Skill Based Muscle

View File

What this mod does

• Adds Muscle stat derived from skill levels.
  • Changes normal maps of female/male bodies depending on Muscle for all vanilla races except Khajiit and Argonians (all that's missing is textures).
  • Changes body morphs of female body depending on Muscle. Has modifiers to apply at a higher rates for higher Actor weight.
  • Adds option to have Actor weight dependent on Actor level.
  • Adds MCM to configure nearly every option.

Hard Requirements

• SKSE
  • SkyUI, for MCM
  • RaceMenu, for NetImmerse Override (script functions that change body morphs / normal maps)
  • PapyrusUtil SE, absolutelty necessary, all mod settings are enabled by json.

Flaccid Requirements

Notes

• SPID
    • The SPID file is set up to distribute to all eligible NPCs, so males and females.
    • If you want only females to affected, use this line instead.
    • Spell = 0x838~Skill Based Muscle.esp|NONE|-00000013,-00013279,-0002E894,-0010760A|NONE|F|NONE|100
  • Textures
    • This mod supports up to 10 levels of body/hand normal maps for all playable vanilla races, male or female. So that's a total of 60 potential textures.
    • Any missing textures will simply be ignored, no override will be applied.
    • I've only included 10 body normal maps and 1 hand normal map for male/female human/elf races.
    • To have argonians/khajiit be affected, or to have more hand normal map levels, simply place your favorite normal maps following the naming convention of the existing texture files.
    • If you are using different textures than what this mod is based on, you may need to make your own. This requires an image editor like Photoshop or GIMP, and some basic knowledge of layers. To do this I've included a psd file to help. The textures are BC7 dds files, so you may need to download the "Intel® Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop*".
  • Body Morphs
    • To add more body morphs, go to one of the profile json file (SKSE\Plugins\SkillBasedMuscle\filename.json), add the slider name as it appears in the body's xml file (CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderCategories\filename.xml)
    • Any invalid body morphs will have no effect.
    • Up to 63 body morphs for each sex can exist. Same for the weight modifiers.
    • To have argonians/khajiit be affected you need a body with bodyslides for them.
  • Mod updating
    • Should be fine to just update, but uninstall and run a save cleaner if you're unsure. For upgrading to 5.0 running a save cleaner is a good idea.
  • Known Bugs / To-do
    • When WeightLevel is updated armor meshes don't update with new Actor weight. Problem is solved by reequipping armor.

Ideas in order of likelihood (probably won't do any of these)

• Implement skill specific body morph options (e.g. Restoration increases only breasts, might require a matrix of textures for normal map support, ehhhh...).
  • Convert to SKSE plugin (after Anniversary Edition, hard maybe).
  • Replace SetSkin() with some NiOverride function to replace only normal map textures (someone link some documentation please). BLESS THIS MAN
  • Implement male support (don't feel like looking for male textures). Done.
  • Implement Khajiit / Argonian support (don't really care to, unless I can find a mod that replaces their heads and some good body textures, the framework in the esp is set up tho). Implemented, all that's needed is to drop the textures in their respective folder.
  • Implement male body morphs (Not quite sure how to access the ones in RaceMenu).

Thanks/Credits

Edited by jjabrams420

FINALLY. I've been waiting for something like this for years, that isn't weight based. Thank you.. Any idea if it will be backward compatible with LE?

And an ini or an MCM would be good indeed, since it would be neat to make this work along with morphology and bodybuilders mods

Edited by Durante

This looks beautiful. I hav a few questins about this mod.

1) As asked above, does this work for player only or are npc's also effected?

2) Is it only based on the pure and fitness body or does it also needs those 2 mods? Can it be used with fair skin or any othe textures)

3) How much does it affect game performance?

4) Will there also be a male version? (Not necessarely interested but for equality)

With high regards,

Reinyn

4 hours ago, Durante said:

FINALLY. I've been waiting for something like this for years, that isn't weight based. Thank you.. Any idea if it will be backward compatible with LE?

And an ini or an MCM would be good indeed, since it would be neat to make this work along with morphology and bodybuilders mods

Agreed, weight is for body weight, not muscles.

One can probably use champolion papyrus compiler to generate BHUNP  slider names.

EDIT: BHUNP does not have the sliders ending with _v2. So: MuscleArms, MuscleLegs, MuscleButt, MusclePecs, MuscleAbs.

-----------

UNP normal maps can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12983?tab=files probably need to move/rename the files.

Not sure if the normal maps need to be adjusted for BHUNP, will look.

Just need to credit:

Agnusthemagi for shieldmaiden muscle sliders

ScrollTron1c for FAMOUS

HHaleyy for Fair Skin Complexion

Edited by langmans

Concept is A+. I haven't installed it yet though, as I've got a question.

The mods I run with start most of my toon's skills at 1. Does that cause problems in your formulae?

I would also second the notion of an MCM. For instance, I love the idea of normal maps, but less so mucking with morphology.

28 minutes ago, Void Stack said:

The mods I run with start most of my toon's skills at 1. Does that cause problems in your formulae?

No it shouldn't, at least that's what I gather from looking at the source code:

float onehand = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[0])
	float twohand = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[1])
	float archery = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[2])
	float block = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[3])
	float armorH = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[4])
	float armorL = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[5])
	float smith = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[13])
	float sneak = PlayerRef.GetBaseActorValue(SkillNames[15])
	float minor = onehand + archery + block + armorL + smith + sneak - (base * 6)
	float major = twohand + armorH - (base * 2)
	float muscle = (minor / 6 + major / 3) / (1 - base / 100)

if (muscle > 100)
		muscle = 100
	elseIf (muscle <= 0)
		muscle =0
	endif

Muscle can never go below 0% and higher then 100%. With this part, you can easily check how much percentage your muscles will be. "base" is 15.

