I have seen this mod mentioned in a couple of the other mods I use.  This is the first time I have seen it come up so I'm not sure what this mod even does.  However I AM looking forward to trying it out.  It looks like it's been around a long time I'm glad you have decided to update it again.  Thanks!

On 10/28/2022 at 2:59 AM, Clessith said:

I have seen this mod mentioned in a couple of the other mods I use.  This is the first time I have seen it come up so I'm not sure what this mod even does.  However I AM looking forward to trying it out.  It looks like it's been around a long time I'm glad you have decided to update it again.  Thanks!

This is THE best mod in category when it's all working properly and is a really good experiance if you're looking for a more brutal Skyrim for a poor charecter - but I'd probably find out what it does before installing! 

MEP is very special in some ways:

There are many problematic situations because this mod intervenes very deeply in the gameplay.

The central point to play well with MEP is the cheat menu, which you have to use to cheat your way out of dead situations.

Another key point in MEP is preparation. NPCs and clothing have a central function. Before you can play with MEP in a meaningful way, you have to assemble and save outfits and choose suitable NPCs that you want to see by your side as candidates for the hard quests.
If you ignore this preparation, the game will hardly work with MEP

Many people accuse me of the instability that comes with this deep intervention and I try to reduce such situations, but I have a few principles that I strictly follow:

1. realism - MEP throws you into a world dominated by heartless brutal men. It therefore often comes to situations that are borderline.
  2. freedom - as far as principle 1 allows I always try to offer the player an alternative.
  3. uncompromising - if a quest is deadly, there is no pardon. There are many opportunities to die in MEP and most of them are unpleasant.
  4. humiliation - every NPC tries to humiliate you in many ways. Much of it is distasteful, brutal, and cold-hearted. If you have a pimp, he wants to make money from you before anything else. Actually, almost everyone tries to take advantage of you to squeeze out a few septims.
  5. stability is secondary - I clearly subordinate stability to effects. There are enough mods that are limited by the technical possibilities, but MEP is not. If a scene runs well in many cases and if it conveys the feeling of defenselessness and hopelessness, I accept it.
Edited by zaira

BTW: this is also the reason why MEP doesn't play well with other mods in parallel which covers some similar aspects.

Most modders decided to not provide public APIs for mod collaboration and I don't have the time to reverse engineer all those mods in the wilds.

ZAP did provide some basic collaboration APIs but only a very few amount of mods made use of it.

After several years I have decided now to cut off old braids and stop using ZAP collaboration APIs.

The next MEP will uncompromisingly ignore everything that does not run in the Toys Framework.

44 minutes ago, Caster245 said:

how do i install the english patch? just put it into maria eden folder or zip and install it with mo2?

Not sure which version you are referring to but the English translations would affect mariabase.esm, MariaProstition.esp .. which would both replace those in the data folder.

MariaIdles.json would go in \data\skse\plugins\storageutildata folder.

59 minutes ago, Caster245 said:

finally managed the install the mod but i got only one problem,i cant equip the outfits.Any idea what can be the issue?

You need to define them yourself .. so choose your favourite clothing mods, and use the outfit configuration. 

Again, depending on the version you are using you can define them yourself by wearing the outfit and then saving it. Somewhere in the options you can target a user (you should have a spell called target user/Self .. and you can copy their outfit to you and then you can save it.

On install there is sometimes an option to say .. use default outfits, so that will give you some for starters.

You could probably find a version of ME and look within the data\skse\plugins\storageutildata\mariaNPCoutfits and copy across that data.

The challenge is that you might find they are referring to outfits from mods that are hard to come by or not available anymore, so making your own is preferable.

On 10/30/2022 at 1:56 PM, zaira said:

MEP is very special in some ways:

There are many problematic situations because this mod intervenes very deeply in the gameplay.

The central point to play well with MEP is the cheat menu, which you have to use to cheat your way out of dead situations.

