Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

It definitely pays to wait a couple years before giving Skyrim a second run, eh?  Coming fresh off a New Vegas playthrough in which breast physics is dictated by animations only, I was hopeful that somebody had got the idea of utilizing physics by now, and sure enough, here we are.

Now, I appreciate that there is mostly technical banter going on here, so I'll try not to clutter this thread too much, especially seeing as how I don't have anything to offer in that regard.

My current version of HDT Breast Physic-it's not perfect, but it's my taste:

http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/14-update-clps-hdt-customized-2013-12-17/

A dance video about this:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18iobz

I am very impressed with the state of this mod, as exemplified by the above video.  What I want to address is the topic of tweaking the engine for... I was going to say "realism" but I think I'll instead use the term "1-G accuracy".  In those terms, I think the temporal variables for the breasts / buttocks in the above video are pretty close.  By temporal I mean if you sped up or slowed down the jiggle, you might veer away from realism.

The temporal variable is one out of three that I see as being important.  Another would be what I'm going to call "malleability" - how much the affected areas are allowed to shift based on body movements.  Here it's a tougher call, but I can't help but feel that the breasts in the above video seem a little too constricted.

The third variable is probably the most important, insofar as fixing what seems to be the main flaw in every example video I've seen for this mod.  For lack of correct terminology, I'm going to call it "friction" - the variable which should be putting brakes on the jiggle.  In the above video, and all other videos I've found, breasts / buttocks seem to jiggle to a constantly but infinitely reducing degree.  Say, a breast jiggles about 2 inches from stationary.  A second later, it's 1 inch.  A second later, it's 0.5 inches.  Then 0.25 inches.  And so on, apparently forever.  Same deal with buttocks.  It gives the physical impression of something on a metal spring, rather than something made of flesh.  Real breasts stop jiggling (when motion ceases) in quite short order and definitely come to a halt altogether within a second or two most.  That's just how flesh is.

I'm perfectly aware that this isn't news to anyone, but I can't help but feel that all developmental focus has been on getting things working, and now that this mod is pretty much at the point where the average user could probably get it up and running if they desired, maybe some focus could be spent on tweaks that push things in a more "1-G accurate" direction.  Heck, maybe these variables, including "friction", are already fully tweakable and I'm just that clueless.

That's all I got.  Everyone working on this is doing a fantastic job, and it is greatly appreciated.

It definitely pays to wait a couple years before giving Skyrim a second run, eh?  Coming fresh off a New Vegas playthrough in which breast physics is dictated by animations only, I was hopeful that somebody had got the idea of utilizing physics by now, and sure enough, here we are.

Now, I appreciate that there is mostly technical banter going on here, so I'll try not to clutter this thread too much, especially seeing as how I don't have anything to offer in that regard.

http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/14-update-clps-hdt-customized-2013-12-17/

I am very impressed with the state of this mod, as exemplified by the above video.  What I want to address is the topic of tweaking the engine for... I was going to say "realism" but I think I'll instead use the term "1-G accuracy".  In those terms, I think the temporal variables for the breasts / buttocks in the above video are pretty close.  By temporal I mean if you sped up or slowed down the jiggle, you might veer away from realism.

The temporal variable is one out of three that I see as being important.  Another would be what I'm going to call "malleability" - how much the affected areas are allowed to shift based on body movements.  Here it's a tougher call, but I can't help but feel that the breasts in the above video seem a little too constricted.

The third variable is probably the most important, insofar as fixing what seems to be the main flaw in every example video I've seen for this mod.  For lack of correct terminology, I'm going to call it "friction" - the variable which should be putting brakes on the jiggle.  In the above video, and all other videos I've found, breasts / buttocks seem to jiggle to a constantly but infinitely reducing degree.  Say, a breast jiggles about 2 inches from stationary.  A second later, it's 1 inch.  A second later, it's 0.5 inches.  Then 0.25 inches.  And so on, apparently forever.  Same deal with buttocks.  It gives the physical impression of something on a metal spring, rather than something made of flesh.  Real breasts stop jiggling (when motion ceases) in quite short order and definitely come to a halt altogether within a second or two most.  That's just how flesh is.

I'm perfectly aware that this isn't news to anyone, but I can't help but feel that all developmental focus has been on getting things working, and now that this mod is pretty much at the point where the average user could probably get it up and running if they desired, maybe some focus could be spent on tweaks that push things in a more "1-G accurate" direction.  Heck, maybe these variables, including "friction", are already fully tweakable and I'm just that clueless.

That's all I got.  Everyone working on this is doing a fantastic job, and it is greatly appreciated.