Edited by langmans

Not sure if it works for LE, doesn't seem like the textures are being replaced beyond stage 1.

Also, I recommend adding in hands muscle maps to the mod too, there's a risk the default hand textures will stand out from the body, giving a seam.

Edited by Durante
20 hours ago, llyarc said:

Will this mod work on npc?

No, I don't know how to implement that. I would like to though. Best guess is something with SPID.

19 hours ago, Durante said:

You're welcome, and no clue.

18 hours ago, applesandmayo said:

What skill affects breasts? I usually run with MME, so I dont really want anything affecting breast size outside of that. And agree with Durante - a MCM to allow for range so it doesnt get too crazy, or at least allows you to affect particular sliders.

No skill affects breasts, the mod only changes normal maps and the muscle body morphs. All variables involved are in the newly added MCM.

17 hours ago, reinyn said:

This looks beautiful. I hav a few questins about this mod.

1) As asked above, does this work for player only or are npc's also effected?

2) Is it only based on the pure and fitness body or does it also needs those 2 mods? Can it be used with fair skin or any othe textures)

3) How much does it affect game performance?

4) Will there also be a male version? (Not necessarely interested but for equality)

With high regards,

Reinyn

1) Only player right now.

2) You can use it with whatever textures you like, but you'd need to replace the normal maps to match. I recommend grabbing the normal map from the texture mod you like, dropping it into photoshop or gimp, layering over some muscle textures, and saving those over the ones in my mod.

3) The script only runs on load, level up, and MCM close so it shouldn't affect performance at all.

4) Nope, at least not from me. Not hard to implement, just don't really care to look for the textures or to do it even.

15 hours ago, Void Stack said:

Concept is A+. I haven't installed it yet though, as I've got a question.

I would also second the notion of an MCM. For instance, I love the idea of normal maps, but less so mucking with morphology.

Nope, I also just added a MCM so go nuts.

Edited by jjabrams420

Any idea if this can be made to work with custom races? the bodymorph works perfectly, but the normalmaps dont want to change for me with the YgNord race. (tried to make it work myself in xEdit but I'm apparently not skilled enough. Also this is AMAZING, thanks for putting it together!

Edited by syrenundine
almost forgot to give thanks
10 hours ago, syrenundine said:

이것이 커스텀 레이스와 함께 작동하도록 만들 수 있는지 어떤 아이디어가 있습니까? 바디모프는 완벽하게 작동하지만, 노멀맵은 YgNord 종족과 함께 변경되기를 원하지 않습니다. (xEdit에서 직접 작동하게 하려고 했지만 충분히 숙련되지 않은 것 같습니다. 또한 이것은 놀랍습니다. 함께 만들어 주셔서 감사합니다!

Ah this is neat!

In the future, would it be possible to have some blank MCM entries so we could add in our own morphs? That would make it compatible with all body types as well as anyone with custom sliders. (I've seen it done this way in other mods that morph the body when conditions are met.) 

Also, I don't know how the permissions work for these things, but this nexus mod has muscle maps for the beast races that you might be able to use.

CBBE Muscle Solution at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

So this is much like BOSSE (Bodies of skyrim SE), but with less set-up on user end?

I love BOSSE for it's concept, and have been trying to sus out the best way to apply different textures to ALL the NPC's for 2 weeks now. I settled on BOSSE, but it's still not ideal.

I've found EBD (Every Bodys Different) and it's addon xEBD, which xedits every npc in game to apply new textures AND morphs to them. It's a big job for the user end, and results in a permanent change. I went against it because it bakes its stuff into your game, and if I ever wanna change it, I'd need to re-learn and re-do all of the EBD editing, or re-install my game.

BOSSE was the choice I went for, but it still kinda disappoints me, with it trying to do to much. It was a little less involved with set-up, and doesn't bake the stuff into your games master files. It's great tho because you can change NPC textures on the fly, and also if you want, use it to swap out body meshes. But I skipped the unique meshes part and use Obody.

My gripe with BOSSE is it tries to cover so much, and the author isn't English speaking, so the instructions are a little confusing.
I got the base body texture swaps to work, but you can also do beast races, kids and even different face, wetness, and muscle textures, but it all gets so convoluted at that point.

I've been wishing for a simple alternative all these weeks and noticed this dropped 3 days ago. It would be awesome if you talked to BOSSE author and maybe between the two of you, you can sus out a way to make the install a little easier, AND you can get your awesome (and better) muscle system to work with NPCS maybe?

On 10/16/2021 at 2:37 PM, Void Stack said:

So far it all works as advertised. Great job. I was fearing the bodymorphs would be a bit cray cray, but they aren't.

One issues I did notice is that this seems to create a neck seam, at least when used overtop Diamond Skin textures.

Seem.png

Since this is a muscular normal map you need to do fix it manually your own normal map. 

EDITED: Since I'm using the same body skin, I made a fix for myself but I want to share it. Is just for the non sport normal. Please send some screenshots :) 

Beware everyone, this is just for Diamond Skin. 

Skill Based Muscle for Diamond Skin.rar

Edited by urbon

Hey - great mod, though I think I've noticed a slight issue. Whenever i get a level-up in a skill that affects muscles, my character's weapons quickly unequip and equip themselves again. While it's instantaneous, it's also a nightmare if you're using a bow, as it'll just suddenly cancel your attack. Is this a known issue?