**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

That was asked about before & I don't believe it was.

Unlikely anyone wanted to deal with trying to prevent seams if they are in the problem area of FG. The meshes look like they could probably be done without much headache if they don't have cloth physics. But clothing packs tend to not get converted unless extremely popular and some one feels like being a masochist anyway.

That looks like it has multiple body textures for different glows? Yeah... skip for sanity. That is going to be over the head of most clothing converters anyway and very time consuming for diminished efforts if you run into seam issues. Unless someone knows how to blend the seams more reasonably than the way I seem most people do for FG skin textures. If so please share your wisdom grand Jedi masters. And no don't say fix the mesh/UV >_>

On 11/11/2022 at 4:49 AM, slight_of_mind said:

That was asked about before & I don't believe it was.

Unlikely anyone wanted to deal with trying to prevent seams if they are in the problem area of FG. The meshes look like they could probably be done without much headache if they don't have cloth physics. But clothing packs tend to not get converted unless extremely popular and some one feels like being a masochist anyway.

That looks like it has multiple body textures for different glows? Yeah... skip for sanity. That is going to be over the head of most clothing converters anyway and very time consuming for diminished efforts if you run into seam issues. Unless someone knows how to blend the seams more reasonably than the way I seem most people do for FG skin textures. If so please share your wisdom grand Jedi masters. And no don't say fix the mesh/UV >_>

The seams are not a problem after all but the CBBE pre-morphed body for the skin texture is.
I tried a conversion real quick and it's doable if you disable sliders and use the outfit as a body preset:
(physics are working great, even overlays)

2022-11-11 (3).png

The crotch region needs some real work (mask/zap...) to prevent FG genitalia from being covered, but the best is to create a new mesh for the body and converting the textures itself to Fusion girl.

Edited by lee3310
On 9/15/2022 at 7:13 AM, vaultbait said:

Create a group file in the SliderGroups directory (you can use BodySlide's group editor to build it if you don't want to copy and change the XML tags in one with a text editor), and put the items you want to build into the Fusion Girl group. That will tell BodySlide that it should make your FG presets available to choose with it.

If you're still unclear on what I'm trying to say, open up a SliderGroup file for one of the conversions which is working for you and you'll generally see that it contains two groups, one being the specific group for that particular conversion set and the other being the Fusion Girl group so that preset selection will work. Typically, the same entries will be duplicated between both groups in the file. Here's an example of a personal one I use to be able to easily batch build a subset of some conversions and custom odds and ends:

Reveal hidden contents

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SliderGroups>
    <Group name="FG Vaultbait Outfits">
        <Member name="GZF3B Hazmat Suit"/>
        <Member name="GZF3B Hazmat Suit Damaged"/>
        <Member name="Lazman46_Piper"/>
        <Member name="CCO FG - Corset"/>
        <Member name="Vaultbait Slave Collar"/>
    </Group>
    <Group name="Fusion Girl">
        <Member name="GZF3B Hazmat Suit"/>
        <Member name="GZF3B Hazmat Suit Damaged"/>
        <Member name="Lazman46_Piper"/>
        <Member name="CCO FG - Corset"/>
        <Member name="Vaultbait Slave Collar"/>
    </Group>
</SliderGroups>

you gotta explain this one better, are you saying that I should select the Fusion Girl option in group manager, and select all the Servitron parts to add into it?

9 hours ago, Immortanengineer said:

you gotta explain this one better, are you saying that I should select the Fusion Girl option in group manager, and select all the Servitron parts to add into it?

You can create a new slidergroups file with the group manager (or with a text editor if you prefer) rather than editing an existing file, so that mods won't end up overwriting your changes. Make a "Fusion Girl" group in there and add the servitron parts to that group, then save and close the group editor and refresh groups in BodySlide (or exit and start BodySlide again). Now when you select a servitron part in BodySlide, the Fusion Girl body presets should be available for it.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You can create a new slidergroups file with the group manager (or with a text editor if you prefer) rather than editing an existing file, so that mods won't end up overwriting your changes. Make a "Fusion Girl" group in there and add the servitron parts to that group, then save and close the group editor and refresh groups in BodySlide (or exit and start BodySlide again). Now when you select a servitron part in BodySlide, the Fusion Girl body presets should be available for it.

so slight issue with that last bit.

the option is available, yes, but nothing is happening.

check a torso part with the FG option selected, completely flat.