I would say that if you're after a reasonably accurate simulation of hydrodynamics, that you should install the default. the effect is weighty, bottom heavy and stops quickly. The dance video does what it does because it's that dudes own customization of the bounce. Mine is different yet.

But default may do it for you (=

I changed the captcha on hdt.monsto.com . . . it's now something you can actually read.

:)

I'm having a crash with an explicit log entry. 

I'm playing "tundra defense" and you can spawn guards. some of them are female. You can 'relocate' the guard by basically despawning them which puts an item in your inventory. When i despawn one, the game crashes. If I load the crash save, the item is in my inventory and appears to behave normally.

entire crashlog:

hdtPhysicsExtensions
[12/17/13 21:53:08]INFO: Queue OK
[12/17/13 21:53:08]INFO: System run with 8 threads
[12/17/13 21:53:08]INFO: Havok simulated world created.
[12/17/13 21:53:08]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[12/17/13 21:57:07]INFO: Cell changed...
[12/17/13 21:57:07]INFO: Add character 00000014
[12/17/13 21:57:07]INFO: Add character ff000a4e
[12/17/13 21:57:07]INFO: Add character ff001240
[12/17/13 21:57:07]INFO: Add character ff0012fa
[12/17/13 21:57:07]INFO: Add character ff00131a
[12/17/13 21:57:37]INFO: Cell changed...
[12/17/13 21:57:37]INFO: Add character 00000014
[12/17/13 21:57:37]INFO: Add character ff000a4e
[12/17/13 21:57:37]INFO: Add character ff0011f9
[12/17/13 21:57:37]INFO: Add character ff001240
[12/17/13 21:57:37]INFO: Add character ff0012fa
[12/17/13 21:57:37]INFO: Add character ff00131a
[12/17/13 21:57:42]INFO: Add character 04010913
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: Fatal error occured
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: Code : 0xc0000005
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: Flag : 0x00000000
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: Module : G:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\ModOrganizer 1.00 rc1\mods\HDT Base 12-6\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: Address : 0x5a52b811
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: Module Address : 0x5a520000
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: AccessViolation, try to read 0x00000040 failed
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: ExceptionContent saved in hdtPhysicsExtensions.dump
[12/17/13 21:57:49]ERROR: Plugin is trying to save game

Also the "just for fun" app doesn't work as expected. I have a note above and on the support site.

Well I tried another game and this time it didn't CTD maybe because I downloaded the file below from here. I will try to go there again and see what happens. :D So far it is working now. :D

http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/11-modified-hdt-havok-object/

had this and cells load and custom all to,then downloaded last xml from paidu and so far no ctd,all working fine. 

I would say that if you're after a reasonably accurate simulation of hydrodynamics, that you should install the default. the effect is weighty, bottom heavy and stops quickly. The dance video does what it does because it's that dudes own customization of the bounce. Mine is different yet.

I agree 100%.

If when you move (so walking, running) wants to have a aktzeptablen effects, you have to increase the effects.

When standing, it wobbles then after too long. It will always be a compromise - depending on taste.

Maybe it is because the real breasts do not have bones - thank God :D

Hey guys, guess what I discovered when I was fooling around? Yeah, default sitting animations don't work too good with TBBP meshes and/or HDT in play. Does that mean, ideally, someone would have to go through and swap out all the default skeletons for TBBP-enabled ones for all these animations to look great?

pic of offending animation (default (ugly) preset... because I'm still testing stuff):

Squashed.jpg

Edit: haha, forget about this. It's just the effects from a skeleton I've been playing with. It's messed up, and I'm working on it again!

Hello

I wonder if it's possible to attach the latest HDT plugin on LL? so that should serve as a alternative download link for those who having problems on accessing baidu site yeah i am one of them :( for some reason that site is lagging and doesn't want to load up for me.

Yes, like groovtama linked, and is linked prominently in my sig, and suggested in the thread title, that's the best place for downloads and support.

i was wondering if you could just allow users to download there instead of forcing to register to another new forum ??

or atleast update this thread with the latest version. This will make it more of chore having to view so many different forums to make just 1 plugin to play right.

Hello

I wonder if it's possible to attach the latest HDT plugin on LL? so that should serve as a alternative download link for those who having problems on accessing baidu site yeah i am one of them :( for some reason that site is lagging and doesn't want to load up for me.

Yes, like groovtama linked, and is linked prominently in my sig, and suggested in the thread title, that's the best place for downloads and support.

i was wondering if you could just allow users to download there instead of forcing to register to another new forum ??

or atleast update this thread with the latest version. This will make it more of chore having to view so many different forums to make just 1 plugin to play right.

