5 hours ago, ShaeKest said:

Any idea what I may have done to cause this?

Not enable the plugin? That check is as simple as it gets.

Event Actor.OnPlayerLoadGame(actor aSender)
    CheckForAnims()
    Debug.Notification("[TSEX] Ready!")
EndEvent

Function CheckForAnims()
    If Game.IsPluginInstalled("Atomic Lust.esp") == False
        _T_TSEXProps.QSTStringHitsMS05C.Play(_T_TSEXProps.PlayerRef)
        Debug.MessageBox("TSEX \n \n <b>Atomic Lust Animations</b> not detected! \n \n It is a <b>hard requirement</b> and the mod will not function properly without it!")
    Endif
EndFunction

8 hours ago, ShaeKest said:

I created a new profile in MO2 today to try it again, and am now getting a pop-up message on load saying that Atomic Lust is not installed and is a hard requirement for TSEX. I don't know why this is coming up, as I absolutely do have Atomic Lust installed, version 2.61b.

Any idea what I may have done to cause this?

Ah, hmm...seems it may be conflicting with another plug-in, no idea which one....

That sure is weird as the script is just doing a simple plugin check... shouldn't even be affacted by load order. :( 

EDIT: Yeah as requiredname says, you might have accidentally unchecked the esp.

Edited by Tentacus

So this was me being a moron, again -- I think I'd overwritten Atomic Love's plugin with the Rufgt's Old Animations and accidentally given Rufgt's the same name. I just reinstalled and booted into the game and didn't get the warning.

I'm slow but I get there in the end. Thanks.

I would like to ask a question: Is the animation length setting in TSEX MCM overriding the AAF ini setting (which is by default 60sec) or does it only define the whole hardship scene and we have to also keep the aaf ini setting in mind? I tried 100 seconds in MCM and then sometimes the animation ends earlier than the whole hardship scene (this means message boxes are still showing up).

Or is it maybe caused by some autoadvancing UAP animations (which seem to end when the edge-meter gets full)? 

The default 30sec works well though. I just like to know if its intentional or if i messed something up by myself.

55 minutes ago, Heinz01 said:

I would like to ask a question: Is the animation length setting in TSEX MCM overriding the AAF ini setting (which is by default 60sec) or does it only define the whole hardship scene and we have to also keep the aaf ini setting in mind? I tried 100 seconds in MCM and then sometimes the animation ends earlier than the whole hardship scene (this means message boxes are still showing up).

Or is it maybe caused by some autoadvancing UAP animations (which seem to end when the edge-meter gets full)? 

The default 30sec works well though. I just like to know if its intentional or if i messed something up by myself.

Here is a abriviated example of what that setting actually does:

2 Function Example()
  4 Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:_T_CommonPropertiesBW props = Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:_T_CommonPropertiesBW.GetProperties()
  5 Tentacus:TSEX:_T_TSEXFunctions F = props._T_TSEXProperties._T_TSEXFunctions
  7 Float Dur = props._T_Duration.GetValue() ; this is the value duration MCM settings controls
  8 ...
  9 ; setup scene and actors here
 10 ...
 12 AAF:AAF_API AAF_API = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as AAF:AAF_API
 13 AAF:AAF_API:SceneSettings threesome = AAF_API.GetSceneSettings()
 14 threesome.meta = "TSEX,Hardship,Threesome"
 15 threesome.duration = -1 ; this scene will play until stopped by script or user pressing [END] in AAF main menu
 16 If Furn == 0 || WhoreIsFemale ; no F_F_M positions for furniture
 17    threesome.preventfurniture = True
 18 Elseif Furn == 1
 19    threesome.preventfurniture = False
 20 Endif
 21 threesome.usePackages = True
 22 threesome.isNPCControlled = True
 23 ; ^ this enables positiontree scenes to progress without player input, iirc this is here to enable positiontree based staged animations
 25 AAF_API.StartScene(actors, threesome)
 26 F.JankWaitPreGame()
 28 ...
 29 ; messageboxes are shown here
 30 ...
 32 Utility.Wait(Dur)
 33 ...
 34 ; another set of messageboxes and other mod specific stuff happens here
 35 ...
 37 Utility.Wait(Dur)
 38 ...
 39 AAF_API.StopScene(actors[0])
 40 end of scene and cleanup

Thus it has no bearing on animations duration per se, we start all positions with infinite duration and manually stop scenes when they need to stop.

