On 10/30/2021 at 3:10 AM, sds1 said:

Ok, so since that was the issue (I didn't test the werewolf/vampire lord part originally and thought the issue was when it updated the body in vamp/wolf form), I tried a quick (and maybe dirty?) fix, which seems to have worked when I tested it in game, which would also render the if statement unneeded. You can simply add  the Vampire Lord and Werewolf AA to the SkinNaked armors ( CDD87 and 020023F4). This should also be compatible with werewolf/vampire lord mods, as long as they only change entries in those AAs instead of directing the game to new ones, which all of them should be doing.

Thanks for that documentation by the way, I derived the usage of NiOverride from its scripts, WetFunction and Slavetats. Apparently I got a lot of stuff right at least...

Ya, that def works, at least with the vanilla records. Also I got SPID working on NPCs, now just looking for the cleanest way to script the triggers.

12 hours ago, bos786 said:

Hi, I really like this mod and want to use it on my playthrough however I am encountering a major issue. I use convenient horses to enable horse combat together with mods such as true directional movement including its lock on and headtracking features. Whenever I get into mounted combat the horse which i'm riding spasms and flies around everywhere and I have no control over it. I disabled mods and pinpointed the cause to this one. I imagine it has something to do with the scripts running while mounted. Is there a possibility for a fix to this issue? Thanks

It's the QueueNiNodeUpdate() function in the script, I'll see if I can implement a check for being mounted.

6 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

That's a helluva thing. Any chance of a readme for configuring the json file? I added a half-dozen or so additional morphs to the quest in 2.0, and I'd like to carry those over.

@jjabrams I started adding the additional ARMA and TXT records to 2.0. If you're going to drop a new version with the changes from sds1, I'm going to hold off finishing it and sending it to you until you get the new version out. And I understand what you mean about not wanting to do it... it takes me about a half-hour to do 10 hand TXT records and add them to the ARMA records on top of the 3-4 hours I spent tweaking the hand textures to get what I wanted and make them blend with the body normal.

You just put the slider's name as it appears in Outfit Studio under muscle_morph_sliders, the other 2 are the default values for their respective MCM entries. Also I forgot that I don't need to make foot normals too, so I'ma just add the records for hands in the next update. I'm not messing with making hand normals tho, they'll just be dummy normals you can overwrite.

8 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Was the json files supposed to be included?

No, it's automatically generated on MCM load or profile save.

3 hours ago, Mickster said:

Any special update instructions from 2.3 to 3.0?

Hmmm, may be fine, but just to be safe uninstall the mod, save, and install 3.0.

God. After making a new profile for a proper research this mod was causing my nightmare with the werewolf meshes because I was using the first release...

After making the update for your latest version looks like everything works again!! :D thanks a lot!! 

Edited by urbon
5 hours ago, Mickster said:

Is it just me or does this affect mannequins as well?

My mannequins are flesh colored and some of them have invisible bodies.

If they're a considered a race then maybe?? The SPID ini is set to distribute to all female NPCs that aren't in the children, creature, or prey faction.

I didn't want the spell applied to all female NPCs, so I made a spid file to distribute to current and potential followers, the companions, along with followers that are part of the NWS follower framework. I'm also sharing my profile for 3BA in case anyone finds it interesting. Lastly, here's a set of textures with hands for 3BA... soft to jacked range, 10 steps.

SkillBasedMuscle_DISTR.ini SkillBasedMuscle.json textures.zip

13 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

If they're a considered a race then maybe?? The SPID ini is set to distribute to all female NPCs that aren't in the children, creature, or prey faction.

Yeah, I had that problem with another overlay mod. They are the ManakinRace (EditorID), 0010760A, named as  Nord...

In my case, checking for it in the spell was quite a bit faster than excluding them in SPID but you would probably have to try it yourself in this mod.

12 hours ago, Mickster said:

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken there's a MannequinRace.

9 hours ago, sds1 said:

Yeah, I had that problem with another overlay mod. They are the ManakinRace (EditorID), 0010760A, named as  Nord...

In my case, checking for it in the spell was quite a bit faster than excluding them in SPID but you would probably have to try it yourself in this mod.

Adding the race to SPID exclusions should do the trick, you'll have to change cells for the mannequins to lose the muscle ability.

SkillBasedMuscle_DISTR.ini

On 11/5/2021 at 11:25 PM, foreveraloneguy said:

I didn't want the spell applied to all female NPCs, so I made a spid file to distribute to current and potential followers, the companions, along with followers that are part of the NWS follower framework. I'm also sharing my profile for 3BA in case anyone finds it interesting. Lastly, here's a set of textures with hands for 3BA... soft to jacked range, 10 steps.

SkillBasedMuscle_DISTR.ini 238 B · 2 downloads SkillBasedMuscle.json 1.29 kB · 1 download textures.zip 155.73 MB · 7 downloads

Thanks a lot!!!

What I did in order to create maps using this one

...was just copying it as the top layer over a smooth normal map (from tempered skin for example) in paint.net and then gradually increased the transparency of this top layer from 0 to 255 for each of the 10 versions.
If anyone's interested these are the transparency values I used, starting from normal map 1 all the way to 10:

Then I just saved the files as BC7 Linear compression dds files.

