**The Official Fusion Girl 1.75+ Armor and Clothing Conversion Thread**

Hello all! I remember seeing somewhere that StaticPhobia left modding or something. Does anyone know if/where he uploaded his stuff to? Also, did he leave any permissions to use any of his stuff? Please let me know as I have a spicy mod to upload and I don't want to piss Static off. 

Still trying to track down some of the mods that were removed from the nexus. Anyone know what happened to the:

Cross FG conversions (chosen of atom, courser strigidae, institute expeditionary suit)

HN66' Sirius armor 12 & 16 (Can only find pre-1.75 bodyslide files, unsure if anyoen made a 1.75+)

NCR Ranger Veteran Armor (Unsure if there was any FG conversions made for this one)

Edited by asebw
1 hour ago, splashzone said:

Hello all! I remember seeing somewhere that StaticPhobia left modding or something. Does anyone know if/where he uploaded his stuff to? Also, did he leave any permissions to use any of his stuff? Please let me know as I have a spicy mod to upload and I don't want to piss Static off. 

57 minutes ago, asebw said:

Still trying to track down some of the mods that were removed from the nexus. Anyone know what happened to the:

Cross FG conversions (chosen of atom, courser strigidae, institute expeditionary suit)

HN66' Sirius armor 12 & 16 (Can only find pre-1.75 bodyslide files, unsure if anyoen made a 1.75+)

NCR Ranger Veteran Armor (Unsure if there was any FG conversions made for this one)

Cross (and all other Apart stuff) is on FG Discord Channel, under self promotion.

Sirius armor never have  1.75+ conversion

No idea about the last one

9 hours ago, asebw said:

That is about what I was expecting. Do you know of a good guide to convert 1.61 to 1.75? Might try updating some of the old ones myself.

TBoS pinned a great video about it in the modding channel on the ZeX Discord, but the general guidance is to delete the old base body (if the mesh was included), load the new base body as a reference, delete the obsolete breast skin bones from the project, select the new CBP physics bones and then copy their bone weights into the outfit meshes, redo any body zaps if those are needed, and then delete the base body before saving if the old version didn't include a body mesh. Takes maybe a minute per item when you're on a roll, maybe several if you need to redo any body zaps.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:59 PM, vaultbait said:

TBoS pinned a great video about it in the modding channel on the ZeX Discord, but the general guidance is to delete the old base body (if the mesh was included), load the new base body as a reference, delete the obsolete breast skin bones from the project, select the new CBP physics bones and then copy their bone weights into the outfit meshes, redo any body zaps if those are needed, and then delete the base body before saving if the old version didn't include a body mesh. Takes maybe a minute per item when you're on a roll, maybe several if you need to redo any body zaps.

Thank you. Will probably give this a try in the near future.

10 minutes ago, DarkHeart78 said:

@kharneth1 Thx for another Outfit. I use most of your conversions. Only curious, do you want to concentrate on your own ports/outfits or will you still work on conversions of Vtaw stuff for example?

Greetings

DarkHeart

I still will make conversions, but I already converted everything i would ever use and more XD, so i'm more centered in stuff that already is useful (ie: playable) than just to take a pretty ss. For example latest vtaw stuff is mostly dresses/skirts that are shit in this game, but i will still conver future things that will be more game playable, like this: 

7 minutes ago, kharneth1 said:

I still will make conversions, but I already converted everything i would ever use and more XD, so i'm more centered in stuff that already is useful (ie: playable) than just to take a pretty ss. For example latest vtaw stuff is mostly dresses/skirts that are shit in this game, but i will still conver future things that will be more game playable, like this: 

Thank you for the reply! Keep up the good work! ?

Edited by DarkHeart78
Wrong format
7 hours ago, gammixane said:

Sorry for the dumb question but does anyone know what face textures to use to not have that neck line ?