If UAP has some mechanic to force AAF to end scenes then it could very well be it. I could try to set scenesettings.isnpccontrolled to false and recompile for you to test at cost of disabling positiontree based staging.

In the mean time you could set duration of TSEX to sufficiently low number so at very least scene plays out in correct order...

Edited by requiredname65
29 minutes ago, requiredname65 said:

Here is a abriviated example of what that setting actually does:

2 Function Example()
  4 Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:_T_CommonPropertiesBW props = Tentacus:Beggar_Whore:_T_CommonPropertiesBW.GetProperties()
  5 Tentacus:TSEX:_T_TSEXFunctions F = props._T_TSEXProperties._T_TSEXFunctions
  7 Float Dur = props._T_Duration.GetValue() ; this is the value duration MCM settings controls
  8 ...
  9 ; setup scene and actors here
 10 ...
 12 AAF:AAF_API AAF_API = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "AAF.esm") as AAF:AAF_API
 13 AAF:AAF_API:SceneSettings threesome = AAF_API.GetSceneSettings()
 14 threesome.meta = "TSEX,Hardship,Threesome"
 15 threesome.duration = -1 ; this scene will play until stopped by script or user pressing [END] in AAF main menu
 16 If Furn == 0 || WhoreIsFemale ; no F_F_M positions for furniture
 17    threesome.preventfurniture = True
 18 Elseif Furn == 1
 19    threesome.preventfurniture = False
 20 Endif
 21 threesome.usePackages = True
 22 threesome.isNPCControlled = True
 23 ; ^ this enables positiontree scenes to progress without player input, iirc this is here to enable positiontree based staged animations
 25 AAF_API.StartScene(actors, threesome)
 26 F.JankWaitPreGame()
 28 ...
 29 ; messageboxes are shown here
 30 ...
 32 Utility.Wait(Dur)
 33 ...
 34 ; another set of messageboxes and other mod specific stuff happens here
 35 ...
 37 Utility.Wait(Dur)
 38 ...
 39 AAF_API.StopScene(actors[0])
 40 end of scene and cleanup

Thus it has no bearing on animations duration per se, we start all positions with infinite duration and manually stop scenes when they need to stop.

If UAP has some mechanic to force AAF to end scenes then it could very well be it. I could try to set scenesettings.isnpccontrolled to false and recompile for you to test at cost of disabling positiontree based staging.

In the mean time you could set duration of TSEX to sufficiently low number so at very least scene plays out in correct order...

Thanks, thats explains it well. I dont know how the NPC controlled UAP Anims actual work, i just noticed it in this case. Leaving the tsex timer lower than the AAF one seems to be best and most easy option to me.

48 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Would parts of TSEX work on existing load orders without TSEX Hardship or original Hardship? 

Kinda but it wouldn't do much of anything. ATM just tie with violate would work. There's also dancing and mastubation. But that's about it.

There's some dialogue that can occur after sex scene but it needs mods to set faction ranks to prevent it from activating needlesly.

50 minutes ago, requiredname65 said:

Kinda but it wouldn't do much of anything. ATM just tie with violate would work. There's also dancing and mastubation. But that's about it.

There's some dialogue that can occur after sex scene but it needs mods to set faction ranks to prevent it from activating needlesly.

Just curious? Would it be compensation or time that might keep someone qualified from sorting this mod combo out? No insult intended but I would be willing to contribute.

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Just curious? Would it be compensation or time that might keep someone qualified from sorting this mod combo out? No insult intended but I would be willing to contribute.

The tie-ins I've been adding to the mod I'm working on at the moment are entirely with TSEX, they don't utilize TSEX Hardship at all. I have some triggers to brainwash you into masochism, satisfy pain and humiliation needs, trigger masturbation in some cases...

33 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

The tie-ins I've been adding to the mod I'm working on at the moment are entirely with TSEX, they don't utilize TSEX Hardship at all. I have some triggers to brainwash you into masochism, satisfy pain and humiliation needs, trigger masturbation in some cases...

But yeah, you are a wiz with the tech stuff. I am just old man walking, trying to sort it out. I take it you are playing with the guts of TSex?

21 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

But yeah, you are a wiz with the tech stuff. I am just old man walking, trying to sort it out. I take it you are playing with the guts of TSex?

