7 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

It could be because it's changing the actor's skin, or also using a SkinOverride. I don't remember if the base game changes character visuals based on vampirism. I would have to look at the source code to be sure.

I could include an optional timed update as a fail-safe for similar mods, but that sounds messy. I'll just have to get around to it.

Here's the script that changes how the player look from DVA if you need to take a look at it. I think the relevant portions are the OnUpdate event (line 396) and the UpdatePlayerEyes (line 598) and UpdatePlayerComplexion (line 653) functions. Seems to be using QueueNiNodeUpdate, perhaps that's the issue.

dva1_controller.psc

6 hours ago, Mickster said:

Here's the script that changes how the player look from DVA if you need to take a look at it. I think the relevant portions are the OnUpdate event (line 396) and the UpdatePlayerEyes (line 598) and UpdatePlayerComplexion (line 653) functions. Seems to be using QueueNiNodeUpdate, perhaps that's the issue.

dva1_controller.psc 32.52 kB · 0 downloads

Probably is QueueNiNodeUpdate(), I remember having issues with it and NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(). I added a Debug.TraceUser() to OnNiNodeUpdate() event, lemme know if it shows up in the log file when visuals get messed up.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:25 AM, foreveraloneguy said:

I didn't want the spell applied to all female NPCs, so I made a spid file to distribute to current and potential followers, the companions, along with followers that are part of the NWS follower framework. I'm also sharing my profile for 3BA in case anyone finds it interesting. Lastly, here's a set of textures with hands for 3BA... soft to jacked range, 10 steps.

SkillBasedMuscle_DISTR.ini 238 B · 10 downloads SkillBasedMuscle.json 1.29 kB · 10 downloads textures.zip 155.73 MB · 21 downloads

I am trying to set this up as an over write mod in MO, can someone tell me what the folder structure is for the .json file? Thanks.

Guest AthenaESIV
4 minutes ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Works fine for me with SGO and FHU.

I meant that the status of pregnancy or inflation would remove ab muscles... So females are not 9 months pregnant and have shredded abs.

6 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

If this is ever made to work with cum inflation and pregnancy mods, it will become an instant must have. Great mod!

Ty. The best solution I could do right now would be to include a set of textures missing abs and use those instead if the Belly body morph reaches a certain threshold. A more visually appealing solution would be having 10 separate sets of textures with varying degrees of abs and select one based on the Belly body morph. The problem is the first solution requires double the textures, the second 10 times. A full set of textures right now would be about half a gig. Also they're just messy solutions and I don't wanna do that.

The most ideal solution for a muscle mod would be to dynamically apply overlays to the normal maps with a transparency option. This would mean you only need 2 sets of textures, female/male, and you would only need one texture for each body part, AND you could have certain skills only affect certain normal maps.

I know NiOverride has functions for overlays (like the ones used by RaceMenu), but I'm pretty sure those are just for diffuse textures. I could maybe cheat something by making muscle diffuse textures, getting the color by offsetting the Actor's color, and reserving the lowest priority overlay, buuuuut that might just end up looking shitty for a lot of effort.

Maybe NiOverride has something I'm missing, but it seems like my best bet for something like that is a SKSE plugin which I know nothing about.

23 hours ago, keitsoru said:

I did not, no, because I have no direction on how to actually do it. That said, testing suggests it has something to do with the dirt overlays from Bathing In Skyrim, or it's because I had Sandow previously and didn't remove the dead scripts. I've been messing around with best options regarding the AE update and had to revert back, but it did seem to go away after bathing and cleaning the save. I'll try again tomorrow and let you know if it fixes it again.

Update, cleaning the save again and bathing seemed to resolve the problem.

Since going from 3.0 > 4.1, the normal maps get applied, but then they revert to the default normal map after < 30 seconds. Morphs still seem to be applied though. As far as I know, nothing else in my load order should be messing with normal maps. I do run hormones (and have transformed into a bimbo), wet function redux, and immersive fashion, but none of those should be touching normals. They only mess with specular maps and makeup via slavetats.

