1 hour ago, Pamatronic said:

The tracking script which makes the rope follow the victims neck is rather script heavy. It should however stop as soon as the victim dies or you leave the cell.

Did you tinker with the scripts, or is this default behavior?

Not an answer to your question obviously, but: Taking a look at pamaRopeTrackingController.psc I noticed that there is a single place where you are calling registerForUpdate - all other places are using registerForSingleUpdate. Is that on purpose (the one place calling registerForUpdate) or is it a mental auto-complete error?

Hi, this mod is amazing, never thought you could immersively execute people in skyrim using a Guilloutine.

A small problem with the Guilloutine is that the victim becomes bald (hair disappears) upon the execution. This maybe a problem with skyrim itself?

For gallows I also encountered the bug that victim floats in the air after death when using the "legs free" animation, "legs together" works perfect.

Would be nice to make all devices removable as the gallows.

Edited by jr902441
On 3/28/2022 at 12:25 PM, Pamatronic said:

The tracking script which makes the rope follow the victims neck is rather script heavy. It should however stop as soon as the victim dies or you leave the cell.

Did you tinker with the scripts, or is this default behavior?

Yeah. Very minor edits to pamaPersistentGallows.psc, I swapped victim.UnequipItemSlot(32) for victim.removeallitems. Would be strange if that had anything to do with it. The log bloat doesn't seem to happen consistently, though, and only most commonly if I set up and use a bunch of gallows outdoors in the Skyrim worldspace. Indoors seems fine.

I am having difficulties with getting the message box (to Cut Down or search the NPC's body) to fire when an NPC dies on the gallows with a magiceffect from another mod active, though. It only lets me search the NPC and not cut them down, though occasionally I still get the message box. I'm trying to debug that to make a compatibility patch, but I can't figure out how that box actually fires. Could you please clarify how the mod/script displays the message that lets you cut down or search the NPC? All the other message boxes work fine-- as far as I can tell, something is just getting the way of the option for the Cleanup() function or the onGallowVictimInteract event after death?

I'm trying to do a necromancer build with the PC storing their bodies on the gallows for later use as dead thralls, but if I can't cut them down, that puts a damper on those plans lol.

Edited by Lute
On 3/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, Kharos said:

Not an answer to your question obviously, but: Taking a look at pamaRopeTrackingController.psc I noticed that there is a single place where you are calling registerForUpdate - all other places are using registerForSingleUpdate. Is that on purpose (the one place calling registerForUpdate) or is it a mental auto-complete error?

Thats just an development artifact. This piece of code is unreachable.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:09 AM, jr902441 said:

A small problem with the Guilloutine is that the victim becomes bald (hair disappears) upon the execution. This maybe a problem with skyrim itself?

Happens when the hairs .nif is assigned to the wrong biped slot.

Can be fixed with nifscope, but this would have to be done for EVERY hairstyle you use. so its nothing i can fix from my end.

For gallows I also encountered the bug that victim floats in the air after death when using the "legs free" animation, "legs together" works perfect.

I have heard this from a few people, but I havent be able to reproduce it. is the victim animating or ragdolling?

A picture would be very much appreciated, i can get a lot of info from that.

Would be nice to make all devices removable as the gallows.

Agreed. will be done.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:37 PM, Lute said:

Yeah. Very minor edits to pamaPersistentGallows.psc, I swapped victim.UnequipItemSlot(32) for victim.removeallitems. Would be strange if that had anything to do with it. The log bloat doesn't seem to happen consistently, though, and only most commonly if I set up and use a bunch of gallows outdoors in the Skyrim worldspace. Indoors seems fine.

I was asking because you mentioned "not killing victims on cell-leave" earlier. Tinkering with that function could cause issues.

switching from slot32 to removeall should be harmless.

Might be a rare race-condition prevents the tracker from stopping properly.

Can you give me some more details on how to reproduce this?

On 3/29/2022 at 11:37 PM, Lute said:

I am having difficulties with getting the message box (to Cut Down or search the NPC's body) to fire when an NPC dies on the gallows with a magiceffect from another mod active, though. It only lets me search the NPC and not cut them down, though occasionally I still get the message box. I'm trying to debug that to make a compatibility patch, but I can't figure out how that box actually fires. Could you please clarify how the mod/script displays the message that lets you cut down or search the NPC? All the other message boxes work fine-- as far as I can tell, something is just getting the way of the option for the Cleanup() function or the onGallowVictimInteract event after death?

The Box is triggered by a "perk entry point"

Basically, its a CK feature which lets you run a script when the player interacts with something and user defined conditions are met.

Problem is, only one of these entry points can ever be triggered when a player activates something ( a corpse in this case).

The Entry points can be assigned priorities.

I  only ever use 99 as priority for my stuff, never 100.

So if some other mod has a valid entry point for the hanged npc and has its priority set to 100, it would prevent the box from showing.

