Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

Is it every single giant you encounter? Have you tried others?

I only ask because I ran into a somewhat similar issue in the past, where a specific group of draugr didn't work properly and just stood there like statues while the animation went along. I only found out later that it was because in the Skyrim code they weren't actually classified as draugr so the animations didn't work properly.

So I'd try going to a different giant camp and giving that a shot. It might just be something weird like that.

So hey, I just updated to v1.54 from v1.39, and it seemed to install fine. I got the message that it was updating when I loaded my save and things seemed to go swimmingly. Saw there were two entries in the MCM for SexLab, thought it was weird but I didn't think much of it.

Now, whenever I try to load a save made after the update, I get a message saying 'This save game is corrupt and cannot be loaded'. Anybody else have this issue?

EDIT: After further fiddling, I'm convinced the problem is stemming from the two SexLab entries in MCM. One looks totally normal, all the options are there, and the other is completely screwed up. Everything's either blank, grayed out, or unable to be changed.

Double MCM menus has absolutely nothing to do with any save corruption. If your having save corruption issues than follow the directions in this post: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v154-updated-0426/?p=759680 though before doing so I'd suggest first running either http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? on the save to remove unattached script instances, if that doesn't work then try to backup & delete the .skse file associated with the corrupted save, located in /Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves, and then trying to load the save, if it doesn't help than restore the .skse file and follow the instructions in the link.

In other news: I have a fix for the double MCM entries that happen when updating from older version, I'm just trying to come up with some other stuff to fix/add to warrant a 1.55 release.

I gave this a shot, and I've discovered something that may be important: on getting to the instruction to backup and delete the .skse file associated with the corrupt save, I found out that after updating and saving, there is no .skse file created along with the .ess file. For all my other saves I see a .skse to go along with the .ess, but for the corrupt ones that were created after updating, no .skse files were created. Which, I assume...is a problem.

Any thoughts on that?

I'm having a problem where the mouth of my character won't move at all. The sounds will play, but, even with lipsync checked, no mouth movement is made. My modlist is currently hdtPhycicsExtensions, Havoc Breast Physic, SexLab - Vanilla Voices, SexLab - Defeat, SexLAb_aroused, SexLab_loverscomfort, Sexlab framework, sexlab defeat, and unofficial skyrim patch in addition to sevenbase and xp434 maximum skeleton and Fores new idles. I've tried fresh installs, testing out fuz ro d-oh with the mfg console, but nothing semest to work

So hey, I just updated to v1.54 from v1.39, and it seemed to install fine. I got the message that it was updating when I loaded my save and things seemed to go swimmingly. Saw there were two entries in the MCM for SexLab, thought it was weird but I didn't think much of it.

Now, whenever I try to load a save made after the update, I get a message saying 'This save game is corrupt and cannot be loaded'. Anybody else have this issue?

EDIT: After further fiddling, I'm convinced the problem is stemming from the two SexLab entries in MCM. One looks totally normal, all the options are there, and the other is completely screwed up. Everything's either blank, grayed out, or unable to be changed.

Double MCM menus has absolutely nothing to do with any save corruption. If your having save corruption issues than follow the directions in this post: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16623-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v154-updated-0426/?p=759680 though before doing so I'd suggest first running either http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53045/? or http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? on the save to remove unattached script instances, if that doesn't work then try to backup & delete the .skse file associated with the corrupted save, located in /Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves, and then trying to load the save, if it doesn't help than restore the .skse file and follow the instructions in the link.

In other news: I have a fix for the double MCM entries that happen when updating from older version, I'm just trying to come up with some other stuff to fix/add to warrant a 1.55 release.

I gave this a shot, and I've discovered something that may be important: on getting to the instruction to backup and delete the .skse file associated with the corrupt save, I found out that after updating and saving, there is no .skse file created along with the .ess file. For all my other saves I see a .skse to go along with the .ess, but for the corrupt ones that were created after updating, no .skse files were created. Which, I assume...is a problem.

Any thoughts on that?

After updating and saving would imply removing the .skse file enabled you to load the corrupt save, assuming followed the instructions as I intended them.

In any case, I'd say complete the steps mentioned in the link, considering the whole point of it is to get an skse dump log that would probably tell something of why it may or may not being creating a new .skse file.

I'll do the rest of the steps when I get a chance, but I just wanted to clarify something. When I say 'after updating and saving', I'm not implying removing the .skse file enabled me to load a corrupt save. What I meant was, after I go through the update from 1.3 to 1.54 and subsequently create a new save, no .skse file gets created along with the .ess file. So when I close Skyrim and restart it to try to load my latest save, I get the corrupt save message and I have to exit.

I'll get a chance later on tonight to try the update process again, and when I do I'll grab the skse log file and throw it up for your inspection. I just wanted to clarify that one point.