Mainly scripts attached to activators and trigger boxes, or other activatable worldobjects and items. For the most part it's calling EquipItem() on the player for some potion or other (for example, pain and humiliation are ingestibles in the TSEX plugin), or things like calling TSEX_Wank() from _T_MCM_QuestScript to start compulsory masturbation.

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Personally I am just over it I can't look at the mess I made without feeling anything but dread. It's partly cause I care too much and it would have literally taken another year to get it where I'd be happy with it and there isn't enough money in the world. :) 

Also the fact that I had so much more energy and creativity when I went off to help with Nukaride and made the Skyrim mod, because I don't have this albatross around my neck anymore of trying to deal with making all the hundreds of moving parts work together.

I don't want to speak for @requiredname65 but I do know he to is pretty over it too... as I did really overreach and make it into something pretty unmanageable. I don't regret it. I think there are some good ideas in there but at a certain point you have to weigh if it's worth the time investment to keep working on it. For me, it wasn't.

4 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

These are just my thoughts as contributor. Time is a given and always a major factor. However, most needed are drive and vision. Without those, you'll end up staring your editor after writing few lines...

Anyone wanting to contribute should look into _T_TSEXLoiter script and start implementin various (simple) events, it's simple enough for a first time contributor.

32 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

but I do know he to is pretty over it too...

I'm taking a extended break from fo4 in whole, really enjoying Prey atm, would recommend. After that? We'll see, social mode scripts really need to be rewritten...

32 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

as I did really overreach and make it into something pretty unmanageable

Yeah, me too. Suppose that stems from lack of overarching vision and falling for 'do it all then' trap. Guess there is too much creative space not to.

On 7/21/2022 at 7:46 AM, JB. said:

My big problem is finding the "humor" to write this. It's pretty cruel. 

I have an idea - someone is really interested in making a movie(s) about Witch-hunters and torturing of witches and warlocks (male witch). So that someone in urgent need for  some actors and actresses and a lot of torture devices. 

On 7/28/2022 at 7:34 PM, Tentacus said:

Personally I am just over it I can't look at the mess I made without feeling anything but dread. It's partly cause I care too much and it would have literally taken another year to get it where I'd be happy with it and there isn't enough money in the world. :) 

I know you keep saying this is a mess, but it really isnt. I prefer it to the original. I can only assume you mean the unfinished parts when you are referring to a mess. That being said, I have seen lots of modders come and go here. I would much prefer you do what you have done than to simply disappear. I enjoy your work and will continue to do so. If you do nothing but offer advice to those still willing to tackle these things, then that sir is invaluable.

12 hours ago, Clegane said:

I have an idea - someone is really interested in making a movie(s) about Witch-hunters and torturing of witches and warlocks (male witch). So that someone in urgent need for  some actors and actresses and a lot of torture devices. 

Or, my idea #2 - Alternate ending of Jake Finch quest -  no Shishkebab, bat a lot of carnal needs from forged. PC asks Slab to serve the Forged instead of Jake as camp follower (I have a soft spot For Forged)

12 hours ago, Olmech said:

I know you keep saying this is a mess, but it really isnt. I prefer it to the original. I can only assume you mean the unfinished parts when you are referring to a mess. That being said, I have seen lots of modders come and go here. I would much prefer you do what you have done than to simply disappear. I enjoy your work and will continue to do so. If you do nothing but offer advice to those still willing to tackle these things, then that sir is invaluable.

I should clarify... It's a mess to work on... It has too many moving parts and there are a few dots that yet need connecting and that would be extremely labor intensive. Frustrating, and nerve racking. :) I mean JFC why did I make an expression changing system? that's insane.... If I kept working on this I'd keep adding stuff like that... It's a sickness. :D  (Doing the same kind of shit in my "small... just on my way out of modding... honest" Skyrim mod so I learned NOTHING!!!)

I laid the ground work for a player slavery system, but the work needed to actually make something playable would be close to making an entirely new mod WITH the baggage of having to work around and make it work with everything already in there and all the new drive and guilt and experience systems. Not to mention creating new NPCs to teach you dancing... Consensual doms other than Isabel, and all the inherent difficulties of fighting against Bethesda's AI and AAF.   ?

That said somebody fresh to the fight might be able to do it.