12 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

I have heard this from a few people, but I havent be able to reproduce it. is the victim animating or ragdolling?

A picture would be very much appreciated, i can get a lot of info from that.

I tested again, it seems this doesn't happen every time, out of 8 NPCs I hanged, the bug appeard on 2 of them.

They didn't just float in the same position, they would kind of drift around with their feet spinging like helicopter rotors, I don't know if this count as animating or ragdolling.

Here are some pictures.

The character with noose sometimes has small alignment issue with the gallow. One of them also droped down upon death, but when I active the gallow I still saw the "cut down" option.

And is there any differences between the two wayrest Guilloutine? Currently they appear to be the same for me, NPCs on them will show the same pose.

I am on skyrim LE if that matters.

1111.jpg

2222.jpg

3333.jpg

4444.jpg

5555.jpg

6666.jpg

7777.jpg

8888.jpg

9999.jpg

7 hours ago, jr902441 said:

They didn't just float in the same position, they would kind of drift around with their feet spinging like helicopter rotors, I don't know if this count as animating or ragdolling.

I have seen a similar effect (floating with rotating legs) in the past when NPCs with equipped devious devices dropped unconscious, woke up and then tried to get up. Not very helpful, I know, but it's not something that happens exclusively with Pama's mod.

19 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

I was asking because you mentioned "not killing victims on cell-leave" earlier. Tinkering with that function could cause issues.

switching from slot32 to removeall should be harmless.

Might be a rare race-condition prevents the tracker from stopping properly.

Can you give me some more details on how to reproduce this?

The Box is triggered by a "perk entry point"

Basically, its a CK feature which lets you run a script when the player interacts with something and user defined conditions are met.

Problem is, only one of these entry points can ever be triggered when a player activates something ( a corpse in this case).

The Entry points can be assigned priorities.

I  only ever use 99 as priority for my stuff, never 100.

So if some other mod has a valid entry point for the hanged npc and has its priority set to 100, it would prevent the box from showing.

I am not getting the option to cut down victims either. Maybe you could as a backup react on the OnActivate event of the gallows itself?

11 hours ago, jr902441 said:

And is there any differences between the two wayrest Guilloutine? Currently they appear to be the same for me, NPCs on them will show the same pose.

Spoiler

20220401212748_1.jpg.a4923bd10b7320b802ad0f877be2e739.jpg

20220401212857_1.jpg.583cda2af82cff7ccf525f11c3efde32.jpg

Its a small detail, but a friend asked for it.

Thanks for your images btw, now I know what I´m looking for :)

4 hours ago, Kharos said:

I have seen a similar effect (floating with rotating legs) in the past when NPCs with equipped devious devices dropped unconscious, woke up and then tried to get up. Not very helpful, I know, but it's not something that happens exclusively with Pama's mod.

stuff like this seems to happen when scripts run the wrong functions on dead or ragdolling actors.

In this case, the error does occasionally happen on my test build, so its not related to DD in this case, but most likely a problem on my end. I´ll look into it.

4 hours ago, Kharos said:

Maybe you could as a backup react on the OnActivate event of the gallows itself?

good Idea.

Edited by Pamatronic
4 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

stuff like this seems to happen when scripts run the wrong functions on dead or ragdolling actors.

In this case, the error does occasionally happen on my test build, so its not related to DD in this case, but most likely a problem on my end. I´ll look into it.

good Idea.

The 'Moonwalking' thing has been around since forever.  All the people who produced the varied 'Ragdoll Paralysis' mods tried to cure it, but none were ever successful

It was prevalent in the LE version of HSH when you put slaves in HDT chains - IIRC, the code seemed to require that the NPC was paralysed, put in some sort of wait state, chain attached, and then it reverted the 'conscious' state, hopefully attached and placed where you wanted it.  This would seem to work for a while and then 'something' would happen in game, and thereafter they would be walking on the ceiling, banging off the walls etc, 

Similarly, in Defeat, tie up an NPC, and then kill them, and they could float up into the sky, sometimes gracefully, sometimes with a whoosh!  I tried taking Grelod to the Dark Brotherhood lair clearing, putting her in a puddle of oil, and setting it on fire, and I don't think it was the heat tthat made her levitate ?   And if you videod an already dead, float in the air, NPC, they would sink slowly to the ground again as the screen framecounter reduced from the standard game 60 fps to the video's 25fps  LOL

If you can fix this weirdness, you'll deserve to go down as a genius ?

Hi!

How to update from 1.9 to 2.0 version? Existing save can't load after turn off 1,9 version. I found here information about changed form ID, so via ReSave purge all information in save about that mod. Look like it's helped for me. Question: Purging save is don't create problems in future? I am doing right?

