**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

1 hour ago, Stormer said:

Somebody please convert this to Fusion girl

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/64726?tab=description

Hah! I was just on my way here to suggest the same. I'd try to tackle it myself if I weren't tits-deep in another project already, but I'd rather not introduce even more delays for that.

Edit: Oh, and if someone does pick up the task, pretty please test with larger body sizes (at least with the BodyFat slider up to ~2). ☠️

Edited by vaultbait
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Hah! I was just on my way here to suggest the same. I'd try to tackle it myself if I weren't tits-deep in another project already, but I'd rather not introduce even more delays for that.

Edit: Oh, and if someone does pick up the task, pretty please test with larger body sizes (at least with the BodyFat slider up to ~2). ☠️

~2  you mean 200% ? never went that far, usually if it doesn't clip at 100% i consider myself lucky otherwise i use zap sliders instead.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

200% in body fat??? Better to not know...

4 hours ago, Stormer said:

Somebody please convert this to Fusion girl

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/64726?tab=description

Actually I'm already several hours into it, but it's slow going because I have to carefully adjust polygon counts and slightly reshape stuff as I go to compensate for curves FG has which CBBE doesn't. I'm about half way done and then still have to test it afterward, but I'll send the BodySlide files to Obicnii when I'm done.

Also although I'm doing my best, keep in mind I'm legally blind (walk with blind cane in real life), and a lot of these outfits are mesh or net which make it even harder for me to check for clipping. So I'm working on it, but I cannot guarantee perfection.

I estimate I need several more hours so won't be able to send anything to Obicnii until possibly late tonight :)

2 hours ago, lee3310 said:

~2  you mean 200% ? never went that far, usually if it doesn't clip at 100% i consider myself lucky otherwise i use zap sliders instead.

1 hour ago, Stormer said:

200% in body fat??? Better to not know...

You're right, it's a bit much to ask. I tend to test my conversions that high because that's where I've set the stripping to in Rad Morphing Redux, though I rarely get that far in normal gameplay. A bit of clipping at that range is tolerable.

I'm still working on the Obi Goth conversion. I'm skeptical that any existing Fusion Girl conversion was actually tested and that it uses the nude reference body as a base with uniboob sliders integrated into the shirts while keeping nipple sliders. So far in testing I've found two NIFs which needed the TRI files fixed, and I'm trouble shooting another outfit which seems to have issues (meaning I'm proofreading the plugin). I'm also skeptical that the conversions included added vertices for the groin, butt and breasts to support more robust presets and the FG genitals.

Like I said, I'm testing each outfit carefully one at a time and fixing issues as I find them. I'm around ten hours into the project so far and still need a few more before I can submit the final conversion to Obicnii.

This is not just a basic conversion. This is a blend of all conversion procedures Fusion Girl requires. I can give more details on the steps after I'm done.

p.s. Yes, I just confirmed the plugin is calling the wrong ArmorAddon record in at least one outfit.

p.p.s. So far five TRI files need fixing.

Edited by Karna5

I submitted the seventeen conversion BodySlide files to Obicnii, so if Obicnii accepts them they'll be included soon enough. To elaborate on the conversion process, it's essentially this for each outfit:

1. Open the CBBE project and SaveAs changing the project name and the OSP and Shapedata information but leaving the Output files untouched

2. If pants are included, set the reference to CBBE to FG conversion wiping out the CBBE sliders but keeping ZAP sliders. Conform All, set to 100% conversion shape, set base shape, save.

3. Set reference to Fusion Girl Nude (very important not to use FG Clothing as that's missing genital and nipple sliders which will automatically make the outfit not work with normal FG presets)

4. If it's pants, copy all the bone weights and delete the vagina bones from the clothing. If it's shirt or top, delete lbreast and rbreast bones from the whole project, then selectively copy the shoulder and OCBPC bones. My testing confirmed, as is often the case with CBBE to FG conversions, that the shoulder bones don't always line up, so you get clipping in the shoulders unless the bones match.

Edit: these outfits don't have shoes or heels, so that's why copying all the bone weights is safe. If they had high heels obviously you'd need to simply copy the OCBPC bones selectively and leave the other bones untouched. Same for any cloth/skirt physics.

5. Increase the vertices for breasts, groin and butt to better handle curvier presets (though if it's so curvy your breasts hit your knees learn to use Outfit Studio and make further adjustments yourself). The tool for doing this is to mask everything except what you want to double, then Refine Mesh.

6. Conform all to everything to make the base sliders Fusion Girl Nude

7. If it's a top, now set the reference to FG Uniboob keeping both existing sliders and zap sliders, select the top, Conform Selected (not conform all), then set the reference back to FG Nude again keeping all sliders.

8. Make a zap slider for the FG Reference Body and set it to hidden and enabled. SaveAs keeping reference body (this makes later tweaks easier as it keeps the reference body available for further tweaks)

9. Build the outfits in BodySlide. Test the outfits in game. Make adjustments as needed. Rinse and repeat until each outfit is as perfect as possible. 

Ah, I just got message from Obicnii, and the FG BodySlide files will be added to the main mod page.

I spent around 12 hours including testing on this set, so I doubt I'll do another conversion for a good while :)

Edited by Karna5
6 hours ago, Metzgery said:

I also made a conversion for https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/63163?tab=posts if someone is interested. ThornJacket R6.rar

Conversion doesn't show up in Bodyslide at all, only get the zerosliders with my selected FG body, so nothing conforms the way it should.

