On 3/13/2022 at 9:52 AM, Kharos said:

As far as I can see KillNoWait is for the SE version of PO3, while InstantKill is for the LE version of PO3.

Pretty much that. No Idea why in the world they did that, but both functions do the exact same thing in their respective versions.
Accepting an additional line in the papyrus log seemed like an lesser evil than trying to implement a distinction.

On 3/12/2022 at 8:05 PM, markdf said:
if PO3_SKSEFunctions.HasDeferredKill(victim)
		victim.EndDeferredKill()
	endIf

Does deferred kill actually prevent death by scripts?

I might be wrong here, but I thought deferred kill just prevents death due to health reaching zero.

34 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

Does deferred kill actually prevent death by scripts?

I might be wrong here, but I thought deferred kill just prevents death due to health reaching zero.

Complete mistake on my part. I was trying to debug some cases where your mod wasn't working and seemed like deferredkill was causing it. Turns it out it was quest-alias-essential flags, put in place by the same mod that was setting deferredkill.

So, it might be another mod (though I'm not sure what mod), but when the hanging starts my entire UI goes hidden so I don't see text like the little notices on the top left that are visible in your screenshots. Do you know what kind of mod that might be so I can start trying to look though the mess I have to figure it out, or is that intentional? I have a similar issue with the Riften hanging where once on the stool, I can't zoom in or out and the camera fully locks on death.

Otherwise, well done with the additions!

1 hour ago, Underlorb said:

Hello. Which console mods do you recommend for place FURN for folks without Creative Kit? I can't seem to place anything with the current commands.

I would install:

Jaxonz Positioner (Nexus)

Cell Builder (Nexus)

jump into:

Demo Location

-outside of the regular world.

type the following into your console

"coc pamaTestZone"

Save all furniture with Cell builder and go out into the world to share the PAMA love by spawning the furniture via Cell Builder and adjust placement with Jaxonz Positioner.

1. use the console/placement mod to spawn one of these.

2. For Furniture with activators (i.e. Garotte, some Racks, ....) you need to attack the main Furniture first to spawn in the remaining parts. (if it doesnt work first time, keep trying)

Edited by donttouchmethere

For some reason it doesn't show your Mod in the MCM even though I can still go to the test zone. Unless this is NEW new. I'll give those above ideas a shot though.

Is Cell Builder LE only? Can't find anything for SE.

I had the oldest version downloaded. Go easy on me :( I'm new to this.

Edited by Underlorb
On 3/14/2022 at 10:26 PM, LD5 said:

So, it might be another mod (though I'm not sure what mod), but when the hanging starts my entire UI goes hidden so I don't see text like the little notices on the top left that are visible in your screenshots. Do you know what kind of mod that might be so I can start trying to look though the mess I have to figure it out, or is that intentional? I have a similar issue with the Riften hanging where once on the stool, I can't zoom in or out and the camera fully locks on death.

Otherwise, well done with the additions!

The UI going invisible is a side effect of disabled player controls. Nothing i can do about it.

going into free camera mode will restore it however.

But in both cases, debug notifications on the upper left corner should always be visible. If you cant see them, thats likely caused by another mod.

Camera locking on death is normal, too. Its a vanilla thing. maybe one of the free camera deathcam mods can do something about this...

On 3/14/2022 at 8:04 PM, markdf said:

Complete mistake on my part. I was trying to debug some cases where your mod wasn't working and seemed like deferredkill was causing it. Turns it out it was quest-alias-essential flags, put in place by the same mod that was setting deferredkill.

Any weird behavior for these character on your side? For me, they will usually just stay unconscious. (unless they come with scripts)

On 3/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, Candyboi99 said:

1. The Ball gag is invisible on my pc, but I can still hear sound

the ball gags .nif file is part of DeviousDevicesAssets.esm

no Idea why t.ara decided to define a zap item with exernal nif files.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, Candyboi99 said:

2. I turned the face overlay to 0 but it conflicts with Blush When Aroused since that mod needs 2 overlays slot to work

leaving face overlays on will result in CTD when getting beheaded. Nothing I can do about it.

you have to decide between red head / no head

On 3/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, Flegmenth said:

The victim of being hanged by gallow is the only corpse I can move through Jaxon.That's amazing!

