15 minutes ago, valeforgery said:

@Monoman1 I made a personal patch for your 5.2 version, and part of it was a quick editing pass over the text for things like spelling/grammar errors or consistency across different dialogue options. Would you be interested in a copy of those changes? It's not going to be perfect, but I think I remember you mentioning previously that some lines needed correcting, so it might cover some of the things that you noticed there.

If you want to post it I'll take a look. At least your timing is good. Have touched the esp since I posted 5.2. Too god damned hot here to be modding. 

How did you make the edits? TesEdit or CK?

4 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

If you want to post it I'll take a look. At least your timing is good. Have touched the esp since I posted 5.2. Too god damned hot here to be modding. 

How did you make the edits? TesEdit or CK?

I copied all the records with text as overrides into a new esp with xEdit, and then I used xTranslator to make the actual changes. (You can do it as direct esp edits with xTranslator as well, I just wanted to be able to compare back and forth.) It'll take me a little bit to make sure I clear out any other changes I had to make for compatibility, but I'll post the file here when I've checked it over.

15 minutes ago, Desvati said:

I had actually done the same, though it was just direct esp edits in xEdit. I had been wondering how to make it easier to carry forward between versions.

Dialogue edits can be a bit of a pain to implement. Especially if I've been editing/bug fixing in between because I have to start comparing esps and check script fragments and conditions. Fortunately, now is a good time since I haven't changed anything since posting 5.2. Due to a combination of no time and it being too hot here. As long as there's been no modifying of the topic info's etc it should be fine. 

40 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Dialogue edits can be a bit of a pain to implement. Especially if I've been editing/bug fixing in between because I have to start comparing esps and check script fragments and conditions. Fortunately, now is a good time since I haven't changed anything since posting 5.2. Due to a combination of no time and it being too hot here. As long as there's been no modifying of the topic info's etc it should be fine. 

Yeah, I've only touched the dialogue itself. Should be able to post up my version after work!

@Monoman1 Using the LAL line to start the Quest / Mod doesn't complete the LAL start up quest it sits in your journal.  

My test using a 'full list' of mods caused an interesting issue.  The only save that is loadable is the initial one back in the LAL cave.  Any saves after trying to start the mod are automatically corrupt.  Is it because the quest was never finished?

It "attempts"  to load the save but I spawn hairless with a random tattoo I didn't have and no quests in log except LALs then the game crashes shortly after.  I've been able to consistently get it to do this.  Including  using a minimal list after noticing the issue the first time.  (wartimes and every mod currently related to it.  YPS, sexlab PAH etc)

I ran out of time yesterday, but im going to try having LAL spawn me somewhere randomly and then using the MCM to start Wartimes to see if this resolves the issue.  I suspect the issue relates to that being left up because just before crash i get start up messages as if the load is New Game from mods that are already initialized.

Here's the patch I mentioned. It mostly covers dialogue, but there's a couple of message boxes and activators and such as well. The changes are purely to the text, and contained within each individual dialogue topic/info, so nothing's been moved around or connected to something else, and all the script fragments should be totally untouched. The main things are punctuation changes, adding contractions when they felt more natural to me, and making the symbols and pronouns used when describing actions in dialogue more consistent.

To be slightly more specific on that last bit, I made it so that every time a character's tone is described with one or two words, it's in parentheses, so things like "(angrily) Words words words." and so on. When someone's doing something and it's being described, it's in square brackets, and if it's the player character, it's in second person. For example, "[You do a thing.]" If a word needs to be emphasised, it's done with asterisks rather than capslock (mostly because I find capslock harder to read...).

There are still some places where I think it's not always consistent, like sometimes it'll be "favor" and other times it'll be "favour", things like that, but it's a start. Because it was originally just for my own use, there are a couple of lines that are changed more than the others, because I just liked that version better, but since it's done as overrides you can easily compare the original with what I changed it too.

Edit: One other thing I forgot to mention - I changed the lines of dialogue that mention where Mother has been sent for healing, because initially Father will say he sent her to Whiterun's healers but then when I found her in Dragonsreach my character still said that she was supposed to have been sent to Cyrodiil, so now some of them are a bit more vague about where she's supposed to be.

pchsWartimesTextEdits.esp

Edited by valeforgery
2 hours ago, lorddenorstrus said:

@Monoman1 Using the LAL line to start the Quest / Mod doesn't complete the LAL start up quest it sits in your journal.  

