**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

5 hours ago, erynyes said:

theres absolutly skimpy attire that got multiple boots and sneakers with socks, they look a lot like the music outfit boots from NR also. I'm using the FG convertion by kharneth, theres zap options for the leggings and socks so you can build them without if you like

Added to my list ? thanks

Not sure if it matters but what version did you choose? the one with PHYSICS or without?

When was it that the sliders converted and/or FG 1.75 was released, does anybody remember?

Asking because I added CROSS Wasteland Ronin into my load order and really want to keep it, but the vanilla mod has a lot of clipping with my FG preset.

There is this FG conversion here but it's from August of 2019, and I think (maybe wrong) that it uses outdated sliders.

If that conversion is outdated, is there anybody willing and able to make a new one?  That would be much appreciated if you did.

12 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

When was it that the sliders converted and/or FG 1.75 was released, does anybody remember?

Asking because I added CROSS Wasteland Ronin into my load order and really want to keep it, but the vanilla mod has a lot of clipping with my FG preset.

There is this FG conversion here but it's from August of 2019, and I think (maybe wrong) that it uses outdated sliders.

If that conversion is outdated, is there anybody willing and able to make a new one?  That would be much appreciated if you did.

Late 2019 sounds right for version 1.75. I think you may as well download it and install it. Then just check inside it to see if it has the OCBP/OCBPC bones. If it does you should be good to go :) 

If it doesn't, you can just upgrade it yourself with the latest reference body's bones :)

1 hour ago, Karna5 said:

Late 2019 sounds right for version 1.75. I think you may as well download it and install it. Then just check inside it to see if it has the OCBP/OCBPC bones. If it does you should be good to go :) 

If it doesn't, you can just upgrade it yourself with the latest reference body's bones :)

Thank you Karna5!

Being a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, am I looking for those bones in Outfit Studio or NIFSkope?  I'll have to go back and take a look, I think there was a tutorial linked on page 1 of this thread.

51 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Thank you Karna5!

Being a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, am I looking for those bones in Outfit Studio or NIFSkope?  I'll have to go back and take a look, I think there was a tutorial linked on page 1 of this thread.

Sorry for delay checking back here, Travelmedic :) I just downloaded the conversion you linked and looked at the bones inside Outfit Studio. It's older than Fusion Girl 1.75, so it doesn't have all the bones you need. Sorry for the bad news. That conversion isn't going to help you.

I don't have the cross outfit in question (my internet's currently too slow to successfully download it, but I was at least able to download the conversion to peek inside that).

Because I don't have the cross outfit in question I can't actually tell you what's required to convert it :( I can only tell you the existing conversion is too old. Sorry :(

2 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Sorry for delay checking back here, Travelmedic :) I just downloaded the conversion you linked and looked at the bones inside Outfit Studio. It's older than Fusion Girl 1.75, so it doesn't have all the bones you need. Sorry for the bad news. That conversion isn't going to help you.

I don't have the cross outfit in question (my internet's currently too slow to successfully download it, but I was at least able to download the conversion to peek inside that).

Because I don't have the cross outfit in question I can't actually tell you what's required to convert it :( I can only tell you the existing conversion is too old. Sorry :(

I was afraid of that.  While you were looking I had also downloaded it just to try to figure out this bone thing, and also built it as is in BS.  Even if it's missing bones from newer versions of FG, it still looks a whole let better and with less clipping in game than the vanilla.

I do really appreciate your help.

7 hours ago, travelmedic said:

I was afraid of that.  While you were looking I had also downloaded it just to try to figure out this bone thing, and also built it as is in BS.  Even if it's missing bones from newer versions of FG, it still looks a whole let better and with less clipping in game than the vanilla.

I do really appreciate your help.

