well the outdated AAF was the issue (because ofc it was duh) been ages since I played FO4 so I'd let a few things go outdated, all working now!

On another note though, are threesomes implemented in this in a useable manner? because menacing raiders never seem to do that, what are the circumstances to trigger it?

(I do have the correct animations I know that for sure at least)

11 minutes ago, Darkwolf101 said:

well the outdated AAF was the issue (because ofc it was duh) been ages since I played FO4 so I'd let a few things go outdated, all working now!

On another note though, are threesomes implemented in this in a useable manner? because menacing raiders never seem to do that, what are the circumstances to trigger it?

For raiders:

- there needs to be a another raider (not sitting or sleeping) within 3000 units from player when menacer detectes you

- both raiders must be male

- this raider mustn't be in cooldown or previously paying customer

- you need Savage Cabbage animation pack with esp enabled

- raider rape threesomes are gated behind a 1/4 dice roll where you need to roll 2 from random numbers in (inclusive) range [0, 3]

46 minutes ago, Darkwolf101 said:

On another note though, are threesomes implemented in this in a useable manner?

If it helps, my poor battered character can definitely attest to the fact that threesomes are working with menacing raiders. I was getting them pretty consistently from the handful loitering outside the Combat Zone entrance.

59 minutes ago, Darkwolf101 said:

11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If it helps, my poor battered character can definitely attest to the fact that threesomes are working with menacing raiders. I was getting them pretty consistently from the handful loitering outside the Combat Zone entrance.

I always did my testing at Corvega. Corvega is a great place to get gang banged... AS LONG AS the RNG in your game doesn't make most of the raiders female which happens sometimes. The raider camp over by CIT is also a pretty good spot.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

I always did my testing at Corvega. Corvega is a great place to get gang banged... AS LONG AS the RNG in your game doesn't make most of the raiders female which happens sometimes. The raider camp over by CIT is also a pretty good spot.

Solved in my playthroughs with the help of MTO, though at the expense of almost never getting menaced by female raiders since they're limited to the unique ones (mainly bosses).

Sorry Tentacus but I'm gonna have to add this to the Skip/Scrap list in TFM.

Causes %VAR5% errors and completely stops AAF from working.

If anything, blame whatever morons download a modders resource to play with..

Anyone that knows what they're doing will probably have no issues with it but.. to the list it goes for literally 99% of everyone else.

Edited by Saya Scarlett
6 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

Sorry Tentacus but I'm gonna have to add this to the Skip/Scrap list in TFM.

If anything, blame whatever morons download a modders resource to play with..

Anyone that knows what they're doing will probably have no issues with it but.. to the list it goes for literally 99% of everyone else.

Totally understandable, though I dunno why this would have any more issues with AAF conflict than the Finished Hardship. If anything this has fewer problematic XMLs. :)

Edited by Tentacus
8 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

Out of curiosity, were you able to identify the conflict? I haven't noticed this problem and I use the vast majority of AAF-oriented mods and animation packs, but I also don't rely on any animation patches besides Themes and SLP so wondering if the problems come from combining this with something like UAP...

14 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Totally understandable, though I dunno why this would have any more issues with AAF conflict than the Finished Hardship. If anything this has fewer problematic XMLs. :)

12 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Out of curiosity, were you able to identify the conflict? I haven't noticed this problem and I use the vast majority of AAF-oriented mods and animation packs, but I also don't rely on any animation patches besides Themes and SLP so wondering if the problems come from combining this with something like UAP...

I've no idea. I've been taking a break from helpdesk in the AAF Discord and I'm keeping the guide updated with the information I'm given.

And tbh, I'm sure we all know that people will always end up installing 'modders resource', no matter what. But anyway, can always ask in the AAF Discord =.=

Honestly dunno what some peeps are doing,  I had it installed as is  - thanks again @Tentacus for sharing - and it worked like a charm, no issues regarding aaf at all. Did not mess around with it, though, being no modder at all. Rant off.  Now just waiting what others make of it. 

10 hours ago, Saya Scarlett said:

I've no idea. I've been taking a break from helpdesk in the AAF Discord and I'm keeping the guide updated with the information I'm given.