Interesting, but not overly surprising. An Actor is just another objectrefence after all. Regular corpses might be resistant to this due to being in Ragdoll-state.

(I think you create a non-actor to replace the corpse, then move the invisible corpse to other place?)

Nope, no trickery involved. what you see is the actual actor. Powerofthrees´s allows you to kill kill characters without breaking their animations.

When choosing hanged with loosing feet animation, the corpse struggles strange, seems stuck by an invisible collision

need Image or video to verify

And, maybe mentioned in front, but my character won't killed by chopping block and guillotine and stuck in scenario. My character dies normally in other ways. Due to other deathcamera mod?

more likely caused by a death alternative or defeat-like mod.

On 3/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, Kharos said:

Interestingly the outcome for my follower was technically worse, without the papyrus extender she was "hanging around" unconscious at the gallows, with the papyrus extender she "glitched out" when she was supposed to die (playing the "injured" animation in mid air) and when I entered Riften she teleported to my side.

Is this some weird scripted follower, or a framework handled one?

It might be beneficial to detect NPCs who are not able to die even with powerofthree's functions and handle them in an alternate way by setting them unconscious.

the only really reliable way of doing this test is by trying to kill them. and this atemt alone is often enough to cause issues. I already have a system like this in place, and it works for "regular" immortal NPC´s. But as soon as characters have their own op scripts attached, there isnt much i can do...

This time her equipped armor was unequipped consistently when leaving Riften

This is by design. will propably ad an option for that later.

What is the best way for other mods to detect that a NPC is handled by your mod and should not be modified

no universal way. most devices dont use packages or factions.

and to be honest, Im not sure if it would make sense to add something like that.

As already mentioned, most problems arise when follower creators want to make their character "shpeschial" and give them scripted superpowers.

Anyway, please do not take my observations as criticism.

No worries :). I'm really grateful you went through the effort of writing such a detailed report. I really need feedback like this to improve my stuff.

16 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Is this some weird scripted follower, or a framework handled one?

I was testing with Serana. As a mod author myself, Serana is the most annoying NPC ever in the game, her logic is set up completely different than that of any other NPC. I had to add extra logic to my own mod for handling her. I am also using Nether's follower framework in addition, the teleport was probably because of that. Yeah I know that I am giving your mod a hard time, I am doing that on purpose  ?.

In any case, thinking about it again - if you want to "fix" similar situations, the easiest way is probably to check whether the NPC is dead after trying to kill them and switch to the non-lethal path (have the rope break) if the NPC survived their execution.

16 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

no universal way. most devices dont use packages or factions.

and to be honest, Im not sure if it would make sense to add something like that.

Ok, your call. I know that you stated that DD is not compatible with your mod, so my mod might just not be compatible either.

Some more background: I recently added detection for DD contraptions to my mod to prevent my mod from breaking animations of NPCs who are in DD furnitures (my mod can cause a re-evaluation of the FNIS animations, unfortunately this terminates any currently running idles). If you add a simple way for me to detect NPCs that are in executions from papyrus, I might add a check for it too. No idea if anybody else would find that interesting or not. The most easy way would probably be a dedicated faction: Add an "is in execution" faction to your esp, add NPC to the faction when you start handling the NPC, remove NPC from faction when you stop handing the NPC.

[Edit] Or if you already depend on StorageUtil, add/remove a flag that can be queried using StorageUtil.

Edited by Kharos
On 3/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, Kharos said:

Some more background: I recently added detection for DD contraptions to my mod to prevent my mod from breaking animations of NPCs who are in DD furnitures (my mod can cause a re-evaluation of the FNIS animations, unfortunately this terminates any currently running idles). If you add a simple way for me to detect NPCs that are in executions from papyrus, I might add a check for it too. No idea if anybody else would find that interesting or not. The most easy way would probably be a dedicated faction: Add an "is in execution" faction to your esp, add NPC to the faction when you start handling the NPC, remove NPC from faction when you stop handing the NPC.

