Microsoft bought Zenimax/Bethesda

18 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_huh: Do I need GOGGalaxy to play TW3 ?

It isn't even running and I start and play the game as often as I like :classic_blink:

Or is it a one time registration thing?

(I can't remember, it's so long ago :classic_shy:

no you can play TW3 offline, but online is required for initial installation and patches.
if you do not agree to the terms and conditions, such as installing the Epic Store, then the game is blocked!

on my old pc i never had any problems with GoG, but the installation was years ago.
well, terms and conditions are changing! :classic_wink:

18 minutes ago, winny257 said:

but online is required for initial installation and patches.

AH! I see, that's what I had forgotten.

This Galaxy 2.0 thing is the same as this "Epic Store"? What's so bad about it?

Aside from that I don't ever use it like all others of that sort :classic_laugh:

7 minutes ago, worik said:

AH! I see, that's what I had forgotten.

This Galaxy 2.0 thing is the same as this "Epic Store"? What's so bad about it?

Aside from that I don't ever use it like all others of that sort :classic_laugh:

When you look in the media, then you know that Epic didn't get good reviews!
headquarters of Epic is China, i don't leave the yellow danger on my pc!! :classic_laugh::classic_tongue:

Hey wasn't it toady that was talking about games becoming a service back in 2018 when starfield was announced? I think beth/zeni and m$ have been working on this deal since 2018 maybe even longer.

Yongyea saying the same thing as the other career youtuber I listed earlier

Everyone in this thread is seemingly forgetting that Mojang is also owned by Microsoft. Minecraft arguably has a larger modding scene than Bethesda games. They bought them in 2014 and the modding scene there is still quite active. 

Microsoft is also allowing modding on their games as well, as seen in:

I have no doubt that Microsoft will allow mods for new Beth games. They've already have mod support for their launcher, it's just up to the developers to enable the support. https://www.pcgamer.com/mod-support-is-coming-to-games-on-the-microsoft-store/.

They even seem to be embracing using Steam as their launcher as well. They already have Halo MCC, Flight Sim 2020, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Age of Empires. They have also confirmed that Halo Infinite will be on Steam too, so without a doubt more of their games will be there. 

This Microsoft with Satya Nadella and Phil Spencer is a much different Microsoft that we saw a couple years ago. 

However, as @Kimy said, corporation consolidation is definitely never a good thing, but it seems that Zenimax was looking to sell regardless and EA was the other bidder. This is the lesser of two evils. https://gamerant.com/ea-bethesda-purchase/

8 hours ago, winny257 said:

one thing is perfectly clear to me, is confirmed here in this video, unfortunately German.
7.5 billion US dollars, for the purchase of Beth \ Zenimax was the biggest deal in human history.
and how does Microsoft get its money back, mainly through the GamePass, this currently only costs for the PC, 9.99 euros per month!
I don't know the height for an XBox console.
if all Microsoft games are only published via this GamePass in the future, then modding is over.
because games via GamePass are not purchased games, my son has been playing over a GamePass for some time and he didn't buy a game!

Reveal hidden contents

1. nvidia is going to purchase ARM for 7 times that.

2. Gamepass is not to buy games, it is to play games on demand on any compatible platform.

3. Adding a bought game to gamepass is entirely optional.

4. Netflix charges more money bla bla bla everyone charges more money, welcome to planet earth.

5. For a guy complaining about CDPR all the time and nevre playing cdpr games ever because cdpr you sure know a lot about TW3, also EGS is not even kind of required for TW3 and neither is opting into the multiplatform tab on GOG.

If you're going to predict the word ending in 2012, at least try to get the factual parts correct.

8 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I have said a few years ago that we should (as a  adult modding community) develop our own games so that the content can be continued. The tools are available, the info and resources are available (if not difficult to obtain) and the experience in many aspects of gaming and content creation is available (here)  There is already a game hosted here that has been created for this purpose.

It sucks or will suck if we can't mod the games 100% to the way we like.. or even at all.. but that is the future. We just have to accept the possibility and start thinking of alternatives.

We will always have to remind people of these examples to build upon and to show support when anyone here does just that.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

1. nvidia is going to purchase ARM for 7 times that.

