On 10/14/2021 at 2:45 AM, feodor.icon said:

What functionality will stop working if there is no RaceMenu?

At best body morphs won't be applied, at worst the game will crash.

On 10/14/2021 at 12:15 PM, gregaaz said:

So I'm using BHUNP for my body. If I find and provide appropriate UNP normals, will everything else work? This mod sounds like a good for for my game world. 

BTW is there any level of male support, or is it female only?

It should work if you swap out the normals, idk if the missing body morphs will cause problems tho.

No support is planned for males.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:13 PM, syrenundine said:

Any idea if this can be made to work with custom races? the bodymorph works perfectly, but the normalmaps dont want to change for me with the YgNord race. (tried to make it work myself in xEdit but I'm apparently not skilled enough. Also this is AMAZING, thanks for putting it together!

Yes it can. You need to make an Armor Addon for each level of muscular normal map (only difference being the texture set they have) and add those Armor Addons to the matching SkinNaked Armor.

On 10/15/2021 at 6:06 AM, asheyes said:

I have wonder of this mod. How can I tweak this mod for male? I find some texture for use...but, umm do I have to change script?

No script change is necessary, you need to edit the esp. Make a Texture Set for each level of muscular normal map and add those to the matching NakedTorso Armor Addon.

On 10/15/2021 at 6:48 AM, venomr said:

Ah this is neat!

In the future, would it be possible to have some blank MCM entries so we could add in our own morphs? That would make it compatible with all body types as well as anyone with custom sliders. (I've seen it done this way in other mods that morph the body when conditions are met.) 

Also, I don't know how the permissions work for these things, but this nexus mod has muscle maps for the beast races that you might be able to use.

CBBE Muscle Solution at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

The most recent update allows you to define what body morphs are used. In the esp, edit the MuscleNames, MuscleMags, and WeightMags arrays in _SBM_TrackingQuest. I don't plan on having this done through the MCM because it seems kinda messy to implement.

I'm not interested in adding support for beast races at the moment, sorry.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, Cloud9-Kojack said:

So this is much like BOSSE (Bodies of skyrim SE), but with less set-up on user end?

I love BOSSE for it's concept, and have been trying to sus out the best way to apply different textures to ALL the NPC's for 2 weeks now. I settled on BOSSE, but it's still not ideal.

I've found EBD (Every Bodys Different) and it's addon xEBD, which xedits every npc in game to apply new textures AND morphs to them. It's a big job for the user end, and results in a permanent change. I went against it because it bakes its stuff into your game, and if I ever wanna change it, I'd need to re-learn and re-do all of the EBD editing, or re-install my game.

BOSSE was the choice I went for, but it still kinda disappoints me, with it trying to do to much. It was a little less involved with set-up, and doesn't bake the stuff into your games master files. It's great tho because you can change NPC textures on the fly, and also if you want, use it to swap out body meshes. But I skipped the unique meshes part and use Obody.

My gripe with BOSSE is it tries to cover so much, and the author isn't English speaking, so the instructions are a little confusing.
I got the base body texture swaps to work, but you can also do beast races, kids and even different face, wetness, and muscle textures, but it all gets so convoluted at that point.

I've been wishing for a simple alternative all these weeks and noticed this dropped 3 days ago. It would be awesome if you talked to BOSSE author and maybe between the two of you, you can sus out a way to make the install a little easier, AND you can get your awesome (and better) muscle system to work with NPCS maybe?

It's ready to go out the box, yes.

Thanks for bringing BOSSE to my attention, I'll take a look at how he implements support for NPCs... eventually.

8 hours ago, Tenner said:

Hey - great mod, though I think I've noticed a slight issue. Whenever i get a level-up in a skill that affects muscles, my character's weapons quickly unequip and equip themselves again. While it's instantaneous, it's also a nightmare if you're using a bow, as it'll just suddenly cancel your attack. Is this a known issue?

