"What are you playing" thread

On 6/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, ToJKa said:

Well, what do you know? A brand new 90's FPS from 3D Realms on the Build engine!

..I am not kidding ?

Reveal hidden contents

Oh god, I loved working with the Build engine? So simple, yet so many crazy things you could do with it. Including some completely trippy stuff that completely defies the laws of physics/world space that wouldn't be possible in most modern FPS engines. The open scripting in Duke3d was great to. I ported so many monsters from other games: ones that behaved like their source material not just sprite reskins of a Duke enemy.

I'll have to check this out. Going to have to ween myself off Skyrim, there's a number of indie games in my backlog I've been looking to try.

Ghost Recon Wildlands - typical Ubishit title but fun enough. Dem Operators tho.

Dwarf Fortress - because i never stop playing this. 

And im trying to force myself to play New Vegas but not because game is bad, to the contrary, its fucking amazing but id hate to finish it because there will be nothing left for me in Fallout franchise and there will never be a good Fallout game ever again. 

On 7/21/2018 at 5:58 AM, FauxFurry said:

I am partaking of imitation Vanilla(ware). Perhaps it will prove to be as pleasing to the palate as the real thing?

Decided to give that game and Ion Maiden a try myself. Both have decided to troll me and be incompatible with my replica SNES controller?. Time to dig up the old 360 controller again I guess. Funny how I gave away that console and sold all its games but kept the gamepads :P

Definitely in love with the indie game scene. Sure you got to sift though mounds of shit to find the gems but the indie scene still beats the hell out of the hotmess the AAA scene has become for the time being.

4 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Both have decided to troll me and be incompatible with my replica SNES controller?. Time to dig up the old 360 controller again I guess.

Well on that i'll disagree. The XBone/X360 controller is the best i've used since the Gamecube controller. Granted the SNES one was an improvement over the torture device that was NES controller, but Microsoft did something right with that controller for once. It's also a bonus that it works with Windows and all games without hassle.

FPS with a SNES controller... Horrible flashbacks.... ?

7 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Well on that i'll disagree. The XBone/X360 controller is the best i've used since the Gamecube controller. Granted the SNES one was an improvement over the torture device that was NES controller, but Microsoft did something right with that controller for once. It's also a bonus that it works with Windows and all games without hassle.

FPS with a SNES controller... Horrible flashbacks.... ?

Well I mainly wanted the SNES controller for The Vagrant. Found out the game needs more buttons anyways though so a PS2 controller would probably be the best suited for it.

As for Ion Maiden I grew up playing those early era FPS games with a Gravis Pad (Yeah I was slow to adopt the Keyboard+Mouse style, sue me?). So the SNES pad seemed like a good fit, but the 360 pad or just keyboard will do the job.

7 hours ago, ToJKa said:

I've had serious issues trying to use an XB 360 controller in Win 10; the right analog stick is horribly insensitive and Windows doesn't configure it properly, which is weird since it's a Razer controller and supposedly it would be run by Synapse (it isn't). Plus the size is rather uncomfortable for me if I play for more than an hour; legacy of some surgery. Ah well, I use my PS4's controller when I play games that need controllers. Not like I'm really using the console for much since so many of its games are available on PC now.

19 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Decided to give that game and Ion Maiden a try myself. Both have decided to troll me and be incompatible with my replica SNES controller?. Time to dig up the old 360 controller again I guess. Funny how I gave away that console and sold all its games but kept the gamepads :P

Definitely in love with the indie game scene. Sure you got to sift though mounds of shit to find the gems but the indie scene still beats the hell out of the hotmess the AAA scene has become for the time being.

What is quest modding but stapling Indie Games onto the frame of a AAA Game?

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

What is quest modding but stapling Indie Games onto the frame of a AAA Game?

Oh between the bugs and the low end cucking I probably wouldn't give modern Bethesda game the time of day if it weren't for the modding.

11 minutes ago, Dallas-Arbiter said:

I've been going real old school as of late, I got a NES emulator, and have been playing Metal Storm. A very underrated and nearly completely unknown game.

Oh man, that takes me back. Never did get too far in it as a child, I hit a brick wall at stage 3 or 4. That game was hardcore.

That game seems like another one that would be fun to make a spiritual sequel too. The programming part wouldn't be too hard but I don't think I could do justice to the crazy stage design and wild boss fights.

29 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Oh man, that takes me back. Never did get too far in it as a child, I hit a brick wall at stage 3 or 4. That game was hardcore.

That game seems like another one that would be fun to make a spiritual sequel too. The programming part wouldn't be too hard but I don't think I could do justice to the crazy stage design and wild boss fights.

It's not every day you run into someone that knows what Metal Storm is!

I worked at it when I was a kid, and I got to where I could beat it pretty easily, now though is a whole different story, I end up running into everything. But if you do beat it, it allows you to play it in super mega hard mode, from what I gather it was nearly impossible to beat.

There is a new 8 bit styled game I've been trying to play, the Angry Videogame Nerd's Angry Video Game, it's impossible hard.

One game that keeps pulling me back in, despite its flaws, is Dragon Age Inquisition. I've been playing that for a week or two.

Recently finished off an Elf Rift Mage working hard to impress Solas...

Spoiler

...who was a tough nut to crack

Egame1.thumb.jpg.fc60704ded28e00e75d707b9be03eff6.jpg

Now my busty Dwarf Assassin has become smitten with Josephine...

Spoiler

...who fell asleep watching the telly again

Dgame13.thumb.jpg.844fe2e338f41ee3e3712eb973355e41.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 8:25 PM, SleepyJim said:

One game that keeps pulling me back in, despite its flaws, is Dragon Age Inquisition. I've been playing that for a week or two.

Recently finished off an Elf Rift Mage working hard to impress Solas...

Reveal hidden contents

...who was a tough nut to crack

Egame1.thumb.jpg.fc60704ded28e00e75d707b9be03eff6.jpg

Now my busty Dwarf Assassin has become smitten with Josephine...

Reveal hidden contents

...who fell asleep watching the telly again

Dgame13.thumb.jpg.844fe2e338f41ee3e3712eb973355e41.jpg

Dragon Age 2 is significantly worse, but I love the Dragon Age series about everything.
the story captivates me and I play it over and over again. :classic_wink:

Fully completed Mafia III in 92 hours.

20180729184207_1.jpg

That is one of the "trophies" you can get in the game. And my new desktop background image.

Vargas. May the angles pose for you in heaven.