2. Gamepass is not to buy games, it is to play games on demand on any compatible platform.

3. Adding a bought game to gamepass is entirely optional.

4. Netflix charges more money bla bla bla everyone charges more money, welcome to planet earth.

5. For a guy complaining about CDPR all the time and nevre playing cdpr games ever because cdpr you sure know a lot about TW3, also EGS is not even kind of required for TW3 and neither is opting into the multiplatform tab on GOG.

If you're going to predict the word ending in 2012, at least try to get the factual parts correct.

sorry, you just write garbage, Dünnschiß!

know you that? oh yes, German is not your hobbyhorse! ?

https://techrush.de/gog-galaxy-2-0-neuer-launcher-soll-alle-spiele-vereinen/

Spoiler

Will GOG Galaxy 2.0 replace the other launchers?
No. The other launchers (Steam, Epic Games Store, Uplay etc.) must still be installed and set up on the PC. GOG Galaxy 2.0 should only offer a comfortable overview. As a user, you only have to open one program and you can access all games. In theory, Steam can do that too. But unlike Steam, GOG Galaxy 2.0 is also supposed to bring together the different friend lists and achievements - even from console players.

https://www.pcgames.de/GOGcom-Firma-256620/News/Offizielle-Integration-Epic-Games-Store-1354531/

Spoiler

66RJ24I9TWyHhlRF.jpg

if you lays every word on the gold Libra, doesn't mean that that you are better! 

and therefore kiss my ass! :classic_smile:

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10607001

by the way this is not an insult, it is a solicitation which you don't have to fulfill. :classic_tongue:

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Du hast also kein Telefon, keine Grafikkarte, nichts? Du musst doch nichts auf deinen PC lassen - schaue ihn nur an.

Sorry, heute ist es ja Smartphone... ;) 

Telefon ja, festnetz, aber Made in Germany.
Grafikkarte: asus nvidia geforce rtx 2080 dual oc 8g, made in Taipeh, Taiwan.

wenn ich den Epic Game Store installieren muß, dann befindet sich die gelbe Gefahr auf meinem PC!
Epic ist berüchtigt persöhnliche Daten an dritte zu verkaufen.

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/epic-games-store-steam-daten-auslesen,3341759.html

https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Epic-Games-Store-Software-269112/News/Epic-Games-reagiert-auf-Vorwuerfe-wegen-Datensammeln-1277575/

https://www.pcgames.de/Epic-Games-Store-Software-269112/News/steam-spionage-bestaetigung-1277598/

und es gibt noch viel viel mehr. :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

We will always have to remind people of these examples to build upon and to show support when anyone here does just that.

I checked out a couple of the game links.  Oddly enough, there was a couple demos available on Patreon.  They want me to pay to view a demo?  No wonder they died so quickly.  Supporting independent developers is great, for those that can toss money away for just a demo that may not see any further development.  I always figured, if you are doing something just for the money, than you should do something else.

7 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Valve has told people, in the past, that in the event they ever "go under" they would make available all games with standalone executables. How true that is, I don't know.

If Steam ever went bankrupt, do you really think they would care to spend money on satisfying the customers that bought all their games through them?  If they don't, what are you going to do?  Sue them?  Nope.  Not possible once they close their doors.  This is why I never liked Steam.  I should NEVER have to be dependent on a third party to use something I have bought.

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

sorry, you just write garbage, Dünnschiß!

know you that? oh yes, German is not your hobbyhorse! ?

https://techrush.de/gog-galaxy-2-0-neuer-launcher-soll-alle-spiele-vereinen/

Reveal hidden contents

Will GOG Galaxy 2.0 replace the other launchers?
No. The other launchers (Steam, Epic Games Store, Uplay etc.) must still be installed and set up on the PC. GOG Galaxy 2.0 should only offer a comfortable overview. As a user, you only have to open one program and you can access all games. In theory, Steam can do that too. But unlike Steam, GOG Galaxy 2.0 is also supposed to bring together the different friend lists and achievements - even from console players.

https://www.pcgames.de/GOGcom-Firma-256620/News/Offizielle-Integration-Epic-Games-Store-1354531/

Reveal hidden contents

66RJ24I9TWyHhlRF.jpg

if you lays every word on the gold Libra, doesn't mean that that you are better! 

and therefore kiss my ass! :classic_smile:

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=10607001

by the way this is not an insult, it is a solicitation which you don't have to fulfill. :classic_tongue:

You can kiss your own ass, and you haven't the faintest. TW3 never came with Epic exclusively and never will if you're done yet again not having the faintest fucking clue what you're talking about, you can go back telling how that one time cdpr murdered your family in the middle of the night and how texmod works perfectly with DX12.