My test using a 'full list' of mods caused an interesting issue.  The only save that is loadable is the initial one back in the LAL cave.  Any saves after trying to start the mod are automatically corrupt.  Is it because the quest was never finished?

It "attempts"  to load the save but I spawn hairless with a random tattoo I didn't have and no quests in log except LALs then the game crashes shortly after.  I've been able to consistently get it to do this.  Including  using a minimal list after noticing the issue the first time.  (wartimes and every mod currently related to it.  YPS, sexlab PAH etc)

I ran out of time yesterday, but im going to try having LAL spawn me somewhere randomly and then using the MCM to start Wartimes to see if this resolves the issue.  I suspect the issue relates to that being left up because just before crash i get start up messages as if the load is New Game from mods that are already initialized.

Yes, I realized very similar issue on LAL. (I am using Converted 5.2 SE  version of Silvain)

1. Second life Job line never goes away after I start the wartime quest. 

2. The tattoo was failed to be applied due to absence of tattoo.

3. Then MILK mod was called without producing MILK bottle to give Father. Dialog was give to give him milk. But MILK bottle was not there. When PC goes out side to produce milk, milking station is gone.

4. When PC comes back to home, father was angry and made the quest failed. Game screen goes black and crashed. 

5. I also notice that, at the game beginning there are no hard core option with horse/Hound/Jazeem/Gerald guard and so on.

But, after more intensive service, Father gave her more option for adult. 

So, game changed lot from 4.2/4.9 version. I played all with SE conversion.

4 hours ago, lorddenorstrus said:

Sorry but I can't recreate this. Yes, the LAL quest doesn't forward but I'm nearly sure it'll fix itself when you read the journal. Yes, I'll look into it.

Is it causing save corruption? I highly, highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, Samson Nite said:

2. The tattoo was failed to be applied due to absence of tattoo.

What tattoo? :S

1 hour ago, Samson Nite said:

Game screen goes black and crashed.

Most likely you got thrown out of the home. Some people are really impatient and think the game has crashed but you're just being moved outside and there's no load screen, so it looks as if it's frozen. If you are actually crashing then I can't recreate that either. 

Edited by Monoman1
On 7/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Monoman1 said:

Slave must be wearing a leash collar. Only one slot currently. Probably bump it up to maybe 3 eventually.

Which one is the required leash collar?

Tried Zaz's DD5.0's PAH's but the message still showed 'need a leash collar to assign'

Maybe I should use DD4.0?

12 minutes ago, dayangvvv said:

Which one is the required leash collar?

Tried Zaz's DD5.0's PAH's but the message still showed 'need a leash collar to assign'

Maybe I should use DD4.0?

Pahs leash collar.

Must be equipped on the slave before assigning. 

Stops them from running off the minute your back is turned

On 7/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, valeforgery said:

Here's the patch I mentioned.

Since I was a little late on getting mine in, I threw yours in for comparison and there's a lot that we did the same on certain parts of dialogue and a lot that's not.

Main differences I could catch: I normalised references to the PC's father and mother (referring to both the same way instead of one formal and one informal/slang). I left most of the "action" dialogue in its original bracket form but made them all consistent outside of the Favour checks which I left as they were. I tried to add some additional flavour to certain dialogue, particularly around the mundane tasks like food and drink so it doesn't feel as same-y as quickly. Like your version, there are a few dialogue choices I made for personal taste (it looks like we both think sodomy is about as sexy a term as sand paper), particularly in referencing the PC as a "daughterslut" at some points. The biggest one, of course is that your version is easier to compare as it was done overrides while mine is just direct .esp edits (I honestly don't know how to do the former, I'm pretty clearly new on this side of modding). Judging by the fact our edits are both .esps though, that just leaves the script text boxes in their original form, which I'm a little hesitant to touch!

pchsWartimes.esp

8 hours ago, Desvati said:

Since I was a little late on getting mine in, I threw yours in for comparison and there's a lot that we did the same on certain parts of dialogue and a lot that's not.

