3 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

AndrewLRG was to use DAR then may user swap animation as they need? 

No, not that. The patch from @AndrewLRG adds a Dynamic Defeat feature.

Here are the links to version 1.2 and version 1.3 of the Dynamic Defeat patch from AndrewLRG. These posts describe the Dynamic Defeat feature.

Version 1.2

Version 1.3

Edited by Herowynne

Hey ya'll, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but after a bit of searching I haven't been able to find a definitive answer:  Can you rebind this mods keys?  the description lists surrender, target, action, etc keys as "defaults" but there doesn't seem to be any way to rebind them? I've checked all the sexlab MCM menus, and i've poked around the mod's files to see if there were any obviously named configuration files.  So far, nothing.   I'm messing around trying to setup a somewhat large list and having a bunch of unlisted keys I can't rebind is a pain.

4 minutes ago, DUSabot said:

the description lists surrender, target, action, etc keys as "defaults" but there doesn't seem to be any way to rebind them?

Click the line in the MCM that shows the function's current hotkey, and you'll be prompted to select a different one.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:04 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Click the line in the MCM that shows the function's current hotkey, and you'll be prompted to select a different one.

On 8/28/2022 at 10:04 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, the MCM menu for defeat doesn't show those keys.  It only displays the "modifier" and "option" keys  but doesn't show the "surrender" or "action" keys which, incidentally, are the ones I'd like to rebind.  If you have the option to change these it probably means i've got an issue with my setup, but It's not clear from reading the mod's page if that's the case.

Hey guys, I have a question. It's not a big problem, I can easily live with it, but when I use the "tie permanently" option, there's no animation and the character bugs out, so he can move freely even though he's supposed to be tied up? 

I welcome any hints or advise, though it's not impossible that I messed something up.

Edit : I have absolutely no idea what I did, but it's fixed, so nevermind.

Edited by darrkrad
On 12/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, Vets said:

I assume your character is male? You can enable player victim then enable "player can be knocked down by everyone" but disable "male allowed". Your character should now go into a knocked down state but then be ignored for your female followers. Only seems to work with Bane's version.

Does this actually work?  I can't seem to make it happen as described in my male slaver profile, as my male orc character always dies

Two things come to mind, so if anyone has made it work OK:

- are they using the 'essential' or 'wound' settings?

- what race is your character?  I'm beginning to wonder if it's an 'Orcs must Die' thing   LOL

TIA for any suggestions

13 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Does this actually work?  I can't seem to make it happen as described in my male slaver profile, as my male orc character always dies

Two things come to mind, so if anyone has made it work OK:

- are they using the 'essential' or 'wound' settings?

- what race is your character?  I'm beginning to wonder if it's an 'Orcs must Die' thing   LOL

TIA for any suggestions

I have never tried in a male PC, most "lewd" mods for Skyrim are targeting female PC. 

Do you have another mod, that also set "Essential" on the PC?  Something like another "defeat" mod or Babodialogue?  (defeat mod that is not SL defeat like Death Alternative or other)

If more than one mod is setting essential, depending on the implementation, they can cancel each other.  It happened to me with babodialgue and sl defeat using essential during defeat, I disabled babodialgue option.

I'm using the Banemaster version combined with "Dynamic Defeat" add-on.  Essential and dynamic combined, what ever triggers first.   Sometimes it even works on NPC vs NPC, but it depends on papyrus overhead.

Link to Banemaster patched version is a few posts above.  Start testing on default, and tweak as you see fit.  I my setup, wound, stun, exhaustion, and vulnerability are disabled, but you may want it enabled to test the mod is working because does setting trigger defeat faster before health is zero.   Unless papyrus is overloaded and triggers late.  

You can also make sure "Player as victim" has a hot-key set, normally K, but you need to make sure is not shared with other mods.  Use the hotkey to trigger surrender to enemy humanoid NPC.  It is the faster to manually trigger and test the basics of the mod, after that test defeat scenarios based on your setup.  Also make sure to take a look at the "Assault by NPC"\Knockdown transition, to set behavior with a follower. 

Edited by safado
10 hours ago, safado said:

I have never tried in a male PC, most "lewd" mods for Skyrim are targeting female PC. 

Do you have another mod, that also set "Essential" on the PC?  Something like another "defeat" mod or Babodialogue?  (defeat mod that is not SL defeat like Death Alternative or other)

If more than one mod is setting essential, depending on the implementation, they can cancel each other.  It happened to me with babodialgue and sl defeat using essential during defeat, I disabled babodialgue option.

I'm using the Banemaster version combined with "Dynamic Defeat" add-on.  Essential and dynamic combined, what ever triggers first.   Sometimes it even works on NPC vs NPC, but it depends on papyrus overhead.

Link to Banemaster patched version is a few posts above.  Start testing on default, and tweak as you see fit.  I my setup, wound, stun, exhaustion, and vulnerability are disabled, but you may want it enabled to test the mod is working because does setting trigger defeat faster before health is zero.   Unless papyrus is overloaded and triggers late.  

You can also make sure "Player as victim" has a hot-key set, normally K, but you need to make sure is not shared with other mods.  Use the hotkey to trigger surrender to enemy humanoid NPC.  It is the faster to manually trigger and test the basics of the mod, after that test defeat scenarios based on your setup.  Also make sure to take a look at the "Assault by NPC"\Knockdown transition, to set behavior with a follower. 