The neck line in your screenshot doesn't look that terrible, honestly, I've seen far worse. Still, some skin replacers go to great trouble to try to minimize it. Radiation Queen provides its own face textures for example.

7 hours ago, gammixane said:

Also why is the fusion girl original mod deleted from nexus ?

Because Nexus disenfranchised and alienated many mod authors a few months back, so it moved here:

4 hours ago, gammixane said:

thanks guys also i've been trying my luck in converting outfits and it seems doable, but i wanted to ask where to start if i wanted to create outfits

From scratch? You are pretty much looking at 3D max or blender or some other 3d graphics program that can output to .obj or .nif for the meshes, something to work on the textures with, so photoshop or something like that, it would need to be able to output or convert to the correct graphics format, the after everything is sorted out xedit or the ck to make the actual esp to get them into game.  Some of the graphics side of things could be doable in outfit studio but just how much I have no idea.

19 hours ago, gammixane said:

thanks guys also i've been trying my luck in converting outfits and it seems doable, but i wanted to ask where to start if i wanted to create outfits

That's a ... loaded question and there's a lot that goes into creating outfits. 

You'd have to specify more

Before you even begin:

1. Do you have a basic understanding of working with the Tools used to edit items in Fallout 4 (Outfit Studio, Material Editor, Nifskope, CK)?
     - If not, You should start by getting an understanding of those tools first. Refitting and picking apart others works should help you get comfortable with the tools used in Fallout 4 Creation
  2. Do you have a basic understanding of how to edit and create Textures?
     - If not, Try making a Texture Edit to a vanilla item, and get it into game.
  3. Do you have a basic understanding of Blender, Max or any 3D modelling tool
    - If not, Start learning, cause you'll deffo need it.

At best, there's not gonna be a tutorial that walks you through the entire process of making a new clothing item start to finish, and 0 tutorials will hold your hand through basic 3D modelling at that. You should be proactive in learning that. Every outfit modder's workflow is different as well, so learning how to work with 3D modelling programs is necesssary before you can even understand that. 

The best way you can get into learning is to start by porting clothing to Fallout. It'll give you a basic idea of how to shape models to the body, how to weight, make bodyslide files, make material files, convert textures for Fallout 4 and how to get it in game as a working clothing item you can wear. While you're there. You're best to start learning some blender tutorials for working with making your own custom armor pieces, like shoes or accessories and start small. Accessories are very easy to make and you can gain some practice there. 

Personally, My workflow starts in Marvelous Designer (You might want to look that up. It's pricey, but if you know where to look you can find it for a real nice price...) which is basically similar enough to 3D sewing. From there I'm in blender, retopologizing, setting up the UV maps, and adding details to the outfit. I swap over to Substance Painter once I'm done with both my outfit, and the high poly to bake from and I make the Textures. It's a simple, but complicated workflow to show because there's so many steps to it (It's not just pull an outfit out your ass) 

I've made an attempt at upgrading the existing FG+HHS conversion of Devious Devices to work with 1.75 and later since its author hasn't been around for quite a while (it was previously converted for 1.45):

Edited by vaultbait
10 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

That's a ... loaded question and there's a lot that goes into creating outfits. 

You'd have to specify more

Before you even begin:

1. Do you have a basic understanding of working with the Tools used to edit items in Fallout 4 (Outfit Studio, Material Editor, Nifskope, CK)?
     - If not, You should start by getting an understanding of those tools first. Refitting and picking apart others works should help you get comfortable with the tools used in Fallout 4 Creation
  2. Do you have a basic understanding of how to edit and create Textures?
     - If not, Try making a Texture Edit to a vanilla item, and get it into game.
  3. Do you have a basic understanding of Blender, Max or any 3D modelling tool
    - If not, Start learning, cause you'll deffo need it.

At best, there's not gonna be a tutorial that walks you through the entire process of making a new clothing item start to finish, and 0 tutorials will hold your hand through basic 3D modelling at that. You should be proactive in learning that. Every outfit modder's workflow is different as well, so learning how to work with 3D modelling programs is necesssary before you can even understand that. 

