**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

On 6/22/2022 at 3:25 PM, riot_punch said:

Don't copy the "jiggly" bones to the bits of armor or clothing that shouldn't have physics.

There is also an entire toolset for physics included in outfit studio, just mess around with the "bones" tab next to the "meshes" tab on the right side of the studio window.

For example; oxygen tanks that are on the back of the character should usually just use the SPINE bone as it has no physics. 

I tried to fix the "raider mod torso heavy" armor by removing all the weight using the brush but when i load the game it ctd instantly. Removing all the bones lead to the same result (ctd). Is there specific approach to do it ?

2 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I tried to fix the "raider mod torso heavy" armor by removing all the weight using the brush but when i load the game it ctd instantly. Removing all the bones lead to the same result (ctd). Is there specific approach to do it ?

Maybe dont remove all but let one stay? 

25 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Leaving some weight prevent CTD but result in horrible distortion and warping ?.  

Yeah boneweight is rather complicated thing you know, for me sometimes it takes hours to achieve good results

Edited by Indarello
6 hours ago, Indarello said:

Yeah boneweight is rather complicated thing you know, for me sometimes it takes hours to achieve good results

Yeah tell me about it. I already spent 3 hours on one piece of armor without success ?

Edited by lee3310
On 5/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, BraveNewWorld721 said:

Anyone have the issue with the OverQueen Aka Overbitch ?

I can't build it in bodyslide. Something about the path? batch build show message _4.nif. but the FG file said the name is with that?

On 5/10/2022 at 1:45 AM, Sladen2019 said:

The conversion for the OverQueen outfit on page one is missing "Tone OverQueen_FG_1.80_4.nif". Does someone have it ?

I am aware of the Karma conversion available on NexusMods also. Its FG conversion always applies the TWB body even though I select FG Curvy.

Somewhat late reply, but: 

The original conversion is packaged horribly. 

Original file structure looks like this:

Tools\BodySlide\ShapeData\Tone OverQueen_FG\Tone OverQueen_FG_1.80.nif (and an .osd file)

While it should look like this:

Tools\BodySlide\ShapeData\Tone OverQueen_FG_1.80_4\Tone OverQueen_FG_1.80_4.nif and .osd

Easy change of folder and file names fixes the issue. Just add _4 at the end. 

10 minutes ago, Verminus said:

Hello everyone! Maybe someone has encountered this problem: when I give clothes from Vtaw Wardrobe 8 to certain NPCs (Just Business NPCs), equip it on them and then quit from inventory menu - I got CTD. I use this conversion. All bodyslide files built. And this happens only with Vtaw Wardrobe 8

I don't know if it's what causes your CTD, but another user here looked at that conversion and saw that it didn't use all of the available sliders.  Depending on what body preset you use, the conversion may not be useable.

Read back a page or two in the comments on this thread to find the explanation.

2 hours ago, pastreloks said:

Tried to follow some conversion guides with no luck. If someone will teach me how to proper make FG conversion I'll be very glad and also will make a lot of conversions.

Which guides? GrafPanzer's is the one I used in the past, and it's short and to the point (though perhaps a bit dense if you've never touched Outfit Studio before). Just pick something simple for your first conversion and ignore the parts about preserving non-body bones.

8 hours ago, pastreloks said:

Tried to follow some conversion guides with no luck. If someone will teach me how to proper make FG conversion I'll be very glad and also will make a lot of conversions.

Most bad conversions, maybe all bad conversions, come from people following a guide.

The steps for converting one type of outfit are not the steps for converting a different type of outfit.

What you really need is lots and lots of practice converting every type of outfit, from stuff with cloth physics to bikini thongs to things without bodies and with bodies to stuff with no vertices over the breast bone and stuff with vertices over the breast bone and high heels and combinations of high heels and uniboob.

Any guide that tells you to use the clothing reference instead of a nude reference is automatically bad.

Anything that tells you to copy all the bone weights is automatically bad.

Seriously, just start converting everything for yourself. I lost count of how many things I've converted, but I'm sure it's way over a thousand, maybe several thousand, and I'm still always figuring out new stuff.

Forget guides. Absolutely do not follow guides. Just practice and trouble shoot.