How do I fix it?

2 hours ago, Immortanengineer said:

so slight issue with that last bit.

the option is available, yes, but nothing is happening.

check a torso part with the FG option selected, completely flat.

How do I fix it?

Are you sure you added the FG conversion to the slidergroup, not an included CBBE conversion which may have similar names?

32 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Are you sure you added the FG conversion to the slidergroup, not an included CBBE conversion which may have similar names?

ooooh.

Fuck.

That explains it.

Shit, I completely misunderstood EVERYTHING.

aight, so since I don't want to have to convert EVERY BODYSLIDE FILE for Servitron, I'm going to be lazy and ask the dude that I'm pretty sure already did a conversion:

On 9/18/2022 at 2:48 AM, mummble said:

Ahh ok I see I did this: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SliderGroups>
    <Group name="French Maid FG">
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Blouse FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Boots FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Pantsu FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4ShortSkirt FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Skirt FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Boots HH FG"/>
        <Member name="Servitron - Bunny - Collar"/>
</Group>
<Group name="Fusion Girl">
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Blouse FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Boots FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Pantsu FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4ShortSkirt FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Skirt FG"/>
        <Member name="FrenchMaidFO4Boots HH FG"/>
        <Member name="Servitron - Bunny - Collar"/>
</
Group>
</SliderGroups>

ofc with all the other servitron stuff not just the bunny collar I then selected the group and I was able to select the FG body I am using so then I just batch built the group will check tom or so to see if that works

Yo, dude, you mind sharing the files you did for this?

Would also make the lives of anyone that wants to use Servitron with FG easier.

Vor 7 Minuten sagte Immortaningenieur:

ooooh.

Scheiße.

Das erklärt es.

Scheiße, ich habe ALLES falsch verstanden.

aight, also da ich nicht JEDE BODYSLIDE-DATEI für Servitron konvertieren möchte, werde ich faul sein und den Typen fragen, dass ich ziemlich sicher bin, dass er bereits eine Konvertierung durchgeführt hat:

Yo, Alter, magst du die Dateien teilen, die du dafür gemacht hast?

Würde auch das Leben aller erleichtern, die Servitron mit FG verwenden möchten.

wie ich z.B. - ich würde gerne Aida am Ende der Automatron-Questreihe so final upgraden

41 minutes ago, Immortanengineer said:

ooooh.

Fuck.

That explains it.

Shit, I completely misunderstood EVERYTHING.

aight, so since I don't want to have to convert EVERY BODYSLIDE FILE for Servitron, I'm going to be lazy and ask the dude that I'm pretty sure already did a conversion:

Yo, dude, you mind sharing the files you did for this?

Would also make the lives of anyone that wants to use Servitron with FG easier.

I've never tried Servitron, but from what I can see looking at its info it has its own independent body (which is based on CBBE but is not just CBBE), and expects clothing to be converted to the Servitron body. As such, it's not entirely clear to me what the goal is, The Servitron forum has a pinned post which asserts that it shouldn't conflict with FG or other human body replacers, so you ought to already be able to use Servitron and FG together (i.e. have a Servitron player and Fusion Girl human NPCs).

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I've never tried Servitron, but from what I can see looking at its info it has its own independent body (which is based on CBBE but is not just CBBE), and expects clothing to be converted to the Servitron body. As such, it's not entirely clear to me what the goal is, The Servitron forum has a pinned post which asserts that it shouldn't conflict with FG or other human body replacers, so you ought to already be able to use Servitron and FG together (i.e. have a Servitron player and Fusion Girl human NPCs).

so I didn't interpret things wrong?

Thank goodness for that.

Still though, I'm wondering how the hell do I fix the whole "flat" issue.

here's what I mean btw: image.png.0188caef043e518ea942a24d1d913e9e.png

46 minutes ago, Immortanengineer said:

Thank goodness for that.

The zero sliders is normal. SevenBase is only a preset starting point for building your custom body from, so it will have a basic shape at zero sliders that is different from other base forms at zero sliders. you have to adjust the sliders from that starting point to get the body preset you like, then save it as a new custom slidergroup. This new slidergroup is what you then select as your body preset for building all your outfits to. 

For example, the custom FG body that I use I named Bunny, and I think it started as a Fusion - Curvy baseline, but I modified the sliders to the profile that I wanted.