And tbh, I'm sure we all know that people will always end up installing 'modders resource', no matter what. But anyway, can always ask in the AAF Discord =.=

Thanks, I'll try to remember to pop in there and get some details soon. I'm working on a new mod with a fair amount of integration into TSEX features and have plans for another which would be a sort of plugin to TSEX, so I have some incentive for getting to the bottom of incompatibilities with it.

6 hours ago, cosworth said:

Honestly dunno what some peeps are doing,  I had it installed as is  - thanks again @Tentacus for sharing - and it worked like a charm, no issues regarding aaf at all. Did not mess around with it, though, being no modder at all. Rant off.  Now just waiting what others make of it. 

To be fair as much as I love the flexibility the AAF XML system has (Especially since I've been fucking with Sexlab) it does make it extremely easy to introduce conflicts, especially given the loosey goosey nature of this community. I dunno how anybody who doesn't have a decent level of technical confidence can deal with this shit.

Edited by Tentacus
3 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

To be fair as much as I love the flexibility the AAF XML system has (Especially since I've been fucking with Sexlab) it does make it extremely easy to introduce conflicts, especially given the loosey goosey nature of this community. I dunno how anybody who doesn't have a decent level of technical confidence can deal with this shit.

This got me thinking, I wonder if some sort of strict versioning of content would help. It wouldn't solve the incompatibility problems which arise, but it could provide more actionable error messages (mod A was designed for version X of animation pack B, but you've installed version Y instead). Of course, as soon as you get into nontrivial combinations of mods with conflicting version requirements over some resource, you're deadlocked. Also third-party animation "patch" mods... how do you version the result of patching a particular animation pack? Yeah, never mind! ?

Probably the only real solution is for all AAF data across these mods to be coherent in aggregate, with automated testing to make sure inconsistencies aren't introduced, but I doubt that's achievable in the game modding scene. I spend much of my day in large-scale community software collaboration, where this sort of content would be part of a collectively maintained commons, but that's not how mod authors tend to operate. For that sort of development you need some consensus vision, a governance model to determine how consensus is achieved and handle disagreements when it isn't, etc.

So coming back to reality, what we do have isn't so bad. There's a certain amount of complexity which is unavoidable when you want flexibility, and that means veteran users and authors who at least somewhat understand these nuances get a bit more autonomy and control out of it, at the expense of making things more confusing for new users and a steep learning curve. Tension between these keeps most of the AAF ecosystem in a sort of "sweet spot," since mod authors often go out of their way to help users troubleshoot and better understand, while the users are good at finding interestingly broken combinations which help drive the collective closer to convergence as they get addressed.

4 hours ago, tintin99992040 said:

Hi ! When I'm "menaced" by raiders, there seem to be no possibility for them to rape me, only attack or let me go. Is there something I've missed ? Also should I install only TSEX and TSEX_Hardship, or Hardship 1.5 as well ?

Nah, raiders can rape but it's up to random chance to select info topic for it to happen. You just got unlucky. Version 1.5 is not needed (and shouldn't be installed anyway as this superseeds it)

BUT TSEX version of hardship needs all the requirements of 1.5 version plus BP70 animation pack.

7 hours ago, tintin99992040 said:

Hi ! When I'm "menaced" by raiders, there seem to be no possibility for them to rape me, only attack or let me go. Is there something I've missed ? Also should I install only TSEX and TSEX_Hardship, or Hardship 1.5 as well ?

Additionally, it's possible you have some other mod installed (e.g. Raider Pet) which is overriding the raider dialogue at a higher priority and so you're not getting the TSEX Hardship dialogues when you try to interact.

I’m the moron in question, though in my defense I will say that I actually do read the posts and the documentation, and that while I am new to modding and borderline incompetent at it, I am doing my best to educate myself.

I downloaded TSEX and TSEX_Hardship because I so thoroughly enjoyed the thinking and implementation of Hardship and was eager to see more options and nuance.

I’ve reverted to “traditional” Harship and it’s running without problem. I suspect my issues were with load order, but not understanding what the %VAR5% error means, cannot offer any insight.

Anyway, just to say I appreciate the work and the efforts of everyone involved.

19 minutes ago, ShaeKest said:

I’m the moron in question, though in my defense I will say that I actually do read the posts and the documentation, and that while I am new to modding and borderline incompetent at it, I am doing my best to educate myself.

