Horizon Zero Dawn

5 hours ago, ToJKa said:

The fights and enemies are great, but the rest is a bit of a standard sandbox. Wheter that's a problem is everyone's personal opinion. The word on the PC version is that the port suffers from severe performance and stability issues, apparently more so on NVidia cards.

Also since previously released Death Stranding runs great on the same engine, people are not happy.

Oh, and Guerilla didn't port it themselves, but the studio behind the notorius Batman: Arkham Knight. Which was so bad it had to be unreleased :classic_laugh:

Haven't bought it myself yet, waiting for a patch or a sale first. After all i already have it on PS4.

Again, zero performance issues.  Zero crashes.  This is not a bad port that I'm playing.  I'm rocking nvidia cards in sli (Titan X's) and ultra settings on freaking everything.  I don't know if it is just an optimization thing or the folks that are having problems are just trying to play with settings their rigs can't handle.  I didn't even update my video drivers.....despite the game demanding that I do.  I only update when I have problems.  Half the time the updated drivers turn out to be shit.  

But I can certainly see waiting on a sale if you already have the game on the console.  I bet you can pick it up for cheap when steam or gog when they roll out their Christmas sales.

38 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Again, zero performance issues.  Zero crashes.  This is not a bad port that I'm playing.  I'm rocking nvidia cards in sli (Titan X's) and ultra settings on freaking everything.

I don't doubt it, other people are saying the same too.

Others say they have to use console settings at 1080p with 2080 TI's and I9's to make it somewhat playable.

There can't be that many computer illiterate people with such expensive systems. Can there? :classic_laugh:

56 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

There can't be that many computer illiterate people with such expensive systems. Can there? :classic_laugh:

Well........I think we have both seen the answer to that one.  :)

1 hour ago, ToJKa said:

Others say they have to use console settings at 1080p with 2080 TI's and I9's to make it somewhat playable.

I'm running an I7 with two Titan X's, so maybe it is just tuned for older cards.  Who knows.  I'm sure the publisher will figure it out.

I got the game on PS4 when it released and just couldn't get into it. It felt like a generic sandbox to me and the only interesting part was the robot dinosaurs. I might give it another try on PC if there's active mod support for the game though, it (like many other sandbox games) seems like a good platform for modding anyway.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:39 PM, ToJKa said:

Yeah people throwing money at a problem are never technologically illiterate. Ask mac users ;) (I am a mac user myself, so I can make that joke)

Thing is I don`t doubt there can be real issues, making a game work for every PC config is much more complex than making it work for 2 console configs. Saw quite a few mentions of memory leak, don`t know if it`s relaity or just people parroting what they saw but could be a good reason why game would behave poorly in some configs. Hopefully the dev team will figure it out in the meantime people who can wait just have to wait

12 hours ago, Kpnut said:

I got the game on PS4 when it released and just couldn't get into it. It felt like a generic sandbox to me and the only interesting part was the robot dinosaurs. I might give it another try on PC if there's active mod support for the game though, it (like many other sandbox games) seems like a good platform for modding anyway.

The game never really claimed to be anything different through. Even the reviews of the times drew a lot of comparison to assassin creed (claiming they made them enjoy climbing view points). The game is really competent as what it does especially considering the studio was not known for this style of game before. But yeah if you don`t like games in a Ubisoft mold this game won`t change your opinion

20 minutes ago, Frel said:

Yeah people throwing money at a problem are never technologically illiterate. Ask mac users ;) (I am a mac user myself, so I can make that joke)

Thing is I don`t doubt there can be real issues, making a game work for every PC config is much more complex than making it work for 2 console configs. Saw quite a few mentions of memory leak, don`t know if it`s relaity or just people parroting what they saw but could be a good reason why game would behave poorly in some configs. Hopefully the dev team will figure it out in the meantime people who can wait just have to wait

:classic_wink:

PC Benchmark Test - 1080p - Max Settings - Intel i5-9600K & RTX 2060

I've got a decent rig and my game crashed at least 4 times before completing that stupid optimization process I gues it took at least a hour or two to bypass this BS, when I finally started playing the game, there was so much stutters that I just gave up on the game until they release a proper patch to fix these issues.

22 hours ago, Frel said:

people parroting what they saw but

Pretty much. First off, there are shader based hangs and the game actually runs 25% faster on x16 bandwidrh set of lanes versus an x8 PCIE slot, but there aren't any traditional memory encroachment issues that I've ever seen.

I finished the game last night (early this morning).  The final battle was pretty satisfying.  Game still ran great for me and no crashes.  I thought it had a pretty good story.  The only real disappointment I have is the damn near impossibility of getting the best armor in the game until way late in the game.  Other than that, enjoyed the shit out of it.  78 hours and I did not do all the side quests.  A bunch, but not all.  I also haven't played the expansion area either.  I'll come back to play it later.  I need a little break.  As was said earlier, this is a typical ubi game.  If you don't like their games, this one isn't going to be any different.  