Unknown till now, may be a quirk from the function used to update visuals. I switched the function from UpdateWeight() to QueueNiNodeUpdate() in the most recent update, maybe that'll fix it.

9 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

Unknown till now, may be a quirk from the function used to update visuals. I switched the function from UpdateWeight() to QueueNiNodeUpdate() in the most recent update, maybe that'll fix it.

That appears to have done it!

The most recent update allows you to define what body morphs are used. In the esp, edit the MuscleNames, MuscleMags, and WeightMags arrays in _SBM_TrackingQuest. I don't plan on having this done through the MCM because it seems kinda messy to implement.

Thank you! So this makes BHUNP compatibility possible without using papyrus compiler :)

Edited by langmans

Hi, i love the idea of this mod and so glad theres finally one that isnt based on weight (we've had pumping iron for years now so thats never really ment something to me).

Now i do use a different texture mod for the body (Bijin Skin) but i really have no idea how to add the appropriate normal maps to my textures and such.

I'll be trying it with the textures you provided first but most body textures look like off in my game. (it would also be great if there was a sweaty body version!)

Edit: Happy to say that it looks good in game! Just a shame she's so dry now ;)

Edited by FovI

hey, so i have noticed that ever since i installed this mod, my game chrashes when i save about 95% of the time (i have made 2 saves successfully in total i think) it loads and runs just fine, it works too but when i save its an instant ctd

I'm going to start a new save to test if it still does

Edit: yeah works fine now, even when i go to the places it chrashed most reliably for me

Edited by FovI

Got another request... would you consider expanding this to 11 stages? I'm asking because when I'm working with blending the textures, I get better results blending in the muscle overlay in 10% steps. 7-8% is even better, but 15-20 steps might be too many. And would you also consider having this alter the hand textures? I found a really extreme muscle normal that I quite like, but it doesn't look right unless the hands are also done because I end up with smooth, delicate hands and a super ripped body.

One more thing... I dug around to get a better understanding of how this works... it's fine if you only use the vanilla races and nothing else. I use PSQ and this breaks the appearance of the PC when transformed when it updates skill levels (reverts my transformed appearance back to vanilla). It's also interfering with wet function redux for the same reason. So my suggestion is to have this update less frequently, maybe even only on sleep. Ideally, this would only swap out the normal maps and nothing else, instead of swapping out the entire texture set which would make it compatible with everything. That's assuming you use the same body type for everything, which I think most people do.

Edited by foreveraloneguy

I'm back with some good news and feedback. :)

So after some days of toying with BOSSE to get my game running with that mod. It worked splendidly for swapping wholly unique body textures, on PC/NPS. The muscle specular functionn worked well, slowly blending more muscle in, and the wet function was decent, tho a little overly shiney on some male skins. I did have some purple kids running around, but re-loading fixed it half the time.

I've decided to drop BOSSE though, due to a major drawback (for me). Whenever it cloaks(or SPIDs) the PC/NPC it reverts their head to the vanilla poly one. I use High Poly head, and Hi-Poly Bijin so this was often black-facing my NPCS, or annoyingly reverting my PC to a jagged low-poly head every BOSSE event (daily in-game).  UNACCECPABLLLEEEE!!!!

So I've decided to go with a potentially janky mix of 3 mods. This muscle mod, WetFunction Rdx (The newly compatible with HPHead version), and "Randomly distributed CBBE female body skins" (I'll say RDCBBESkin).  This should get close to the same effect, minus being able to swap body textures on NPC's on a whim, but bonus that they already will be distributed. (With Bosse I had to manually set each NPC's skin. You can set it up to apply to certain morphs but then you gotta use it's bodymorph system, make a config, yadda yadda. It's a big hasstle to set-up compared to BodyGen, or Obody.)

I've read above that Wetfunction Rdx doesn't work well with this, but I'm willing to try an edit (probably wont be that easy ?). I agree with the sentiment though.  If this just swapped the muscle maps, it could be a perfect trifecta between this, WetFucRdx, and RDCBBESkin.  I'm reallly hoping we can cobble this together and then it becomes the ultimate SSE skin diversity combo.

