1 hour ago, foreveraloneguy said:

I'm still not clear. Are you saying that you have to remove and re-add the spell with the original release? Because I'm trying to understand if the bug where the PC doesn't get updated  textures is due to my changes or a problem with the last release from jj.

i believe the problem is in the original mod. Probably how it interacts with some other MOD we both have.

18 hours ago, sirgilly said:

i believe the problem is in the original mod. Probably how it interacts with some other MOD we both have.

If that's the case, then I'm going to give this a rest for now and pick it up again later. I still don't like it updating normals on every ninode update. At least in my game, there's a ninode update every few seconds and there's no good reason to be updating the normals 5-10 times a minute. But I've spent nearly every spare minute on this for about the last month and I need to take a break from it until I come up with some new ideas on how to implement any  further changes.

So this patch will stop NPCs from re-equipping all their armor during sexlab scenes, and neither the PC nor NPCs lose their updated normals once they get them. But it is, at least for me, often necessary to remove and re-add the SBM ability spell to my PC on the first game start. After that, everything is fine and normals update like  they should for skill increases and decreases.

Skill Based Muscle 4.3 Sexlab.7z

On 7/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, toynbeeidea said:

Okay, finally setting up Skyrim again to finally try AE out - and I am confused.

Looks like this mod is abandoned by the author, so is officially stuck at 4.3 as the base.  Over the past two pages I see various fixes:

• Skill Based Muscle 4.3 patch
  • Skill Based Muscle 4.3 FAFO
  • Script fix
  • Skill Based Muscle Fix (20220215)

Do I want/need all of these?  Some combination of these? 

Just use this one. I have most of the issues worked out but it's not really final.

On 7/27/2022 at 6:13 PM, foreveraloneguy said:

If that's the case, then I'm going to give this a rest for now and pick it up again later. I still don't like it updating normals on every ninode update. At least in my game, there's a ninode update every few seconds and there's no good reason to be updating the normals 5-10 times a minute. But I've spent nearly every spare minute on this for about the last month and I need to take a break from it until I come up with some new ideas on how to implement any  further changes.

So this patch will stop NPCs from re-equipping all their armor during sexlab scenes, and neither the PC nor NPCs lose their updated normals once they get them. But it is, at least for me, often necessary to remove and re-add the SBM ability spell to my PC on the first game start. After that, everything is fine and normals update like  they should for skill increases and decreases.

Skill Based Muscle 4.3 Sexlab.7z 8.1 kB · 0 downloads

Is this comment from wet function redux relevant to what you are talking about (if we are talking about texture swapping) "ATTENTION! i found solution to fix stutter when texture swap happens! Need to set start effect to 0, but developer must make new setting in MCM for disable dry function. it means when function "Start effect" is 0, function "dry" must be ignored. For game this will work like you allready wet, but visually you not. And mod will be change texture on load save file and thats it! Just make "texture swaping"to work everytime (i mean texture swap must load texture only once at load game), but not by triggers. Triggers will works only to change wetness strengh. Please try to make update with this "conceptual" fix )"

9 hours ago, sirgilly said:

Is this comment from wet function redux relevant to what you are talking about (if we are talking about texture swapping) "ATTENTION! i found solution to fix stutter when texture swap happens! Need to set start effect to 0, but developer must make new setting in MCM for disable dry function. it means when function "Start effect" is 0, function "dry" must be ignored. For game this will work like you allready wet, but visually you not. And mod will be change texture on load save file and thats it! Just make "texture swaping"to work everytime (i mean texture swap must load texture only once at load game), but not by triggers. Triggers will works only to change wetness strengh. Please try to make update with this "conceptual" fix )"

I don't understand any of that. I'd have to see code, then maybe it'd make sense. I'm also not seeing stuttering during swaps. What I do see is the clean up of pizza hands making the hands constantly flash. That's what I want to reduce or eliminate.

• 3 weeks later...

What body type are you using? I assume BHUNP. It should work with 5.2, lemme know.

So bc the NodeOverride method requires the name of the node of the mesh your overriding, it needs to written into the ApplyNormalMaps() function of the script. The name of the node can be found in Outfit Studio or NifSkope. Less convenient than SkinOverride method, but at least it works.

Images below should show what I mean. All I added was a elseif check for the BaseShape node.

Screenshot 2022-08-21 181955.png

Screenshot 2022-08-21 182001.png

Screenshot 2022-08-21 182005.png

Screenshot 2022-08-21 182313.png

Edited by jjabrams420

Awesome job on this mod! I was having trouble with normals swapping until 5.3, and now that I have that one installed, it works perfectly! I will say though, this mod does overwrite effects produced by this mod, at least until I reach max/exceed the pregnancy slider values:

To mitigate this, I would love to know how you set up the texture swapping. What I would like to see is normals for each level of normals, but with each level of muscle normals with appropriate normals for each incremental level of the pregnancy slider.

This follows in 0/20/40/60/80/100 for the scaling factor on the pregnancy, so it would mean a shitload more normal textures to accomplish this. To get around having to do a fuckload of work in some texture editor, does anyone know a way to "combine" normal maps? I know combine isn't the right word, but I'd like to keep the muscle maps, but I'd also like to see the pregnancy normals as well. It would likely need some sort of integration with this mod to work properly though, since this mod is handling muscle normals.

