The positive thought thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of my flatmate moved away. He was such an asshole, I'm so happy !

Ā 

He was my 15th flatmate. 13 were nice guys and I'm keeping tabs on them, 2 were assholes.

Ā 

Ā 

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD !Ā 

Ā 

/music

/max volume

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was in the hospital for two weeks, just got out a few days ago. Had a really negative reaction to antibiotics and my kidneys shut down, went into renal failure. Been clawing my way back out of it ever since. Luckily the steroids they have me on have me on the way back to health, and won't require dialysis. I think my positive thought for the day is just keep trying. Life is probably never going to be what you expect but so many wonderful things are unexpected. You don't have to be perfect, just be you. That is enough. :)

most of these posts brought a huge smile to my eyes. :) thanks, peeps.

Ā 

Was in the hospital for two weeks, just got out a few days ago. Had a really negative reaction to antibiotics and my kidneys shut down, went into renal failure. Been clawing my way back out of it ever since. Luckily the steroids they have me on have me on the way back to health, and won't require dialysis. I think my positive thought for the day is just keep trying. Life is probably never going to be what you expect but so many wonderful things are unexpected. You don't have to be perfect, just be you. That is enough. :)

Ā 

thanks to your words as well, Brutality; had myself a couple life and death episodes, and i know how blissfulĀ it is to [still] be here.

Ā 

I might be drowned in my own depression, but I thought I might have keep one of my students from killing herself or keep someone she knew from doing so today.

Like I said, I have depression, it started to emerge years ago and I got my diagnosis this year. It hit me hard, and someone told me, it was dangerous to go alone, my gf has been trying to seek help on my behalf, she's an angel to me, but even she can not offer the salvation. We're not rich in time nor coin and many people questioned my decision, they asked me: "What are a sort-of rich boy like you doing out here? Won't it be better if you just take up your profession instead?" Seems the only way I would travel is the one goes downward to hell.

And earlier today, a student of mine sent me a message, she asked me a question:"How would you judge someone who wants to kill him/herself but failed to cope with the pain brought up by death? I know there's this guy..."

I was occupied with my job so it took me an hour to notice that message, let's just say, from personal experience, when someone asks you a serious question about "there's this guy", it would be likely about him/herself. it gave me creeps, I replied asap, she started to describe the situation, whether it's about her or one of her friends, the situation was bad, rejected by the love interest, shamed and far from being appreciated for career choice, this person was tempting to commit suicide and already had experience of mutilation.

I can't recommend any treatment at that moment, it was 9.30 pm.

So I started to tell her about my own experience of dealing with the thoughts, the thoughts of self-harming and suicide, I told her, no man should ever choose death over life for death is not even hardly an escape for torment. I asked her to convert my ideas to her friend for me.

My gf was not happy, she thought I was out of my mind and she feared that I would make the scenario worse."Put down your phone or shut her out!" She shouted, but I couldn't, I knew she loves me, she wanted to protect me, but I can't let it happen, I already saw enough inside that abyss, I can't let anyone slide into it under my watch, the burden would be too much even for someone like me, who's being fighting the constant dismay, urges to self-mutilating and throw myself off the ledge of my condo daily.

So I talked to my student until she finally calm down and started to talk about career choices for either herself or her friend, maybe I can't save this poor one from his/her torment, but I believe at least tonight this person can sleep with something other than ending his/her life in mind.

Ā 

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to help a friend resolve some of their issues causing them to be depressed. They still have a way to go, and I'm gonna do my absolute best to be there beside them every step of the way, as I would for anybody, but at least they have something that lets them go out each day with their chin up and their head towards the sun.

On 11/4/2017 at 9:13 AM, Luciver said:

I might be drowned in my own depression, but I thought I might have keep one of my students from killing herself or keep someone she knew from doing so today.

Like I said, I have depression, it started to emerge years ago and I got my diagnosis this year. It hit me hard, and someone told me, it was dangerous to go alone, my gf has been trying to seek help on my behalf, she's an angel to me, but even she can not offer the salvation. We're not rich in time nor coin and many people questioned my decision, they asked me: "What are a sort-of rich boy like you doing out here? Won't it be better if you just take up your profession instead?" Seems the only way I would travel is the one goes downward to hell.

And earlier today, a student of mine sent me a message, she asked me a question:"How would you judge someone who wants to kill him/herself but failed to cope with the pain brought up by death? I know there's this guy..."

I was occupied with my job so it took me an hour to notice that message, let's just say, from personal experience, when someone asks you a serious question about "there's this guy", it would be likely about him/herself. it gave me creeps, I replied asap, she started to describe the situation, whether it's about her or one of her friends, the situation was bad, rejected by the love interest, shamed and far from being appreciated for career choice, this person was tempting to commit suicide and already had experience of mutilation.

I can't recommend any treatment at that moment, it was 9.30 pm.

So I started to tell her about my own experience of dealing with the thoughts, the thoughts of self-harming and suicide, I told her, no man should ever choose death over life for death is not even hardly an escape for torment. I asked her to convert my ideas to her friend for me.

My gf was not happy, she thought I was out of my mind and she feared that I would make the scenario worse."Put down your phone or shut her out!" She shouted, but I couldn't, I knew she loves me, she wanted to protect me, but I can't let it happen, I already saw enough inside that abyss, I can't let anyone slide into it under my watch, the burden would be too much even for someone like me, who's being fighting the constant dismay, urges to self-mutilating and throw myself off the ledge of my condo daily.

So I talked to my student until she finally calm down and started to talk about career choices for either herself or her friend, maybe I can't save this poor one from his/her torment, but I believe at least tonight this person can sleep with something other than ending his/her life in mind.

Ā 

You are a pretty great teacher for looking out for your students like that, please keep doing it. We always need great people who help others like you outthere. I myself witnessed a best friend attempting to commit suicide, freakiest thing i've ever seen. I stopped him, but that was still just.....wow, like your student it was over relationship, he never explained it in detail to me though. He didn't try it again to my knowledge. Hopefully he's doing well.

I've been a long time lurker here and now I finally have the courage to start posting. The past few years have been rough for me but I'm finally realizing that those dark days are over. Since September I've further come out of my shell, started talking to people more, and deciding to make a real change in my own happiness. I know this isn't necessarily a good thing that happened to me today, but this month I finally worked myself up to contacting old friends and becoming active with more people than just my closest friends. I've also started posting to social media and online forums again!Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uh, the one thing positive that happened to me is that I benched around 80 kilograms which is breaking new ground for me so it makes me happy. Not much other than that since I'm depressed as hell, but there's this. To anyone reading this, I hope you're having a bloody great day and whatever happens you can handle it. That's all.