Bugs of the new version i encountered so far:

- The "switch role" function sometimes let both actors play the same role.. o_o They are then floating over each other and doing the same animation.

- When TFC is activated while the " sex act" finishes, the right mouse button and left mouse button doesn't work anymore.. (fix: restart game)

- Hotkeys for positioning (move up/down, left/right etc) sometimes doesn't work. "left/right" does btw. the same like one of the other movements - can't remember if up/down or the other one.

- Realign Actors hight doesn't work.. my characters stays 0.87 while my spouse is 1.0.

That's it so far.. 

If there are any solutions for these bugs/issues - please let me know :)

<snip>

- When TFC is activated while the " sex act" finishes, the right mouse button and left mouse button doesn't work anymore.. (fix: restart game)

<snipetty-snip>

This isn't new- Sexlab has done this at least since version 1.39b.

First, Prevention: Disable Automatic Free Camera in MCM and just manually toggle it using the hotkey (default is NumPad 3). This almost completely eliminates frozen controls at the end.

Second, Remedy: When Sexlab does disable your controls at the end of an animation, open the console (tilde key ~ on U.S. keyboards) and enter

epc

...which is the short form of EnablePlayerControls. Close the console and - voilà! Full control restored, and much easier/faster than restarting the game.

please look into why this is causing issues.

It's because Skyrim. Unlike previous bethesda games Skyrim can't handle installing, uninstalling or even extensive upgrading of scripted mods in the middle of an existing playthtough. Or like it's even worse at it than previous bethesda games. Lots of stuffs are stuck in your savegame from mods you used to have but uninstalled and from previous versions of mods you updated. Modders can reset controlling quests and try to avoid rewriting scripts and removing old assets but even those methods aren't perfect. Sometimes removing all the depreciated rubbish and rewriting scripts from scratch is the only way to make a huge step forward.

If I understand you, the player does not modernization should not upload the new version v1.54 interfere Framework?

Is that so?

I mean that updating sexlab to 1.5 on an existing savegame is more trouble than it's worth. If someone wants to use the new version the way it was intended without savegame related bugs the best way to do that is start a new game.

I upgraded from 1.39b to 1.50 (then, progressively, each subsequent update through 1.54) in the middle of a 400-hour (so far) playthrough and didn't even bother to uninstall my SL-related mods like Working Girl and Matchmaker. I had no corrupted savefiles and no issues loading or saving the game. Amazingly, SL even "remembered" my MCM selections through each successive update. The only issue I had is that I was not able to update using the "Update 1.5x to 1.5y" reduced-size files- they caused CTD on load. However, disabling 1.5x then installing 1.5y (full version) using NMM worked great.

So all in all, upgrading SL mid-playthrough has been relatively smooth for me, but then again I only have 65-70 mods in my load; the more mods you have, the more trouble any changes can cause.

I think the key is to read and follow Ashal's installation instructions  :shy:  , particularly the parts about SKSE 1.70 and running GenerateFNISforUsers on every update, then run BOSS after each update to make sure your load order is correct because Steam inexplicably moves mods around when you update one even though the old and new esp/esm files are identically named  :s  .

please look into why this is causing issues.

It's because Skyrim. Unlike previous bethesda games Skyrim can't handle installing, uninstalling or even extensive upgrading of scripted mods in the middle of an existing playthtough. Or like it's even worse at it than previous bethesda games. Lots of stuffs are stuck in your savegame from mods you used to have but uninstalled and from previous versions of mods you updated. Modders can reset controlling quests and try to avoid rewriting scripts and removing old assets but even those methods aren't perfect. Sometimes removing all the depreciated rubbish and rewriting scripts from scratch is the only way to make a huge step forward.

I have had very good luck using Savetool. Following the author's simple two-click instructions for a "basic script cleaning," I sucked over 1250 orphan scripts and instances out of a bloated save file that didn't want to load (a few months ago, not related to Sexlab updates). I was then able to load that particular save and play on with no problems.

I updated exactly as instructed by the description and I also get two SexLab entries in MCM but it doesn't stop there. When I try to save the game, it crashes to desktop instantly.

Not sure about the crash to desktop, but the double mcm is apparently due to going directly from 1.3x to 1.54. Use the instructions to upgrade to 1.53, then upgrade to 1.54.

If you're intent on keeping devious devices and friends, don't update until Min does his magic.

I would have done that but there is only 1.54 to download. I don't see why the modder keeps removing old versions when they are still needed for testing purposes. Regarding the CTD, it usually happens to me when I do too many changes at once, so disabling all SL mods maybe isn't a good idea, especially if you want to keep your status from mods like Radiant Prostitution.

Ah, bummer about 1.53. if you have any of the previous 1.5x series it should work for the same reason 1.53 does. I'm away from my game machine or I'd upload 1.53 for you.