The gog integration only works if you have epic titles or an epic account so the solution is pretty damn obvious, genius. Once again you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

18 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

It is irrelevant where the beans were canned (Texas is not Mexico, either...any more) since there is no place in Texas that I've ever been to which prepares its chili without beans. I've never known any family who has done so, either.

Maybe it is a ethnic thing? All of the people who include beans in the mix are all Black or Hispanic people who live in Southern Texas. I've seen White people mix in rice but only they tend to do that.

That has me wondering if this Microsoft acquisition of BGS will have a major impact on its corporate culture or if will it so much as affect their cafeteria menu.

I've always put bean free chili on my hotdogs. I smear remoulade sauce on the buns.  put on the hotdogs, then ladle on the chili and sprinkle diced onions on top...Delicious!  And if I eat chili straight up...it's with beans in it. :P  Sorry, no cheese for me.

3 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Yes, if games are created by people that enjoy that content it will be pure, proper and well done. Not commercialized as major companies will do. After all, who can create the content that fits adult game users desire but adult game users?  If game companies decide to say a big FUCK YOU to modders and adult content, I say FUCK YOU back in the form of not purchasing your games.

Hopefully, these companies realize they need to create compelling games for users to buy or "rent" (in the form of subscription services.. well even purchases in many cases is it has been a really long time since we truly owned any games even if purchased on DVD)

6 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Hopefully, these companies realize they need to create compelling games for users to buy or "rent" (in the form of subscription services.. well even purchases in many cases is it has been a really long time since we truly owned any games even if purchased on DVD)

not only, for me it started like this.
floppy disks and magnetic tape cartridges.

Spoiler

dig-Commodore-C64-Monitor-Diskettenlaufw

C64_Spiele.jpgC64_Ausstellung_NM.jpg

my game collection is huge. :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, Urabis said:

"TES 6 - XBox Exclusive for one year"

i can smell it

believe not.
The next Elder Scrolls will not release for the PS5, but exclusively for PC and Xbox.
PS5 player no chance because of Microsoft dislike the competition!
Article from 09/22/2020 but unfortunately in German.

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/elder-scrolls-6-kommt-jetzt-von-microsoft-und-ich-finde-das-grossartig,3362142.html

On 9/25/2020 at 5:52 AM, 27X said:

You should really really read post history before attempting to profile.

That wasn't profiling it was a statement of opinion based on your own statement.  You can agree or disagree, critique it or ignore it.  But don't whine because your own reply in context with the rest of the thread wasn't verbose enough by your own choice.

On 9/25/2020 at 6:05 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

Was debating with my dem friend and she brought up something scandalous the pres said and asked what I thought of it. I explained to her that someone in her party had said the exact same fucking thing over a month ago and she was like "What? I didn't see/hear that!". "Of course you didn't" I said.

What was the thing said, and who was the person who said it?

On 9/24/2020 at 7:26 AM, cailic said:

Look how Hollywood is shoving this gay rights thing down our throats.  I don't care what consenting adults do in the privacy of their homes.  I don't care that nearly 1 in ten men I meet are gay.  Marriage is more a legal contract than anything having to with religion, so what does it matter if two men get married?  What ever happened with the separation of church and state.  OOps, they blurred the line when it came to marriage.   But, I don't want to see two men kissing every time I watch a movie, or Star Trek.  I don't want to see a man and a woman kissing either. 

Query: if you dislike seeing any kissing in movies, and feel that showing same-sex kissing is shoving homosexuality down our throats, would it then not logically follow that you also feel showing opposite-sex kissing is shoving heterosexuality down our throats? And if you don't feel the second part is true, why?

Drama is about the human experience, and love and sex is part of that. As an 40-something straight guy, I still get a little weirded out by seeing same-sex relationships on screen, but i know that's because of my brain was conditioned to feel that way by media when I was younger (still have trouble with Trans, but trying to be better). But why should my mild squick response prevent a significant part of humanity's stories from being told?