Main differences I could catch: I normalised references to the PC's father and mother (referring to both the same way instead of one formal and one informal/slang). I left most of the "action" dialogue in its original bracket form but made them all consistent outside of the Favour checks which I left as they were. I tried to add some additional flavour to certain dialogue, particularly around the mundane tasks like food and drink so it doesn't feel as same-y as quickly. Like your version, there are a few dialogue choices I made for personal taste (it looks like we both think sodomy is about as sexy a term as sand paper), particularly in referencing the PC as a "daughterslut" at some points. The biggest one, of course is that your version is easier to compare as it was done overrides while mine is just direct .esp edits (I honestly don't know how to do the former, I'm pretty clearly new on this side of modding). Judging by the fact our edits are both .esps though, that just leaves the script text boxes in their original form, which I'm a little hesitant to touch!

pchsWartimes.esp 652.73 kB · 3 downloads

I took the liberty of merging our changes together - I hope you don't mind! I like the extra flavour you've added to a lot of the lines. (And yeah, "sodomy" is a distinctly unsexy term, in my opinion, haha.)

With the PC's mother and father, I figured it was showing a difference in relationship, like she was closer to her mother and so would call her "Ma" normally and "Mama" when particularly upset or worried, whereas she'd called him "Father" normally and then "Daddy" deeper in the story progression when she's trying to make him happy or get him to forgive her for something.

I didn't touch the scripted message boxes - I think at least one will still say that the mother is at a healing house in Whiterun, rather than Cyrodiil.

@Monoman1 Here's a combined version of the two rewrites, as a patch for the original .esp. Also, I noticed while playing that a lot of the lines that have idle animations attached are playing when the speaking (Father or a party guest) is sitting down, which makes them snap immediately into doing the idle anim while standing on top of the chair. I don't know whether there's any way to deal with that other than just removing the animations entirely, though.

pchsWartimes_TextEdits_v2.esp

21 hours ago, executaball said:

I've just finished my voice pack for Wartimes Tweak v5.2 (SE and LE).

Good work :)

Aahhh.... how difficult is the process?

Call it a case of perfect timing but I've been submitted dialogue edits to implement...

1 hour ago, valeforgery said:

I took the liberty of merging our changes together - I hope you don't mind! I like the extra flavour you've added to a lot of the lines. (And yeah, "sodomy" is a distinctly unsexy term, in my opinion, haha.)

With the PC's mother and father, I figured it was showing a difference in relationship, like she was closer to her mother and so would call her "Ma" normally and "Mama" when particularly upset or worried, whereas she'd called him "Father" normally and then "Daddy" deeper in the story progression when she's trying to make him happy or get him to forgive her for something.

I didn't touch the scripted message boxes - I think at least one will still say that the mother is at a healing house in Whiterun, rather than Cyrodiil.

@Monoman1 Here's a combined version of the two rewrites, as a patch for the original .esp. Also, I noticed while playing that a lot of the lines that have idle animations attached are playing when the speaking (Father or a party guest) is sitting down, which makes them snap immediately into doing the idle anim while standing on top of the chair. I don't know whether there's any way to deal with that other than just removing the animations entirely, though.

pchsWartimes_TextEdits_v2.esp 286.81 kB · 0 downloads

If @Monoman1 decides to use this to create a new version of the tweak patch I'll get to redoing the dialogue voice pack. ^^

9 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Good work :)

Aahhh.... how difficult is the process?

Call it a case of perfect timing but I've been submitted dialogue edits to implement...

It's no problem, I can redo the voices after you release the patched dialogue update.

Edited by executaball
2 hours ago, executaball said:

It's no problem, I can redo the voices after you release the patched dialogue update.

Great.

4 hours ago, valeforgery said:

I noticed while playing that a lot of the lines that have idle animations attached are playing when the speaking (Father or a party guest) is sitting down, which makes them snap immediately into doing the idle anim while standing on top of the chair. I don't know whether there's any way to deal with that other than just removing the animations entirely, though.

Yea I've noticed Father jumping up to stand on chairs occasionally. It's a bit annoying but I'm not sure I'll do anything about it. Pchs took a lot of time and effort to configure all the idles and moods etc and mostly it works well. 

Ideally there should be conditions on the idle animation that prevent it from playing while sitting or in furniture. Many idles do. Again it's a case of bethesda being sloppy. And I'm not sure it'd be within the scope of this mod to add conditions...

Edit: I've added a condition to what I think are the most common culprit idles. Hopefully it doesn't cause any complications.

Edited by Monoman1
9 hours ago, valeforgery said:

Hell yeah, that's dope! Glad I could contribute in some way! :D

As for the relationship stuff, while I agree that that's what it was trying to convey, the complete shift between the two is super jarring. Referring to father strictly formally while using slang contractions like "ma'" with mother is a little nonsensical to me. I would've went with mum (or mom, I guess) but chose to go with mother instead since it feels a little more natural for TES.