The best way you can get into learning is to start by porting clothing to Fallout. It'll give you a basic idea of how to shape models to the body, how to weight, make bodyslide files, make material files, convert textures for Fallout 4 and how to get it in game as a working clothing item you can wear. While you're there. You're best to start learning some blender tutorials for working with making your own custom armor pieces, like shoes or accessories and start small. Accessories are very easy to make and you can gain some practice there. 

Personally, My workflow starts in Marvelous Designer (You might want to look that up. It's pricey, but if you know where to look you can find it for a real nice price...) which is basically similar enough to 3D sewing. From there I'm in blender, retopologizing, setting up the UV maps, and adding details to the outfit. I swap over to Substance Painter once I'm done with both my outfit, and the high poly to bake from and I make the Textures. It's a simple, but complicated workflow to show because there's so many steps to it (It's not just pull an outfit out your ass) 

On 9/19/2021 at 9:40 PM, Varithina said:

From scratch? You are pretty much looking at 3D max or blender or some other 3d graphics program that can output to .obj or .nif for the meshes, something to work on the textures with, so photoshop or something like that, it would need to be able to output or convert to the correct graphics format, the after everything is sorted out xedit or the ck to make the actual esp to get them into game.  Some of the graphics side of things could be doable in outfit studio but just how much I have no idea.

thanks for the advice guys, i already have experience with textures and 3d max but it wasn't for something like outfits but i'll certainly look into it

Hello Girls and Guys, need some help. I work on some Fusion Girl conversions. Most things work, thanks to some guides. But now i have a few problems.

One has to do with cloth bones. Yeah, the nasty stuff i know. During the conversion, i remove all bones beside the cloth bones. I know to keep them during the conversion. The problem is now, that during the process of copying the bones of Fusion Girl some of the clothbones vanish. every time. I tried it many times different ways. Every time cloth bones get deleted and i don't get why. Because of that, the physics on the coat get destroyed. I'm sorry i can only work with outfit studio. And the standard procedures aren't working.
Maybe some knows the problem and can help me.

Another problem is in an esp. Converting the outfit was not that problematic, everything worked. The problem is the esp and the bodyslot. Even after i changed the bodyslot fallout 4 won't accept that new bodyslot. Even on a save that has never seen the esp tries to load the clothing in the old conflicting slot.
I'm talking of Lacy Underware and Sporty Underware. People mentioned that those two have a problem with Pipboy mods.....and before you ask, yes they used the same slot, but i changed that.
But fallout 4 won't accept that new slot, and throws it against the old slot. Ever heard of that and has some suggestions what i could do?

Want to hear your thoughts, thanks in advance

10 minutes ago, DarkHeart78 said:

During the conversion, i remove all bones beside the cloth bones. I know to keep them during the conversion. The problem is now, that during the process of copying the bones of Fusion Girl some of the clothbones vanish. every time. I tried it many times different ways. Every time cloth bones get deleted and i don't get why. Because of that, the physics on the coat get destroyed. I'm sorry i can only work with outfit studio. And the standard procedures aren't working.
Maybe some knows the problem and can help me.

Graf's Guide to Fallout 4 Outfit Conversions has suggestions for backing up the original cloth bones and reapplying them post-conversion via Nifskope. Maybe that will help you?

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Graf's Guide to Fallout 4 Outfit Conversions has suggestions for backing up the original cloth bones and reapplying them post-conversion via Nifskope. Maybe that will help you?

Thanks for the guide! I will have to learn a lot, but maybe this way i can fix that damned coat!!

I hope someone has an idea about the other problem too. It drives me crazy!

Edit: Found that second problems solution. It is simple....I'm an idiot! Simple as that. Forgot that the Bodyslots are set in Armor AND Armor Addons. 

Edited by DarkHeart78