You know it costed you more time to write this, than to just register and download it.^^

And nobody is forcing you to register, you can always download the latest one from pan.baidu site. LL also requires registration for downloads (no critic here just as an example). Registration doesn't cost you anything except time and a seperate forum is a lot better for many reasons. Especially for support for the mod, helping people who placed HDT help questions in any possible forum/thread was just a horror.

few questions.

i'm following the Breast Collision Setup Guide from the second post and have gotten to the part about inserting the hdt.xml file into the two femalebody nif files.  but i'm wondering, if i want to see the idle animation jiggle effect in armor/clothing would i need to edit those too?  i'm pretty sure i would need to, but there are a hell of a lot (using chronotrigger77's armor pack + the BAMM stand alone pack) and i'm not even sure what files to alter for those.  if i would have to alter the armor pack is there a armor set thats already modified like that here?

edit:  ok, i know now that i would have to add the hdt file to all those armor packs, but now i have a new question.

i've edited femalebody_0 and femalebody_1 as the guide said but i'm not entirely sure if i used the right hdt file because the breast cupping animation dosn't show physics.  i set up the two femalebody nif files string data pathway to the one suggested for hdtPhysicsExtensions 09-28 (in the skse\plugins folder) at the top of the first post and i assumed that was the hdt.xml file that was required for the physics to work.  but looking back at the instructions Eu4orick suggested to use the hdt.xml file from here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10270-conversions-for-manga-body/

i'm just wondering if the hdtphysicsextensions 09-28 is the updated version of the hdt.xml file, and if it is than why aren't the breasts on my nude female showing physics during the idle animation.  maybe her breasts aren't big enough?  (its CBBE, not manga body).

Yes.

You will have to mod every mesh where you want to see the effect.

thanks for the rapid response, bit faster than i could keep up with!  had a second question i'm hoping you can answer.

sorry, don't know how to compress quote.

few questions.

i'm following the Breast Collision Setup Guide from the second post and have gotten to the part about inserting the hdt.xml file into the two femalebody nif files.  but i'm wondering, if i want to see the idle animation jiggle effect in armor/clothing would i need to edit those too?  i'm pretty sure i would need to, but there are a hell of a lot (using chronotrigger77's armor pack + the BAMM stand alone pack) and i'm not even sure what files to alter for those.  if i would have to alter the armor pack is there a armor set thats already modified like that here?

edit:  ok, i know now that i would have to add the hdt file to all those armor packs, but now i have a new question.

i've edited femalebody_0 and femalebody_1 as the guide said but i'm not entirely sure if i used the right hdt file because the breast cupping animation dosn't show physics.  i set up the two femalebody nif files string data pathway to the one suggested for hdtPhysicsExtensions 09-28 (in the skse\plugins folder) at the top of the first post and i assumed that was the hdt.xml file that was required for the physics to work.  but looking back at the instructions Eu4orick suggested to use the hdt.xml file from here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/10270-conversions-for-manga-body/

i'm just wondering if the hdtphysicsextensions 09-28 is the updated version of the hdt.xml file, and if it is than why aren't the breasts on my nude female showing physics during the idle animation.  maybe her breasts aren't big enough?  (its CBBE, not manga body).

few questions.

hdt.xml from manga body thread:

"work with hdtphysicsextension version11.10 or hight, old version not work correct." (read in the post)

I have achieved the best results with HDT 10.25 (for collisions): http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/5-hdt-physics-extension-v10-24-stable/

For the hdt.xml use this one: http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/9-hdt-customized-hdtphysicsextensionsdefaultbbp/

PD: Use FNIS after HDT installed plugins and then remove skeleton_female.hkx from character assets female folder (I got weird breast animation)

place hdt.xml file in skse/plugins folder and modify NiStringExtradata (femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif) - String Data  to show in txt: "skse\plugins\hdt.xml"

Anyway collision reduce a lot breast bounce (I have removed it until somebody tune it)

You can run HDT (vers 10.25) with hair physics (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47000/), version 11.04b, but the hair has more movement in recent HDT versions as the 12.6 + hair 11.16d

Hope it helps

few questions.

hdt.xml from manga body thread:

"work with hdtphysicsextension version11.10 or hight, old version not work correct." (read in the post)

I have achieved the best results with HDT 10.25 (for collisions): http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/5-hdt-physics-extension-v10-24-stable/

For the hdt.xml use this one: http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/9-hdt-customized-hdtphysicsextensionsdefaultbbp/

PD: Use FNIS after HDT installed plugins and then remove skeleton_female.hkx from character assets female folder (I got weird animation on breast in the idle)

place hdt.xml file in skse/plugins folder and modify NiStringExtradata (femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif) - String Data  to show in txt: "skse\plugins\hdt.xml"