Screenshot (58).png

8 minutes ago, IBAGadget said:

The zero sliders is normal. SevenBase is only a preset starting point for building your custom body from, so it will have a basic shape at zero sliders that is different from other base forms at zero sliders. you have to adjust the sliders from that starting point to get the body preset you like, then save it as a new custom slidergroup. This new slidergroup is what you then select as your body preset for building all your outfits to. 

For example, the custom FG body that I use I named Bunny, and I think it started as a Fusion - Curvy baseline, but I modified the sliders to the profile that I wanted.

Screenshot (58).png

my issue is with the fact that the sliders won't automatically adjust when I apply the preset. It does this normally with the CBBE presets, so I don't know why the same isn't happening for the FG ones.

I use bodyslide presets because I don't really care for having to do all the adjustments.

2 hours ago, Immortanengineer said:

my issue is with the fact that the sliders won't automatically adjust when I apply the preset. It does this normally with the CBBE presets, so I don't know why the same isn't happening for the FG ones.

If you don't actually setup your own custom bodyslide preset, then the sliders are going to stay at zero for the base form you select. They are zeros because that is the starting point for that particular preset and you adjust up from there (or down, by manually entering a negative number in the percentage box)

If you select a different FG base form, the sliders will stay at zero, but you will see the form of the outfit change to match that new baseline.

The other possibility is the outfit you are trying to conform does not use any of those sliders, and so they will remain at zero.  This can happen if you are trying to use a CBBE outfit with a FG body, or the outfit was not converted properly and the bone weights weren't conformed.

As there is no FG prefix or suffix attached to the outfit in your screenshot, I suspect this may be the case.

I use bodyslide presets because I don't really care for having to do all the adjustments.

You only have to do the adjustments once. Use the sliders to create the look you want, then 'Save As' and name your preset. When you add more outfits to your game, you can select that preset and batch build. They will now work with your character's body. I have four different presets that I have made that I can use, but typically I stick with only one, as it is rather time consuming to go through and rebuild all the outfits to the new bodyshape, especially when zap sliders are involved, as they have to be selected every time you rebuild the outfit.

Edited by IBAGadget
3 hours ago, Immortanengineer said:

Thank goodness for that.

that's not an FG outfit, it doesn't use any FG sliders so how do you expect it to morph ? i know nothing about servitron, is it a new race, body or armor. You can always try converting it using O.S.

25 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

that's not an FG outfit, it doesn't use any FG sliders so how do you expect it to morph ? i know nothing about servitron, is it a new race, body or armor. You can always try converting it using O.S.

What he said. 

Looking up and reading over the Servitron mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32801) this is a new Automatron that uses a custom CBBE bodyslide or CBBE - Curvy Girl Body.

It is not made for FG

Unless you convert it to FG using Outfit Studio, it will not work with FG presets.

Period.

You have two options if you want to use this mod:

1. Download the CBBE Bodyslide files and convert all the parts to Fusion Girl

2. Resign yourself to using CBBE for your character.

You cannot run two different skeletons in your game and expect outfits to work, as all characters pull from the same outfit meshes, and the same skeletons (unless you are running Unique Character, and even then you need to have a single skeleton type)

Servitron is not a playable character race.

12 hours ago, Immortanengineer said:

No, I think you're still misunderstanding what I'm saying. Servitron doesn't seem to be just a CBBE "outfit" it's an entirely different body/race. It's like you're saying "I want to convert this deathclaw body to Fusion Girl" so like I said, I'm still unclear on your actual goal.

Hi Folks, quick question I've never quite found an answer for.  In Bodyslide, in the settings there is a reference skeleton.  I've always been of the understanding that if you're using Zex, I would set that as the ref skeleton here, but I have always just wondered if that is correct or not.  Anyone know which is correct, the standard one, or should I point to my Zex skeleton?

Bodyslide.jpg.ccf3284b71b54dc28d922e024a8b3fa9.jpg

6 hours ago, RileyAP said:

Hi Folks, quick question I've never quite found an answer for.  In Bodyslide, in the settings there is a reference skeleton.  I've always been of the understanding that if you're using Zex, I would set that as the ref skeleton here, but I have always just wondered if that is correct or not.  Anyone know which is correct, the standard one, or should I point to my Zex skeleton?

Bodyslide.jpg.ccf3284b71b54dc28d922e024a8b3fa9.jpg

You can set base skeleton