Edited by Tentacus

I don't know if this is being worked on but its pretty fun so far. The only bugs I have founds so far are :

1) when you disable the trauma system (I want to use Attributes instead) it seems to switch the trauma system off ok. However,  It will forever loop a message  every 3 seconds or so 

that the trauma system has been disactivated. 

2) the pimps are susceptible to the posing and may approach you for sex , which kind of  breaks things. Well at least the pimp in Diamond City Queen,...

17 hours ago, liniul said:

I don't know if this is being worked on but its pretty fun so far. The only bugs I have founds so far are :

1) when you disable the trauma system (I want to use Attributes instead) it seems to switch the trauma system off ok. However,  It will forever loop a message  every 3 seconds or so 

that the trauma system has been disactivated. 

2) the pimps are susceptible to the posing and may approach you for sex , which kind of  breaks things. Well at least the pimp in Diamond City Queen,...

Thanks for reporting bugs ?. Attached are patches that hotfix those two issues. These don't include all files so you need to merge them into TSEX DEV and HARDSHIP DEV mods, overwriting what's there.

There are probably other actors and situations where posing for clients will break things, so report away and/or refrain from using it too much. I may need to limit it to non-unique actors only due to bugs like this.

Also everyone should have DailyLifeOfHooker animationpack for now otherwise you'll get AAF errors. This will be resolved in next proper version.

HARDSHIP DEV 0.2.1 Patch.7z TSEX DEV 0.2.1 Patch.7z

2 minutes ago, requiredname65 said:

Thanks for reporting bugs ?. Attached are patches that hotfix those two issues. These don't include all files so you need to merge them into TSEX DEV and HARDSHIP DEV mods, overwriting what's there.

There are probably other actors and situations where posing for clients will break things, so report away and/or refrain from using it too much. I may need to limit it to non-unique actors only due to bugs like this.

Also everyone should have DailyLifeOfHooker animationpack for now otherwise you'll get AAF errors. This will be resolved in next proper version.

HARDSHIP DEV 0.2.1 Patch.7z 414.27 kB · 0 downloads TSEX DEV 0.2.1 Patch.7z 328.05 kB · 0 downloads

Note: The uploaded versions aren't called that (I rename them when I upload)  so just use your head and figure it out :p.  

Hello, I think I found another bug´with the new feature "New scene for beggars where you can thank (or not) your charitable benefactor.":

The "*mumble* what's that *mumble*" dialogue seems to be broken. After choosing it, the dialogue will stuck.

And thank you very much for the bug fixing. I enjoying TSEX/Hardship in the most of my playtroughs. Is it possible to add an option in MCM to turn on/turn off the ammo payment after begging? 

14 hours ago, fuuuuuuuu said:

Hello, I think I found another bug´with the new feature "New scene for beggars where you can thank (or not) your charitable benefactor.":

The "*mumble* what's that *mumble*" dialogue seems to be broken. After choosing it, the dialogue will stuck.

And thank you very much for the bug fixing. I enjoying TSEX/Hardship in the most of my playtroughs. Is it possible to add an option in MCM to turn on/turn off the ammo payment after begging? 

Indeed. There was a race condition where script fragment on previous topic could clear dialogue alias before you select your response, breaking the scene.

Fixed by moving this 'thank you' scene between 'I got something for you' and 'here you go' topics. It's more natural there anyway and worked well in my tests.

Added a quick option in TSEX Hardship menu under 'options' for bullet payout to beggars. If not enabled you get caps instead of bullets. Has no effect on what raiders may do.

Same instructions as above, should probably install those patches first and then these. Overwrite if asked.

TSEX DEV 0.2.2 Patch.7z HARDSHIP DEV 0.2.2 Patch.7z

1 hour ago, requiredname65 said:

Indeed. There was a race condition where script fragment on previous topic could clear dialogue alias before you select your response, breaking the scene.

Fixed by moving this 'thank you' scene between 'I got something for you' and 'here you go' topics. It's more natural there anyway and worked well in my tests.

Added a quick option in TSEX Hardship menu under 'options' for bullet payout to beggars. If not enabled you get caps instead of bullets. Has no effect on what raiders may do.

Same instructions as above, should probably install those patches first and then these. Overwrite if asked.

TSEX DEV 0.2.2 Patch.7z 168.79 kB · 2 downloads HARDSHIP DEV 0.2.2 Patch.7z 176.99 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks!