General discussion

So can we can get an answer please from those who assured us that modsgarden would be back soon? Could those who claimed that the site would be back online soon clarify/detail/be accurate or should we treat modsgarden as gone?

If it is dead then we need to move on and rebuild. There might be some hope of getting uploads from their database but at the moment it seems that the site admins don't really give much of a shit for their members and more importantly their contributors.

A quick re-request. I still need Beta Testers who used my old "OutfitSwapper" utility (for TK17 v7.5) to test my new "OutfitSwapper VX".

If there is no interest in the project, can I assume there's no interest in the utility?  :(

(For those unfamiliar with "OutfitSwapper", it's a utility that eliminates the 80/200 save-slot limit by allowing you to back up your saves, overwrite the slots, and then restore them later as needed.)

8 hours ago, hdiddy said:

I guess my simple question is how do old members help to bring things up?  I ask this because members like OZ70NYC has offered multiple times better hosting options as he does this as his day job however he has not made much headway.  The only thing old members really have is their content.  Old members cannot magically come together and do a care bear stare and will the Garden back up again. What old members can do is start to upload their content to an area where people can find it.  I think a lot of people really wanted a new site with more features space etc.  However how do you do that? Do you just have someone else take on what Mora did? What happens if they get sick of the game and they disappear like Mora did?

This is the reason hosted sites like LL or others tend to work, because there is a type of continuity of administration that moves on regardless if for example I decide to be like I'm out of here.  I'm sure the admins have ways of moving ownership to somebody else based on specific protocols.  Is it the best? No it is not.  But being in a community with the 2 largest secx mod communities Sims 4 and SkyRim may have it's benefits of bringing new blood into the community.

Well we can't do anything without Mora's consent/support, that's true.  I suppose a simple answer would be many of us have, in general, more money - and I'm not sure if this will happen again, but spreading the admin rights amongst many people would be the first step.  The main point is we have lost ALOT of data/information and we NEED to get it back.  Period.  I really don't care how it's done, only that it's done.  Being HERE at LL is still being at the mercy of people who have a bad habit of unnecessary censorship and the will of the mob.  Something I'm not interested in pursuing, especially in this unfortunate era.  The Garden is freedom (within a few obvious constraints), and I don't want that taken away. 

I also think that many of the older members still have that spirit that we need to continue. 

38 minutes ago, Foggydew1 said:

Well we can't do anything without Mora's consent/support, that's true.  I suppose a simple answer would be many of us have, in general, more money - and I'm not sure if this will happen again, but spreading the admin rights amongst many people would be the first step.  The main point is we have lost ALOT of data/information and we NEED to get it back.  Period.  I really don't care how it's done, only that it's done.  Being HERE at LL is still being at the mercy of people who have a bad habit of unnecessary censorship and the will of the mob.  Something I'm not interested in pursuing, especially in this unfortunate era.  The Garden is freedom (within a few obvious constraints), and I don't want that taken away. 

I also think that many of the older members still have that spirit that we need to continue. 

Totally agree, but some may argue the Garden was turning into that in which you detest.

4 hours ago, bogbrush said:

So can we can get an answer please from those who assured us that modsgarden would be back soon? Could those who claimed that the site would be back online soon clarify/detail/be accurate or should we treat modsgarden as gone?

If it is dead then we need to move on and rebuild. There might be some hope of getting uploads from their database but at the moment it seems that the site admins don't really give much of a shit for their members and more importantly their contributors.

I'm going to assume someone is working on it, but I have no clue as I'm not part of the admins on the Garden.  Just a concerned user willing to put some work in to keep the community alive.  That said @OysterMugdid mention in earlier the domain has been renewed so good sign some progress has been made.  However nobody in the know has provided any updates so everything is speculation.

13 hours ago, hdiddy said:

Totally agree, but some may argue the Garden was turning into that in which you detest.

Yah, that's for sure.  Frankly, I blame the admin for that because when it's all said and done - I think they are of that ilk.  LOL, on second thought, maybe we do just need to start over HAH!