Basically, the normals would likely have to be like this

0 muscle normals + 0/20/40/60/80/100 pregnancy normals

1 muscle normals + 0/20/40/60/80/100 pregnancy normals

2 muscle normals + 0/20/40/60/80/100 pregnancy normals

3 muscle normals + 0/20/40/60/80/100 pregnancy normals

etc etc.

I know normals also change depending on what I''m leveled up in, so I'm not sure how that would work.

But, food for thought, if ever it should come to pass. But again, thank you for this awesome mod!!

That's unfortunate about the NodeOverride method. I'm fairly there's a function in skse/ee or papyrusutil that let's you get the node names from a mesh. Maybe it'd be possible to get that for an actor during processing? I'm asking because I've run into followers and armors that use non-standard names for the body meshes. 

Edited by foreveraloneguy

Updated from 4.3 with patches from the thread to 5.2, hoping it will be a final nail in occasionally still present pizza bug.

It did not go as planned. Most NPCs now have pizza, well, everything. And while previously it could be fixed by equipping and unequipping an item that overrides corresponding body part - it does no longer work. Is updating not supported? Does it require NIOoverride cleaning?

Edit: After clearing out NiOverride date from a save, it seems like female characters got back to normal, in fact after running around for a while - they seem to be practicly universally properly normalled with a singular exception that got fixed by readding SBM ability.

Males however are almost universally screwd, with a few exceptions. Exception seem to be exclusively non-uniques, not sure what to make of it. I suspect that issue is me running SAM light body for males.

Edit: Baseshape for nude sam is called SAMBody, and its not listed in _SBM_effect.pcs. Tried adding an elseif block for it. compilation failed with an intimidating amount of errors. On a new game i guess editing SPID to be female only would suffice. As for existing save - would someone be willing to add SAMBody to the list?

Edit: Nope, male pizzafication is not cured by manually removing SBM ability from them and reloading. My guess is because they still have corresponding MGEF... somehow? No idea how to remove those =-/

Edited by nilead

After conceding that old savegame is unsalvageable, i went on to start a new game with female only distribution.

This is an SPID:

Spoiler

;SBM Actor Spell
Spell = 0x838~Skill Based Muscle.esp|NONE|-00000013,-00013279,-0002E894,-0010760A|NONE|F|NONE|100

This is Lucan Valerius on a new game:

Spoiler

ScreenShot53.png.956c1a675613e750f49598dd93e30cf5.png

Upon trying to remove sbm ability from him - nope, not there. Ok.. maaybe its not SBM? Same, but if i disable SBM plugin:

Spoiler

ScreenShot54.png.4cc55a91348729f49c1dc65d80b11db3.png

Frankly, i've got no idea on how it works, but as it stands right now pizzafication of male NPCs seem to be inevitable if you run SAM male body with SBM5.2.

Edited by nilead

First post here I hope someone know how to to solve this problem.

I'm using this mod for every run of the game but now i wanted to play with SkyDraenei race. The sliders are working but the texture are just a mess cause of the different body.

My question is there's some way to patch so an eventual custom folder will be used to swap the normals? In the way used for argonians and khajiit to be clear. 

22 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

I set the number of normals to 10, but it keeps reverting to 9 on load. Is that expected?

No, and I wasn't able to replicate that. Do you mean profile load or save load?

On 8/26/2022 at 5:05 AM, Santamatozzu25 said:

First post here I hope someone know how to to solve this problem.

I'm using this mod for every run of the game but now i wanted to play with SkyDraenei race. The sliders are working but the texture are just a mess cause of the different body.

My question is there's some way to patch so an eventual custom folder will be used to swap the normals? In the way used for argonians and khajiit to be clear. 

If the textures are being applied that means the mod is working as intended, it's just the normal maps need to edited for that race. Look at the texture notes in the readme.txt.

On 8/22/2022 at 10:06 AM, Dhexel said:

I cannot overstate how much I want you to implement skill specific morphs!! ?

Do you have a patreon? I'm completely broke right now but once I'm doing better I'd pay for that feature!

I'm not doin that, it'd be too tedious and make the menu a mess. But feel free to take a crack at it.

On 8/22/2022 at 12:04 PM, applesandmayo said:

Awesome job on this mod! I was having trouble with normals swapping until 5.3, and now that I have that one installed, it works perfectly! I will say though, this mod does overwrite effects produced by this mod, at least until I reach max/exceed the pregnancy slider values:

Thanks, and I ain't doin all that. Look at the GetMusclePath and ApplyNormalMaps functions in _SBM_Effect.psc. Look at the texture notes in the readme.txt.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:09 PM, foreveraloneguy said:

That's unfortunate about the NodeOverride method. I'm fairly there's a function in skse/ee or papyrusutil that let's you get the node names from a mesh. Maybe it'd be possible to get that for an actor during processing? I'm asking because I've run into followers and armors that use non-standard names for the body meshes. 

I looked all around and I couldn't find it. If you do lemme know, but idfk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, WYH661129 said:

I checked everything as far as possible, but this problem still exists. For men, the body morphs  works normally, while muscle maps only work when I wear armor or clothes. Once I take off my clothes, the muscle maps will disappear.

What body? As in open the malebody* nif , what's the name for the BSTriShape?