[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

On 9/17/2020 at 3:16 PM, Biggi Cheese said:

Yeah I figured out how to get it to show up on the mod selection thing, but now I can't get it to run.

I think I put everything where it's supposed to be and I have the newest CK3 version

@Biggi Cheese Did you check that the path value in "Carnalitas.mod" is pointing to your "Carnalitas" folder?
It should be either "mod/Carnalitas" or most likely "C:/Users/<Your Windows Username>/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod/Carnalitas"

If it's already set and the error is still showing, try this:

• Remove the mod from your launcher (Don't just disable it, remove it completely from the launcher)
  • Remove the "Carnalitas" folder and "Carnalitas.mod" file from your mod folder
  • Restart your launcher just to be sure it has forgotten the mod, check the "Add more mods" section and make sure Carnalitas isn't listed anymore. Exit the launcher
  • Make sure the .mod file has one of the correct path (see above)
  • Copy the "Carnalitas" folder and "Carnalitas.mod" file in your mod folder

Now the mod should show up again in the "Add more mods" section, hopefully without issues. If there is still issues, well... I'm afraid I can't help you further

So weird stuff I found testing this mod, not sure if I'm running an older version or not

first big dick is consider a bad trait so you can't get strength the bloodline with it

2nd for some reason when I marry a very busty wife with a guy with a stud their boys seem to have nothing downstairs which shouldn't be occuring

3rd seems to have compatibility issue with DWToska as raping a prisoner never results in a bastard.

20 hours ago, Triskelia said:

@Biggi Cheese Did you check that the path value in "Carnalitas.mod" is pointing to your "Carnalitas" folder?
It should be either "mod/Carnalitas" or most likely "C:/Users/<Your Windows Username>/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod/Carnalitas"

If it's already set and the error is still showing, try this:

• Remove the mod from your launcher (Don't just disable it, remove it completely from the launcher)
  • Remove the "Carnalitas" folder and "Carnalitas.mod" file from your mod folder
  • Restart your launcher just to be sure it has forgotten the mod, check the "Add more mods" section and make sure Carnalitas isn't listed anymore. Exit the launcher
  • Make sure the .mod file has one of the correct path (see above)
  • Copy the "Carnalitas" folder and "Carnalitas.mod" file in your mod folder

Now the mod should show up again in the "Add more mods" section, hopefully without issues. If there is still issues, well... I'm afraid I can't help you further

Still not working...Strange. Steam version and don`t working... Maybe it depends of regions? Just because i really don`t understand why it is still not working >.<

4 hours ago, Anonymous said:

You know, the description says to check the changelog on github, but the changelog on github is a complete mess.

So what's new since 1.0.2?

The link in the mod page points to the wrong changelog (with unreleased stuff). Here are the correct changelogs:

Changelog 1.1

Changelog 1.1.1

Since Carnalitas is a framework, our changelogs are bound to be somewhat technical and mostly intended for modders. But to summarize, this update mostly brings a more fleshed out slavery system, with its own doctrines

Every changelogs can also be found on the Releases page

2 hours ago, johnjones27 said:

Does the update require a game restart or can I continue with my current save game and have all the new features?

Yes, a restart is needed if you want to use the new features, especially those defined by game rules, like the new slavery system and doctrines.

Save breaking updates are to be expected for a while, as we still have more game rules planned

A decision to add slaves or change other settings of the mod would be nice, I updated the mod but I still have 150 years to go to reach the "End of an Era" so I can't start a new save. :)  At least strengthen bloodline worked on my save now after I updated it, even if I had a good trait from this mod it was counted as a bad trait till this update, thank you.!

Not sure if possible, but setting a price threshold for a slave might work, eliminating lower prices and keeping ones you might accept. A separate decision to take a slave off the market would round it off, but one could just set a really high price. To streamline choosing a price and ensuring you don't keep setting it too high when you are trying to sell, the highest offer below your price will always still appear. 

suggestion: you should keep track in the first post on compatible mods that need carnalitas. like a quick overview at least show the mods that proven to work well with ur mod. its maybe not necessary now but i guess in the near future as more and more mods come in, it will be easier to be up to date.

i have kind of similar issues like other people mentioning.

use the steam version of ck 3 including the available DLC.

downloaded the mod and added to steam, made a separate playset with just this and one other mod that need carnalitas (submissive partners).

when i fire up CK3 there are no possible choices in play parameters even mentioning carnalitas. if i start a game there are no schemes or interactions..

what did i possibly do wrong? it's not the first mod i'm running and all mods i got from steam workshop working fine..

is it possible that there are language problems? because i'm running the german version of CK3 - i don't mind running it in english, but don't see where this could be the issue..

Picture of settings

i really would appreciate some help here, cause im running out of ideas and would love to play the mod ?

thx in advance!

1 hour ago, xxtream said:

downloaded the mod and added to steam, made a separate playset with just this and one other mod that need carnalitas (submissive partners).

when i fire up CK3 there are no possible choices in play parameters even mentioning carnalitas. if i start a game there are no schemes or interactions..

what did i possibly do wrong? it's not the first mod i'm running and all mods i got from steam workshop working fine..

is it possible that there are language problems? because i'm running the german version of CK3 - i don't mind running it in english, but don't see where this could be the issue..

Picture of settings

i really would appreciate some help here, cause im running out of ideas and would love to play the mod ?

thx in advance!

The exact same problem. I haven't been able to solve it yet

2 hours ago, xxtream said:

Picture of settings

thx in advance!

those are not the settings. ur picture just shows that the mod is installed and active. by default every option/most options this mod has to offer are not active via game rules. so in order to use this mod u have to activate them before a new game. i guess this mod and its features are a little bit more intrusive than ur average workshop mod and therefore it comes with its own rules/settings that u can turn on/off.

Unbenannt.png

28 minutes ago, igorL2 said:

The exact same problem. I haven't been able to solve it yet

It looks like bug with "username" diacritic marks in Windows&CK3. Steam mods has path="C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/xxxx" only with english sight, this mod has path "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod" wher xxx can be local. So, unpack and install folder and Carnalitas.mod, unlock mod in CK3 etc. as mentioned, and ...  make copy of Carnalitas folder direct on disk in main folder and reedit in notepad 'path=' in Carnalitas.mod config file. It is necessery to have 2 copy of Carnalitas folders on disk, first for CK3 starting program,  second for proper access. It is tested and works.