17 hours ago, bogbrush said:

I received one PM from K17 but nothing thereafter and it's been several days.  It's possible they are dealing with some personal issues that is taking priority over this - I have no idea.  Frankly, and I hate to say this - I'm treating the Garden as dead until I hear otherwise.  Might be wise to go ahead and start a new board and gather refugees there.  That's just my opinion - I'm not really in favor of staying here.

20 hours ago, bogbrush said:

Please check your PM.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, pes1972 said:

I agree, it´s time you give us all some info K17, if you know anything about what is happening.

Believe us, if we knew anything you would be the first to be inform.

The only person that knows anything is Morotaika, and she is MIA.

Hi.

I'm member since forever (from start to VX) in Mods Garden.

Something more serious than usual is happening now. About a month the site is offline and now is redirecting to aliexpress.com (http://modsgarden.cc/index.php).

Who knows the administrator(s) contact, please check if they need help to recover the site functions.

I contacted Perkov and he don't have a clue about this.

16 minutes ago, Edmor_t said:

Hi.

I'm member since forever (from start to VX) in Mods Garden.

Something more serious than usual is happening now. About a month the site is offline and now is redirecting to aliexpress.com (http://modsgarden.cc/index.php).

Who knows the administrator(s) contact, please check if they need help to recover the site functions.

I contacted Perkov and he don't have a clue about this.

Please read comments before writing a new one. In fact, why even like K17 post in the first place? ?

5 hours ago, Number251137 said:

... And our survey says...? Ding Ding Ding!

Seriously, I'm curious to know why all the secrecy. 

I was asked (by PM rather than in this thread) to follow up on the indication of starting a new forum that would be be modded by some well known MG figures. The first suggestion was only that I pay for the hosting and have no editorial input and allow paid links. No go for me. Second suggestion was that I could be a fellow mod and that unnamed others, with no detail provided, were happy to help finance a new board. Have others been PM'd too?

I'm sure those people have the best intentions but this is the internet and I'm sorry to say I'm not willing to just take anything on trust; we have no means of getting access to the MG database and preserving people's hard work and creations for TK17.

We've also been told by others "in the know" that there would be no problem with MG and it would be online soon, while others claim that only one mod - motoraika - is resposnsible for the whole set up at MG and has gone missing. The info is contradictory and doesn't sit right with me.

Sorry to say (because I miss MG despite its many faults) I'm not going to be the fool who throws my money at this until we have a truthful and complete account of what is going on (and access to the original database - whole thing would be pointless otherwise).

36 minutes ago, bogbrush said:

We've also been told by others "in the know" that there would be no problem with MG and it would be online soon, while others claim that only one mod - motoraika - is resposnsible for the whole set up at MG and has gone missing. The info is contradictory and doesn't sit right with me.

I mean, a couple of posts before yours and someone "in the know" practically said that motoraika is missing. Here is the comment:

2 hours ago, _K17_ said:

So if anything, its been contradictory statements from people that are "in the know".

So the rest of people that are speculating, you can't blame them because, how else can you process these statements. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it 50/50 at this point. If they are saying its coming back, they are partially right. But they are also right to say that its dead.

To further Smoke's point, all we can do at this stage is sit and wait. In the meantime, instead of making baseless speculations and hot takes on when MG will be up again, how about we folk start contributing to the threads where folk are trying to organize a database of the temporarily lost MG content, hmmm? Or start adding to the media section so that Smoke, HDiddy and myself aren't the main folk populating it.

In other words...the show must go on. So let's get the show on the road. We're here on LL now. Make the most of it.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:51 PM, _K17_ said:

Let me ask you something - now that we're here at the end of all things.  What do you know about Morotaika?  Why didn't she ask for help if she needed it?   Can you please speculate as to why she might be MIA? 

41 minutes ago, Foggydew1 said:

Let me ask you something - now that we're here at the end of all things.  What do you know about Morotaika?  Why didn't she ask for help if she needed it?   Can you please speculate as to why she might be MIA? 

MG already experienced two crashes that took down the site for more than a week just in the past few months.

Crash #3 may have reached her "Fk It!" point.