Since I see several peeps asking for 1.53 but nobody uploading it so far, here it is:

I'm not getting any mouth movement is this supposed to happen with version 1.54? Also when i try to clean save the I wont show in the MCM menu no matter how long I would wait and wont install itself in the new save since I tried to activate it with a NPC and nothing happened.

Any thoughts on that?

After updating and saving would imply removing the .skse file enabled you to load the corrupt save, assuming followed the instructions as I intended them.

In any case, I'd say complete the steps mentioned in the link, considering the whole point of it is to get an skse dump log that would probably tell something of why it may or may not being creating a new .skse file.

I followed all the steps you've laid out, and I have the logs I need, but when I try to attach them it says 'I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file'

I have a question about adding new animations yourself. Could have swear that i saw somthing in development blog about making the process much easier. Is it the same as in 1.39b? I cought myself realigning and fixing animations with editor added in new ver more then actually playing, and now idea of pressing "reset animation registry" just terrifies me. Also if i export sexlab settings, reset animation registry and then import them again, would i have the new animations or those settings decide wich animations sexlab see?

Thanks for help

Tried the method you described earlier(removing old scripts and deleting the .skse file) and I could create a new save but the SexLab menu in MCM is empty and I don't get a new menu. If I didn't delete the skse file the game CTDs when saving. I will wait for the next update but if that doesn't fix it, I'm thinking about starting a new game, unless you plan to rewrite the framework again. It's kinda frustrating to put several hours into a game and then having to abandon it. Of course it's our choice what version to use but if we don't update we don't get any new animations.

In the meantime, can you take a look at my crashdump files? I don't know how to open them.

Crashdumps.rar

is this better than sex addicts? i been using sex addicts and just want to know the difference before i try it, i have so many mods installed

Well, SA is incompatible with FNIS and SL. But, I can say that some things (animations) are better then SA although they have some different animations too. by the way, love your avatar. It's cute.

- The "switch role" function sometimes let both actors play the same role.. o_o They are then floating over each other and doing the same animation.

- Hotkeys for positioning (move up/down, left/right etc) sometimes doesn't work. "left/right" does btw. the same like one of the other movements - can't remember if up/down or the other one.

- Realign Actors hight doesn't work.. my characters stays 0.87 while my spouse is 1.0.

That's it so far.. 

If there are any solutions for these bugs/issues - please let me know :)

I hopped on to make a couple of notes, but it was all ready said here.  I did not see the TFC or Realign Actors (as I do not typically use either), but the hotkeys and switching issues both occur reliably.  

One observation on the hotkeys issue.  It seems to work sorta.  It does make the adjustments but does not update the display until the animation advances to the next stage.  At that point whatever adjustments I made in positioning happen and the actor jumps over to where they were adjusted to be by the total amount from the combined key depressions.

Edit:  Added observation.  I can adjust position with my character, but not with the other actor in the sceen

is this better than sex addicts? i been using sex addicts and just want to know the difference before i try it, i have so many mods installed

Used both, Standardized on this because there is just more stuff for it.  More animations, more plugins, more of whatever your into doing in skyrim.  In all other ways I thought them comparable.

Had problems updating from 1.39b to 1.54, too.

Updating according to OP's instructions (cleanup .39, save, remove other plugins, install .54, load; create scene, save) left me with two MCM entries and unable to save correctly.

Papyrus says:

[05/01/2014 - 02:56:10PM] error: Failed to write stack frame 1 in stack 45872727 to save
[05/01/2014 - 02:56:10PM] error: Failed to write stack 45872727 to save game
[05/01/2014 - 02:56:10PM] error: Unable to write stacks to save game
[05/01/2014 - 02:56:10PM] Errors occurred while saving the Papyrus save game data

resulting in failure to create the <save name>.skse file, subsequently displaying the message "this save file is corrupted" on load.

(See attached files for full logs and before-after saves: logs.7z )

I was able to circumvent this by making a "clean" save (loading and saving the game while no version was installed). This unfortunately reset all options and stats, but at least it seems to work now.

It allows a huge number of options via add-in mods that SexAddicts could and and will not ever provide. It also has a much larger library of sex animations including a larger set of creature animations than SexAddicts has for people sex.

Your decision but as the author of SexAddicts I say the Sexlabs Framework is better.

Well, SA is incompatible with FNIS and SL. But, I can say that some things (animations) are better then SA although they have some different animations too. by the way, love your avatar. It's cute.

You are mistaken, SexAddicts REQUIRES FNIS and can be installed alongside SL. The only key is not to try to allow both systems to try to initiate sex with the player or any NPC at the same time, even then it sort of works as the player or NPC is warped back and forth between the two sex acts.

SL includes all the animations that SexAddicts has and quite a lot more.