Oh also. If you want muscle normals that include the hands and also has 11 levels of muscle map.  This mod here. CBBE Muscle Solution

I have opted NOT to use that one, and use this one instead since it is more customizable, and can run off skill.

Also realizing you might just be able to replace the base skin textures of this mod, and run it in tandem with the RDCBBESkin mod to get it to work. No xEdit, No CK. Will report back tomorrow with details.

19 minutes ago, Cloud9-Kojack said:

I've read above that Wetfunction Rdx doesn't work well with this, but I'm willing to try an edit (probably wont be that easy ?). I agree with the sentiment though.  If this just swapped the muscle maps, it could be a perfect trifecta between this, WetFucRdx, and RDCBBESkin.  I'm reallly hoping we can cobble this together and then it becomes the ultimate SSE skin diversity combo.

I think I may have been wrong about it being a conflict between SBM and WFR. I think it was WFR getting trolled by Frostfall since that's an integration that exists. Basically, I'm now thinking it was frostfall saying my character is dry and sexlab saying your arousal is 100, you're sweating buckets.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:32 AM, jbrinch_228 said:

Good mod, but ...

This mod cause glitch with Vampire lord and Beast form.

Mesh of moddels just disappears ?

I haven't tested it extensively yet so I can't say with 100% certainty it's this mod but I've started noticing the same issue at around the time I installed this mod.

Edited by Mickster

So, I tinkered a little with the scripts and from my limited testing, this should now load the sliders (and their magnitude values) from the supplied json file, though it now needs PapyrusUtil. It should also be blocked from updating while in Vampire Lord/Werewolf form.

@jjabrams420 If you want to distribute it to NPCs (though it would really be better for compatibility to rely on SkinOverrides rather than switching the whole texture set), you could simply make an ability which is distributed by SPID. Have that ability/its magic effect check in some way wether it was already applied (like checking for morphs with your key), then apply the UpdateStatus function with the actor it is applied to, then delete the magic effect from the actor. Since followers can actually level up, you could also check wether the NPC is a follower and if so update them (SPID will reapply the ability whenever (or at least often when) one loads the actor, i.e. gameload or cell change).

Skill Based Muscle.7z

On 10/18/2021 at 12:49 PM, FovI said:

Hi, i love the idea of this mod and so glad theres finally one that isnt based on weight (we've had pumping iron for years now so thats never really ment something to me).

Now i do use a different texture mod for the body (Bijin Skin) but i really have no idea how to add the appropriate normal maps to my textures and such.

I'll be trying it with the textures you provided first but most body textures look like off in my game. (it would also be great if there was a sweaty body version!)

Edit: Happy to say that it looks good in game! Just a shame she's so dry now ;)

I included a psd file to help with changing the body normals to match what ever skin you're using. Also Wet Function Redux SE seems to work with this mod from my little bit of testing.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:20 AM, foreveraloneguy said:

Got another request... would you consider expanding this to 11 stages? I'm asking because when I'm working with blending the textures, I get better results blending in the muscle overlay in 10% steps. 7-8% is even better, but 15-20 steps might be too many. And would you also consider having this alter the hand textures? I found a really extreme muscle normal that I quite like, but it doesn't look right unless the hands are also done because I end up with smooth, delicate hands and a super ripped body.

I actually made the mod using 10% steps for the muscle normals, but forgot that I needed a skin for 0 muscle lol. So the femalebody_1_msn.dds in this mod is actually 10%. And I didn't really bother with including the hand and foot normals because 1) my body normals didn't need them, 2) I would have to make ARMA and TXST records for each level in the esp, and 3) using the SetSkin() implementation was only suppose to be temporary until I could figure out how to replicate what Wet Function Redux SE does, but for body normals.

