On 11/6/2021 at 6:25 AM, foreveraloneguy said:

I didn't want the spell applied to all female NPCs, so I made a spid file to distribute to current and potential followers, the companions, along with followers that are part of the NWS follower framework. I'm also sharing my profile for 3BA in case anyone finds it interesting. Lastly, here's a set of textures with hands for 3BA... soft to jacked range, 10 steps.

SkillBasedMuscle_DISTR.ini 238 B · 27 downloads SkillBasedMuscle.json 1.29 kB · 25 downloads textures.zip 155.73 MB · 45 downloads

So is the third file here the ONLY texture I should use for female? So to say, I need the main file with the esp. and the texture file (tempered skin & vera) from the download section, together with the third file here (to replace the female texture)? 

2 hours ago, keitsoru said:

Hey, so, just curious, can we perhaps get a proper tutorial on how to make our own normals? I've dug through the files and all I can find is "I've included a .psd". That doesn't tell me what I actually need to do.

You're probably supposed to open up your skin of choice in an art program like "gimp" or "photoshop" and then put his psd image as an overlay on top of your skin choice.

After that you save several copies of your skin, but change the transparency of his overlay skin each time so that you get varying degrees of muscle definition. (basically the details of muscle layer will fade away)

If his psd already has the transparencies done for you then you'd just go through each file and make a new image that has your skin as the base. 

You can sort of see the effect of the muscle layer fading in and out here. Notice my characters arms. They don't actually get larger; its just the transparency of the muscular layer's shading creating the effect.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:08 AM, Manperor said:

Hi, the hand texture gets messed up everytime I update the muscle in the MCM menu; is there a fix to that? 

20211124000506_1.jpg.24066b53b256aa0efe6eabaa851521cf.jpg

I get the same effect when I change colors in SOS NPC Female Pubics v 2.0.4 . Reloading the save solves the problem, but not for long. 

On 11/25/2021 at 8:52 PM, venomr said:

You're probably supposed to open up your skin of choice in an art program like "gimp" or "photoshop" and then put his psd image as an overlay on top of your skin choice.

After that you save several copies of your skin, but change the transparency of his overlay skin each time so that you get varying degrees of muscle definition. (basically the details of muscle layer will fade away)

If his psd already has the transparencies done for you then you'd just go through each file and make a new image that has your skin as the base. 

You can sort of see the effect of the muscle layer fading in and out here. Notice my characters arms. They don't actually get larger; its just the transparency of the muscular layer's shading creating the effect.

That makes sense, thank you.

On another note, is there perhaps something missing to have the mod update after shifting back from werewolf form? Every time, I end up with neon skin and have to go in to the MCM again.

1 hour ago, Yuuen said:

I tried that and I ended up with strange glitched textures on the hand

I saw this once in the 20-30 hours I've got on the current playthrough. Even then, it happened for about 5 minutes and hasn't happened since. Equip and unequip a pair of gloves/gauntlets to fix it. It's probably an intermittent/rare bug, or it may be a bug in nioverride when swapping normals, so it's probably going to be hard to track down.

Guest AthenaESIV
On 11/23/2021 at 5:45 PM, foreveraloneguy said:

I use inflation framework, so I just set up the abs and more abs morphs to be negative when the belly inflates.

This is brilliant, never considered it and def will now! Thank you!

I found an issue in SBM. Some NPCs were redressing during sexlab animations, but if I remove the SBM spell and perk from them, then they do not redress during sexlab animations. I'm on SBM 4.2.

I suspect the issue may be related to this section of code:

if !ActorRef.GetEquippedArmorInSlot(33)
        Debug.TraceUser("SkillBasedMuscle", "GetEquippedArmor    " + name)
        ActorRef.EquipItem(PizzaNapkin, 0, 1)
        ActorRef.RemoveItem(PizzaNapkin, 1, 1)
    endif

I've seen in the past where if an armor item is equipped during sexlab animations, it causes the actor to reequip their entire outfit. I've seen this happen even when the PC is idle, so no stats should be increasing. I'm also thinking that if you check for sexlab with

If Game.GetModbyName("SexLab.esm") != 255
    debug.Trace("Sexlab found")
    Plugin_Sexlab = true
Else

Plugin_Sexlab = false
Endif

then register for these events when Plugin_Sexlab is true:

RegisterForModEvent("StageStart")
RegisterForModEvent("OrgasmEnd")
RegisterForModEvent("SexLabOrgasmSeparate")

and pause updates until  receiving an orgasmend or sexlaborgasmseparateend it would at least work around the issue. If this is the cause, there may be an underlying issue with follower stats increasing all the time, which is in turn triggering SBM to update normals and equip/unequip the pizzanapkin. 

Otherwise, another solution besides equipping/unequipping an armor item needs to be found for pizzahands.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:02 AM, Manperor said:

So is the third file here the ONLY texture I should use for female? So to say, I need the main file with the esp. and the texture file (tempered skin & vera) from the download section, together with the third file here (to replace the female texture)? 

The directory structure changed after I created that. So extract the files into textures\actors\character\Skill Based Muscle. 

I may have found a work around for the people still getting pizza hands... I noticed that the ARMA record has the valid race as "argonian" and default race is not in the list of additional races. And the ARMO record has the valid race as default race. So I changed the ARMA record to default race and added argonian to the list of additional races. I still see pizza hands flash briefly, but then it clears up within a couple of frames. And while trouble shooting that, I noticed that the script still seems to sometimes update as often as every 30 seconds or so, so about 10 minutes in game time. I think once an hour in game time would be plenty often.

Is there a way to prevent this affecting characters that don't use the "default" skin normal maps? I use CBBE 3BA but one of my favourite follower mods is Misty Skye which has its own UNPB body. Unfortunately this mod applies the CBBE normal maps to the Skye sisters and makes their UNP textures look messed up. I also have a unique skin for my player character with scar detail on its normal map that is replaced by this mod so the scars on the diffuse just look painted on.