there is a chance for her for not wanting dress up for a while after waking up. In this case, be prepared to fight any spawned enemies naked.

10 hours ago, Taki17 said:

So if the mod you mention works like this, there shouldn't be any unintended consequences of suddenly needing to fight enemies bound. However: if you have Stripping enabled and your character went to sleep naked, there is a chance for her for not wanting dress up for a while after waking up. In this case, be prepared to fight any spawned enemies naked.

Got it, that sounds perfect. 

Thanks for the reply.

I like this mod a lot but there is a major problem. I have pet suits toggled off in MCM. I hate pet suits. I don't like their aesthetics and I don't like the limitations they impose.

Yet this mod KEEPS EQUIPPING PET SUITS ON ME.

So I really don't want to deactivate it because I like the other things it does very much. But I'm going to have to, because of the pet suits.

I.

HATE. 

PET SUITS.

Is it because I have non-consensual stuff active? I feel like the MCM toggle ought to override that but maybe not.

ETA: Turning off non-consensual did stop it. 

Would there be a way to exclude certain NPC's from making comments/attempting to add items, maybe through a dialogue option or spell?

Edited by GeorgiaCav

So, essentially, this mod brings in most of the features of Deviously Cursed Loot, without story additions and remnants of 8 years old code?

This sound absolutely A-MA-ZING.

I'm trying to make a lighter version of my regular mod list, and this should fit right in.

Great stuff @Taki17 ?

I'd wish someone would make a voice pack for it, now that would be fantastic.

Edited by krzp
6 hours ago, GeorgiaCav said:

I like this mod a lot but there is a major problem. I have pet suits toggled off in MCM. I hate pet suits. I don't like their aesthetics and I don't like the limitations they impose.

Yet this mod KEEPS EQUIPPING PET SUITS ON ME.

The random restraint equip function was missing a check for the petsuit toggle being active or not.

I have reuploaded v0.92 with a proper check in place, this should stop them from being equipped when they are disabled.

6 hours ago, GeorgiaCav said:

Would there be a way to exclude certain NPC's from making comments/attempting to add items, maybe through a dialogue option or spell?

Not by this mod at the moment, however one sure way of having dialogue events not happen with NPCs is if you add them to the zadDisableDialogueFaction. Or if there is a specific base game NPC or group of base game NPCs that need not say comments under certain circumstances, tell me so I can add them to the exclusion dialogue.

Edited by Taki17
1 hour ago, krzp said:

I'd wish someone would make a voice pack for it, now that would be fantastic.

I would advise against that as long as I don't have the mod finalized, since dialogue structure and lines are always subject to change. However, I also have no issue if anyone wants to create one, just keep those pitfalls in mind before committing to it.

1 hour ago, nameless701 said:

Idea
- after a rape the NPC steal your clothes
- guards search the player for keys

love this idea, always thought it was odd no one had made a mod that strips the player or tears off clothes

Will you consider adding a toggle between males and females triggering events or certain events in the future? The only reason this is not in my LO atm is because there is a chance if I speak to a female it will trigger events especially rape. I hate strapons and lesbian stuff in my current playthrough. Just saying. But from what I played with it's a great mod and does what it says without bloat.

One extra thing I'd love to see is from Deviously Enslaved, they come over saying "hey slut I want to fuck" and if you are gagged all you can say is "mmmph", "ah good I didn't care what you had to say anyway". When someone comes up for free sex could they talk first so you know what is coming, instead of just stopping in your path. 

16 hours ago, Taki17 said:

The random restraint equip function was missing a check for the petsuit toggle being active or not.

I have reuploaded v0.92 with a proper check in place, this should stop them from being equipped when they are disabled.

Not by this mod at the moment, however one sure way of having dialogue events not happen with NPCs is if you add them to the zadDisableDialogueFaction. Or if there is a specific base game NPC or group of base game NPCs that need not say comments under certain circumstances, tell me so I can add them to the exclusion dialogue.

Perfect, thanks! I'll dl the mod and reinstall. Getting ready to start a new character anyway.

Thanks for the faction tip. That ought to do the trick. Mainly I wanted to exclude the NPC's from pchs/Monoman's Wartimes. Especially Father, it really breaks the mod's story to have him slapping restraints on you before the progression gets to that point.