I'll get a debug later.

21 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

Probably is QueueNiNodeUpdate(), I remember having issues with it and NiOverride.AddSkinOverrideString(). I added a Debug.TraceUser() to OnNiNodeUpdate() event, lemme know if it shows up in the log file when visuals get messed up.

This is what gets printed in the papyrus log when I go to the SBM MCM menu to force the normal map to update, they're NPC RefIDs I believe.

Nothing related to SBM is printed when DVA alters the player's body. Obviously since SBM isn't aware of this change its normal map changes end up getting overwritten again.

SBM papyrus output 1.txt

On 11/13/2021 at 7:53 AM, foreveraloneguy said:

Since going from 3.0 > 4.1, the normal maps get applied, but then they revert to the default normal map after < 30 seconds. Morphs still seem to be applied though. As far as I know, nothing else in my load order should be messing with normal maps. I do run hormones (and have transformed into a bimbo), wet function redux, and immersive fashion, but none of those should be touching normals. They only mess with specular maps and makeup via slavetats.

I'll get a debug later.

Reverting normal maps after 30 seconds doesn't happen for me, I have WetFunctionRedux as well. It's probably QueueNiNodeUpdate() clearing the SkinOverrides. 4.2 update should fix this.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, Mickster said:

This is what gets printed in the papyrus log when I go to the SBM MCM menu to force the normal map to update, they're NPC RefIDs I believe.

Nothing related to SBM is printed when DVA alters the player's body. Obviously since SBM isn't aware of this change its normal map changes end up getting overwritten again.

SBM papyrus output 1.txt 1.25 MB · 3 downloads

Lemme know if 4.2 fixes this.

So this is what you were working on :o

It's incredible how people can came across the same ideas at the same time xD

I've been working for almost a year on something that mostly do the same as this mod xD (but I settled to 6 textures instead of 10).

If need more help on things like how to apply morphs to men, don't hesitate to ask me :)

On 11/15/2021 at 5:42 PM, foreveraloneguy said:

No change... normals revert to the default in just a few seconds.

I guess maybe try a fresh save, if that doesn't work then one of those mods must be resetting SkinOverrides periodically, which I can't do much about unless it's attached to a script event.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:21 PM, Papitas said:

So this is what you were working on ?

It's incredible how people can came across the same ideas at the same time xD

I've been working for almost a year on something that mostly do the same as this mod xD (but I settled to 6 textures instead of 10).

If need more help on things like how to apply morphs to men, don't hesitate to ask me :)

Lol ya, synchronicity is a funny thing. Only reason I could get so far was because of your posts on the subject.

I could use help on male body morphs, like where do you find the names of the morphs?

5 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

I guess maybe try a fresh save, if that doesn't work then one of those mods must be resetting SkinOverrides periodically, which I can't do much about unless it's attached to a script event.

Lol ya, synchronicity is a funny thing. Only reason I could get so far was because of your posts on the subject.

I could use help on male body morphs, like where do you find the names of the morphs?

Pretty sure that if it's Hormones, it's a script event. And I do tend to think it's something in Hormones because I went back to 3.0 and saw the same problem, which didn't happen until I became a permanent bimbo/succubus. I am starting a new game to try something, so I'll let you know.

For male bodies that have bodyslide sets, morphs are applied the same way as for female bodies: just call the morph name which you can get from the bodyslide slider set xml. So that's himbo, talos blessed, SAM, etc., there's no difference. Problem is they all use different morph names. Otherwise, I'd assume it's something like applying nioverride scaling directly to the CME nodes.

9 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

Like @foreveraloneguy said, you apply morphs the same way you do for women.

If you need all slider names for any kind of body, they are defined in xml files in Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderCategories\.

... for example, HIMBO.