A while back, the modding channel of the ZeX Discord had a pinned link to a Youtube video where TBOS shows you how to upgrade a conversion made for earlier FG versions to 1.75 using Outfit Studio. It's only a handful of steps and just takes a few minutes, unless you need to recreate and body zaps in which case that adds a few more minutes of work to each piece that needs it.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

A while back, the modding channel of the ZeX Discord had a pinned link to a Youtube video where TBOS shows you how to upgrade a conversion made for earlier FG versions to 1.75 using Outfit Studio. It's only a handful of steps and just takes a few minutes, unless you need to recreate and body zaps in which case that adds a few more minutes of work to each piece that needs it.

I didn't see that video, but vaultbait is correct that it should be easy to upgrade from an almost-1.75 FG to a 1.75+ FG if you're careful in Outfit Studio and if the outfit in question doesn't use High Heels System.

Here are the steps:

1. In BodySlide you'll see an icon at the top to open the project in Outfit Studio. Click that.

2. Do not (not not not not) inflate/deflate or move any objects. If you don't change anything, you won't have to worry about slider conforming and the like. So keep it simple and don't move anything or change any shapes :)

3. Set reference to Fusion Girl Nude. In the boxes to preserve existing sliders and zaps, make sure they're clicked ON. This will replace the old reference body with the new reference body. (This is why converting something with High Heel System requires many extra steps. The high heel system reference body would not have the standard heel position and needs many extra steps.)

4. Select the clothing pieces (ctrl-click each piece if there are several). Make sure not to select the reference body.

5. Go to the Bones tab and ctrl-click all the active CBP bones, then remove them from the selected shapes. Basically, if it's active and breasts, belly, thighs or butt, remove them from the selected shape. You'll be restoring the correct ones in a next step.

6. At this point I'd save, exit the project and re-open it. That way any legacy bones which don't belong in new Fusion Girl will be removed from the project.

7. Reselect all the outfit pieces (not the reference body) and return to the Bones tab.

8. Now with ctrl-click select all the breasts, belly, thighs and butt bones.

9. In the main tab Copy Selected Weights. (Remember not to click Copy Bone Weights as that will blow away any cloth physics which might exist).

Save the project, and you're done. This will convert a project to exactly the quality the mod author made meaning if the clipping and sliders and stuff are good they'll stay good. If the conversion had flaws those flaws will be preserved and need to be fixed, but that's not part of the upgrade to 1.75+ FG, it's just part of any conversion :)

Post Script: One thing I forgot to mention because I'd thought it was obvious but realize it might not be obvious to new modders is, if the original project did not have a reference body in it, during the last time you save the changes, in the Save As menu, unclick the button asking if you want to include the reference body.

Edited by Karna5
I tried to pick steps which are easy to follow safely rather than the fewest possible steps.
5 hours ago, Karna5 said:

5. Go to the Bones tab and ctrl-click all the active CBP bones, then remove them from the selected shapes. Basically, if it's active and breasts, belly, thighs or butt, remove them from the selected shape. You'll be restoring the correct ones in a next step.

6. At this point I'd save, exit the project and re-open it. That way any legacy bones which don't belong in new Fusion Girl will be removed from the project.

TBOS's suggestion was to just choose "delete from project" when removing the old (breast skin etc) bones, which should save you needing to reopen stuff. Same end result though. Basically after removing the old reference body and adding the new one, you can see in the bones tab which only belong to the other meshes and are absent from the reference body. For the most part those are the ones to delete (unless there's gloves or headgear or cloth physics or similar non-body bones).

On 3/6/2022 at 7:46 AM, Metzgery said:

Hi~
Can I request Magnolia's Burlesque Outfit to be converted to Fusion Girl? I've tried myself many times before, but when it comes to do a conversion of an outfit that has High Heels, I'm unable to do it...
Here's the link! https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43825

Here's my best try so far at it.  The shoes were beyond hope for me so I deleted them and replaced them with heels from... something-something Vtaw...  Wardrobe 5?  Bunny?  Scientist?  I forget.

Anyways, hope this works.

