8 hours ago, dragonproudsky said:

Can I put them in a bag and take them back to my safe house then lock them up there without additional mods?

Possibly with a unique NPC (one with a unique name, like Belethor), but not with generic NPCs like "Bandit".  Generic NPCs are temporary.  They tend to disappear after you leave the area, even if you put one in your bag.

8 hours ago, sattyre said:

Just a heads up.  Defeat doesn't recognize UIExtensions if it is given the esl flag

That's not a surprise. If one deletes UIExtensions it won't be detected either (in both cases plugin will not have index lower than 255 so won't be found).

But why or what for one would do that is a mystery to me - UIExtensions is not marked by anything I know of as ESL-able - for a reason.

2 hours ago, PippinTom said:

That's not a surprise. If one deletes UIExtensions it won't be detected either (in both cases plugin will not have index lower than 255 so won't be found).

But why or what for one would do that is a mystery to me - UIExtensions is not marked by anything I know of as ESL-able - for a reason.

Well there is nothing to stop people, myself included, from flagging mods with the esl flag.   In most cases, i haven't had issues.  But this is a case where I did, so I thought it worth mentioning.

On that note, if somebody really really needs to flag UIExtensions as ESL, they can, if they also change the detection method in Defeat (maybe Game.IsPluginInstalled or maybe GetLightModByName).

Edited by Roggvir
24 minutes ago, sattyre said:

Well there is nothing to stop people, myself included, from flagging mods with the esl flag.   In most cases, i haven't had issues.  But this is a case where I did, so I thought it worth mentioning.

You can use hints from mod managers or other tools, like WRYE bash - it marks plugins as ESL-able, so anything not marked as ESL-able should not be flagged as most likely will cause issues if not with marked plugin itself then with other mods depending on that one.

You can use hints from mod managers or other tools, like WRYE bash - it marks plugins as ESL-able, so anything not marked as ESL-able should not be flagged as most likely will cause issues if not with marked plugin itself then with other mods depending on that one.

That isn't quite true.  Many mods require compacting, but will take the esl flag without issue.  Yes, Wrye bash marks mods that can get the flag without compacting, but there are a few instances where some of those shouldn't get the flag.  XMPSE's SOS plugin comes to mind as well as skyUI.  Obviously, you can add the flag to those two mods, but some people report problems after.  The esl flag is just looking for mods with formids in a certain range, and compacting changes the formids to fall into that range.  That being said, obviously you can't compact and flag just any mod, and you probably shouldn't compact a mod that is primarily a master for other mods.

Anyway, that is enough said.  Primarily, I was just drawing attention to the fact.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question because I'm totally new at trying to modify the settings but I can't seem to figure it out. Whenever my character gets raped by a Draugr she's the one in the aggressor position raping them. I also can't seem to get the actors to swap positions with the command.

11 hours ago, jada_lili said:

i still die and doesn't work

Check that you don't have other mods installed that prevent player death.  If another mod is setting and unsetting PC "essential" status based on its own conditions, it could easily interfere with Defeat.

If you're having trouble, I recommend using only the "Essential - On Bleedout" condition on the "Player as Victim" MCM page.  That one has been 100% reliable for me, but I've sometimes had the other conditions not trigger.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:18 AM, wren888 said:

Thanks, Zeorik.

Though my version of Defeat doesn't have a "recheck animation" button, what you said about when to register animations helped.

As you said, I needed to register SLAL animations before enabling Defeat. I also found I should have not only load order right (Mod Organizer right pane, for those who have it), but also the priority right (the left pane in Mod Organizer). For anyone out  there who has the same problem I did, I put the relevant mods in this order of priority: 1) SL, 2) ZAP, 3) SL Animation Loader, 4) All SLAL animations, 5) Defeat 5.3.6, Bane 6) Defeat LRG patch. Of course, the load order in MO's right pane should match this.

But then I had to fix my current save. I went to the MCM and 1) uninstalled Defeat (export settings first if you haven't already), 2) In SLAL, I de-registered all animations and rebuilt the SL registry on that same SLAL page. I clicked the two JSON things that are also there, enabled all my animations again and registered them. 3) Just to make sure (because I don't understand things as well as some), I went to the Creature Framework and unregistered/reregistered everything. 4) I checked SL to make sure everything was checked. 5) I reinstalled Defeat and imported my settings.

All the creatures showed up in Defeat's "Player as victim" tab, "enable creatures" box.

If I left something out that I should've explained or put extra things in, I apologize. The above worked for me.

Thanks again, Zeorik, for identifying my problem and putting me on the right track.

Thank you thank you thank you ❤️ Everything works :3  For me, it was enough to disable all animals from the list and enable  and  I also disable/enable men and women just in case.

Edited by Daemia
Inserted text in wrong place

Odd defeat outcome: 

Found something I never noticed back in the day:

1. You can capture someone who is sleeping and put them straight in the bag

2. When you release them, they are unconscious

3. Among the options is 'wake and yield'

4. Then they stand up and you get a dialogue tree to demand them to undress or hand over goods

5. Then another dialogue to demand sex

6. This is followed by a cool struggle animation (PC grabs NPC by the arms pins them to ground)

7. At this point my character loses the animation and falls down momentarily;

8. The victim gets up and I get up and apart from the NPC being naked, all is back to normal, except the awkward silence.

At this point I can start with regular Defeat Grapple keys (grabs from behind) or dialogue prompts from Submit (How about getting to know each other...?).