Don't be so hard on yourself. This shit is fuckin' complicated at the best of times.

19 minutes ago, ShaeKest said:

I downloaded TSEX and TSEX_Hardship because I so thoroughly enjoyed the thinking and implementation of Hardship and was eager to see more options and nuance.

I’ve reverted to “traditional” Harship and it’s running without problem. I suspect my issues were with load order, but not understanding what the %VAR5% error means, cannot offer any insight.

I doubt it's load order, since errors from AAF rarely are... sounds more like some AAF XML file clashes (often these arise between incompatible versions of animation packs, animation patch mods, and mods extending other animation data). For example, if Savage Cabbage's animation pack defines a particular furniture name, and then some other mod specifies that name in additional animation XML, but later Savage Cabbage changes the name used for that furniture in a new release, then upgrading that animation pack will cause a mismatch until the other mod also gets updated to use the new furniture name instead.

The only time I've seen placeholders like %VAR5% in the AAF on-screen interface were when there were problems with the language translation files shipped with it (there was a test release earlier this year where they were packed into a BA2 archive and AAF couldn't find them at runtime). I'm sure there are other things that might cause similar substitution failures like that, I just don't know what they are off the top of my head.

Since you're successfully using OG Hardship, I assume you're using the "Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix" patch mod it requires (and if you're also using the "UAP" patch mod, you've disabled patching Leito's animations in its FOMOD installer menu). Do you recall any more details about the problem you encountered, or happen to have a sample of your AAF debug log from when it was failing to load or failing to use names for things in its interface?

3 hours ago, ShaeKest said:

Anyway, just to say I appreciate the work and the efforts of everyone involved.

I'd appriciate if you could list out your animation packs and their versions you are/were using.

51 minutes ago, requiredname65 said:

I'd appriciate if you could list out your animation packs and their versions you are/were using.

Here's the animations, and another screenshot where I've got the activated AAF relevant mods, as well. I haven't been as good about organizing MO2 as I should be -- need to clean it up -- but I tried to keep these fairly organized.

122273665_Screenshot2022-07-27124421_02.jpg.0c08450d3d64ef6f40ba655d70a17640.jpg143752286_Screenshot2022-07-27124338_01.jpg.f630fcdb604cf18bedbdcf03841f0b8d.jpg

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. This shit is fuckin' complicated at the best of times.

I doubt it's load order, since errors from AAF rarely are... sounds more like some AAF XML file clashes (often these arise between incompatible versions of animation packs, animation patch mods, and mods extending other animation data). For example, if Savage Cabbage's animation pack defines a particular furniture name, and then some other mod specifies that name in additional animation XML, but later Savage Cabbage changes the name used for that furniture in a new release, then upgrading that animation pack will cause a mismatch until the other mod also gets updated to use the new furniture name instead.

The only time I've seen placeholders like %VAR5% in the AAF on-screen interface were when there were problems with the language translation files shipped with it (there was a test release earlier this year where they were packed into a BA2 archive and AAF couldn't find them at runtime). I'm sure there are other things that might cause similar substitution failures like that, I just don't know what they are off the top of my head.

Since you're successfully using OG Hardship, I assume you're using the "Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix" patch mod it requires (and if you're also using the "UAP" patch mod, you've disabled patching Leito's animations in its FOMOD installer menu). Do you recall any more details about the problem you encountered, or happen to have a sample of your AAF debug log from when it was failing to load or failing to use names for things in its interface?

I appreciate it, thanks. I've got Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix installed, yes, and I *believe* I disabled patching Leito's animations from the UAP.

Will look for AAF debug log and see if I can find them. If not, I suspect it'll be easy to replicate if I add TSEX and TSEX_Hardship and fire up a new game.

Thanks again.

I created a new profile in MO2 today to try it again, and am now getting a pop-up message on load saying that Atomic Lust is not installed and is a hard requirement for TSEX. I don't know why this is coming up, as I absolutely do have Atomic Lust installed, version 2.61b.

Any idea what I may have done to cause this?

Ah, hmm...seems it may be conflicting with another plug-in, no idea which one....

Edited by ShaeKest