Thanks

I'm trying SL Defeat SSE.5.3.6 Bane Live 08022022 at the moment, with some of the settings you have suggested and I have mede progress to the point that the PC doesn't die.  No followers are engaged, so I'll try tweaking a few other things - maybe knockdown length is too short for the game to 'catch up' ? - as well as a few other ideas

On 9/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, DonQuiWho said:

Thanks

I'm trying SL Defeat SSE.5.3.6 Bane Live 08022022 at the moment, with some of the settings you have suggested and I have mede progress to the point that the PC doesn't die.  No followers are engaged, so I'll try tweaking a few other things - maybe knockdown length is too short for the game to 'catch up' ? - as well as a few other ideas

@Bane Master + Anyone else who might help

2 Queries

1 - Player Race

• I have been playing using Bane Master's 'SL Defeat SSE.5.3.6 Bane Live 08022022' version) with a Male ORC PC
  •  
  • So, revisiting this question quickly, are there any reasons why Defeat, this or any other version, might not work properly if the PC is an ORC?
  •  
  • I could never get a Defeat scenario to progress to the 'normal' Defeat outcome with a female assailant and ORC PC.  Most often, but infuriatingly not always) the ORC PC just straightout died, irrespective of knockdown type/status, eg set as Essential, Knock Down by Wound etc! 
  •  
  • I got a chanc eto try changing the PC Race to Imperial (and also set Struggle as valid), and immediately the knockdown event seemed to function correctly - insofar as a 'normal' assault outcome took place - just like in games from as far back as I can remember  (although I still need to test some tweaking on the Animation Settings to ensure F/M works as intended - basically, I think I screwed those up  LOL)   (Should say that with PC set as an ORC, the outcome, ie death, was independent of Struggle being ON or OFF)
  •  
  • Bottom line question is, does the PC 'Race' matter/make a difference, within Defeat's workings?

2 - Range

• Within what 'physical' range do Followers have to be of the main PC event/assault encounter, for them to be engaged by the victorious villains?  I see them get knocked down OK, but no assault seems to take place, and they need to be 'Revived', after the baddies have moved on from the scene, before they get back in the game.  Visually their knockdown looks about 50/75 yards from the PC knockdown
  •  
  • I see fighting NPCs, engaged with each other or creatures, disappearing into the far distance with Screen messages that imply that an assault has happened, somewhere well out of visual sight, and also confirmed to by the 'Fill Her Up' mod's reports that a cum exchanging event took place, and consequently I'm puzzled as to why local followers may be left alone
  •  
  • So, does the follower distance from the PC matter on PC knockdown, for their being engaged?  If so, whaty is it, pls?

As ever, TIA for any info / help etc

DQW

10 minutes ago, DonQuiWho said:

Bottom line question is, does the PC 'Race' matter/make a difference, within Defeat's workings?

I've not come across anything that would explain this although I've never looked into it explicitly.

22 minutes ago, DonQuiWho said:

So, does the follower distance from the PC matter on PC knockdown, for their being engaged?  If so, whaty is it, pls?

Although the Quest that grabs the actors uses the Loaded Area - the script that handles Aggressors is limited in range  by the use of :

.GetDistance(Victim) <= 2000.0

In a number of functions - so I assume effective range is 2000 units or just over 90', so the followers and aggressors need to be in fairly close proximity.

11 hours ago, Bane Master said:

I've not come across anything that would explain this although I've never looked into it explicitly.

Although the Quest that grabs the actors uses the Loaded Area - the script that handles Aggressors is limited in range  by the use of :

.GetDistance(Victim) <= 2000.0

In a number of functions - so I assume effective range is 2000 units or just over 90', so the followers and aggressors need to be in fairly close proximity.

Thanks.

I think that that range limitation almost certainly accounts for what I saw

Meantime, I'll maintain the ethnicity change.  After all, things are the wrong way round if one is trying to prevent Orcs dying when they really should

A public service announcement, so hopefully others won't repeat my blunder.

I had trouble with Defeat not working in my latest game.  I'd imported my settings, everything looked fine, but on bleedout my character was stuck with no struggle bar and no ability to look around.

I wasted a lot of time looking through the scripts for a nonexistent problem.  Then I tried simply toggling the "Essential - On Bleedout" setting.  That worked.  So often, it's the simple things that succeed where complex approaches fail.

Thinking back, my goof was that early in the game when I had enabled Defeat, I started it on its MCM page, then imported settings without leaving the MCM.  Defeat correctly sets the quest alias reference when the On Bleedout setting is imported, but the quest hadn't had a chance to start because I hadn't left the MCM yet.  I confirmed that by going back to before the point where I'd tried toggling the setting.  Simply reimporting the settings worked.  This was not Defeat's fault, just a consequence of how it works.

Lesson Learned:  After enabling Defeat, a player must exit the MCM entirely before importing Defeat settings.

1 hour ago, PapaBearIsHere said:

got a warning that said >>Warning: \character\behaviors\FNIS_Defeat_Behavior.hkx not Skyrim SE compatible<< after installing this mod and checking things with FNIS, what do I do?

you are on the LE support page, uninstall this and go find & download the SE version of this mod,

Looking to create functionality that when drink a potion in combat there is a small chance that it causes some reaction that results in surrender. I can create the onequipitem logic. Is there an easy way for the script to simulate surrender key press? or call an event that would cause the PC to surrender? saw this idea in naked defeat mod. would like to try to string something together for defeat.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DewyCave said:

I can't get Robberies to trigger, even at 100%. Tried many times with different settings, different enemies... And it used to work fine on other saves. Could SL Survival or RapeTattoos prevent it?

Where is Defeat in your Load Order?