Instead of the last two steps, how to win the grapple in step 6 and progress a sex animation instead of falling down and starting over with plain defeat stuff?

Is there a key not on the menu I should be pressing?

*Bonus question - I have Zaz's big animation pack and the Funnybiz/Necro stuff; who else has cool forced animations?

On 7/30/2022 at 1:22 AM, Typewriter_John said:

Whenever I get knocked down, I get a prompt to talk to my aggressor (the press "E" to talk thing).

How do I remove that? Thanks.

Would love to know as well.  And without disabling all HUD display cause then I lose apropos messages

Hey, I know this is quite old, but I need some help.

Everything on Defeat seems to be working fine, but there's one problem: when the animation starts, it gets stuck for a long while. I pulled the console and see that it's checking a bunch of spells, before the actual scene trigger shows up. Then the animation starts and everything goes normally from there.

But that's the problem. For some reason, it starts checking a lot of spells before the action can happen and that's a bit... Distracting. 

Any ideas of how to solve this or has this been covered already?

On 4/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, Slorm said:

It's been some years since I last tried this mod but thought I'd give it a try again using the Bane Master v5.3.6 version.

Everything seems to work except if defeated by a human/animal at the end the pc is stuck on the ground after the sex scene and cannot move. The attacker then goes hostile after a few seconds and attacks the pc again.

I've tried various settings like setting Robbery to 0 etc but the pc always goes into the pose of sitting on the ground and is unable to move.

EDIT:

Animal attacks have the same problem.

After a bit more testing I found that once the pc has been hit again a press on the left mouse button will then put her into attack mode but her chances of escaping are not good by then

I'm also having this problem. Any fixes or workarounds?

I'm not developing Defeat at the moment so I would need some persuading that this is a piece of work I want to do, I've not worked on Defeat's post event system so I don't know how easy it is to update.

That said - I'm happy to at least discuss what you are suggesting as even if I don't do it somebody else might decide to.

So, are you asking for Follower outfits, player Outfits,  both? And under what circumstances?

9 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

I'm not developing Defeat at the moment so I would need some persuading that this is a piece of work I want to do, I've not worked on Defeat's post event system so I don't know how easy it is to update.

That said - I'm happy to at least discuss what you are suggesting as even if I don't do it somebody else might decide to.

So, are you asking for Follower outfits, player Outfits,  both? And under what circumstances?

Good question!

Simplest way I can think of expressing it is as follows

---------------

Situartion Now:  LRG patch

Adds, on the Defeat 'hand off' event

a random number of restraints

from a range calculated using

MCM specified min to max numbers

to both

the player

and

the player's followers

taken from

the limited range of DD restraints hard coded in DCL

which LRG/Defeat provides to be selected from

options chosen in the Defeat MCM

that allowing those available to Defeat to be specified as valid/invalid for use at Defeat's 'hand off'

(I'm unclear if, say you validate in the MCM all three types of available gag, eg ball/panel/ring if there is

any probability range associated with the selection, and

if there is,

where that is determined.

The player and NPC followers will end up with random, DCL only, DD items added within the MCM options selected

------------------------

Suggested

One JSON

in which the player can specify

from ALL the DDs available to them in their game

as many outfits as they wish comprised of

whatever content they want

whatever overall difficulty they want to introduce in any one outfit

where

on Defeat's 'hand off', on a random basis, one of the preset outfits will be added to

the player - a Random Selection from the outfits spec'd in the JSON list

and

each follower - a Random Selection from the outfits spec'd in the JSON list

to the end that

the player and each follower may end up having

the same outfit

an outfit different from all those other PC/NPCs involved

---------------------------

Basically the whole thing is driven by the user's creativity in producing the JSON content, and what they want to see in their gameplay

They may get less 'randomness' on the individual component mix than presently, but that would be compensated for by their being able to get outcomes more relevant to their own gameplay style, in that a change like this would cater for

more DD restraints being available to play with (or should that be available to be played with?)

and also satisfy

the player who just wanted to see all their characters wandering around in pretty straightjackets, hobble skirts, gags and blindfolds as they try to break the record for how long it takes to get from Riverwood to Winterhold,

or

the player who believes that actually a bunch of bandits would have minimalist rope restraints to tie up their victims, but do so as well as they were able, so that they might be stashed away nicely for a repeat visitation

you could even probably swap JSONs, using Explorer, mid game depending on where you were/the enemy you faced  LOL

---------------------------

There should be less in game delay too, in that adding a preset outfit, albeit a random one from the JSON, should avoid a whole load or processing going through the existing selection criteria, probabilities etc

I reckon, albeit possibly completely wrongly LOL, that most of the outfit application mechanics involved are already built into FSM

-------------------------

Whatever, does that help create a resaonable, albeit almost certainly imperfect, picture of the sort of idea I had in mind?

4 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Whatever, does that help create a resaonable, albeit almost certainly imperfect, picture of the sort of idea I had in mind?

It does, Thankyou.

What you are suggesting is a fair chunk of work - certainly the json Outfit methodology I have used in FSM could be also be used in a project like this, or any other where outfits are added to followers. The player would likely be handled separately, although in a similar way and could use the same Outfits or a different selection.

So - in short, yes I think it could be done but It's a fair amount of work and I'm afraid  it's not something that I can commit to atm. 

Edited by Bane Master