I'm off to play Greedfall.  I started playing it but was anxious to play Zero Dawn.

That reminds me, i never did get the ultimate armor on PS4, i think i missed one power core somewhere.

Oh, and the robot bears in the expansion (Frostclaw and Fireclaw) make Thunderjaws look like kittens ?

BTW, snow deformation in the DLC area doesn't work on PC :trollface:

16 hours ago, ToJKa said:

BTW, snow deformation in the DLC area doesn't work on PC :trollface:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/horizon-zero-dawn-pc-no-snow-deformation-ps4-aloy-hair-bug/

https://www.de24.news/2020/08/horizon-zero-dawn-technical-problems-cloud-pc-release.html

I buy this game only, when all errors are eliminated and the PC version puts the PS4 version in the shade! :classic_tongue:

4 hours ago, winny257 said:

Same, but when it gets a good discount! I won't pay it at full price, as the PS4 version costs less than half lol

3 hours ago, Verasmile2 said:

Same, but when it gets a good discount! I won't pay it at full price, as the PS4 version costs less than half lol

Almost every game developer makes it so, publish to another console, or as in this case, for the PC, it always costs the full purchase price!
but that's not what it is about, I would even be willing to pay more, but for that I demand quality and not just any crap which game developers cook together. :classic_laugh:

tenor.gif

by the way you have 444 posts, and that costs only a beer. ?

6 hours ago, winny257 said:

Almost every game developer makes it so, publish to another console, or as in this case, for the PC, it always costs the full purchase price!
but that's not what it is about, I would even be willing to pay more, but for that I demand quality and not just any crap which game developers cook together. :classic_laugh:

tenor.gif

by the way you have 444 posts, and that costs only a beer. ?

Yeah I know about the full price thing, but as I already have it on PS4 I won't pay it full price again ? even if I was ready to do it if it was easy to mod and add various things that I'd loved to do on PS, or at least a nude mod with sex included ? just to play it in a different way

And I didn't got what you meant with the beer? Is that a reference to something?

On 6/11/2020 at 2:20 AM, donttouchmethere said:

Oh! When did they change that :classic_ph34r:

I miss everything :classic_huh:

In another topic someone even claimed the Mauer is gone ?

(?)

The Netherlands, Was also known as the Batavian Republic, And the Untied Provinces.
First a Part of the Holy roman Empire under Habsburg rule (so technically Austria-Hungary)
When the Throne of the HRE went to Fillip II of Spain the Spanish inquisition, Also started operating on in the republic of the seven united provinces. This was a problem as we were strongly protestant. This led to the 80 years independence war Which started in 1581 finally our independence was recognised by Spain in 1648.
So they changed it in 1581.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:25 AM, winny257 said:

now I'm confused! :O
since when have the BeNeLux States been part of Germany?
each country has its own capital!:classic_tongue:
Belgium = Brussels
Netherlands = Amsterdam
Luxembourg = Luxembourg
Germany = Berlin 
before the fall of the wall was Bonn for West Germany. :classic_wink:

only one is correct, all countries belong to the EU.

Belgium and Luxembourg were part of the Netherlands, But big neighbours to the south, east and west. Resulted in the occupation of the Netherlands (we did however put our stadtholder in charge of England). After The fall of the french empire, The Belgians fought independence war against the Netherlands. And England and Germany decided that Luxembourg be its own thing.

The BeNeLux a Loose friendship and cooperation treaty between the three nations.

NO WE DO NOT BELONG TO THE EU. At least not officially yet, the power grab by the EU has yet to come.

Don't rustle my jimmies next time fellas

On 8/8/2020 at 11:16 AM, ToJKa said:

Oh, and Guerilla didn't port it themselves, but the studio behind the notorius Batman: Arkham Knight. Which was so bad it had to be unreleased

Ah yes - the Arkham Knight fiasco. I ended getting it probably 2 years after that and with everything fixed/on sale (GOTY) it was one of my better purchases.

I already planned on getting HZD but have so much on my table now there's no reason not to do the same - wait on patches and a sale to boot. I'm trying not to watch videos just like I did for the Witcher 3. It paid off since besides a few references to the 'looks' of a game, I was completely free of prejudice and preconceived thoughts about game play.

• 2 weeks later...

By what i found so far there are some projects to export game assets out of the game archives :

https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=17726

https://github.com/Jayveer/Decima-Explorer

The DecimaExplorer seems not quite to work with HZD files, it doesn't really read all the data.

Havent took a look onto the tool of 2019.

Looks like simple replacement of textures could be doable fairly quickly, for animations and meshes it could get interesting once those files are actually exportable to look at.

Framework like stuff... i wouldn't count on that, atleast not with only a simple explorer toolset.