[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

@Cheri Song

When you have the time could you add preference traits for the corresponding partner's body trait and body trait modifiers.

Body trait modifiers -
bigger dick size - increase fertility + increased chance to trigger wounded on wife/concubine/lover/slave/partner when a sex scene event is triggered
bigger breast size - increase diplomacy and intrigue, decrease prowess, small chance to get small health debuff (back pain) in older ages

In terms of preference traits

Basically everyone gets a sexual orientation congenital/physical trait that determines how much they favor other character's endowment.

Traits comes in 5 flavours (Loves small, likes small, neutral, likes big, loves big),

example: a hetro male with a liking big trait means that he favors females with big/huge breast so females with big breast gets minor (+5) attraction opinion boost from him and this can go up to (+30?) opinion boost if the combination is loving big trait paired with a gigantic breast

In fact, to balance it out, the draw back of loving small/big is that they get a minor to moderate attraction debuff to the opposing size.

Finally, a player decision that allows them to change their preference at the cost of stress.

I am happy to help code some of it sometime in the future when i got a bit of time (amateur - did a bit of CK2 coding) but not familiar with how to contribute via github, can i just post edited files here for you?

Pretty confident i can just plagerize some of your existing code to create the effect.

Also is there any syntax addon you use if you used notepad++ by chance? (for skyrim script coding, there was a syntax addon for notepad++ that made life a lot easier looking through all the lines of code)

10 minutes ago, luffyboy said:

When you have the time could you add preference traits for the corresponding partner's body trait and body trait modifiers.

We are very unlikely to do preference traits because:

• it isn't something that multiple mods are likely to need,
  • it's relatively low impact for the amount of work expended,
  • adding more traits clutters up the character screen, which is something we are trying to reduce.

We have also made a conscious decision to have purely cosmetic body traits, because:

• everyone disagrees on exactly what modifiers body traits should have,
  • we run the risk of stereotyping real life people with those traits,
  • we would rather let people have traits they like rather than forcing them in one direction or the other for gameplay concerns,
  • traits are extremely easy to mod anyway so you can just make a submod if you want. Example of adding stats to Lunatic here (Combining Mods).

If you are not familiar with how to use github, there are plenty of tutorials. That said it, sounds like your proposed features would be better as a submod rather than a feature of the Carnalitas core framework.

For writing CK3 script I use Visual Studio Code with the CWTools and Paradox Syntax Highlighting plugins.

Could there be a decision in the game rules to remove the limit of how many prostitutes you can have? I saw its 10. Nothing wrong with that. But with mods like battle captives, the one that expands how many concubines you can have, and just going through crusades or holy wars, I find myself with alot of prisoners. Also when one is a raider they can get a bunch more prisoners/slaves from raiding. Figure I ask. Im just testing the new update now. It's not bad. The extra income is helpful. Definitely good for anyone tribal or feudal/clan government. How it can pay for men at arms or for tribal, helping them build 

3 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

We are very unlikely to do preference traits because:

• it isn't something that multiple mods are likely to need,
  • it's relatively low impact for the amount of work expended,
  • adding more traits clutters up the character screen, which is something we are trying to reduce.

We have also made a conscious decision to have purely cosmetic body traits, because:

• everyone disagrees on exactly what modifiers body traits should have,
  • we run the risk of stereotyping real life people with those traits,
  • we would rather let people have traits they like rather than forcing them in one direction or the other for gameplay concerns,
  • traits are extremely easy to mod anyway so you can just make a submod if you want. Example of adding stats to Lunatic here (Combining Mods).

If you are not familiar with how to use github, there are plenty of tutorials. That said it, sounds like your proposed features would be better as a submod rather than a feature of the Carnalitas core framework.