Ok, how about this: I added a global function you can call.

pamaFurniture_API.pamaIsInFurniture(actor victim)

will return true if the passed in actor is currently inside a device and schould not be messed with.

its only a placeholder right now, so it does compile if you use that call, but i will implement a working check for the next update

pamaFurniture_API.psc

pamaFurniture_API.pex

11 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Ok, how about this: I added a global function you can call.

pamaFurniture_API.pamaIsInFurniture(actor victim)

will return true if the passed in actor is currently inside a device and schould not be messed with.

its only a placeholder right now, so it does compile if you use that call, but i will implement a working check for the next update

pamaFurniture_API.psc 225 B · 0 downloads

pamaFurniture_API.pex 675 B · 0 downloads

Ok, that should work too ?.

Seem to be having a strange problem. If the hanged NPC is naked, if I leave the cell and return, they're suddenly wearing their default weapons/some of their default outfit gear. I assume this is probably an effect of the mod auto unequipping NPCs on cell change? Either way, something is causing the dead NPCs to suddenly have weapons or boots when they didn't have before, which is... jarring?

If possible, it would also be nice to have a toggle for whether or not an NPC is killed off screen or not when you leave the cell.

Edited by Lute
1 hour ago, Lute said:

Seem to be having a strange problem. If the hanged NPC is naked, if I leave the cell and return, they're suddenly wearing their default weapons/some of their default outfit gear. I assume this is probably an effect of the mod auto unequipping NPCs on cell change? Either way, something is causing the dead NPCs to suddenly have weapons or boots when they didn't have before, which is... jarring?

If possible, it would also be nice to have a toggle for whether or not an NPC is killed off screen or not when you leave the cell.

It is possible that the resurrect function modifies the equipment of the NPC (e.g. it reapplies the outfit). I have seen similar effects when testing the resurrect function on Fallout 4.

23 minutes ago, Kharos said:

It is possible that the resurrect function modifies the equipment of the NPC (e.g. it reapplies the outfit). I have seen similar effects when testing the resurrect function on Fallout 4.

Duh, that's the problem, thanks. Just as I was wondering why commenting out unequip slot 32 in the script wasn't helping, lol. Still rather annoying though, guess I'll need a mod that wipes out default inventories/outfits.

Ok, something with this mod is *seriously* bloating my Papyrus logs. After several minutes idling in game with a bunch of NPCs strung up, I get a ton of these messages in my logs:

[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] Dumping stack 8516778:
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Frame count: 0 (Page count: 0)
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	State: Waiting on other stack for call (Freeze state: Freezing)
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Type: Normal
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Return register: None
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Has stack callback: No
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Stack trace:
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 		[ (FF0015C3)].pamaRopeTrackingController.OnTranslationAlmostComplete() - (requested call)
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] Dumping stack 7730416:
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Frame count: 2 (Page count: 2)
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	State: Waiting on other stack for return (Freeze state: Freezing)
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Type: Normal
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Return register: 4.434570
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Has stack callback: No
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 	Stack trace:
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 		[ (FF00154C)].pamaRope_XOffsetTracker.getOffset_X() - "pamaRope_XOffsetTracker.psc" Line ?
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			IP: 0	Instruction: 0
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 		[ (FF00154C)].pamaRopeTrackingController.OnUpdate() - "pamaRopeTrackingController.psc" Line ?
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			IP: 106	Instruction: 3
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp13]: 0.000000
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp14]: 0.000000
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp15]: 0.000000
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp16]: 0.000000
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp17]: 0.000000
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::NoneVar]: None
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp10]: 50.159302
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp11]: None
[03/26/2022 - 05:33:58PM] 			[::temp12]: False

My Papyrus log file is 200mb!

On 3/26/2022 at 10:54 PM, Lute said:

Ok, something with this mod is *seriously* bloating my Papyrus logs. After several minutes idling in game with a bunch of NPCs strung up, I get a ton of these messages in my logs:

The tracking script which makes the rope follow the victims neck is rather script heavy. It should however stop as soon as the victim dies or you leave the cell.

Did you tinker with the scripts, or is this default behavior?