Tried converting myself, at least one of the four options, and something got borked.

@Karna5 I noticed in the posts on the original mod that you had already done an FG conversion - would you mind sharing it?

If you do, please let me know if it is a standalone, or requires the original mod.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Karna5 said:

Obicnii already added the FG conversion as an optional download in the main mod page :)

Got the Goth outfit, I was wondering about the Thorn Jacket though.

Metzgery's conversion doesn't seem to work for me.

Edited by IBAGadget
1 hour ago, IBAGadget said:

@Karna5 I noticed in the posts on the original mod that you had already done an FG conversion - would you mind sharing it?

If you do, please let me know if it is a standalone, or requires the original mod.

Hi, IBAGadget. I just realized you're not talking about the Goth outfit but the Thorn jacket. I didn't convert that one. I made a mashup with it and then uninstalled it.

The reason I didn't convert it is it has a strap which dangles in front of and below the breasts, and I very much don't like how BodySlide conforms that kind of top. So I made an outfit in which I conformed it in OutfitStudio instead of BodySlide so it would dangle straight down properly.

You really only have two choices on an outfit like that:

a) You can convert it and be forced to use moderate or small (but not too small) breast presets, or

b) You can make a mashup.

8 hours ago, Karna5 said:

I submitted the seventeen conversion BodySlide files to Obicnii, so if Obicnii accepts them they'll be included soon enough. To elaborate on the conversion process, it's essentially this for each outfit:

1. Open the CBBE project and SaveAs changing the project name and the OSP and Shapedata information but leaving the Output files untouched

2. If pants are included, set the reference to CBBE to FG conversion wiping out the CBBE sliders but keeping ZAP sliders. Conform All, set to 100% conversion shape, set base shape, save.

3. Set reference to Fusion Girl Nude (very important not to use FG Clothing as that's missing genital and nipple sliders which will automatically make the outfit not work with normal FG presets)

4. If it's pants, copy all the bone weights and delete the vagina bones from the clothing. If it's shirt or top, delete lbreast and rbreast bones from the whole project, then selectively copy the shoulder and OCBPC bones. My testing confirmed, as is often the case with CBBE to FG conversions, that the shoulder bones don't always line up, so you get clipping in the shoulders unless the bones match.

Edit: these outfits don't have shoes or heels, so that's why copying all the bone weights is safe. If they had high heels obviously you'd need to simply copy the OCBPC bones selectively and leave the other bones untouched. Same for any cloth/skirt physics.

5. Increase the vertices for breasts, groin and butt to better handle curvier presets (though if it's so curvy your breasts hit your knees learn to use Outfit Studio and make further adjustments yourself). The tool for doing this is to mask everything except what you want to double, then Refine Mesh.

6. Conform all to everything to make the base sliders Fusion Girl Nude

7. If it's a top, now set the reference to FG Uniboob keeping both existing sliders and zap sliders, select the top, Conform Selected (not conform all), then set the reference back to FG Nude again keeping all sliders.

8. Make a zap slider for the FG Reference Body and set it to hidden and enabled. SaveAs keeping reference body (this makes later tweaks easier as it keeps the reference body available for further tweaks)

9. Build the outfits in BodySlide. Test the outfits in game. Make adjustments as needed. Rinse and repeat until each outfit is as perfect as possible. 

Ah, I just got message from Obicnii, and the FG BodySlide files will be added to the main mod page.

I spent around 12 hours including testing on this set, so I doubt I'll do another conversion for a good while :)

Nice work! Thanks ^^

6 hours ago, Karna5 said:

a) You can convert it and be forced to use moderate or small (but not too small) breast presets, or

b) You can make a mashup.

Could the straps be eliminated? Is that something that could be done in Outfit Studio?

*hamster wheel is turning*

47 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

Could the straps be eliminated? Is that something that could be done in Outfit Studio?

*hamster wheel is turning*

You can easily create zap sliders for the straps.

On a related note, from time to time I play around with bone weighting and sliders and the like on outfits which dangle below the breasts (like some crop tops) because those outfits really are gorgeous. I just don't like when they don't hang normally, and I haven't yet figured out a way to let them adjust with the breasts while continuing to hang naturally.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. It just means I haven't figure out how to do it yet :)

P.S. with regard to zap sliders, don't forget you don't need to zap all of the straps. You can zap part of them by use of masks. This said, most people aren't as picky as me, and most people probably don't mind if they don't hang naturally.

Edited by Karna5
1 hour ago, Karna5 said:

You can easily create zap sliders for the straps.

On a related note, from time to time I play around with bone weighting and sliders and the like on outfits which dangle below the breasts (like some crop tops) because those outfits really are gorgeous. I just don't like when they don't hang normally, and I haven't yet figured out a way to let them adjust with the breasts while continuing to hang naturally.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. It just means I haven't figure out how to do it yet :)

P.S. with regard to zap sliders, don't forget you don't need to zap all of the straps. You can zap part of them by use of masks. This said, most people aren't as picky as me, and most people probably don't mind if they don't hang naturally.

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to figure out how to actually do it.

I'm really not that good with Outfit Studio. 

@Karna5 Thanks to the instructions from Gameplayer in this topic:

creating the necessary zap sliders was a piece of cake. Of all the tutorials, this was by far the simplest and most direct instructions I found. Zapped the hanging straps from the front and back without any problems. Nipple coverage is not a problem, as the cut jacket works with Don3b14n's bra's.

Now, if I can just get the belts from VTAW 8 to actually conform properly and not clip through my ass cheeks......