5 hours ago, sds1 said:

So, I tinkered a little with the scripts and from my limited testing, this should now load the sliders (and their magnitude values) from the supplied json file, though it now needs PapyrusUtil. It should also be blocked from updating while in Vampire Lord/Werewolf form.

@jjabrams420 If you want to distribute it to NPCs (though it would really be better for compatibility to rely on SkinOverrides rather than switching the whole texture set), you could simply make an ability which is distributed by SPID. Have that ability/its magic effect check in some way wether it was already applied (like checking for morphs with your key), then apply the UpdateStatus function with the actor it is applied to, then delete the magic effect from the actor. Since followers can actually level up, you could also check wether the NPC is a follower and if so update them (SPID will reapply the ability whenever (or at least often when) one loads the actor, i.e. gameload or cell change).

Skill Based Muscle.7z 17.81 MB · 0 downloads

Ayo, what a fucking god, one post and this man is contributing, thank you my guy. ?

I was holding off on figuring out how to include an external config file with PapyrusUtil, because I wanted to wait until the Anniversary Edition apocalypse ended and just convert the mod into an SKSE plugin, but might as well include it in the next update now that it's implemented.

When I was first making the mod I was trying to figure out how to do it with only overriding the normal maps of the base skin similar to how Wet Function Redux SE does with specular maps, but the little bit of documentation I could find on it said that overriding normals just didn't work correctly and there were like 8 parameters for the override function and SetSkin() was so simple. So I went with that for the time being and figured I'd get back to it soon enough.

Right now I've been working in my spare time to implement a muscle spell to work with SPID and how to ignore Werewolf / Vampire Lord forms. After that I was gonna figure out a solution with SkinOverrides or a SKSE plugin.

Also idk if you tested the Werewolf / Vampire Lord fix, but it didn't work for me. I tried basically the same implementation wrapping the function in an if statement, but I think using SetSkin() or QueueNiNodeUpdate() does something weird that doesn't let skins update other ways. The best fix I've found if including a Werewolf / Vampire Lord check in the SetSkin() section and setting the appropriate skin. So far I've only gotten it to work with Vampire Lord form, Werewolf form is being strange for some reason, I assume due to some mods I have.

Ok, so since that was the issue (I didn't test the werewolf/vampire lord part originally and thought the issue was when it updated the body in vamp/wolf form), I tried a quick (and maybe dirty?) fix, which seems to have worked when I tested it in game, which would also render the if statement unneeded. You can simply add  the Vampire Lord and Werewolf AA to the SkinNaked armors ( CDD87 and 020023F4). This should also be compatible with werewolf/vampire lord mods, as long as they only change entries in those AAs instead of directing the game to new ones, which all of them should be doing.

Thanks for that documentation by the way, I derived the usage of NiOverride from its scripts, WetFunction and Slavetats. Apparently I got a lot of stuff right at least...

Hi, I really like this mod and want to use it on my playthrough however I am encountering a major issue. I use convenient horses to enable horse combat together with mods such as true directional movement including its lock on and headtracking features. Whenever I get into mounted combat the horse which i'm riding spasms and flies around everywhere and I have no control over it. I disabled mods and pinpointed the cause to this one. I imagine it has something to do with the scripts running while mounted. Is there a possibility for a fix to this issue? Thanks

On 10/29/2021 at 5:18 PM, sds1 said:

Skill Based Muscle.7z 17.81 MB · 6 downloads

That's a helluva thing. Any chance of a readme for configuring the json file? I added a half-dozen or so additional morphs to the quest in 2.0, and I'd like to carry those over.

@jjabrams I started adding the additional ARMA and TXT records to 2.0. If you're going to drop a new version with the changes from sds1, I'm going to hold off finishing it and sending it to you until you get the new version out. And I understand what you mean about not wanting to do it... it takes me about a half-hour to do 10 hand TXT records and add them to the ARMA records on top of the 3-4 hours I spent tweaking the hand textures to get what I wanted and make them blend with the body normal.