I opened HIMBO.xml and ran this regular expresion (you can use Notepad++ for that) to grab all slider names:

Search: name="(.*)" d

Replace: "$1"

And I got this:

Spoiler

"Texture Fix"
"Belly Button Match"
"ChestUV"
"Main Body"
"Weight 0 to 1"
"Chubby"
"Lean"
"Muscle"
"SOSlike"
"Pecs"
"PecsClavicle"
"PecsSize"
"PecsMass"
"PecsSaggy"
"PecsWidth"
"PecsFlatten"
"PecsPosV"
"PecsPosH"
"PecsSide"
"PecsPush"
"PecsLowerSide"
"PecsDecrease"
"PecsCrease"
"Nipple"
"NipsAreola"
"NipsTips"
"NipsLength"
"NipsRound"
"NipsAngle"
"NipsPuffy"
"NipsLower"
"Buttocks"
"ButtBooty"
"ButtRoundy"
"ButtSaggy"
"ButtCleft"
"ButtSide"
"ButtCenterPush"
"ButtCurve"
"ButtDimpleDeepen"
"ButtDimpleFatten"
"Stature"
"TorsoSterHeight"
"TorsoSterDepth"
"TorsoSterWidth"
"TorsoBackSize"
"TorsoBackSlope"
"TorsoBackShape"
"TorsoBackCenter"
"TorsoBackSerratusMid"
"TorsoBackObliques"
"TorsoMass"
"TorsoWidth"
"TorsoLower"
"TorsoWaistSize"
"TorsoWaistHeight"
"TorsoHip"
"TorsoFlatAbs"
"TorsoRibsDefinition"
"TorsoVLine"
"TorsoBelly"
"TorsoBellyChub"
"TorsoBellyLHandles"
"TorsoSpine"
"Arms and Shoulders"
"ArmsTraps"
"ArmsTrapsMeat"
"ArmsTrapsPush"
"ArmsTrapsValleys"
"ArmsClavicleCurve"
"ArmsShoulders"
"ArmsDelts"
"ArmsDeltsBack"
"ArmsDeltsUpper"
"ArmsDeltsLower"
"ArmsBiceps"
"ArmsBicepsBack"
"ArmsSide"
"ArmsBrachio"
"ArmsFore"
"Thighs and Legs"
"LegsSize"
"LegsThigh"
"LegsThinner"
"LegsChubby"
"LegsGlutes"
"LegsFemurUpper"
"LegsFemurLower"
"LegsFemurSide"
"LegsFemurBack"
"LegsKneePit"
"LegsCalfSize"
"LegsCalfWidth"
"LegsCalfUpper"
"LegsCalfLower"
"LegsCalfFlatten"
"LegsShinCrease"

Of course, by changing the replacing string you can get whatever output you want.

You can even generate Papyrus code using it.

5 hours ago, foreveraloneguy said:

Pretty sure that if it's Hormones, it's a script event. And I do tend to think it's something in Hormones because I went back to 3.0 and saw the same problem, which didn't happen until I became a permanent bimbo/succubus. I am starting a new game to try something, so I'll let you know.

For male bodies that have bodyslide sets, morphs are applied the same way as for female bodies: just call the morph name which you can get from the bodyslide slider set xml. So that's himbo, talos blessed, SAM, etc., there's no difference. Problem is they all use different morph names. Otherwise, I'd assume it's something like applying nioverride scaling directly to the CME nodes.

Ah, well if the SetSkin() implementation doesn't work it's probably one of the other mods being heavy handed with it's visual application. Might still be workable if the mod's visual application is attached to a script event, then it would just require registering for that event and attaching functions to that event, you can see an example of this in my own mod with how bodies update on MCM close.

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

Like @foreveraloneguy said, you apply morphs the same way you do for women.

If you need all slider names for any kind of body, they are defined in xml files in Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderCategories\.

... for example, HIMBO.