Anyway collision reduce a lot breast bounce (I have removed it until somebody tune it)

With this HDT plugins you can have hair physics (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/download/1000080498), version 11.04b, but the hair has more movement in recent HDT versions as the 12.6 + hair 11.16d

Hope it helps

Instead of edit the meshes you can also use this HDT Havoc Object: http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/11-modified-hdt-havok-object/

Thus the hdt.xml is automatically added to the meshes (PC and NPC,amors and clothes)

With this HDT plugins you can have hair physics (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/download/1000080498), version 11.04b, but the hair has more movement in recent HDT versions as the 12.6 + hair 11.16d

Hope it helps

did you realize that you linked the download page? It doesn't say what the mod is so I can't read other information. You should really link to the mod page.

Hope it helps

did you realize that you linked the download page? It doesn't say what the mod is so I can't read other information. You should really link to the mod page.

hm, weird, I can recognize what a mod it thereby handelt.es is but as "have hair physics" or would it be so maybe better? Skyrim Hair Physics Project by xp32 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47000/?

ok, just to be sure before i go tinkering again, you need BOTH hdt.xml AND HDTPhysicsExtensiondefaulttBBP.xml (along with the hdtphysicsextensions.dll) installed in the SKSE\plugins folder?  and when you modify the femalebody.nif files you set the string data to the file location for hdt.xml (not HDTPhysicsExtensiondefaulttBBP.xml)?

Instead of edit the meshes you can also use this HDT Havoc Object: http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/files/file/11-modified-hdt-havok-object/

Thus the hdt.xml is automatically added to the meshes (PC and NPC,amors and clothes)

and as for this mod, i wouldn't have to go through each of my armors and attach hdt.xml to the string data in their mesh?  would this also hold true for male armors (not sure why it would matter) if i had hdtm.xml (which i assume installs in the same location as hdt.xml).

sorry for all the questions, and thanks for the help.

ok, just to be sure before i go tinkering again, you need BOTH hdt.xml AND HDTPhysicsExtensiondefaulttBBP.xml (along with the hdtphysicsextensions.dll) installed in the SKSE\plugins folder?  and when you modify the femalebody.nif files you set the string data to the file location for hdt.xml (not HDTPhysicsExtensiondefaulttBBP.xml)?

Correct

"and as for this mod, i wouldn't have to go through each of my armors and attach hdt.xml to the string data in their mesh?  would this also hold true for male armors (not sure why it would matter) if i had hdtm.xml (which i assume installs in the same location as hdt.xml)."

Correct, all body/armors with TBBP should have collision in player and NPCs.

As for male .xml I think it has something to do with female-male interaction while i.e. sexlab anims.

I agree 100%.

If when you move (so walking, running) wants to have a aktzeptablen effects, you have to increase the effects.

When standing, it wobbles then after too long. It will always be a compromise - depending on taste.

Maybe it is because the real breasts do not have bones - thank God :D

Well... I think I may not be describing the desired effect adequately.  I'll try to break it down with more bad terminology:

Acceleration - How many times per second something jiggles.  Low numbers make it look floaty like they're on the moon or in orbit.  High numbers are unrealistic in the other direction, like it's on a very tight spring.

Malleability - How much freedom the breasts / whatever are given to move away from stationary.

Friction - Basically the curve which defines how, and how quickly, the jiggle ceases.

As stated before, I feel that the video link I quoted (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18iobz) gets the first two pretty good, but the curve is just not right.  Watch the girl on the right at about 0:13.  Breasts and buttocks don't actually stop jiggling, even after close to 5 seconds, because the "friction" isn't there putting on the brakes.

This is not meant to be a criticism of the settings that were used.  I certainly like the effect a lot more than what you see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS1RzxbM4v8.  In that video, there's practically nothing to indicate that physics are in at all; you have to watch closely.  I assume this is what default looks like?  It means the malleability is off.

Is this truly a matter of having to choose one or the other but not being able to define both independently?

I changed the captcha on hdt.monsto.com . . . it's now something you can actually read.

:)

I went to baidu.com checking for a new release and saw something that I've simply missed several times since the 12-6 release: A directory "just for fun". Inside, a number of Qt dlls and hdtHavokModifier.exe.

Downloaded, but get an error message.

The application failed to start because it could not find or load the qt platform plugin windows.

After a bit of google-fu, I think it's missing a library, qtwindows.dll.

So if anyone feels like messing with it . . . 

Here are the libraries you need. Just replace the current ones. The program could stand a little less colour though.

Justfor Fun QtLibs.7z

Archived