Like at all.

This is my first time trying to pack a personal file for others to use.

edit: Has txt file for HHS, feet clip into the ground otherwise.

2nd edit: It is Vtaw "Bunny" I yoinked the shoes from, so I guess that's a requirement for this conversion?  I'll take another stab at it with the original mod shoes when I get back from a funeral this weekend.

Magnolia Burlesque FG.7z

Edited by Zaedar
forgot a thing
9 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I didn't see that video, but vaultbait is correct that it should be easy to upgrade from an almost-1.75 FG to a 1.75+ FG if you're careful in Outfit Studio and if the outfit in question doesn't use High Heels System.

Here are the steps:

1. In BodySlide you'll see an icon at the top to open the project in Outfit Studio. Click that.

2. Do not (not not not not) inflate/deflate or move any objects. If you don't change anything, you won't have to worry about slider conforming and the like. So keep it simple and don't move anything or change any shapes :)

3. Set reference to Fusion Girl Nude. In the boxes to preserve existing sliders and zaps, make sure they're clicked ON. This will replace the old reference body with the new reference body. (This is why converting something with High Heel System requires many extra steps. The high heel system reference body would not have the standard heel position and needs many extra steps.)

4. Select the clothing pieces (ctrl-click each piece if there are several). Make sure not to select the reference body.

7. Reselect all the outfit pieces (not the reference body) and return to the Bones tab.

8. Now with ctrl-click select all the breasts, belly, thighs and butt bones.

9. In the main tab Copy Selected Weights. (Remember not to click Copy Bone Weights as that will blow away any cloth physics which might exist).

Save the project, and you're done. This will convert a project to exactly the quality the mod author made meaning if the clipping and sliders and stuff are good they'll stay good. If the conversion had flaws those flaws will be preserved and need to be fixed, but that's not part of the upgrade to 1.75+ FG, it's just part of any conversion :)

Post Script: One thing I forgot to mention because I'd thought it was obvious but realize it might not be obvious to new modders is, if the original project did not have a reference body in it, during the last time you save the changes, in the Save As menu, unclick the button asking if you want to include the reference body.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

TBOS's suggestion was to just choose "delete from project" when removing the old (breast skin etc) bones, which should save you needing to reopen stuff. Same end result though. Basically after removing the old reference body and adding the new one, you can see in the bones tab which only belong to the other meshes and are absent from the reference body. For the most part those are the ones to delete (unless there's gloves or headgear or cloth physics or similar non-body bones).

Thank you to both of you for this.  I'm comfortable in xEdit, know a few basics of CK, and have used NIFSkope enough to change texture and BGSM paths, but was a complete noob Outfit Studio.  These instructions were pretty easy  to follow and I think I got it done (hopefully).

A couple of questions though - in step 8, when I select all breast, belly, thigh and butt bones, are you talking about only CBP bones?  There were several selections labeled "breast skin," "belly skin" or things similar to that.  Did I want to also select those?  Or did I want to select anything breast/butt/belly/thigh that wasn't CBP?  For example, a piece of chest armor had Breast CBP 01 and Breast CBP 02 active (I'm assuming green means active) and I deleted them from the project.  When I went back I selected Breast CBP 03 and Breast CBP 04 and copied them.  (I may have my wording here a little off, hopefully you get my underlying point)  Or did I want to select the skin bones?

Second, I assume there's no way to batch build all pieces for the entire mod at once, correct?

Anyway, thanks again.  It would be great if @splashzone could pin or sticky your posts at the start of this thread.  While it's nice to have other people do the work for you, learning to do it yourself is more rewarding in the long term.

PS - I looked for the sticky post on the ZEX Discord.  All I could find was a Twitch stream from a year or two ago and that's probably the one you're talking about.  Sadly, it doesn't seem to exist on Twitch anymore.

24 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

in step 8, when I select all breast, belly, thigh and butt bones, are you talking about only CBP bones?  There were several selections labeled "breast skin," "belly skin" or things similar to that.  Did I want to also select those?  Or did I want to select anything breast/butt/belly/thigh that wasn't CBP?  For example, a piece of chest armor had Breast CBP 01 and Breast CBP 02 active (I'm assuming green means active) and I deleted them from the project.  When I went back I selected Breast CBP 03 and Breast CBP 04 and copied them.  (I may have my wording here a little off, hopefully you get my underlying point)  Or did I want to select the skin bones?

The bones I would copy if I was upgrading from 1.6+ to 1.75+ would be:

• Belly_01
  • Belly_02
  • Breast_CBP_L_02
  • Breast_CBP_L_03
  • Breast_CBP_L_04
  • Breast_CBP_R_02
  • Breast_CBP_R_03
  • Breast_CBP_R_04
  • Butt_CBP_L_01
  • Butt_CBP_R_01
  • Thigh_CBP_L_B_02
  • Thigh_CBP_L_F_02
  • Thigh_CBP_R_B_02
  • Thigh_CBP_R_F_02

FYI, I never ever copy vagina bones onto clothing. When converting from CBBE to FG I have to copy the Anus bones onto the clothing because there's a vertex which wouldn't get a bone weight if I didn't do that, but I kinda hate doing that and sometimes delete the Anus bones from the clothing and manually paint the nearest butt bone onto the unweighted vertex. That's just an FYI and has nothing to do with upgrading from FG 1.6+ to FG 1.75+ :)

25 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Second, I assume there's no way to batch build all pieces for the entire mod at once, correct?

Once you've converted all the outfits to FG 1.75+ you'll want to shut down OS and BodySlide and then re-open BS. At that stage you can certainly batch build the projects if you wish, especially if those projects have a Group record letting you easily select them at once.

31 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

in step 8, when I select all breast, belly, thigh and butt bones, are you talking about only CBP bones?  There were several selections labeled "breast skin," "belly skin" or things similar to that.  Did I want to also select those?  Or did I want to select anything breast/butt/belly/thigh that wasn't CBP?  For example, a piece of chest armor had Breast CBP 01 and Breast CBP 02 active (I'm assuming green means active) and I deleted them from the project.  When I went back I selected Breast CBP 03 and Breast CBP 04 and copied them.  (I may have my wording here a little off, hopefully you get my underlying point)  Or did I want to select the skin bones?

Anyway, thanks again.  It would be great if @splashzone could pin or sticky your posts at the start of this thread.  While it's nice to have other people do the work for you, learning to do it yourself is more rewarding in the long term.

PS - I looked for the sticky post on the ZEX Discord.  All I could find was a Twitch stream from a year or two ago and that's probably the one you're talking about.  Sadly, it doesn't seem to exist on Twitch anymore.

The "CBP" bones are the ones added in 1.75, so those are the ones you'll copy the weights for, since the outfit meshes don't have them yet. The L_BreastSkin and R_BreastSkin bones I mentioned were deleted in 1.75, so need to be deleted from the outfit meshes. If it helps, I wrote up some similar instructions here a while back:

6 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Do we have a conversion for this?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/59730

???

next time, search, either going page by page (you may find or learn something doing so) or use the search option... easily found... 

here is the link to the post with your file request.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157713-the-official-fusion-girl-175-armor-and-clothing-conversion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3765840

Edited by 8tailkitsune
5 hours ago, 8tailkitsune said:

next time, search, either going page by page (you may find or learn something doing so) or use the search option... easily found... 

here is the link to the post with your file request.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/157713-the-official-fusion-girl-175-armor-and-clothing-conversion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=3765840

That's odd, it threw me an error message.........

43 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

look very nice i would like to have them too, but not slutty enough (nil) to attract interest.

Good luck

Aye, it was requested a few pages back... especially the headdresses are beautiful. Maybe someone will... ?