I opened HIMBO.xml and ran this regular expresion (you can use Notepad++ for that) to grab all slider names:

Search: name="(.*)" d

Replace: "$1"

And I got this:

Reveal hidden contents

"Texture Fix"
"Belly Button Match"
"ChestUV"
"Main Body"
"Weight 0 to 1"
"Chubby"
"Lean"
"Muscle"
"SOSlike"
"Pecs"
"PecsClavicle"
"PecsSize"
"PecsMass"
"PecsSaggy"
"PecsWidth"
"PecsFlatten"
"PecsPosV"
"PecsPosH"
"PecsSide"
"PecsPush"
"PecsLowerSide"
"PecsDecrease"
"PecsCrease"
"Nipple"
"NipsAreola"
"NipsTips"
"NipsLength"
"NipsRound"
"NipsAngle"
"NipsPuffy"
"NipsLower"
"Buttocks"
"ButtBooty"
"ButtRoundy"
"ButtSaggy"
"ButtCleft"
"ButtSide"
"ButtCenterPush"
"ButtCurve"
"ButtDimpleDeepen"
"ButtDimpleFatten"
"Stature"
"TorsoSterHeight"
"TorsoSterDepth"
"TorsoSterWidth"
"TorsoBackSize"
"TorsoBackSlope"
"TorsoBackShape"
"TorsoBackCenter"
"TorsoBackSerratusMid"
"TorsoBackObliques"
"TorsoMass"
"TorsoWidth"
"TorsoLower"
"TorsoWaistSize"
"TorsoWaistHeight"
"TorsoHip"
"TorsoFlatAbs"
"TorsoRibsDefinition"
"TorsoVLine"
"TorsoBelly"
"TorsoBellyChub"
"TorsoBellyLHandles"
"TorsoSpine"
"Arms and Shoulders"
"ArmsTraps"
"ArmsTrapsMeat"
"ArmsTrapsPush"
"ArmsTrapsValleys"
"ArmsClavicleCurve"
"ArmsShoulders"
"ArmsDelts"
"ArmsDeltsBack"
"ArmsDeltsUpper"
"ArmsDeltsLower"
"ArmsBiceps"
"ArmsBicepsBack"
"ArmsSide"
"ArmsBrachio"
"ArmsFore"
"Thighs and Legs"
"LegsSize"
"LegsThigh"
"LegsThinner"
"LegsChubby"
"LegsGlutes"
"LegsFemurUpper"
"LegsFemurLower"
"LegsFemurSide"
"LegsFemurBack"
"LegsKneePit"
"LegsCalfSize"
"LegsCalfWidth"
"LegsCalfUpper"
"LegsCalfLower"
"LegsCalfFlatten"
"LegsShinCrease"

Of course, by changing the replacing string you can get whatever output you want.

You can even generate Papyrus code using it.

Dang, I was hoping I could do something for the base SOS body, oh well. But if anyone wants to add morphs for the body they're using, just add them to the json file. Instructions are included in the readme.

2 hours ago, jjabrams420 said:

Ah, well if the SetSkin() implementation doesn't work it's probably one of the other mods being heavy handed with it's visual application. Might still be workable if the mod's visual application is attached to a script event, then it would just require registering for that event and attaching functions to that event, you can see an example of this in my own mod with how bodies update on MCM close.

Dang, I was hoping I could do something for the base SOS body, oh well. But if anyone wants to add morphs for the body they're using, just add them to the json file. Instructions are included in the readme.

I think someone did an SOS bodyslide. I'm pretty sure just about everyone uses either SOS, SAM, HIMBO, or Talos Blessed. HIMBO seems to be on top right now. At least that's the body I've seen the most armor releases for. And having tried the others, I do like HIMBO best. Also has racemenu morphs that live alongside 3BA and it works with Tempered Skins for SOS. So, I mean, it kinda is SOS but with bodyslide since it's the same UV and works with all the SOS add-ons and has a full set of vanilla armors shipping with it.

Edited by foreveraloneguy

Is there a specific way I should go about uninstalling this mod?

When I unchecked it in MO, all characters (PC + NPC) have a bizarre grey body thing going on now that I can't seem to get rid of! This happens even on new, clean saves.

EDIT: Was able to fix the issue with the help of the tool linked below. Not the converter, but the file from the comments. Just in case anyone else experiences this.

Edited by Jabiru