Microsoft bought Zenimax/Bethesda

What if m$ was the only pockets deep enough to bankroll ES6 and starfield? Also I think big money is moving out of entertainment, the NFL for example has been declining since 2015 now with the knee jerk reaction to the virus there is a lot of loss from tv and movies pretty much everything really. Big money might just be trying to survive at this point and last thing on their minds is video game companies.

12 minutes ago, Zor2k13 said:

What if m$ was the only pockets deep enough to bankroll ES6 and starfield? Also I think big money is moving out of entertainment, the NFL for example has been declining since 2015 now with the knee jerk reaction to the virus there is a lot of loss from tv and movies pretty much everything really. Big money might just be trying to survive at this point and last thing on their minds is video game companies.

Seems to me this is the perfect time to releasing new games.  Everyone is stuck at home with nothing to do and the developers should be able to work from home.  Hollywood doesn't have that luxury.  And I'm sure there are a lot of people who never played computer games that are bored to death.  They might be inclined to give them a try... and get hooked. 

Or, maybe they foresee a future where Americans won't be playing video games.  We'll all be struggling to survive the next disaster to hit the US.

I am NOT a pessimist.... damn it.

Better to be a pessimist and hoard money than to be an optimist and be broke. We wouldn't be stuck at home if it wasn't for all this insane reaction to the virus in the first place. The whole thing is just a manipulation though and it will end as all manipulations end. If I was running that providence group I would have dumped bethesda too. Once starfield and ES6 are out if at all, I think todd and pals will probably retire and just let m$ mind the store from then on.

4 hours ago, Psalam said:

We could, instead, talk about that other great source of Western literary civilization, Greco-Roman literature. Look at how many industries have reached into the heart of Homer. There's Troy-bilt tractors and Trojan condoms for instance. 

Let's not forget Odysseus Ulysses S. Grant.

15 hours ago, 27X said:

Probably because this isn't an actual thing. If you're progressive, you're permissive. That's literally what the fuck it means and twitter doesn't get to decide otherwise.

Progressive just means that one is for some vague sense of progress, a notion which metamorphoses over time and varies from place to place. Also, it might denote possible Communist influence. That might just be a coincidence, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party

The latest DLC for outer worlds was full of stupid dialogue like "dear sir or ma'am" and had really stupid writing and pointless characters like probably carl. The whole thing was a gigantic waste of time that reminded me of just how short the game was originally. Developers are screeching about going big on diversity and inclusion but really I think they are all just planning their exit strategies so they can bail out with the most money at just the right time leaving the industry to literally crash and burn.

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Progressive just means that one is for some vague sense of progress, a notion which metamorphoses over time and varies from place to place. Also, it might denote possible Communist influence. That might just be a coincidence, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party

Everyone left of me is a communist and everyone right of me is a fascist. Thus spoke the enlightened centrist.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:45 AM, 27X said:

Probably because this isn't an actual thing. If you're progressive, you're permissive. That's literally what the fuck it means and twitter doesn't get to decide otherwise.

Hate to break it to you, but you haven't been paying attention.  Go look up the names of people who were railing against the boobplate in Divinity: Original Sin, attacks on people complaining about TLoU2(remember if you think the story is shit -- you're transphobic), and so-on.  Then look at say JP media that makes it to the west like Uzaki-Chan want's to hang out, or Fullmetal Alchemist.  Those are the "progressive" voices and in mass media the only ones that matter.

Take a look at the game journos and regular journos and the sites they write for.  They're all over "real world" permissive stances, but the second it jumps into video games they become levels of prude not even seen amongst the puritans.  Having grown up during the 80s and the claims that it was "evil christians wanting to ban everything" it was never at any point in terms of censorship, threats, or attempts to destroy a person like it is now. 

And just having seen the garbage over the last 6-7 years directly?  The people who are railing so hard against this stuff while supporting whatever virtue is being signaled usually end up being absolute shit people.  But the amount of sway they have in media, and the amount of media that will promote their views is really bad.  And I haven't even got started on the social justice garbage.

Well whatever floats your boat.  But shit's fucked up right now.

1 hour ago, Mashi said:

Hate to break it to you, but you haven't been paying attention.  Go look up the names of people who were railing against the boobplate in Divinity: Original Sin, attacks on people complaining about TLoU2(remember if you think the story is shit -- you're transphobic), and so-on.  Then look at say JP media that makes it to the west like Uzaki-Chan want's to hang out, or Fullmetal Alchemist.  Those are the "progressive" voices and in mass media the only ones that matter.

Take a look at the game journos and regular journos and the sites they write for.  They're all over "real world" permissive stances, but the second it jumps into video games they become levels of prude not even seen amongst the puritans.  Having grown up during the 80s and the claims that it was "evil christians wanting to ban everything" it was never at any point in terms of censorship, threats, or attempts to destroy a person like it is now. 

And just having seen the garbage over the last 6-7 years directly?  The people who are railing so hard against this stuff while supporting whatever virtue is being signaled usually end up being absolute shit people.  But the amount of sway they have in media, and the amount of media that will promote their views is really bad.  And I haven't even got started on the social justice garbage.

Well whatever floats your boat.  But shit's fucked up right now.

You should really really read post history before attempting to profile.

31 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

I'm a center-left liberal, and in the immortal words of Marty Feldman in Silent Movie, I'd describe myself as a "mild-mannered pervert"  One who likes pineapple on pizza,  and beans oughta be in chili.  And I live in Texas of all places.  And I used to own a bunch of guns including a Colt Python with a six inch barrel. I still kick myself in the ass for selling that off cause a Python nowadays is worth at least $2,000 USD...   And I even owned a Smith and Wesson 629  .44 caliber revolver. It's like having a mini cannon for a gun. Yes I've shot that off at the gun range..and my arm got tired after a while.  The Python is much nicer imho - smooth and easier to shoot with.

I dont want to offend you, but to me are firearms, the weapons one coward, anyone can remotely with a firearms kill another person!
therefore I prefer swords, fight man against man and here the better one wins. :classic_wink:

Spoiler

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

I'm a center-left liberal

Good, then maybe you can explain what the fuck happened to your party.- cause I sure as fuck can't make sense of it.

Was debating with my dem friend and she brought up something scandalous the pres said and asked what I thought of it. I explained to her that someone in her party had said the exact same fucking thing over a month ago and she was like "What? I didn't see/hear that!". "Of course you didn't" I said.

Not trying to "red pill" anyone here. Just want people to realize that both sides are very corrupt and that if we ever want to return to some sense of normalcy, then many of the politicians on both sides of the aisle need to go.

9 minutes ago, winny257 said:

I dont want to offend you, but to me are firearms, the weapons one coward, anyone can remotely with a firearms kill another person!
therefore I prefer swords, fight man against man and here the better one wins. :classic_wink:

Reveal hidden contents

Will it really be the better one? Or just the one who is better at handling a sword? Or the one with the sharper sword? The bigger gun....?