For writing CK3 script I use Visual Studio Code with the CWTools and Paradox Syntax Highlighting plugins.

cheers. i do see you point of view. I'll make it a submod then, should be simple enough.

oooof i dont know how im gonna go about getting icons for the traits though haha. i really like the icons you choose for the body traits. i dont know why fruits leave a lot to the imagination

4 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

You are mistaken. The on_action is triggered by that line of code. It is defined in common/on_action/carn_character_initialization_pulse.txt

You don't have to make a new on_action, since carn_character_initialization_pulse is already triggered properly. All you need to do is add your event to the on_action. For example, you can create a new text file in your own mod, in common/on_action/en_on_actions.txt, with the following code:

carn_character_initialization_pulse = {
	events = {
		your_event.0001
	}
}

This will fire your event as intended.

But I had all these files in my mod and I still get the error:

the on_actions

Spoiler

on_game_start_after_lobby = {
    events = {
        et_character_initialization.0001
    }
}

et_character_initialization_pulse = {
    events = {
        et_body.1 # initialize the characters with  traits
    }
}

and the event that triggers it:

Spoiler

namespace = et_character_initialization

et_character_initialization.0001 = {

type = empty
    hidden = yes

immediate = {

every_living_character = {

trigger_event = { on_action = et_character_initialization_pulse }
            }
    }
}

I copied them from your mod and I can't understand why get the error. They are in the correct folders in the correct format. Even if there is an error in event et_body.1 I shouldn't be getting the error:

Spoiler

Error: trigger_event effect [ On action [et_character_initialization_pulse] not found ]
  Script location: file: events/et_character_initialization_events.txt line: 13

I'm sorry to go on about this but it is driving me crazy.

1 hour ago, MrAnonym said:

Has the "Make Love" countdown been reduced? Felt it was more impactful and not such a preg chance clickfest when it was 5 years :/

People complain about rule bloat sometimes but ... is there a game rule for that already?

Yes, you can choose to have it disabled, 5 year cool down, and no cool down in the game rules.

3 hours ago, MrAnonym said:

Has the "Make Love" countdown been reduced? Felt it was more impactful and not such a preg chance clickfest when it was 5 years :/

It has been reduced to 1 year. I felt this was a good compromise between "reducing clicks" and "appeasing people who want to have sex-focused gameplay."

If there is significant pushback on this I can add a separate game rule that defines the cooldown... but that will make it a lot harder for other mods to balance around Carnalitas, since they'll have to take a lot of possible configurations of Make Love into account.

6 hours ago, ptp190 said:

Could there be a decision in the game rules to remove the limit of how many prostitutes you can have?

The limit is there for game balance concerns. I don't think there's a point in adding a game rule to change the limit, since it would be crazy overpowered and also make it increasingly frustrating to micromanage all the prostitutes in your stable.

It's possible that a heavily prostitution-focused submod could rework the system and add more automation, bookkeeping and such. That would be an interesting gameplay mod for super in-depth prostitution-based runs. However, I don't have any plans to change the base framework system, because it adequately fulfills the pimping fantasy for most playthroughs, while not adding too much extra micromanagement for players to worry about.

3 hours ago, Cheri Song said:

It has been reduced to 1 year. I felt this was a good compromise between "reducing clicks" and "appeasing people who want to have sex-focused gameplay."

If there is significant pushback on this I can add a separate game rule that defines the cooldown... but that will make it a lot harder for other mods to balance around Carnalitas, since they'll have to take a lot of possible configurations of Make Love into account.

The limit is there for game balance concerns. I don't think there's a point in adding a game rule to change the limit, since it would be crazy overpowered and also make it increasingly frustrating to micromanage all the prostitutes in your stable.

It's possible that a heavily prostitution-focused submod could rework the system and add more automation, bookkeeping and such. That would be an interesting gameplay mod for super in-depth prostitution-based runs. However, I don't have any plans to change the base framework system, because it adequately fulfills the pimping fantasy for most playthroughs, while not adding too much extra micromanagement for players to worry about.

