1 hour ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Overwrite.

cool cool. Also I'm not seeing the MCM menu showing up for me. Is their a certain way I have to install this mod in order for it to show up? I'm running it on MO2 and I have Ostim also if that is preventing it from working.

15 hours ago, kaseem said:

cool cool. Also I'm not seeing the MCM menu showing up for me. Is their a certain way I have to install this mod in order for it to show up? I'm running it on MO2 and I have Ostim also if that is preventing it from working.

So you confirmed a bug I found but wasn't sure about. Overwrite with this patch, start and continue your game. Once in, open the console and run stopquest _sbm_mcmquest, close the console, then open the console again and run startquest _sbm_mcmquest. Close the console again, open the console again, and finally, run setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 and close the console. Wait a bit until the messages about menus being registered stop. Then go into plugin settings and the SBM menu should be there.

Anyone else that hasn't already started the game shouldn't need to do all this. It should also be safe to update mid-game without all the MCM madness.

Skill Based Muscle 4.3 FAFO v2.7z

Edited by foreveraloneguy

Won't this mod work on random npc like bandits?  I could see this mod works on named npcs but not leveled npcs even I set every skill magnitude highest value and skill base 0.

Is this just my problem or mod itself?

Edited by xxxxeee
10 minutes ago, xxxxeee said:

Won't this mod work on random npc like bandits?  I could see this mod works on named npcs but not leveled npcs even I set every skill magnitude highest value and skill base 0.

Is this just my problem or mod itself?

If you use the default SPID file shipped with the mod, all NPCs get normal map changes, and female NPCs get morphed as well by default.

32 minutes ago, foreveraloneguy said:

If you use the default SPID file shipped with the mod, all NPCs get normal map changes, and female NPCs get morphed as well by default.

oh thank you for quick reply!

So that means I am something wrong... I'm gonna check for something missing. thanks

3 hours ago, xxxxeee said:

oh thank you for quick reply!

So that means I am something wrong... I'm gonna check for something missing. thanks

the default script doesnt work on npcs inside of a leveled list, i just changed GetActorBase() to GetLeveledActorBase() to fix this

Script fix.rar

On 6/27/2022 at 6:25 PM, foreveraloneguy said:

So you confirmed a bug I found but wasn't sure about. Overwrite with this patch, start and continue your game. Once in, open the console and run stopquest _sbm_mcmquest, close the console, then open the console again and run startquest _sbm_mcmquest. Close the console again, open the console again, and finally, run setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 and close the console. Wait a bit until the messages about menus being registered stop. Then go into plugin settings and the SBM menu should be there.

Anyone else that hasn't already started the game shouldn't need to do all this. It should also be safe to update mid-game without all the MCM madness.

Skill Based Muscle 4.3 FAFO v2.7z 7.94 kB · 9 downloads

I seem to have an odd item where my skin (excluding head) has weird shading, will go almost transparent in some situations since including this fix, also the pizza hands are being equipped in inventory. I wonder if something is amiss?

it happened when I put on an armor, then stuck there. 

Edited by sirgilly
2 hours ago, sirgilly said:

I seem to have an odd item where my skin (excluding head) has weird shading, will go almost transparent in some situations since including this fix, also the pizza hands are being equipped in inventory. I wonder if something is amiss?

it happened when I put on an armor, then stuck there. 

I've seen this too, and I think I already have it fixed. I'm still testing.

5 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

I've seen this too, and I think I already have it fixed. I'm still testing.

Do you think the solution will try a new game, I started last night but bailed owing to the issue I would need to diagnose and fix, I am able to restart relatively easily tonight and happy to rey the beta fix. My mod list is pretty brutal at over 2000 esps so finding culprits can be tricky.

I saw a report of someone saying they had similar issues with a mod called BOSSE, and someone mentioning it could relate to subsurface scattering.

1 hour ago, sirgilly said:

Do you think the solution will try a new game, I started last night but bailed owing to the issue I would need to diagnose and fix, I am able to restart relatively easily tonight and happy to rey the beta fix. My mod list is pretty brutal at over 2000 esps so finding culprits can be tricky.

I saw a report of someone saying they had similar issues with a mod called BOSSE, and someone mentioning it could relate to subsurface scattering.

No, no new game. It's a pretty simple patch. I'm still testing but haven't been able to find any bad side effects. What I did was comment out the code that removes the nioverride texture before applying a new nioverride texture. I also included the fix for leveled actors. The one issue I'm still working on is that if you disable and enable an NPC, they may come back with the hand texture applied to the body.

Skill Based Muscle 4.3 patch.7z

22 minutes ago, foreveraloneguy said:

No, no new game. It's a pretty simple patch. I'm still testing but haven't been able to find any bad side effects. What I did was comment out the code that removes the nioverride texture before applying a new nioverride texture. I also included the fix for leveled actors. The one issue I'm still working on is that if you disable and enable an NPC, they may come back with the hand texture applied to the body.

Skill Based Muscle 4.3 patch.7z 7.96 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for fixing this up, loverslab is the home of mods saved by users in the support section with mad tweaking skills.

2 hours ago, sirgilly said:

Thanks for fixing this up, loverslab is the home of mods saved by users in the support section with mad tweaking skills.

3 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Skill Based Muscle 4.3 patch.7z 7.96 kB · 2 downloads

I’ll try on a new game, this fixed the body texture but left the hands see through in certain light

57 minutes ago, sirgilly said:

I’ll try on a new game, this fixed the body texture but left the hands see through in certain light

Took awhile, but ran into NPCs still loading something other than the intended texture. Going into the MCM so it does a remuscle seems to mostly fix them, so I'm still working on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, finally setting up Skyrim again to finally try AE out - and I am confused.

Looks like this mod is abandoned by the author, so is officially stuck at 4.3 as the base.  Over the past two pages I see various fixes:

• Skill Based Muscle 4.3 patch
  • Skill Based Muscle 4.3 FAFO
  • Script fix
  • Skill Based Muscle Fix (20220215)

Do I want/need all of these?  Some combination of these? 

On 7/2/2022 at 7:42 PM, foreveraloneguy said:

Took awhile, but ran into NPCs still loading something other than the intended texture. Going into the MCM so it does a remuscle seems to mostly fix them, so I'm still working on it.

Did you ever finalize your solution?

5 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Are you running one of my patches or the original release?

Wouldn’t this mean you have almost nailed it? If you have it so that on startup it removes then adds spell to the player it’s all good right? Do the npcs have their textures?

7 hours ago, sirgilly said:

Wouldn’t this mean you have almost nailed it? If you have it so that on startup it removes then adds spell to the player it’s all good right? Do the npcs have their textures?

I'm still not clear. Are you saying that you have to remove and re-add the spell with the original release? Because I'm trying to understand if the bug where the PC doesn't get updated  textures is due to my changes or a problem with the last release from jj.