9 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

They should be "protected" (like vanilla settlers), not "essential." The key difference between the two is whether the player is allowed to kill them.

Interesting. I tried attacking one and there was no health bar. Even using the "kill" console command didn't do anything.

2 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

Interesting. I tried attacking one and there was no health bar. Even using the "kill" console command didn't do anything.

They have a habit of getting in the line of fire from me and dying.  I actually made them all essential so I didn't have to worry about them.  However, if I have a squad of them, I have to run in god mode otherwise, they are shooting me and putting me in a Violate condition... sigh...

John

17 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

After recruiting them as settlers, they all become essential (so they never take damage). Is this intentional?

No.  There is nothing in this mod that could cause that.  As vaultbait said, they are Protected, but they will take damage and go into bleedout if they drop to zero health.

This is a fun mod, personally I have to keep the chances low (10 and 5 %).  I have a settlement that is only rescued captives because I had the chances on default lol  but this is a great mod and another way to get some settlers, especially for Sim Settlements 2.  

On 12/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, Boceifus said:

I actually killed on eby accident that was being dragged along by a random patrol of supermutants.  <.<

LOL, This is exactly why I don't use explosives with raiders and super mutants anymore.

You can always resurrect them with the console...  which I may have done once or twice....   ;^)

Would you please consider releasing a version where captives are not protected? I play a hardcore game and I use them as a rolling base of followers as I happen across them, but having captives that are un-killable by anything other than me is killing immersion. They spawn endlessly, dynamically and none of them are unique in any way.  I have gone through the esp and removed any references for protected status , but it appears you have other flags set that I can't edit in FO4edit.  :/

I did the same with the add-on and getting the same result.

THANKS!

9 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

@EgoBallistic Hello, just wanted to ask you about Kziitd items your working on for release. I've ask you few months ago about release date and you say something like next week, I  understand that there was some daleys but quietly was hoping for xmas release, can you share with you what's happening? Thanks! 

If tomorrow is April 1st, I'll tell you because it's cancelled.

Unfortunately not, then just wait.

On 12/26/2021 at 10:36 AM, esmm40 said:

I love this mod because you never know when an encounter could be a hostage situation (can't just throw grenades willy nilly) and its an immersive way to quickly populate your settlements.

I added hood to the prisoner's equipment, so I had an extra feeling of lucky draw.

4 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Can you post some update pics on your blog? Loving what I've seen so far :) 

I'm very sorry, I don't have any consultation about the update. In fact, I didn't participate in the current update of Commonwealth captives. It only exists in ego's own mind.

Since the last blog post in September, I, like you, have been waiting for ego to complete. He told me in the middle of this month that there can be almost a beta version, because he promoted the recent update of AAF, which can solve the voice problem of characters wearing different equipment in a new framework.

That's all I know.:relaxed:

1 hour ago, kandrew123 said:

Currently I have the rescue them then beat the stuffing out of them again, and frankly I'm starting to feel bad for these girls.

It's tough love. And anyway, they were clearly asking for it, right?

On 12/30/2021 at 8:52 PM, kziitd said:

I'm very sorry, I don't have any consultation about the update. In fact, I didn't participate in the current update of Commonwealth captives. It only exists in ego's own mind.

Since the last blog post in September, I, like you, have been waiting for ego to complete. He told me in the middle of this month that there can be almost a beta version, because he promoted the recent update of AAF, which can solve the voice problem of characters wearing different equipment in a new framework.

That's all I know.:relaxed:

My most anticipated mod since devious devices came out ? Guess the old saying works here, good things come to those who wait

8 hours ago, thedollershop said:

love the mod, good concept. however, i have one issue, i use Atomic muscle for male body, this mod doesnt seem to support it, it generates vanilla male body mesh with underwear and male genital over it 

This mod uses whatever body mesh you have installed.  I use Atomic Muscle myself and male captives have naked Atomic Muscle bodies.

It sounds like you have the wrong body texture installed.  Vanilla male bodies don’t have genitals at all, so you are definitely getting Atomic Muscle bodies but with a texture that has underwear.

14 hours ago, thedollershop said:

hi !

love the mod, good concept. however, i have one issue, i use Atomic muscle for male body, this mod doesnt seem to support it, it generates vanilla male body mesh with underwear and male genital over it 

are you able to help ?

Re-read the Atomic Muscle installation instructions/dependencies and make sure you've correctly installed the textures it wants.

This isn't a bug so much as a "humorous convergence of mods".  I'm playing through Sim Settlements 2, Chapter 2.  The Nightingale building across from Diamond City entrance spawns random NPC patients.  Well... apparently when that spawning mechanism places raiders, it also places captives.  Either that or this bedridden guy was allowed to bring his captive along to the hospital.  ?

Spoiler

ScreenShot435.jpg.7f0fe4131a46c0d7d30aa681656d6e64.jpg

My animations arent working for some reason. everything else is working but when i ask them to return the favor it does nothing. i have AAF installed, and i have the other torture devices mods and stuff, and other aaf animations are working but the captives return favor animation isnt working. do i have to be in sanctuary hills? is there other requirements before you can do it?

5 hours ago, pwnisher317 said:

My animations arent working for some reason. everything else is working but when i ask them to return the favor it does nothing. i have AAF installed, and i have the other torture devices mods and stuff, and other aaf animations are working but the captives return favor animation isnt working. do i have to be in sanctuary hills? is there other requirements before you can do it?

There are no requirements.  After you ask them to return the favor, wait a few seconds and then open the AAF Admin console (hit Home, then Del until the admin console shows).  You will see a log of errors, with the most recent at the top.

On 12/26/2021 at 2:36 AM, esmm40 said:

I love this mod because you never know when an encounter could be a hostage situation (can't just throw grenades willy nilly) and its an immersive way to quickly populate your settlements.

Likewise.... "Hmm, I think I'll call artillery on that supermutant camp and... damn, I can see captives... oh well, have to do this the hard way".

I no longer build radio towers, I just rescue captives.

• 2 weeks later...