Another key point in MEP is preparation. NPCs and clothing have a central function. Before you can play with MEP in a meaningful way, you have to assemble and save outfits and choose suitable NPCs that you want to see by your side as candidates for the hard quests.
If you ignore this preparation, the game will hardly work with MEP

Many people accuse me of the instability that comes with this deep intervention and I try to reduce such situations, but I have a few principles that I strictly follow:

1. realism - MEP throws you into a world dominated by heartless brutal men. It therefore often comes to situations that are borderline.
  2. freedom - as far as principle 1 allows I always try to offer the player an alternative.
  3. uncompromising - if a quest is deadly, there is no pardon. There are many opportunities to die in MEP and most of them are unpleasant.
  4. humiliation - every NPC tries to humiliate you in many ways. Much of it is distasteful, brutal, and cold-hearted. If you have a pimp, he wants to make money from you before anything else. Actually, almost everyone tries to take advantage of you to squeeze out a few septims.
  5. stability is secondary - I clearly subordinate stability to effects. There are enough mods that are limited by the technical possibilities, but MEP is not. If a scene runs well in many cases and if it conveys the feeling of defenselessness and hopelessness, I accept it.

Is there plans for content in the execution room? I've noticed the cell and some NPCs but didn't see any current quests using it in the current version?

1 hour ago, Executaball said:

Is there plans for content in the execution room? I've noticed the cell and some NPCs but didn't see any current quests using it in the current version?

Yes, in next version this is one place where you can end up if you don't behave well

Edited by zaira
  • 2 weeks later...

Well... it is not a request but.... if the pose menu were completely translated, it'd be a great help...

edit: found the trans...

but I don't think I have the client/dog pissing animation. Do I need to download them somewhere?

actually... I just noticed that there is a 2.51 version of ME, does it mean I can ignore this thread and shift to the 2.51 version thread?

do we have a discord?

Edited by zhuguannan123
12 hours ago, zhuguannan123 said:

I think I'm stuck at the current ME settings, is there a way to reset the whole mod back to default?

Depends what you mean by stuck settings? - What do you think is stuck? 

If you are referring to outfits, or assigned potential masters then make sure you've deleted the contents of MariaNPCs, MariaNPCOutfits in \data\skse\plugins\storageutildata

before you do a re-install.

If it's placement of furnitures, off the top of head don't know as I'm currently playing a really old version at the moment but it'll likely be in the same directory location. 

3 hours ago, jc321 said:

Depends what you mean by stuck settings? - What do you think is stuck? 

If you are referring to outfits, or assigned potential masters then make sure you've deleted the contents of MariaNPCs, MariaNPCOutfits in \data\skse\plugins\storageutildata

before you do a re-install.

If it's placement of furnitures, off the top of head don't know as I'm currently playing a really old version at the moment but it'll likely be in the same directory location. 

well, first the outfit manager panel won't go away after i've finished selecting which outfit to save/store, so it's kinda messed up now... 2nd, sometimes I cannot summon the Outfit Manager and the Self Manager, in fact, any manager can be unavailable to summon at random. The 3rd and the most important, asking someone to become a pimp/slaver  won't work, nothing happens when done the dialogue.

So I'm looking for a total resetting to the default of the mod, what else do I need to delete except the outfit files?

Thank you very much.

PS, all  the conditions mentioned above vary depends on the saves using.

Edited by zhuguannan123
58 minutes ago, zhuguannan123 said:

well, first the outfit manager panel won't go away after i've finished selecting which outfit to save/store, so it's kinda messed up now...

Hmm. If you're having troubles accessing the menus not getting the correct responses when asking someone sounds like you need to clear your system completely of any old installations, uninstall all the related mods and check the \data\scripts folder for any old/legacy Maria/ME scripts.

Regarding the Outfit Manager - It does keep looping asking to save outfits. I think you press the escape key (or maybe enter) to shut it down once you've defined your outfits. 

• 1 month later...

How is the player supposed to organically end up enslaved? Are there any scenarios when defeated/surrendering in combat where the player will be enslaved/auctioned (a la simple slavery)? The only way I've found is to ask NPCs directly to be enslaved or ask the auctioneer to be sold, but that does not fit my character. 

Right now I'm running ME without simple slavery installed. Do I need SS isntalled in order for this mod to "take over" the handling of auctioning the player to slavery?

(PS. thanks for your hard work in this awesome mod! Looking forward to seeing whats to come in the future :) )