4 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Most bad conversions, maybe all bad conversions, come from people following a guide.

The steps for converting one type of outfit are not the steps for converting a different type of outfit.

What you really need is lots and lots of practice converting every type of outfit, from stuff with cloth physics to bikini thongs to things without bodies and with bodies to stuff with no vertices over the breast bone and stuff with vertices over the breast bone and high heels and combinations of high heels and uniboob.

Any guide that tells you to use the clothing reference instead of a nude reference is automatically bad.

Anything that tells you to copy all the bone weights is automatically bad.

Seriously, just start converting everything for yourself. I lost count of how many things I've converted, but I'm sure it's way over a thousand, maybe several thousand, and I'm still always figuring out new stuff.

Forget guides. Absolutely do not follow guides. Just practice and trouble shoot.

But without guides I even won't be able to start learning.

As for copying bone weights I know what you mean because I had some 3D experience. What to do in this case? 

1 hour ago, pastreloks said:

But without guides I even won't be able to start learning.

As for copying bone weights I know what you mean because I had some 3D experience. What to do in this case? 

Hi, Pastreloks. I wrote quite a few detailed comments on what one does earlier in this thread, but I can't remember how many pages back.

The main thing is that you need to recognize no one procedure works on every type of outfit. You can use guides as ideas for the very basics, but they won't work for everything. In the comment I made earlier in this thread I mention techniques for porting bone weights from CBBE to FG (what to delete and what to selectively copy).

I also talk about how to handle outfits which need uniboob.

But honestly you really do just need to practice. Just start making your own mashups (which involve porting CBBE outfit parts into FG outfits) or your own conversions and then testing them and trouble shooting.

I can't tell you everything you need to know at once as there's too much. But if you get stuck on something, start a new thread in the adult section asking a specific question, and I or someone else who checks here as often as daily will try to help when you're stuck.

It won't be instant help, but over time you'll become expert :)

Edited by Karna5
14 hours ago, pastreloks said:

ShapeData.zipMy first conversion. You need original mod. Unpack this into Tools\BodySlide. It can cause some vagina clipping based on your shape, but it is very easy to fix in Outfit studio.

Bit of a flaw in this - the Corset and Top outfit and the Corset outfit are the same, so you can't wear the nice skimpy corset by itself - you are always going to have the full leggings and sleeves

2 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

Bit of a flaw in this - the Corset and Top outfit and the Corset outfit are the same, so you can't wear the nice skimpy corset by itself - you are always going to have the full leggings and sleeves

Not sure what do you mean, but in this mod all versions has boots, gloves and latex bra.

23 hours ago, ironpython said:

ok so i just posted the search as theres multiple fusion girl conversions on this pack and not sure which to get

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/search/?BH=0

then theres VTAW pack 8 which is pretty new methinks but such a great addon

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61541?tab=description

and vtaw 8 FG bodyslide

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61733

I could be mistaken but for pack 8 there's only that one conversion which is missing some physics so its not really that great (not trying to trash anyones work)

you might be confused on how you would install it you have to download 2-3 files

1. the main file 2k https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61541?tab=files 
  2. the material file 2k this  is optional. it lets you change the outfit color https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61541?tab=files
  3. the conversion pack by DragonJOE69 https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/61733?tab=files

personally for vtaws packs i think the best person to do conversion is Kharneth but they haven't done 8 and im not sure if they are still active.  

Hello, having an issue with the DX Bikini conversions and wonder if anyone else was running into it? the clothes don't show in chemistry station or have textures in bodyslide, but bodyslide does recognize they are there and the files are properly added into the data folder?

EDIT: upon further inspection it appears these .rar archives don't have an esp in them like the nmm download for the cbbe body does

Edited by ILikeBewbs420
learned more about issue
3 hours ago, ILikeBewbs420 said:

Hello, having an issue with the DX Bikini conversions and wonder if anyone else was running into it? the clothes don't show in chemistry station or have textures in bodyslide, but bodyslide does recognize they are there and the files are properly added into the data folder?

EDIT: upon further inspection it appears these .rar archives don't have an esp in them like the nmm download for the cbbe body does

Usually conversions contain only the extra bits to add support for a different body, but still need the original mod installed for its plugin and textures.