Spoiler

purge.jpg

On 4/2/2022 at 3:36 AM, Pamatronic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

20220401212748_1.jpg.a4923bd10b7320b802ad0f877be2e739.jpg

20220401212857_1.jpg.583cda2af82cff7ccf525f11c3efde32.jpg

Its a small detail, but a friend asked for it.

Thanks for your images btw, now I know what I´m looking for :)

I see, however in my game both of the wayrest guilloutines indeed ues the same pose, and it's different from the ones in your images.

enb 2022_04_04 02_34_49_01.jpg

enb 2022_04_04 02_34_56_87.jpg

On 4/3/2022 at 8:57 PM, jr902441 said:

I see, however in my game both of the wayrest guilloutines indeed ues the same pose, and it's different from the ones in your images.

That´s the original Pose from Zap.

Do you have some other mod installed which interacts with deadly furnitures? maybe some (poorly done) compatibility patch for zazHelperAddon or Zaxtons positioner?

Because this error is likely caused by something re-adding the zap specific keyword which I had to remove.

On 4/2/2022 at 2:09 AM, DonQuiWho said:

If you can fix this weirdness, you'll deserve to go down as a genius ?

Im afraid its way too late for me to get into making SKSE plugins. I can propably resolve it for my devices, but nothing in this world can fix it for DD ?.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:03 AM, tessory2 said:

Hi!

How to update from 1.9 to 2.0 version? Existing save can't load after turn off 1,9 version. I found here information about changed form ID, so via ReSave purge all information in save about that mod. Look like it's helped for me. Question: Purging save is don't create problems in future? I am doing right?

Hide contents

purge.jpg

I cant really condone doing stuff like this at all, especially not on a save you care about.

BUUUT, deadly Furnitures doesn't really interact with any basegame entries and doesn't use any lingering effects, so its POSSIBLE that purging it wont screw up your save. But I'm not an expert on this.

@markdf can probably give you a more qualified answer on this.

small PSA, because this question keeps popping up:

If a character loses his/her hair when using the chopping Block or the Guillotine, its caused by an error in the .nif of the hairstyle itself. Heres how to fix it with Nifscope:

FixingBaldness.jpg.b91b6e752df668ced6102aa95101dae7.jpg

It has to look like this.

• 2 weeks later...

image.png.f971b275ab0766a812536d0e90954df3.png

I did some additional testing, it works well but one issue that I am seeing is that corpses have weapons equipped. Not sure why, maybe resurrect messes with the equipment? I think that detecting and then unequipping or removing equipped weapons in ReattachCorpse(..) would make sense for the mod.

In my own mod, I am using Actor.GetEquippedObject(..) to detect weapons, see here. Feel free to use any parts of that function that you find useful, licence is CC0.

[Edit] After some more playing I noticed that it is "random": For the same corpse, sometimes the weapon is equipped, sometimes it is not.

Edited by Kharos
  • 2 weeks later...

I met a minor problem. When I used the newest chopping block to execute Serana, it didn't work. Her hands were tied and two executioners were ready, but nothing happened. They just stood there for about 15 seconds and then Serana suddenly died like she had a heart attack. I tried mutiple times at different locations, same result. The chopping block works for everyone else except Serana and I don't know why, can you help me? Thanks.

On 4/17/2022 at 10:49 AM, Kharos said:

I did some additional testing, it works well but one issue that I am seeing is that corpses have weapons equipped. Not sure why, maybe resurrect messes with the equipment? I think that detecting and then unequipping or removing equipped weapons in ReattachCorpse(..) would make sense for the mod.

In my own mod, I am using Actor.GetEquippedObject(..) to detect weapons, see here. Feel free to use any parts of that function that you find useful, licence is CC0.

[Edit] After some more playing I noticed that it is "random": For the same corpse, sometimes the weapon is equipped, sometimes it is not.

Thanks for that, will add it.
I removed the default weapons from pretty much all potential followers in my game, so i didnt notice.

Not sure about the randomness however. I do see this as well, but I dont see a pattern.

On 4/26/2022 at 12:30 AM, sweet777cj said:

I met a minor problem. When I used the newest chopping block to execute Serana, it didn't work. Her hands were tied and two executioners were ready, but nothing happened. They just stood there for about 15 seconds and then Serana suddenly died like she had a heart attack. I tried mutiple times at different locations, same result. The chopping block works for everyone else except Serana and I don't know why, can you help me? Thanks.

I suspect this happens with characters who have an essential quest Alias pointing at them. I cant say for sure however.
(side note: usually the "real" serana isnt killable at all without some other mod removing her Dawnguard quest alias.)

the chopping block was one of my first devices and is therefore an absolute mess. one eplanation could be that i went the "intended way" to trigger the animation, rather than abusing the debug functions. It could be that there is some hardcoded failsafe that prevents the animation to trigger for important npcs.

Anyway, while i cant help you right now, the Block will recieve some major remake at some point. this issue will be adressed then.