Edited by Mickster

OK, Unfortunately I'm running into a conflict between Dynamic Vampire Appearance (DVA) and v4 of this mod.

BVA changes how a character looks like given certain conditions:
-if the character is in combat or uses certain vampiric detect life or night vision powers the eyes glow

-if the character is starving it alters their face to look less healthy/normal and the eyes are more bloodshot.

It's a great little mod. The issue is that whenever it changes the looks of my character it also removes any normal map changes from this mod as well. If I go into the SBM MCM to trigger the normal map change the changes take effect but only until DVA alters my character's looks again.

For clarification: it's only the normal map changes that are undone by DVA, the body morphs themselves seem to work fine.

I know this is probably not an issue with this mod but rather just a conflict with how these two mods interact but is there any possibility to find a workaround for this? Like say a key or some extra way to trigger the effects of this mod for the PC that is transparent to the player?

Edited by Mickster

Hey, was just curious, when you finally do figure out how to add male morphs, could you consider basing them around HIMBO? I realize SAM Light is a thing, but I feel like HIMBO just offers way more options for customization.

Additional concern: So, I am using Bijin skin, but running in to a strange issue. Whenever I first load up the game, there's a sort of paler portion along the torso that creates a visible discoloration. It doesn't appear to be full body, just on the torso. It goes away as soon as the mod updates in game, but it's just a little frustrating to have to force an update every time I go to play the game. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Edited by keitsoru
12 hours ago, Mickster said:

OK, Unfortunately I'm running into a conflict between Dynamic Vampire Appearance (DVA) and v4 of this mod.

BVA changes how a character looks like given certain conditions:
-if the character is in combat or uses certain vampiric detect life or night vision powers the eyes glow

-if the character is starving it alters their face to look less healthy/normal and the eyes are more bloodshot.

It's a great little mod. The issue is that whenever it changes the looks of my character it also removes any normal map changes from this mod as well. If I go into the SBM MCM to trigger the normal map change the changes take effect but only until DVA alters my character's looks again.

For clarification: it's only the normal map changes that are undone by DVA, the body morphs themselves seem to work fine.

I know this is probably not an issue with this mod but rather just a conflict with how these two mods interact but is there any possibility to find a workaround for this? Like say a key or some extra way to trigger the effects of this mod for the PC that is transparent to the player?

It could be because it's changing the actor's skin, or also using a SkinOverride. I don't remember if the base game changes character visuals based on vampirism. I would have to look at the source code to be sure.

I could include an optional timed update as a fail-safe for similar mods, but that sounds messy. I'll just have to get around to it.

10 hours ago, keitsoru said:

Hey, was just curious, when you finally do figure out how to add male morphs, could you consider basing them around HIMBO? I realize SAM Light is a thing, but I feel like HIMBO just offers way more options for customization.

Additional concern: So, I am using Bijin skin, but running in to a strange issue. Whenever I first load up the game, there's a sort of paler portion along the torso that creates a visible discoloration. It doesn't appear to be full body, just on the torso. It goes away as soon as the mod updates in game, but it's just a little frustrating to have to force an update every time I go to play the game. Any ideas on how to fix it?

The main problem with male body morphs is idk what their names are. I found the body morphs for CBBE by looking at outfit studio (bottom right of photo1). So idk if that means you need to have a nif with bodyslide data or if you can use the ones in RaceMenu and I don't know where to find their names.

If your male body has a bodyslide just look at the morph names and add them to the generated json file, also an extra int to "musclemags" and "weightmags" or click save profile in the MCM menu. You can try it with "Breasts" and a female character for example.
As for the bijin skin problem, did you make matching skin normal maps?

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-11-11 200739.png

Screenshot 2021-11-11 201655.png

Edited by jjabrams420
4 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

It could be because it's changing the actor's skin, or also using a SkinOverride. I don't remember if the base game changes character visuals based on vampirism. I would have to look at the source code to be sure.

I could include an optional timed update as a fail-safe for similar mods, but that sounds messy. I'll just have to get around to it.

The main problem with male body morphs is idk what their names are. I found the body morphs for CBBE by looking at outfit studio (bottom right of photo1). So idk if that means you need to have a nif with bodyslide data or if you can use the ones in RaceMenu and I don't know where to find their names.

If your male body has a bodyslide just look at the morph names and add them to the generated json file, also an extra int to "musclemags" and "weightmags" or click save profile in the MCM menu. You can try it with "Breasts" and a female character for example.
As for the bijin skin problem, did you make matching skin normal maps?

Hide contents

Screenshot 2021-11-11 200739.png

Screenshot 2021-11-11 201655.png

I did not, no, because I have no direction on how to actually do it. That said, testing suggests it has something to do with the dirt overlays from Bathing In Skyrim, or it's because I had Sandow previously and didn't remove the dead scripts. I've been messing around with best options regarding the AE update and had to revert back, but it did seem to go away after bathing and cleaning the save. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know if it fixes it again.