I understand. I ran into the issue already where courtiers would wonder. It's a significant amount of gold too. Also I noticed how fast STD's could spread. It became very...chaotic. however, I did noticed I drew a realm much faster which was helpful. So im thankful for that. I like playing tall as opposed to wide. I think one thing I want to see if if you put prostitutes on house arrest, do they still make an income or contribute. 

14 hours ago, Reokys said:

Is it possible to make slaves wear prison uniforms or be naked?

I second this. Although for glamor purposes, I just add the ragged jail looking clothes. There are mods that address nakedness. But I think something is wrong with mine. I can undress them but there's no function to tell them to put their clothes back on. Not sure what happened or if I installed a conflicting mod. But it used to work where you could undress and tell them to put their clothes back on

17 hours ago, lotoo123 said:

guys i feel so dumb but somehow this mod not working for me i've been trying to activate this mod but i can't :((

Did you make the same mistake I did and not realize you need to turn on its features in the game rules? Also, are you also using Carnalitas Mundi?

2 hours ago, Dora123321 said:

When my female character tried to use the "make love" interaction with her husband, it does not work and shows this message - "NOT_IS_ATTRACTED_TO_TRIGGER". Are there any things I am missing? Thank you!! 

Is your character a lesbian? They can't use Make Love to husband. Not sure if you get same message if you are straight but husband is gay

Is there a way to lay with your prisoners or seduce them in this mod?

The vanilla ck3 doesn't even allow seduction on your prisoners, which is kinda annoying, as it has many times come to mind impregnate your enemy's wife that is your prisoner and send back to  enlarge the reach of your spawn...

Another thing the game desperately needs is a negative cuckold-trait, as currently the AI-rulers are too eager to announce to the world of your unfaithfulness with their wife, especially as a viking raider, which strangely gives only you mallus with your wife. In reality no noble would have declared their cuckoldness easily and when they would, it would have been in a situation where they can start chopping heads of those responsible...

19 hours ago, Atrocide said:

Is there a way to lay with your prisoners or seduce them in this mod?

The vanilla ck3 doesn't even allow seduction on your prisoners, which is kinda annoying, as it has many times come to mind impregnate your enemy's wife that is your prisoner and send back to  enlarge the reach of your spawn...

Hi! Currently playing a game with your mod, and I have a question regarding the slavery system. Is it intentional that my ruler need a reason to execute someone before the enslavement? I have a prisoner of evil faith, my faith allows having slave of hostile and evil faiths, and now I have to kindly ask them if they are willing to be my slaves, or they must be a criminals, why? Why would I care about their opinion about me? Those of hostile or evil faith most of the time don't like me. Maybe I am missing something? 

24 minutes ago, Cheri Song said:

This is most likely because you have the game rule that requires consent.

Feel dumb now. Thank you for your reply. I just checked my save file rules, and apparently I missclicked and didn't even notice that. Going for some save editing now.

Minor bug: When a character tries to make love but is not sexually attracted to their partner (e.g., gay person married to opposite-gendered person), the message reads "NOT_IS_ATTRACTED_TO_TRIGGER" rather than something more flavourful.

I have not yet tested the interaction when the character has multiple partneres, one of whome they are attracted do.

16 hours ago, kalleklovn said:

Minor bug: When a character tries to make love but is not sexually attracted to their partner (e.g., gay person married to opposite-gendered person), the message reads "NOT_IS_ATTRACTED_TO_TRIGGER" rather than something more flavourful.

I have not yet tested the interaction when the character has multiple partneres, one of whome they are attracted do.

My character is a lesbian married to a man. She has now become lovers with another woman.

Clicking the "Make love" button in the notifications defaults to attempting to make love to her husband (fair enough), and clicking the button to do it gives the text "NOT_IS_ATTRACTED_TO_TRIGGER" since she is not attracted to her husband.

Manually selecting her female lover and selecting "Make love" from that character's list of interactions works as expected.

So not exactly a game-breaking bug, merely a slight failure to provide relevant text to the user.